View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 181  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

InfinityMax wrote:
Imriel wrote:
InfinityMax wrote:
2) FK variants haven't been a thing.

Actually, we've seen the cursed knight spawn cards, alternative to the bramble knight, and in one update they mentioned an alternate to the old growth.

I stand corrected! I didn't notice alternate FK cards, but I miss stuff all the time. Thanks for setting me straight!

You can see them here.

December 21st, 2017, 1:21 am
Denizen

Imriel you rock! But now I may have to get another box of FK.

December 21st, 2017, 3:52 pm
Ninja Corps

I was just thinking the same thing. A damaged/eBay box of FK just for painting. The market demands!

December 22nd, 2017, 3:15 am
Minion

@Justin

I don't want to get entrenched in politics and nastiness here, just have a straightforward question:

Given the actual time required to manufacture, package, and ship product overseas to your distribution center -and the time to then sort and ship out everyone's pledges, what is the current likelihood that we (backers) will receive Wave I to our doorsteps by the end of April 2018?

If the real amount of time it takes to do this now exceeds the possibility of getting Wave I to our doorsteps by April 2018, then what is the current realistic estimate for this?

Again, not here nagging or giving you flak, just looking for a straight answer on something.

December 22nd, 2017, 5:04 pm
Mini-Boss

fair enough question but can i add, about maybe any idea how long manufacturing and packing etc for the is?

We know shipping is stated as 2-3 weeks.. well, stated as:
North America: - 25 days from shipping date
Asia: - 7 Days from shipping date
Australia/new Zealand: - 14 days
Europe: - 30 days

KINDA a bit confused why it is believed to be longer from China->International hub->Europe then to North America, yet quicker to Asia (which makes sense cause it's closer).. but oh well.. That basiclly means if they want to keep to the Hope most backers get it by mid-end of April, March 31st/April 1st is probebly the last shipping date, though delays due to idiots like Parcel force that want to put there hands all over everything you own and then charge you half the price on top for that fact (I don't mind the VAT but Parcel Force/Royal Mail admin fees are the WORSE of all the UK ones that can pass through customs)..

anyway.. So we know the shipping dates from what we have been told.. We don't know how long the casting molds take.. injection plastic molding does variy but an average from some Chinese factory and experince with the UK plastic factories ... one spure (if you want to cast it that small) of one colour for example, the first Midnight Queen Spur shown (which has 3 heroes that were planned for that Level box) would take about...15-20 seconds once the plastic is melted. that's the time to pour, jiggle and demold.

Making the molds is probebly one of the longest parts of the mold processe (short of designing the figures of course).. which is basiclly roughing the mold with a CNC mill or machine, the EDM to get the final shape, then the surfash finish would take ... for this kinda thing.. about a week to 2 weeks per mold (if only one mold was being made a week). Like in the UK, but often worse, new years/christmas time means places are closed typically 2 to 3 weeks at the VERY lognest (if you don't think that is like the UK, while some things have changeed, typically factories and stuff is closed from 20/22th December till 2/3 january.. depending on the place (look up the ODM group's closure times to get an example of the range.. there Drawstring bag factory in Zhejiang takes the longest time off).. anyway.. If plastic molds started casting in January, then i should be fine for April.

But ideally, the production manager might know the lead-time for the product.. that'll help alot..

================

December 22nd, 2017, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

There have been people in the KS comments asking for a production timeline, which seems to be what is being requested here. I'm going to copy my response to them here, because it is what I have:

Morning all,

Our office is going to be closed next week, so this is going to be my final check in on this comment section until January 1st.

@Julius
I have taken things you posted and copy and pasted them to the production team. Your questions were heard. The response I got back was, we cannot give you a hard timeline until eproofs and molds are fully approved. Which was in the update Deke posted (and I'll copy and paste it again, not for you because I know you saw it, but for anyone reading this section from top down):

"While we are still waiting on these last items, any revision to timelines would just be a guess. Once I know the molds are done and the proofs are approved it will be far easier to provide you with a solid timeline. Right now, we are still pushing as hard we can for our April window."

They did not purposefully misunderstand your question. They simply stated they needed more info before they could fully answer it. I understand that may not be satisfactory. But that is all I have right now. As I find out more, you will find out more. And, for the record, I did not find your posts negative in the slightest. You have been perfectly polite and reasonable, and I genuinely thank you for that. I wish I had more for you.

@James Stec
You asked if delivery would be in April and requested a hard yes or no. All I can tell you is that every projected date I have seen says April and our estimates have not changed since this update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ts/2002230

That said, I cannot give you a hard yes or no without full knowledge of the future. If the ship the product is on sinks, you certainly will not get it in April. All I can tell you is that the projected date is April and, if there are delays, I will inform you as soon as I know about them.

@everyone
Thank you for your patience! The project has been delayed. That is certainly frustrating, and we make no excuses. Over the week where I will not be here, please do not vent that frustration at your fellow gamers in these comments (whatever point of view you have). We are the ones who are late, please lay it at our feet. Be kind to each other.

I know you want more production information. Right now everything I have is in the link posted above. If those timelines change for any reason, I will let you know as soon as I am informed.

The most recent Legends update has a new adventure, and we hope you all get a chance to look at it and enjoy it. Please send us any feedback you have. We want to know what you think.

This is an amazing community, and we hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!

-Ninja Justin

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

December 22nd, 2017, 7:53 pm
Mini-Boss

again, perfectly fair enough answer ^_^ would like a bit more of course but that's more then you should really expect from a company anyway. Not that it'll stop some moaning but nothing much is going on while things shut down for WNY which is often 1-3 weeks anyway

================

December 22nd, 2017, 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Yeah... I want to have all of the shiny new chibis, cards and game boards right now, but I think the wait is reasonable from here. I'm glad that you guys are communicating well and moving things along.

December 22nd, 2017, 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I don't fault @Justin by any means -to be blunt, he seems to go well out of his way to assist beyond what most individual employees would. I do wish he wasn't the only one handling customer communication -it seems like an unfair load for him sometimes, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind having someone else to share the receiving end of the nastiness that comes through sometimes.

I appreciated his comment here and on the Kickstarter page, because it gives us what he knows. At the same time, and this is nothing against @Justin, it does come across as someone who is likely stuck in a place where customers rightfully want to know some important information, he doesn't know that information, and those that do don't appear interested in sharing it with him. That's particularly evident in the number of cases where he's been apparently blindsided by his employer's own statements both as they occur and I the past. That's not necessarily his fault, but it reflects a company that doesn't apparently use project plans/logs to great effect. One can't expect someone in his role to fix that problem.

As Julius mentioned in the Kickstarter comments, it doesn't appear that manufacturing has actually started yet, nor that an actual time slot FOR that manufacturing has been nailed down yet. If it was starting some time in the next week, and they really rushed things... Maybe. Just maybe it would be feasible. But if they were going to start in the next week, then we'd already be locked into a spot, and the manufacturing timeframe wouldn't be sitting here still unknown. Logic unravels things nicely that way sometimes.

So he hasn't technically been told that the April date has gone out the window. Much like a software company might keep pushing a completely unachievable release date internally because it looks good -knowing that they literally can not hit that date. "We're still shooting for April" doesn't mean anyone believes it will happen, just that they haven't revised the date yet. Again, I'm not calling Justin or anyone a liar -I want that to be abundantly clear. But I am saying that the current timeline, short of a manufacturing miracle (and let's be honest, that hasn't been standard luck for us as backers) there just isn't time to get a slot, produce the new core box in volumes to match backer order volumes, and ship that to the distribution centers by the end of April. So all I can take away from this, being as optimistic as is realistically possible, is that it's probably well understood April isn't happening, but they won't admit that publicly until they have their manufacturing dates and true timelines locked in. Or until they want to start another Kickstarter project and need to do damage control on that beforehand. I've seen others suggest that they'll probably get the first copies of wave I in just in time for Gen con 2018, which will be sold to customers there before backers receive them, if RRI is any indication. That's not even me being 'nasty', that's just honest accounting for recent track records. I want to believe better, but I'm not going to be willfully blind here.

December 23rd, 2017, 1:35 am
Mini-Boss

Playing a game the other day... and a minor slight little problem which i don't know (i don't remember) it was had been addressed before..

Playing Normal Explore with new (V2) rules.. when the tracking game up to 'trigger Bosse's timeout'.. well.. The Boss was Goro.. which presented 2 problems:
1) I was not, at the time, playing with 'pet Parade' so no pets or creeps.. yet Goro's Timeout is to bring out 6 Creeps.. so without creeps.. he doesn't HAVE a timeout..
2) These creeps are meant to be summoned without 2 squares of Goro.. since the Timeout was happening via the Monster Tracker and was BEFORE Goro was on the board, where the rift do they summon?

Minor issues really, I could come up with a couple of ideas but more interested in the official one.. I take it a New Goro card would be downloadable with the Errata set to come out after Legends... Anyone remember if this was brought up before?

================

December 26th, 2017, 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

ManicMan wrote:
Playing a game the other day... and a minor slight little problem which i don't know (i don't remember) it was had been addressed before..

Playing Normal Explore with new (V2) rules.. when the tracking game up to 'trigger Bosse's timeout'.. well.. The Boss was Goro.. which presented 2 problems:
1) I was not, at the time, playing with 'pet Parade' so no pets or creeps.. yet Goro's Timeout is to bring out 6 Creeps.. so without creeps.. he doesn't HAVE a timeout..
2) These creeps are meant to be summoned without 2 squares of Goro.. since the Timeout was happening via the Monster Tracker and was BEFORE Goro was on the board, where the rift do they summon?

Minor issues really, I could come up with a couple of ideas but more interested in the official one.. I take it a New Goro card would be downloadable with the Errata set to come out after Legends... Anyone remember if this was brought up before?

This is running purely from memory, ad I haven't checked the rules for a while now, so take it with grain of salt. I seem to recall a rule somewhere that gives guidelines on how to handle a timeout effect that usually requires a boss' presence. I can't remember what the rule is. But I strongly recall it being addressed. I also don't believe that pet parade is required to use creeps at all, just to introduce the non-boss mechanics to use creeps.

December 26th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Mini-Boss

yeah. for point one, that makes sense.. creeps are still used if a method like the boss requires them.. and i was sure something said about the issue but i couldn't find anything with a few checks.. i'll have to check again

================

December 26th, 2017, 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I played my test game with Goro and I think where to spawn creeps in a case of no boss is in play yet is within 2 squares of a hero. I don't remember where in the rules it is, but I just remember making a tactical mistake of surrounding a hero and due to a potion ability, he killed all my creeps on next turn...

December 26th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Mini-Boss

Page 23:
Quote:
If the timeout requires range to be measured from the dungeon boss, instead the Consul chooses a Hero that is on one of the noted tiles and measures range from the chosen Hero instead.

December 27th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Mini-Boss

Ah thanks.. must have missed that bit ^_^

================

December 27th, 2017, 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Oh, incase anyone is interested, i've created a I created a topic on the painting and modeling section for SDE for my Custom Tokens and stuff..
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14638

================

December 28th, 2017, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I just bought the Fireflow/Dragon Peak map set from a local store in Finland... A Christmas miracle?

No news on the big turtle boss, so I gave in and ordered it from the Ninjapop store.

I still have the Arcade Beta rules and cards, so soon I get to serve some turtle soup for my heroes over some nice and warm lava streams. Joy.

December 30th, 2017, 10:53 pm
Mini-Boss

Lucky ^_^.. though i don't have many local model/gaming shops (toy shops in general in the UK are totally rubbish.. last two times, about a year apart, i traveled some distance to visit a Toys R Us, and both times they basiclly the same Old of date stock for brand new prices (as in, the first time, it was stock from the start of the Year in the first quarter, but it was now the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th).. that didn't bother me too much.. the prices were the TOP range of the RRP, some oldest stock on clearance which i picked up, alot of stuff i would expect NOT there, nothing newer then the First Quarter stuff, signs showing where brands which ended a couple of years earlier were at one point but something completely different there now.. the second time i visited a year later, it was the SAME first quarter stock.. maybe some updates in a couple of bits, but now selling over a year old stuff at the top end of RRP... couldn't find a thing i wanted... Oh, apart from a couple of items which i didn't buy cause i had gotten some a a more local clearance shop for a fraction of the price since it was a few years old..

and then the UK shops moan how hard up they are ¬_¬ no kidding...

anyway.. none of the model/gaming shops sell that much.. the odd GW or Airfix, or Hornby etc, but not a great deal and not much outside of that.. never seen any Sodapop stuff for sale in the streets in the UK.. though i did pick up Fireflow Denzes and Rock Top Gang a couple of years back online from a not too far away shop selling them as shutting down clearance stock.. that town is a bit of a distance away for me though so probebly why i never saw it..

================

December 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I grabbed the fire tiles and Tetsudo Tower from Archonia in UK. With DPD delivery, it ended up quite cheap to have it delivered in France.

Now they joined the backlog drawer XD

January 1st, 2018, 12:32 pm
Mini-Boss

Sadly when I ordered testudo, the tiles were out of stock. Still archonia reliably delivered arena as well as testudo.

January 1st, 2018, 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 181  Next