View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 180  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Minion

That's a good way of looking at things. I'm doing a digital solution personally. All in all the rules are solid. Not sure how I feel about the way or the time in which they came about, but that's pretty irrelevant at this point as what's done is done.

I haven't started painting FK yet... I'm honestly a little terrified of doing those minis, as I'm pretty obsessively particular about the details. Between the more detailed color palettess, and how many pieces have leaves and such SO close together, I'm not sure I'd ever be "done" with those ones, haha. How's it been going for you on painting then?

March 31st, 2018, 6:13 pm
Consul

Uuuurgh! Not the "Starving children in Africa"-argument!

I wanna start a movement: First world problems are also problems.
whadda'ya say?

March 31st, 2018, 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:

whadda'ya say?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use that argument when my wife leaves a drink half finished.

"THERE ARE SOBER KIDS IN AFRICA, FINISH YOUR BOURBON!"

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I haven't started painting FK yet... I'm honestly a little terrified of doing those minis, as I'm pretty obsessively particular about the details. Between the more detailed color palettess, and how many pieces have leaves and such SO close together, I'm not sure I'd ever be "done" with those ones, haha. How's it been going for you on painting then?

I feel the same way. I found a great commission painter who painted my FK heroes for an absolute bargain. (tsirachel/Rachel Frost)

Check out the link if you're interested:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

March 31st, 2018, 6:19 pm
Bottle Cap

TheHandsomeDan wrote:

Aaah....You feel my pain. I've just picked up my paintbrush for the first time in 25 years. I used to paint minis for demo games, but I'm really slow at the moment. Like you said, I'm getting hung up on the details and managing about 1 a day, but really pleased with the results seeing as how rusty I have got. Lots of room for improvement though. At this rate we'll probably have the game before I've finished. :)

March 31st, 2018, 6:58 pm
Minion

dezmug62 wrote:
At this rate we'll probably have the game before I've finished. :)

Hahaha. I felt the same way until a month or two ago. I've got nearly everything they've released (missing a few of the limited/exclusives they've done with other titles), even a couple duplicate groups, and I think I'm just about halfway through the entire 1.0 and Forgotten King collections now. Still have a lot to go, but I suspect we'll know about manufacturing starting about a month or two before it actually does (which is to say that I think we'll get news as soon as they have it). So we've got some time. ^_^

March 31st, 2018, 7:43 pm
Consul

dezmug62 wrote:
At this rate we'll probably have the game before I've finished. :)

At the rate I paint my <insert any miniature game I own> the Sun will probably burn out before I've finished...

March 31st, 2018, 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:

whadda'ya say?

Well, to be fair there are starving children in Canada too.

But that's just because they are waiting for the groceries from Kickstarter.

March 31st, 2018, 11:59 pm
Minion

Spazzfist wrote:
Well, to be fair there are starving children in Canada too.

But that's just because they are waiting for the groceries from Kickstarter.

I thought it was because they only had enough cash to serve as beer money.
Because, you know, priorities... And BEER, deliciously brewed beer.

April 2nd, 2018, 11:13 am
Mini-Boss

This idea could be good to try use in hero dashboard layout.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

April 4th, 2018, 3:11 pm
Denizen

That is a pretty cool idea. I'm not a huge fan of the current hero dashboards, but they're definitely serviceable for beta testing.

So the left side could be the equipment that modify dice and the right side could be the job card for the class. The only issue is that you can mix and match the rank abilities and they said they didn't want to be too restrictive or spend a lot of money printing a bunch of cards that make the hero card unwieldy/won't get used.

I think the way they have the current dashboard works b/c you can reallocate your dice upon level up and with only two equipment, there shouldn't be too much extra dice to keep track of, but if they moved them to the left side, then they could just 'add dice' to the stats like the example. I don't like the whole coloring in part, but that works for PnP. I was thinking something like magnets or reusable vinyl stickers, but that adds extra cost and obviously a luxury.

I was also thinking that a LOT of the hero card is taken up by the dice stats, but I also kind of get it. You don't want a tiny character sheet, but there's like, nowhere to put notes/background, etc. I don't like the write in ability and would rather have a card to place/stick there, but of course, it's a lot of cards to print for not much use b/c there are no cross over class abilities.

I really want hero dashboards for just arcade/classic to have designated areas to place tokens instead of on the card. I do this myself, but my playgroup hasn't quite caught on yet. The nice thing about the Legends card is you can stack it on the nice sized portrait and it doesn't cover up card text.

I do like that the base card has art on it b/c i really don't want to have hero sheets without a portrait!

Just rambling.

April 4th, 2018, 3:43 pm
Moderator Ninja

It would be cool if someone made something like the boards Team Covenant made for Arkham Horror the LCG.

https://teamcovenant.com/product/arkham ... thos-board

April 4th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Denizen

Jestor wrote:
It would be cool if someone made something like the boards Team Covenant made for Arkham Horror the LCG.

Yeah, really would....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14620

.....really would.....

April 4th, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moderator Ninja

dsdrew924 wrote:
Jestor wrote:

Yeah, really would....

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14620

.....really would.....

Looks sweet!

April 4th, 2018, 7:08 pm
Denizen

Reading update and...

<face palm>

April 5th, 2018, 1:58 am
Mini-Boss

On the previous update John Cadice warned us what expect on the content to read most of the times it comes out. Nothing to be surprised... it's just a ping on IP to check they still alive weekly. Sit, relax and don't lose your breath. It doesn't worth lose your mind. The tides won't change flow just because of backers' good, bad or indifferent feelings.

As I said on KS comments, I could be more excited about new fennek models are in queue of future releases, but the company now is following the pattern of monthly limited-store pricey masterclass resin models which I just keep watching it coming in and leaving out without open my wallet to buy one, sadly.

* The art of wait.

April 5th, 2018, 2:53 am
Denizen

Nephastus wrote:
On the previous update John Cadice warned us what expect on the content to read most of the times it comes out. Nothing to be surprised... it's just a ping on IP to check they still alive weekly. Sit, relax and don't lose your breath. It doesn't worth lose your mind. The tides won't change flow just because of backers' good, bad or indifferent feelings.

As I said on KS comments, I could be more excited about new fennek models are in queue of future releases, but the company now is following the pattern of monthly limited-store pricey masterclass resin models which I just keep watching it coming in and leaving out without open my wallet to buy one, sadly.

I agree with Nephatus on this one. :shock:

@Neph, don’t despair. Once the KS is fulfilled and they beat the log-jam, I believe we’ll see a plethora of plastic minis again!

April 5th, 2018, 5:12 am
Consul

tl;dr :lol:

April 5th, 2018, 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Neph, I'm utterly confused right now. Did you just... caution restraint?

Has someone kidnapped you? Cough once if you need us to send the FBI.

April 5th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Mini-Boss

:D

Just read it:
https://ideas.ted.com/could-your-though ... ge-faster/
Could your thoughts make you age faster?
I'm cleaning my cup of poison to not drink it anymore.

* The art of wait.

April 5th, 2018, 5:07 pm
Denizen

@Neph, That one comment post really stuck with you huh?

I’m proud of you buddy!

April 5th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 180  Next