View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 187  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
We all know that the internet doesn't turn off for Thanksgiving, and 'Thanksgiving Eve' isn't a thing. Maybe next time just say you're all itching to start your four day weekend -its cool, we understand. When you start painfully rewording things to try and make them sounds better at the very last minute, that's when we start getting concerned. It's a slippery slope to the way things were with this project for so long. Im not saying you're "off the wagon" by any means, just be careful. ^_^

Keep up the good work on SDE, enjoy your holiday weekend, and maybe let us know a little beforehand if you need to change plans in the future.!

Speak for yourself, Dan! Thanksgiving Eve is definitely a thing. It's a big deal thing. You start the turkey (if it has to cook overnight), you welcome the early guests, you may go out for a movie or dinner or drinks or something, then you all get to argue about who sleeps where. You stash the frozen food in the freezer in the garage, and depending on the size of your family (and how tired everyone is from traveling), you play a little touch football in the yard. Then you drink until it's pretty late, but light stuff like wine or beers or whatever, turn in after midnight, and pretend you're going to be able to sleep in on Thanksgiving even with a houseful of people.

No, dude, Thanksgiving Eve is most definitely a thing. Hell, even if you're not blowing the doors off with a family get-together, it's still pretty much assumed that we're all leaving work by noon. I don't know if you're not living in the US or if you're just stuck working retail on the worst weekend to work retail, but for a giant cross-section of Americans, the Thanksgiving holiday starts on Wednesday.

November 27th, 2017, 10:52 pm
Minion

Just wondering, as there have been many refunds, would late backers (to fill the gaps) start to receive their pledges after the original backers wave 2 or would we (late backers) get wave one after the original backers receive their wave one?

November 27th, 2017, 11:35 pm
Minion

InfinityMax wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
We all know that the internet doesn't turn off for Thanksgiving, and 'Thanksgiving Eve' isn't a thing. Maybe next time just say you're all itching to start your four day weekend -its cool, we understand. When you start painfully rewording things to try and make them sounds better at the very last minute, that's when we start getting concerned. It's a slippery slope to the way things were with this project for so long. Im not saying you're "off the wagon" by any means, just be careful. ^_^

Keep up the good work on SDE, enjoy your holiday weekend, and maybe let us know a little beforehand if you need to change plans in the future.!

Speak for yourself, Dan! Thanksgiving Eve is definitely a thing. It's a big deal thing. You start the turkey (if it has to cook overnight), you welcome the early guests, you may go out for a movie or dinner or drinks or something, then you all get to argue about who sleeps where. You stash the frozen food in the freezer in the garage, and depending on the size of your family (and how tired everyone is from traveling), you play a little touch football in the yard. Then you drink until it's pretty late, but light stuff like wine or beers or whatever, turn in after midnight, and pretend you're going to be able to sleep in on Thanksgiving even with a houseful of people.

No, dude, Thanksgiving Eve is most definitely a thing. Hell, even if you're not blowing the doors off with a family get-together, it's still pretty much assumed that we're all leaving work by noon. I don't know if you're not living in the US or if you're just stuck working retail on the worst weekend to work retail, but for a giant cross-section of Americans, the Thanksgiving holiday starts on Wednesday.

Oh, right up there with Saturday Eve every Friday, right?
As mentioned in my previous posts, I live in the US. I've lived here in the states for more than 30 years, with significant time on each coast -where the vast majority of population density in the United States exists. My statement was that there are the exceptions (you, for example, are what is commonly referred to as 'outlying data'), but working in office environments where I've observed that at most 5-10% of employees at most (and that's being generous) travel more than an hour or so to see friends or family for Thanksgiving. I work in a department of just over 120 people, and after asking around I found three people who travelled any longer than their regular work commute. This year's experience seems to support my original statements.

Also :P

November 28th, 2017, 2:28 pm
Minion

killseal wrote:
Just wondering, as there have been many refunds, would late backers (to fill the gaps) start to receive their pledges after the original backers wave 2 or would we (late backers) get wave one after the original backers receive their wave one?

Since I've spent time being a smart@ss here already, I believe I can also be helpful:

As it has been explained to me, back before this project missed it's first estimated ship date (commonly known as "the way back" or "the long long ago"), it's really a matter of when youbl completed your pledge manager. The pledge manager went out months after the Kickstarter closed, so late pledges would have the opportunity to lock in and confirm how much of what they wish to purchase at the same time as the regular backers. As it was explained to me, it really comes down to whether you got your pledge manager submitted on time. Late updates could cause delays, but even now, I can't foresee that causing an issue (this part is my own speculation, not from SPM staff) because it will have been 12+ months between the start of manufacturing and the pledge manager's closing. So as long as you didn't totally forget to do the PM, you should be fine.

Again, I'm not an employee. This is what I was told by an employee when I asked the question way back when. It is POSSIBLE that they might have changed their minds on this in any number of ways. Given how long we've all been waiting, I would think/hope that they haven't come back and changed their minds on this, but I haven't seen any reason to believe that they've changed this. Looking at every other Kickstarter I've backed, I can't think of one where it actually had any notable impact on my time to receive once shipping began.

Hope that helps!

November 28th, 2017, 4:15 pm
Minion

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
InfinityMax wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:

Oh, right up there with Saturday Eve every Friday, right?
As mentioned in my previous posts, I live in the US. I've lived here in the states for more than 30 years, with significant time on each coast -where the vast majority of population density in the United States exists. My statement was that there are the exceptions (you, for example, are what is commonly referred to as 'outlying data'), but working in office environments where I've observed that at most 5-10% of employees at most (and that's being generous) travel more than an hour or so to see friends or family for Thanksgiving. I work in a department of just over 120 people, and after asking around I found three people who travelled any longer than their regular work commute. This year's experience seems to support my original statements.

Also :P

This is going off topic...but you asked around your department, making note of all 120 people in your department and only 3 are travelling far? Or is that 3 is from just a smaller subset within 120 people in your department? I guess, what is regular commute referring to? That information you posted sound more like the "outlying data" term that you used to refer to InfinityMax's post. I found it more credible in USA Today's numbers and statistics stating 50.9 million people will be traveling >50 miles in the USA to be with family. That is roughly 15% of the US population compared to your ~3% of your department traveling more than "regular commute". Since they are traveling far to be with family, those not traveling but hosting those that are traveling far are likely taking time off to be with them.

On-Topic somewhat - I have not look thoroughly into the Legends documents, but I'm hoping those class options will be easily adapted for the sci-fi chibis and other themes. I have a Chrono-Trigger, multiverse Chibi campaign I would like to try out.

November 28th, 2017, 4:58 pm
Minion

@TheHandsomeDan

That just might be helpful or at least have given me of how it might turn out. I late backed mid 2016 but I wanted to up my pledge to completionist which I think was at the end of 2016. So I should fine.

Thank you very much. :D

November 28th, 2017, 5:45 pm
Ninja Corps

I see thanksgiving like the weekends and a lot of people have things to do. Noticed these forums are dead on the weekends compared to the rest of the week. Even if your living in your parents basement a major holiday tends to pull people away from the internet. I went down the block for a quick turkey dinner with friends and only had a my cell. not really engaging in a chat with that. So I don't think its that surprising a major holiday is a decent reason to delay the live Q&A.

November 28th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Mini-Boss

one thing I like about American houses compared to the UK.. you guys have basements ¬_¬ I see it as a total waste that we don't any more... all that space going to waste.. sigh..

================

November 28th, 2017, 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

ManicMan wrote:
one thing I like about American houses compared to the UK.. you guys have basements ¬_¬ I see it as a total waste that we don't any more... all that space going to waste.. sigh..

Wait you don't have basements! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Where do you bury all the bodi... er never mind. 8-) 8-) 8-)

November 28th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Mini-Boss

quicklime ^_^ the old fashion way

================

November 28th, 2017, 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:

The worst thing is (at least up North) all the houses have old coal storage that give the illusion of a something that leads to a basement. When I was a kid we all thought all the houses HAD basements and they'd all be filled in with concrete for some strange and spooky reason.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

November 30th, 2017, 1:57 pm
Mini-Boss

Ohh I would like to have a coal cellar.. sometimes you can enlarge them or at least use them as some storage space.

================

November 30th, 2017, 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
Ohh I would like to have a coal cellar.. sometimes you can enlarge them or at least use them as some storage space.

Yeah I actually keep the vacuum, toolbox, pet supplies and all my wargaming terrain in there so its not all bad ;)

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

November 30th, 2017, 4:13 pm
Mini-Boss

since I can never find the livestreams now (don't look that hard for them since I can't view them live anyway) and the soda pop and ninja sites are... out of date (they really need to hire at least one person who is in charge of handing the website, if only to keep it up to date with information released by the company a few days before).. and the ninja FAQ hasn't been update (well, it's only the day after for this one so that's kinda okay).. was anything about SDL or anything said at the live feed? again.. as a comment earlier, no transcription now which is okay, but does make it even harder to find what you are looking for.

================

November 30th, 2017, 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
since I can never find the livestreams now (don't look that hard for them since I can't view them live anyway) and the soda pop and ninja sites are... out of date (they really need to hire at least one person who is in charge of handing the website, if only to keep it up to date with information released by the company a few days before).. and the ninja FAQ hasn't been update (well, it's only the day after for this one so that's kinda okay).. was anything about SDL or anything said at the live feed? again.. as a comment earlier, no transcription now which is okay, but does make it even harder to find what you are looking for.

Not really anything new.

We did get some new eproofs that you'll see in the update next week.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

November 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm
Mini-Boss

Okay ^_^ sounds good.

Oh very stupid question: NPCs are only used as Blank figures with stats in the rules (so subject to change based on mission) more then some form of NPC card so that the same Character has some basic stats the same each time?

================

November 30th, 2017, 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
Okay ^_^ sounds good.

Oh very stupid question: NPCs are only used as Blank figures with stats in the rules (so subject to change based on mission) more then some form of NPC card so that the same Character has some basic stats the same each time?

Yeah, NPCs will not have stat cards. Depends on the scenario.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

November 30th, 2017, 9:49 pm
Mini-Boss

though so ^_^ just wondered to double check

================

November 30th, 2017, 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Current Status:

Lets see.. from the ways things have been said and are going (taking Official statements and not unofficial ones)..
*Production at the Factory in China started early November.
*the Factory is a factory group company which has internal divisions like a lot do. One section is casting figures, another printing boxes, another cards (though this might be the same part), another assembles, and another ships.
*Steel molds and test casts have been made and shown for Wave 1 Models (you can see these, or at least some of these, on the KS posts and the ND progress FAQ)
{} while not an official or unofficial statement, we can be safe in saying production of models is underway.. if you want to try and get a factor to show you photos of these process... well...
*Layout and proofing for Printed Card Stocks is underway. Final Layout and proofing is a early production stage (When you make a movie, the Storyboarding and camera setup is production. assembly of the final film is post-production. the Filming is the later stage and not always the longest stage of production)
*Shipping to and from disturbing warehouses to doorsteps should be April, for a mid-late April arrival date.
*Not all the model production for all various products (outside of SD) are done by the same factory group or location, so some of the problems with missing parts doesn't really apply.. that said, it's always a possibly (Personal note, in the past I have only had... 2 SD products with a missing part.. both cases, I paid no notice to it cause I felt it was minor and works fine without it (in fact, 1 Dragon Priest Tail and one RattleBone arm)

I just thought this little thing might be nice cause a lot of people seam upset that card stocks are still showing the eproofs and thus no production has stated.. models do take longer to cast and we have seen this stage has pasted for them so I can't understand some of the fuss.. which people have some right to be upset, I never agree people have the right to be abusive to anyone.. We all make mistakes though and can get a little.. annoyed at times ^_^ we just need to deal with it and move on. If yesterdays emeries can't be tomorrows friends, then next week is gonna be very lonely.

================

December 9th, 2017, 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

https://youtu.be/wKOEJs602uk

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

December 14th, 2017, 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 187  Next