View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 128  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
we have returned to the golden age of board games?.. I lose count.. how many gold before it goes up to platinum or diamond? I know you need 10 Bronze to make a Silver...

At least from my country point-of-view, we have much more options on local stores than before. Sorry, I am slow to catch the irony or sarcasm.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

September 19th, 2017, 2:56 pm
Minion

^_^ no problem. it's kinda part of a play on how everything is some 'golden age' which is often ill-defined and normally refers to a believed 'high quality' over mass production, in the same way as the Golden age of Computer gaming was before the crash of 1984, and the golden age of comics was in the 1940s.

September 19th, 2017, 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Tarlach wrote:
It's weird, because I would really like to jump on some of the stuff in this sale, but I just can't bring myself to drop money on it when I have no real idea of whether I'll have the new core set in time to plan games over THIS winter break, or if I'll have to wait for NEXT winter break.

I don't mean that in an impatient or angry way, just...pragmatic.

Update: failed will save, now own $200 more minis.

Obviously I'm in this for the actual game. I'm not bothering to learn the old rules since I'll just have to re-learn the new ones. So I'm just sitting on hundreds of dollars worth of plastic until the KS ships. Somewhat impatient, hopefully understandably.

September 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm
Minion

depending on what you are sitting on, you might still be able to play while waiting ^_^

September 19th, 2017, 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
^_^ no problem. it's kinda part of a play on how everything is some 'golden age' which is often ill-defined and normally refers to a believed 'high quality' over mass production, in the same way as the Golden age of Computer gaming was before the crash of 1984, and the golden age of comics was in the 1940s.

If those are the golden ages, then it doesn't refer to quality, it refers to nostalgia.

September 19th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

If those are the golden ages, then it doesn't refer to quality, it refers to nostalgia.

they are said to be and quality depends on the person but yes. everyone seams to know the 'good old days' which in real life, where never as good.. of course, the video game crash was because one new idea was good, so everyone copied with there version... which these days seams to be a good thing ¬_¬;

September 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Btw,related to pollution: if you take pollution per population , China isn't even that bad. Anyways, I was testing, liked it and am happy to get my stuff at some point.
I have other stuff to do and other games to play, but SDE has a special place in my life.

September 19th, 2017, 9:16 pm
Ninja Corps

Tarlach wrote:
Tarlach wrote:
It's weird, because I would really like to jump on some of the stuff in this sale, but I just can't bring myself to drop money on it when I have no real idea of whether I'll have the new core set in time to plan games over THIS winter break, or if I'll have to wait for NEXT winter break.

I don't mean that in an impatient or angry way, just...pragmatic.

Update: failed will save, now own $200 more minis.

Obviously I'm in this for the actual game. I'm not bothering to learn the old rules since I'll just have to re-learn the new ones. So I'm just sitting on hundreds of dollars worth of plastic until the KS ships. Somewhat impatient, hopefully understandably.

Depending on what you have accumulated, you can use the playtest rules to play what is likely 90-95% of the final release of the game. It does require printing out versions of the loot and treasure for the coming version, as well as new components like the mighty monster chart. But, it is very playable doing that and rule changes between what's available and what will be in the final release are, likely, minimal.

September 19th, 2017, 10:13 pm
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
As Chibi/SD Ameritrash game, Super Dungeon is eating the dust of Arcadia Quest forever, despite of differences, both are part of same niche. I don't know the entire story around the end of partnership between SPM and CMoN beyond the Relic Knights chibis exclusivities, but just this reason is pointless nowadays with the change of Kickstarter Exclusives policy here and maybe the story of this game could be different to the best way instead of falling on the vortex of oblivion and disappear.

Only problem with this logic is the fact that if the new brass of CMON gets their way, they won't be making miniature games AT ALL anymore...

September 19th, 2017, 11:42 pm
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

A cultural golden age doesn't refer to quality as such, but is a period where great and important tasks were accomplished within a given field.
The fact that comic were suddenly commonly available and even made is what made the 40's a golden age. Arguably the quality of comics is better today.
You could certainly say the 2000's/2010's are a new golden age of board games as we have seen a rise in quality, innovation, amount of new games and popularity.

September 20th, 2017, 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Image Image

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

September 20th, 2017, 3:39 pm
Bottle Cap

Nephastus wrote:
(images)

I really don't understand what you're trying to express most of the time. I wish that you would use words instead of memes, images, and videos, so that what you're trying to say would be clearer. Additionally, maybe other people perceive it differently, but that type of "I'm not dignifying this with words" post seems glib/flippant/trollish to me.

What I take these images to mean is that you consider Legends to be dead and you're sad about it? Is that correct?

September 22nd, 2017, 3:34 pm
Ninja Corps

Tarlach wrote:
seems glib/flippant/trollish to me.

Hit the nail on the head there. All that person ever done here is declare SPM, Nina division, or something else dead or crumbling or a failure. I literally haven't seen them post anything but that for I don't know how log. Lord knows why they would be here anymore if it wasn't just to try and troll people at this point.

September 22nd, 2017, 3:40 pm
Minion

I totally don't understand... a large tomb stone with Requiescat in pace written on it (mistakenly translated as 'Rest in Peace' when it's more 'Rest at Peace' which even makes more sense.. schoolkid latin for heavens sake.. and my school was too stupid to teach latin ¬_¬) a gif from a rip-off film.. and the legends logo.. The death of a rip-off of Legends? so another rival has died? maybe it's a young thing I'm too old to understand.. I am in my 30s after all..

September 22nd, 2017, 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
I totally don't understand... a large tomb stone with Requiescat in pace written on it (mistakenly translated as 'Rest in Peace' when it's more 'Rest at Peace' which even makes more sense.. schoolkid latin for heavens sake.. and my school was too stupid to teach latin ¬_¬) a gif from a rip-off film.. and the legends logo.. The death of a rip-off of Legends? so another rival has died? maybe it's a young thing I'm too old to understand.. I am in my 30s after all..

I learned it from Assassins Creed 2 :mrgreen:

September 22nd, 2017, 9:41 pm
Consul

Get with the times grandpas! In 20 years nobody will be writing with old fashioned "letters". It'll all be emojis and memes.

:cry: :evil: :roll: :lol: :cry:

(Translation: save me from this hell! I'm kidding lol - but not really)

OMG the forum design fascists has actually put a limit on smilies! wut wut wut! Max number allowed is 10! RIP!

September 22nd, 2017, 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

^_^; never played much of the Assassins Creed games.. Thief fan ^_^

and.. Emojis is a stupid fakebook name.. they are Emoticons. it's just fakebook people are too dumb to deal with large words ^_^

September 22nd, 2017, 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Consul

I remember when they were just called smilies.
And remember how first person shooter games were called DOOM-clones?

Truly we have fallen from grace...

September 23rd, 2017, 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Remember when Wolfenstein was a overhead game where you could mug the Nazi's and not the 3D shooter game which brought the rights for the name? Silas Warner was a fantastic programmer.. and Doom was seen as a Clone at first too ^_^ now it's just seen as a series of mediocre 'returns' ¬_¬;

What about when you could pop into a local toy and game store and buy tons of great board games? that's long gone now.. most of my old board games still had the 'pop the cards out of the card sheet' which is seen as SOOO evil now (self assembly is now the evil word...). sigh..

September 23rd, 2017, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Technically, emoji, emoticons, and smilies are different things.
This is an emoticon: ;D - a graphic representation of a facial expression. Will differ with font selection.
This is a smiley: :D - a given website or forum's softcoded gallery of image codes, used to substitute and compliment emoticons. Will stay standard across viewers.
This is an emoji: [removed] - universal unicode standard letters that resemble smilies; arguably a universal set of smilies common across platforms, but which will differ on viewer platform's unicode library.

Edit: It appears the SDE forums' mysql can't support emoji.

September 23rd, 2017, 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 128  Next