View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 133  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

Goblin-King wrote:
Xris Wraith wrote:
That reads fairly negative. I was always interpreting it as the full 2 warbands plus two heroes which also have miniboss profiles. And we have these in the KS. But you are probably right and it means just the warbands including hero and miniboss. Sad.

Very sad! Because that means we can't use the Orc Tracker as a mini-boss for the freaking orcs!
He's intended as an Arena character only.

I'm sorry, but that's just dumb...

Well, sure since you control evil monsters in arena it makes sense to have some monster heroes.
But those should really have profiles for mini-bosses as well.

He' not intended as arena only. If I remember right, they've said that Orcs aren't all evil and would fit perfectly fine on a good team when discussing the Crook Eye Tracker in the past.

April 16th, 2017, 10:24 pm
Consul

Chaotic evil creatures don't belong on a hero team! That goes for Nether Elves, Undead, Dark Celestians, Kobolds and Deamons as well!
Nah... Of course SDE can write up any lore they desire. And I guess I can understand how some would find it funny to play these as heroes.
But when a kobold or undead can be a hero, but an orc can't be a mini-boss something went wrong.

Heck, we got a hero card for that drider monster. It doesn't get much more evil than Nether Elf + giant spider.
But it's the 2010's... Anybody can be whatever they want... Except the Orc Tracker... He can only be a hero...

:roll:

April 16th, 2017, 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Goblin-King wrote:
Chaotic evil creatures don't belong on a hero team! That goes for Nether Elves, Undead, Dark Celestians, Kobolds and Deamons as well!
Nah... Of course SDE can write up any lore they desire. And I guess I can understand how some would find it funny to play these as heroes.
But when a kobold or undead can be a hero, but an orc can't be a mini-boss something went wrong.

Heck, we got a hero card for that drider monster. It doesn't get much more evil than Nether Elf + giant spider.
But it's the 2010's... Anybody can be whatever they want... Except the Orc Tracker... He can only be a hero...

I don't think that race should be tied to be good or evil, unless they are being controlled by an evil being like the dark consul.
Also, having other races as Heroes makes the game more interesting, but that's just my personal opinion. :)

PD: It would be nice to have more Lore :)

April 17th, 2017, 12:08 am
Denizen

what do you mean kobolds can't be heroes - we are heroes defending our homes loved ones and shinnies from genocidal home invading mercenary thugs. Can't get more heroic than that!

April 17th, 2017, 12:25 am
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:

Also remember that they said they were not going to make a hero card for the drider for that reason, they were just amused by a petition someone did during the kickstarter and said they'd allow it that once.

April 17th, 2017, 1:54 am
Denizen

Besides, if you really want a mini-boss version of the Crook Eye Tracker, there's nothing stopping you from making one yourself.

April 17th, 2017, 11:30 am
Employee

Goblin-King wrote:

I'm looking at his mini boss stats right now.

Maybe they didn't make it to the preview? But, yup, definitely has a mini boss card, so...

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

April 17th, 2017, 1:47 pm
Mini-Boss

Ooooh... interesting information Justin. I can't wait to have an all Orc dungeon. Now we just need an Orc dungeon boss.

April 17th, 2017, 4:01 pm
Denizen

eternaldream wrote:
Ooooh... interesting information Justin. I can't wait to have an all Orc dungeon. Now we just need an Orc dungeon boss.

Well, the Ice Ravagers Warband also comes with the Rage Fiend, another Orc Miniboss, and I think one of the stretch goals was a Miniboss/Hero Orc Warlord. Just no Orc Boss.

April 17th, 2017, 5:08 pm
Consul

ND_Justin wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

Maybe they didn't make it to the preview? But, yup, definitely has a mini boss card, so...

Oh! That is extremely good news! It was never mentioned anywhere - Thanks!

April 17th, 2017, 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

Goblin-King wrote:
ND_Justin wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

Oh! That is extremely good news! It was never mentioned anywhere - Thanks!

Weird. I hope I didn't share something I wasn't supposed to. Oh well.

But it certainly exists. :)

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

April 17th, 2017, 6:10 pm
Consul

This doesn't feel like something that was supposed to be a surprise, but rather something that was forgotten to be mentioned.

Oh well indeed :)

April 17th, 2017, 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

We already have Riftling (demon) and Freyan (Dark Consuls foot soldiers in the first war) heroes, so why not Orks? Friendship is power!

April 18th, 2017, 8:03 am
Denizen

Foxwhisperer wrote:
We already have Riftling (demon) and Freyan (Dark Consuls foot soldiers in the first war) heroes, so why not Orks? Friendship is power!

Friendship is maaagic!

But srs, why not homebrew one?

April 19th, 2017, 4:38 pm
Mini-Boss

(he's not homebrewing it because it is already in production on SPM's end. Crook Eye will have a villainous side to him).

Goblin-King wrote:
This doesn't feel like something that was supposed to be a surprise, but rather something that was forgotten to be mentioned.

Oh well indeed :)

Actually, I think this might be something that they changed somewhere along the line, and didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Like the Chaos Kitten, right? The mini is clearly meant to be a hero, but they figured "Hey- why not add in a mini boss card too?" I don't think the Chaos Kitten was meant to be a big reveal, but it was a nice surprise when I got the card.

April 19th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

odinsgrandson wrote:
Actually, I think this might be something that they changed somewhere along the line, and didn't want to make a big deal of it.

Like the Chaos Kitten, right? The mini is clearly meant to be a hero, but they figured "Hey- why not add in a mini boss card too?" I don't think the Chaos Kitten was meant to be a big reveal, but it was a nice surprise when I got the card.

This seems the most likely reason to me.

April 19th, 2017, 6:04 pm
Bottle Cap

Heck yeah we need an Orc dungeon boss! With a giant flaming sword and the blessing of Gruumsh One-Eye. Named uh... Oboulg Lots-of-Arrows. With a stronghold citadel, Shady Arrow Keep.

April 20th, 2017, 5:15 am
Consul

Indeed Sharkateer.

My wish is for a mini-boss and boss to fit in with every race for making those super themed games.
That's why Testudo Tower was such good news as it finally gave the Rocktops the boss they deserve.
I'm accepting the close relationship between kobolds and dragons though, so Starfire IS the boss for the kobold race.

Right now we need a boss for the Kodamas. I would accept lumping the Fungal Growth spawnpoint in with these as they kinda share a similar theme.
I'm not sure if I would consider neither Von Drakk nor Beatrix the boss of Grabby House. It seems like it's own distinct theme.
The ninjas need a boss.
Orcs actually got 3 mini-bosses at this point! That's almost overkill - But they could use a boss.
All the new Nether Elves seem to be a complete deal. Still wouldn't mind a huge 8-legged spider-boss! :twisted:
Crown Guards also need a boss.

On the other hand, what does the new bosses tie into?

Ymnaur could lead orcs I guess.
Nightsong for Nether Kobolds?
Mordred...?
Vulcanis? Fireflows? Well he got his Herald at least...
Noctua for Chimeras or Kodama?
Destroyer...?

April 20th, 2017, 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

The nether Kobolds are tied to the destroyer
Quote:
Coruscating with the midnight energies of the Dark Realm, the kobolds of the Shadow Warrens are closely linked to the Dark Consul. Despite this, the cults of the Shadow Warrens are divided and fractious. The Cult of the First claims to be the original cult, tracing its lineage back to the Dark Consul’s first rise to power. The Cult of Shattered Night cares little for the other cults, relishing in assassination and intrigue. However, it is the Cult of the Dark that has recently drawn the most worry from the Heroes of Crystalia. Lead by the Demon Lord known only as The Destroyer, the Cult of the Dark has laid waste to every foe it has faced. It has become an endless tide of darkness consuming Crystalia bit by bit.

Mordred I believe is a former servant of the Forgotten King so should work with the chimeras, though I feel like he's more of a lone knight so any Fae woods spawns might work.
Noctua feels less like a leader and more a force of nature, kind of like Garro, and the Kodama and kinoko might work.

April 20th, 2017, 11:46 am
Ninja Corps

Goblin-King wrote:
Indeed Sharkateer.

My wish is for a mini-boss and boss to fit in with every race for making those super themed games.
That's why Testudo Tower was such good news as it finally gave the Rocktops the boss they deserve.
I'm accepting the close relationship between kobolds and dragons though, so Starfire IS the boss for the kobold race.

Right now we need a boss for the Kodamas. I would accept lumping the Fungal Growth spawnpoint in with these as they kinda share a similar theme.
I'm not sure if I would consider neither Von Drakk nor Beatrix the boss of Grabby House. It seems like it's own distinct theme.
The ninjas need a boss.
Orcs actually got 3 mini-bosses at this point! That's almost overkill - But they could use a boss.
All the new Nether Elves seem to be a complete deal. Still wouldn't mind a huge 8-legged spider-boss! :twisted:
Crown Guards also need a boss.

On the other hand, what does the new bosses tie into?

Ymnaur could lead orcs I guess.
Nightsong for Nether Kobolds?
Mordred...?
Vulcanis? Fireflows? Well he got his Herald at least...
Noctua for Chimeras or Kodama?
Destroyer...?

Yeah, a lot of potential still when it comes to bosses. I do like the idea that was tossed around (I think during 2.0 testing? I haven't been following super closely) that each boss should have its own monster chart, or another way that they could influence the dungeon aside from just a fight at the end, so each game is different depending on which boss you pick (think Arkham Horror).

For now, I think we pretty much know what bosses are in the pipeline for the next year or more. We have the six Legends bosses, Midnight Queen & Daemonus, Hoarfang, and what we can assume is the "Lich King" coming with the Frostbyte Reach box. Who knows, they might be working on a surprise or two, but hard to say - witch queen Beatrix, if I remember, was not really teased ahead of time, she just sort of... appeared

April 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 133  Next