View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
Can I just ask a couple of questions, a couple which are kinda restating:
1) Can we get a look at an NPC token
2) Due to the fact you need to shuffle the deck, Do we get printed new Relic cards for old bosses with the bitey Book? with the best will in the world, its kinda tricky to print out new relic cards, shuffle them and not notice a 'fake' card in the deck.
3) is there someone bored enough to do the translations (or atleast mostly) of the video FaQs?

1) No, unfortunately, lay out on Legends has not started, which is when tokens would be made. That said, the NPCs are actual models which you can see in the sculpt compendium here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ts/2006472

2) You actually don't shuffle Relics, the Consul just chooses one. So that won't be an issue. But the desire for physical cards is understandable. Even so, the older bosses and anything related to them were not a part of this kickstarter, so those will not be included in the bitey book. But to restate, they will be free PDFs and we will look into ways to distribute physical cards, but I make no promises and it's not a priority until this kickstarter ships, unfortunately.

3) We do not have a word by word transcription, but all of the questions asked in the video were reformatted and answered here: http://ninjadivision.com/kickstarter-pr ... ct-status/

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

October 27th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Denizen

Ah thanks.

Makes sense about the tokens and yes, I know that'll all be models with the KS, like with Forgotten King (though with that, the Pets became models for retail too) so we never got the tokens in the end.. no problem though.

I forgot about that with the relic cards.. and yep, fully understand able. and with them not needing to be shuffled, the consul just picks from the default or boss special one, then i'm more then happy to print them myself.. might see about some more printer stock..

okay, link good.. the fact that I didn't know about it, no so.. maybe a comment on the video saying 'click here for a summary' after the fact or something... I know the SPM site is mostly out of date in many places, but this kinda should be linked to their too.. but that's just nickpicking

October 27th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Was there supposed to be an update on Wed? Justin said in an earlier post that there was supposed to be an update on the 1st. :?:

November 2nd, 2017, 3:36 am
Denizen

next update should be the 11th and should feature the Legends item and wonder decks, and some new adventures.

I might have missed it but I don't remember an update stated for the 1st but now we are in November, the factory should soon be starting injection moulding.

November 2nd, 2017, 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
next update should be the 11th and should feature the Legends item and wonder decks, and some new adventures.

I might have missed it but I don't remember an update stated for the 1st but now we are in November, the factory should soon be starting injection moulding.

Where'd the 11th come from. Isn't that a saturday?

Quote:
“Hi all, We have a bit of an announcement to make. We have already moved our updates from Fridays to Wednesdays to allow us to better address any questions that the updates may generate. In addition to this we are making one more change to the way we do our updates: from this point forward we will put out an update every other week. Last week we had an update on Wednesday and this week we are doing a livestream instead of an update, so the next Super Dungeon: Legends update will be next week, Wednesday 10/25/17. And the next update after that will be Wednesday 11/1/17, etc. We will also be doing one livestream every month, scheduled on a Wednesday with no update. We are making this change so that we can give you more meaningful updates. Our weekly update schedule has left us with some updates that were, frankly, lackluster. We want to have enough time between updates in order to show you some real progress and make each update more meaningful, rather than having to put up updates with "filler" just to hit our weekly schedule. This new schedule also allows time for our monthly livestreams, which we hope will be a great way for you to engage with us here at the studio and get your questions answered. And, of course, we will check this comment section every work day and address your concerns as best we can. We will do this until you all have your pledges. We also want to talk a little about the timing of this announcement. We have seen some concern that communication will drop off once Starfinder ends. That is not going to happen. We were originally going to make this announcement during the livestream tomorrow, but we realized it may look as if we waited for Starfinder to end to announce we were doing fewer updates. So we came on here now, to let you guys know the plan ahead of time. And again, this is simply a change to make each individual update more meaningful, and to allow more time for livestreams which we hope will be a great way to communicate with you. It's about maintaining higher quality communication for the remainder of this kickstarter. -Deke & Justin

Oct 17 2017 on Super Dungeon Explore: Legends

November 2nd, 2017, 1:42 pm
Denizen

prodigal_dreamer wrote:

Where'd the 11th come from. Isn't that a saturday?

Sorry, I got confused with the illogical American date format.. I only use English or Japanese formats ^_^ both of which make a lot of logical sense and Japanese is best for digital archiving.

8th is what I meant.

and I guess that changed because they made a mistake.. if the 25th was an update (which it was) the fortnight after that is the 8th, not the 1st, and the 8th was what was stated with the last KS post

Quote:
On the Legends front, we are currently completing the Item Deck and the Wonder Deck as well as the first several campaign adventures. Our next update (11/8) will feature a new download with all of that content.

November 2nd, 2017, 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

Yeah I may have made a typo. Sorry!

Updates are every other week and we had one last week. Next update is next week (the 8th).

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

November 2nd, 2017, 4:14 pm
Moderator Ninja

ND_Justin wrote:
Yeah I may have made a typo. Sorry!

Updates are every other week and we had one last week. Next update is next week (the 8th).

20 lashes with a wet noodle for you!

November 2nd, 2017, 7:59 pm
Denizen

I've got no idea what that means. Can we settle for jam and ants? (erm.. what's the American for Jam... erm.. Preservers?)

November 2nd, 2017, 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

ManicMan wrote:
I've got no idea what that means. Can we settle for jam and ants? (erm.. what's the American for Jam... erm.. Preservers?)

We have jam but it is commonly all referred to as just jelly even though it's all different.

November 2nd, 2017, 11:10 pm
Denizen

^_^ I only had a tiny bit of American language teaching back in secondary school (erm.. that's.. High-school).. so I'm a bit limited. though to be honest, even a lot of English people get confused since I used English spellings and terms more (the amount of people that can't even spell Gaol right is just a joke)..

Wasn't aware some of you still called it Jam.. cause I know it's often called Jelly and Jelly is called 'Jell-o'.. which kinda makes a jelly sandwich sound eatable, where if it was jelly... I don't know many that would want to try it.

November 2nd, 2017, 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Lets bring back this topic again: The Midnight Queen..

Since we now have flavour text, we learn more.. She is not a shadow like Shadow-mode Candy. She is a 'Human Witch'. The text says interesting things but I think the main point of note: "She is the Dark Consul's terrible will made manifest". Now I don't think that 100% means she was purely created by him.. I was thinking it was possible but then the whole Daemonus issue comes back to bite us.. Again, built by a gnome, guardian of the Queen, infact houses part of the Dark Consul's soul to whisper corruption to the Queen and shield her from the light, continuing to usher her along the path to darkness.

Basically, I return to what I've said before.. The Midnight Queen is Princess Amethyst. Daemonus which looks and appears to be the Consul made by a Gnome for the Princess is the same one. Amethyst was shown to spend all her time with it and talk with it. His card says how he whispered corruption (you can't corrupt that which was created as Evil to be evil.. it IS that in the first place). Also he ushers her along the path to darkness, trying to stop the Prophecy my making her more and more corrupt and evil, while shielding her from the light which we turn her back into the Good princess that would save the land from the Dark Consul.

Now we have new flavour text on the Boss Card.. so lets look at that.. Unknown origin, Dark Consul took her and twisted her to Evil. nothing that really stands out apart from again, she was not CREATED by the Dark Consul, but twisted by him. So as I see it, we have two possible options:
1) Just what I said. the Classic Good one that is to create the prophecy has been twisted to evil. Can our heroes reawaken all that is good in her to save the land? or will she forever descend into Evil.
2) The Dark Consul took a clever girl well trained in magic, Kidnapped the princess via his Construct given to her, the Construct when to the girl, she was twisted into a likeness of Amethyst to help confuse the heroes into believing she might be the princess, and thus they can't destroy her, else all is doomed.

November 3rd, 2017, 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:

Since we now have flavour text, we learn more.. She is not a shadow like Shadow-mode Candy. She is a 'Human Witch'. The text says interesting things but I think the main point of note: "She is the Dark Consul's terrible will made manifest". Now I don't think that 100% means she was purely created by him.. I was thinking it was possible but then the whole Daemonus issue comes back to bite us.. Again, built by a gnome, guardian of the Queen, infact houses part of the Dark Consul's soul to whisper corruption to the Queen and shield her from the light, continuing to usher her along the path to darkness.

Basically, I return to what I've said before.. The Midnight Queen is Princess Amethyst. Daemonus which looks and appears to be the Consul made by a Gnome for the Princess is the same one. Amethyst was shown to spend all her time with it and talk with it. His card says how he whispered corruption (you can't corrupt that which was created as Evil to be evil.. it IS that in the first place). Also he ushers her along the path to darkness, trying to stop the Prophecy my making her more and more corrupt and evil, while shielding her from the light which we turn her back into the Good princess that would save the land from the Dark Consul.

Now we have new flavour text on the Boss Card.. so lets look at that.. Unknown origin, Dark Consul took her and twisted her to Evil. nothing that really stands out apart from again, she was not CREATED by the Dark Consul, but twisted by him. So as I see it, we have two possible options:
1) Just what I said. the Classic Good one that is to create the prophecy has been twisted to evil. Can our heroes reawaken all that is good in her to save the land? or will she forever descend into Evil.
2) The Dark Consul took a clever girl well trained in magic, Kidnapped the princess via his Construct given to her, the Construct when to the girl, she was twisted into a likeness of Amethyst to help confuse the heroes into believing she might be the princess, and thus they can't destroy her, else all is doomed.

Oh, Princess Amethyst is most DEFINATELY the Midnight Queen! Her flavor text says one of her nicknames is "The Prophecy Breaker!" :D

November 3rd, 2017, 7:27 pm
Bottle Cap

@Justin Given the lore, what's the likelyhood of getting a Daemonus "pet" card to come with SD Arcade that ties into princess Amethyst just like Never Lost Cola ties into Brave- Mode Candy? ^___________^

November 3rd, 2017, 7:29 pm
Denizen

Prody - Yep. I really go for my first option.. while both are pretty cliché, the first is better. It's the classic Japenese RPG story too. come to think of it, Chinese as well.. the Good Princess who has the heavy weight of the prophecy on her. The Dark Consul knows it's her that can fulfil the prophecy and defeat him once and for all, so he arranges things so she is under HIS power, thus he is saved more then if she was martyred (That is, if he is even able to). Now she makes the goddess much weaker with the corruption, bringing overs to the Consul's side with her evil taint (in fact, that's one of her abilities). The heroes are trapped.. They know the only way to defeat this powerfully focal point of the Consul's power is to kill her, But IF they do that, the Consul wins, as the only way to defeat him is gone forever. And with Daemonus forever by her side and undefeatable for long (she keeps bringing him back, also one of her powers), the Dark Consul can keep his evil will blocking out the Goddess's light for ever more as she falls deeper and deeper into his evil..

Also, doubt it on the pet front.. too big and powerful for a Pet..

November 3rd, 2017, 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

Oh, Princess Amethyst is most DEFINATELY the Midnight Queen! Her flavor text says one of her nicknames is "The Prophecy Breaker!" :D

As I recall, the first time the topic came up Deke said they aren't the same person.

November 3rd, 2017, 9:00 pm
Denizen

now that can be taken as a firm yes or no.. BUT, a 'person' is a philosophical term.. It is quite possible, and in fact happens a lot more then people think, that a 'human being' (we shall take that as a term for a physical presents in space/time, no matter if they are Dwarf, Halfling, Elf etc) can be more then one 'person' (a concept that is hard to define, depending on your school of thought).

Now, the main (if we can use this term) school of thought in philosophy (and I can't remember someone that did this but I think Decarte was in this school), says If a human being were to lose his memory, and start a new life with a new memory, they could be a different person. Physically, they are the same human being. This happens a few times in history.. In fact, and again, the name escapes me, there was the one time someone was married with kids, lost there memory on a trip someplace, and set up a new life. When they were found, there were problems.. legally, they were a bigamist for one thing. I can't remember if he then got his old memories back (or any of them) but the ethical and moral question comes to which family should he be with? which either he picks, the other he is harming and doing wrong to.. anyway, That is a case in that context of a 'human being' being two 'persons'. Which would work with.. both the two ideas I gave really.. It would also mean if the 'mind/soul' went into another body, it would still be the same person as the mind/soul, not the body. It's the main view of most religions which believe the body is worthless and nothing and the soul is the person.. which is weird that some of them don't allow various body changes which don't affect the mind/soul at all..

Now, there is the Legal definition of a person, which gives rights and obligations to a being or a company. Soda Pop is a 'Person' under law. Ninja division is a 'Person'.. in fact, I think legally, they are two different 'persons', even though for a lot of reasons, they are the same.. This also works for both my theories ^_^

Then there is the THIRD type. That is the sum of a Body and a mind/soul. This.. gets complex.. If for the sake of things, I swap my mind with another body, Neither of us are whole persons. We are 'Half' persons cause a 'person' is the sum of the Mind with the Mind. If you are into old comics, this works with the 80s character 'Vemon' in Marvel Comics' Spider-man. Vemon was the name of the mixture of Eddie Brook and the 'Vemon' symbiotic lifeform. One on there own isn't Vemon. Thus his known saying "We are Vemon". Modern comics have kinda gone to hell with things like that, but it was the merged version that was Vemon. If that lifeform merged with someone else (originally, it was merged with Spider-Man) it wasn't Vemon. A lot of stuff have done things with this idea in that they have a human soul can't live for long out of it's own body or whatever. Often they have the body 'controlling' the mind/soul to do things it doesn't want to. This theory is a bit more confusing really..

I think this should make sense.. I remember people commending on Deke making a comment.. then being confused because if the Midnight Queen was a shadow like Shadow-mode Candy, she should not be listed as Human and they wondered if that was a mistake.. seams it wasn't as it stayed..

Or, since there is no way in hell the Consul is ever going to be beaten (Even with quests, the game's plot line is Consul trying to take over, Heroes must fight to stop and defeat them.. If ever he is defeated, the rift closes, no more monsters, no more game.. doesn't happen. The game seams quite sure about 'Balance'. the Heroes seam to spend a lot of time not fighting to defeat the consul but stopping him from gaining a bigger foothold to keep the balance.. Which is standard.

November 3rd, 2017, 10:03 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Imriel wrote:
prodigal_dreamer wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

As I recall, the first time the topic came up Deke said they aren't the same person.

Also, if you look at Princess Amethyst's and the Midnight Queen's attacks and abilities, aside from Daemonus, they are the same. :)

It reminds me of a story from the lore Magi Nation Duel (I don't know if anyone remembers that card game!) Where one of the Shadow Magi, Ogar, was under the influence of the "Core" (bad guys). Her personality, was feral and predatorial, but they managed to revert her to her former self, and while she had inklings her feral self, she had thought it all as a dream, kind of like a sort of alter- ego comatose state.

That's what I believe is going on with Princess Amethyst and the Midnight Queen at this junction.

November 4th, 2017, 12:50 am
Minion

Not again with the 'Amethyst is The Midnight Queen' thing. :roll:

Here is a short part of the story of The Midnight Tower:

'The Midnight Queen A cunning illusionist and powerful mage...'

There you go, she's an illusionist. She can disguise herself as Amethyst to confuse dumb heroes. Now if you excuse me I must make my report to the Dark Consul and say that The Midnight Queen has done her job really well.

November 4th, 2017, 11:34 pm
Denizen

1) then it makes less sense.. she is a smart illusionist that does a pretty bad job
2) Amethyst is also a smart illusionist ^_^

November 4th, 2017, 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132  Next