View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2018, 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

I like this new Neph!

April 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Minion

That was a really nice article, thank you for sharing!

April 5th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Mini-Boss

Just gooo with the flooow.

Anyway, am I the only one thinking of finding some other chibis to add bunny ears and tails to and homebrew as Fenneks in the meantime?
How hard can it be to sculpt rabbit ears and tails, eh?

April 7th, 2018, 4:48 pm
Minion

I'll say this: With the inclusion of the Fennek, it would be a good time for ND/SPM to reuse some of THESE designs! ^_^
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... %20zombies

April 7th, 2018, 10:50 pm
Denizen

They can't they don't have rights anymore. Thats why the KS was never relaunched.

April 8th, 2018, 2:09 am
Minion

growlley wrote:
They can't they don't have rights anymore. Thats why the KS was never relaunched.

Oh??? I didn't realize!
Who originally owned the rights to this???

April 8th, 2018, 2:22 am
Denizen

growlley wrote:

Maaan, i forgot how much i loved the aesthetic of that game, really wish they could re-visit it

April 8th, 2018, 2:48 am
Denizen

Sodapop\ND - parted company with the people behind the game after the failed KS , Sorry thats all I know.

April 8th, 2018, 2:55 am
Minion

oh wow, blast from the past. I remember that ks. it was a bit too weird for me, but I never did see the minis.

April 8th, 2018, 3:42 am
Minion

Surprise factor: Zero.

That's from back in the day when fledgling companies on Kickstarter didn't quite understand the ins and outs of copyright law. Which might explain why a couple of those images look EXACTLY like they were taken from "Jazz Jackrabbit", and one or two other images resemble a couple "Tiny Toons" characters near identically. This is the same era which resulted in CMON (a former partner with Soda Pop, on the first round of Super Dungeon Explore) learning that simply changing the name of an obvious film or tv character doesn't keep them from slamming you with a Cease and Desist order.

I'm not familiar with the franchise owners, but I can't escape how much that title looked like a "kiddie-ized" version of Zombicide. It looks like something made to appeal to the same mentality that Sega pushed in their old advertising campaigns for Sonic the Hedgehog (not bashing Sonic, but there have been tomes of marketing analysis written on the ADVERTISING methodolgy used for that franchise in the 90's).

If someone can/will genuinely bring something new to the table with regards to a zombie experience, I'd give it a try. For now though, there are four established franchises of varying popularities that seem to have this more than well covered. I'm not sure this would have done something both new and fun with the genre, and I'm glad that SPM/ND didn't end up spreading the.selves thinner with an additional project that clearly wasn't showing anywhere near the consumer interest.

But hey, as much as that may sound negative, it's genuinely not intended to. I'm GLAD that SPM/ND have shown restraint in the past. It tells me they know how to reign things back in when need be, and that's encouraging as a customer awaiting Legends.

April 8th, 2018, 7:54 am
Minion

Still a little sad though, some of these character designs would've made good Fennek if done properly:
Holly Could've Been a Warren Runner
Chubs Either a Cleric of Some sort or maybe an Alchemist
Kimora would've made a good Ronin/ ninja/ wanderer type
Lennox ad a Ranger of some sort....

Would've been neat. :3

April 8th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Mini-Boss

Mr. Bitey born to be a kind of "easter egg" of the Bunnies vs Zombies inside Super Dungeon.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... sts/812906

No other Warband have a Pet inside the box. Mr. Bitey joined to zombie warband to promote another game.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

April 8th, 2018, 1:53 pm
Minion

Are Fenneks anthropomorphic rabbits or human shape/sized with bunny ears on top? The Arena champ looks like she just has bunny ears on top -- does she have a bunny tail?

The two sketches are definitely more? anthropomorphic, imo. I feel like the Freyjan have been more of the latter - humanish with a tail and ears rather than like...cat-people.

April 8th, 2018, 3:09 pm
Denizen

They're humans with ears and tails, just like the Freyjans. Honestly, the Arena Champion looks more like she's wearing a costume, the ears pass through the headband and the tail is on her beltline, above her dress. It's not quite as bad as Nyan-Nyan, but it's close. The Warren runner might be a more rabbit-like, but I believe that is a mark across the bridge of his nose, similar to the Star Guild Sapper and Deeproot Druid.

April 8th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:

That's from back in the day when fledgling companies on Kickstarter didn't quite understand the ins and outs of copyright law. Which might explain why a couple of those images look EXACTLY like they were taken from "Jazz Jackrabbit", and one or two other images resemble a couple "Tiny Toons" characters near identically. This is the same era which resulted in CMON (a former partner with Soda Pop, on the first round of Super Dungeon Explore) learning that simply changing the name of an obvious film or tv character doesn't keep them from slamming you with a Cease and Desist order.

I'm not familiar with the franchise owners, but I can't escape how much that title looked like a "kiddie-ized" version of Zombicide. It looks like something made to appeal to the same mentality that Sega pushed in their old advertising campaigns for Sonic the Hedgehog (not bashing Sonic, but there have been tomes of marketing analysis written on the ADVERTISING methodolgy used for that franchise in the 90's).

If someone can/will genuinely bring something new to the table with regards to a zombie experience, I'd give it a try. For now though, there are four established franchises of varying popularities that seem to have this more than well covered. I'm not sure this would have done something both new and fun with the genre, and I'm glad that SPM/ND didn't end up spreading the.selves thinner with an additional project that clearly wasn't showing anywhere near the consumer interest.

But hey, as much as that may sound negative, it's genuinely not intended to. I'm GLAD that SPM/ND have shown restraint in the past. It tells me they know how to reign things back in when need be, and that's encouraging as a customer awaiting Legends.

campaign didn't fail over copyright - it failed because it was the first one where backers spotted that core elements of the game were being added as stretch goals and funding went in to reverse in outrage.

Mr bitey Probally WAS intended for zombies - some one made a mistake and put the model in the forgotten King page by mistake . When Sodpop told everyone this the backers kicked up a fuss - 'put the bunny back in the box ' and in those lighter times Sodapop complied.

Initially he was a standalone figure and got added to stilt town zombies with Claude - or maybe thats what as intended r to make life easy for retail right from the start but the inital release updates never gave any clue to that .

April 8th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Minion

growlley wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:

campaign didn't fail over copyright - it failed because it was the first one where backers spotted that core elements of the game were being added as stretch goals and funding went in to reverse in outrage.

Mr bitey Probally WAS intended for zombies - some one made a mistake and put the model in the forgotten King page by mistake . When Sodpop told everyone this the backers kicked up a fuss - 'put the bunny back in the box ' and in those lighter times Sodapop complied.

Initially he was a standalone figure and got added to stilt town zombies with Claude - or maybe thats what as intended r to make life easy for retail right from the start but the inital release updates never gave any clue to that .

I remembered the same thing happened in NAS, when they advertised cool individual Ninja Clans, and then replaced them with the Shrine Ninja for the retail base box.... wasn't the best marketing strategy and it didn't go over too well with the community...

Was this before or after NAS? I forget...

April 8th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Consul

growlley wrote:

Good - The aesthetics don't fit and the character designs don't fit.
If you have to change their looks AND reinvent them as dungeon characters, what's the point even? What's even left other than an overall bunny theme?

April 8th, 2018, 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
I remembered the same thing happened in NAS, when they advertised cool individual Ninja Clans, and then replaced them with the Shrine Ninja for the retail base box.... wasn't the best marketing strategy and it didn't go over too well with the community...

Was this before or after NAS? I forget...

The original complaint about NAS was that the KS had a choice between 4 shrines or Ika and Tora, this is why the KS box has them on it, and all other clans being add-ons. People refused to back until they switched to a pick 2 clans option.

April 8th, 2018, 5:51 pm
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:

Zombicide IS beyond "kiddy" ANYWAYS lol, seriously, it's the scourge of this current gaming landscape, it's the "Monopoly" of our time

April 9th, 2018, 2:09 am
Minion

Lizardman wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:

Zombicide IS beyond "kiddy" ANYWAYS lol, seriously, it's the scourge of this current gaming landscape, it's the "Monopoly" of our time

Wrong. the Monopoly of our time.. is still Monopoly... lol

If you're talking about games that are a go-to for non gamer types that wanna play a "board game" I think a better shout- out would be "Cards Against Humanity"

I swear, that game is PLAYED. OUT! LOL!

Besides, Monopoly Gamer is actually pretty fun. Got rid of all the things I hated about the original and streamlined it.

April 9th, 2018, 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next