View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 128  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

@Justing & SPM

I can't add this comment to the KS as I am a late backer. But perhaps you might want to look to something a bit more detailed if you are going to give status progress. Word Forge Games comes to my mind.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wo ... ts/1849251

If you look at most of their updates they break down components to say if the art is done, the render is done, etc.

It is a lot of info, but it is also really cool as a backer to see it all fill in over time.

April 10th, 2017, 2:24 pm
Minion

Well that last update made me feel a lot better. The 0% thing was a real nutkick - it's good to know that was not true. I hope Squiglys get minis and I still don't care about dressing up my pets, but since those are both extra elements, they're of considerably less concern.

This last update was substantive and informative. I still love to see renders and models, since that's my favorite part of SDE, but it's great to get real, concrete information about progress.

April 10th, 2017, 3:13 pm
Denizen

Rawm3at wrote:
Hello!
I want to start playtesting arcade and beta of SDE 2.0. I'm an early pledger and want to activate access to the backers forum but can't find much info about how it's done. Can anyone help me?
You have been granted beta forum access. You should now see the Playtest forum near the bottom of the forum board whenever you log into your forum account.

April 10th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Mini-Boss

InfinityMax wrote:
Well that last update made me feel a lot better. The 0% thing was a real nutkick - it's good to know that was not true. I hope Squiglys get minis and I still don't care about dressing up my pets, but since those are both extra elements, they're of considerably less concern.

This last update was substantive and informative. I still love to see renders and models, since that's my favorite part of SDE, but it's great to get real, concrete information about progress.

Yeah.

I didn't really believe the 0% number- mostly because it is due for playtesting this month, and we know they had some of it done before the kickstarter (world book, etc). Still, seeing it there was a complete "WTF" moment for me (along with the "wave 3" bit).

From the new update, it sounds like they might be considering splitting wave 2.

April 12th, 2017, 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

ND_Justin wrote:
Abbadhon wrote:
What exactly are Squigglies ? I can't really picture myself what they would look like.

This is what I will likely send the artist as a reference: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 6226b5.png

Cute Cthulhu squid things. Maybe they can fit in Clockwork Cove? We'll see.

Ahah thanks ! :p

April 13th, 2017, 5:27 am
Bottle Cap

I really appreciated the attempt at a timeline, even though it had to be walked back a bit in different areas. It was a good move toward transparency, and I have faith that SPM is going to fill in the parts that were walked back on when it's possible. It's also the first time I've seen my own feedback impact something from a company in such a direct way. That's...actually really awesome. Thank you.

At the same time, these two updates raised a few questions for me. Maybe I just missed them along the way, so perhaps someone has the answers already?

1) If all the segments of this project are independent and being worked on as hard or harder than expected, why are we in pre-production on miniatures? The last update says, "We need to approve final miniatures from test molds, and the digital and physical proofs on all submitted designs." As far as I can tell, the only thing that's changed recently about the physical minis was the Starfire/King Starfire resculpt and add-on. Shouldn't these have been done and completed by the original shipping date?

2) If all projects are independent from other projects, why are portions of this project waiting on the completion of Relic Knights and Way Of The Fighter? I'm not aware of any RK or WotF content we're getting with this KS, and supposedly we're not losing labor to other KSes. Is 2.0 supposed to be compatible with RK/WotF in some way? I really can't figure out why we'd be delayed by those projects.

April 14th, 2017, 11:28 am
Mini-Boss

Just speculation, but I'd guess storage costs money, hence no plastic yet. And since spm booked capacity at a factory, they probably use it for other projects until SDL is done.
No proof, no facts, just guessing

April 14th, 2017, 3:41 pm
Consul

What a nice progress graph. Good job this time :)

April 14th, 2017, 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

We're looking for feedback on the new continuing update graphic we rolled out this week.

If you guys have any feedback on the new update graphic, please post it on this thread

April 14th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Bottle Cap

I really love the sward.. too impressive.

April 15th, 2017, 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

What are the "two heroes/mini bosses" referred to in wave 1, vs the "Solo Heroes and Mini-bosses" referred to in wave 2?

April 15th, 2017, 11:58 pm
Bottle Cap

Most likely the lightning mage and tracker, and Royal Knight and Orclord associated with Frostbite and Crown Guard sets

April 16th, 2017, 1:47 am
Denizen

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, but figured "Frostbyte Ravagers, Crownguard" should already include them so it's kind of weird that they'd call out the heroes & mini-bosses separately if it was just that.

April 16th, 2017, 5:55 am
Bottle Cap

Tranc wrote:
What are the "two heroes/mini bosses" referred to in wave 1, vs the "Solo Heroes and Mini-bosses" referred to in wave 2?

It's probably the Orc Warlord and the Duskweaver since those are the only hero/Mini-bosses, the solo heroes and Mini-bosses might be all the remaining minis from the stretch goals that are either hero or mini-boss.

April 16th, 2017, 6:41 am
Denizen

If you read the campaign it clearly stAtes this answer

Associated heroes with these groups are lightning mage and the orc with the cross bow

Mini bosses are rage fiend and royal knight.

It actually says it

April 16th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Denizen

My question is where will amethyst be included or did I miss it

April 16th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Denizen

I think Amethyst is part of Wave 2.

April 16th, 2017, 4:12 pm
Mini-Boss

That reads fairly negative. I was always interpreting it as the full 2 warbands plus two heroes which also have miniboss profiles. And we have these in the KS. But you are probably right and it means just the warbands including hero and miniboss. Sad.
Since Amethyst is not sde classic nor warbands, she's in wave 2

April 16th, 2017, 4:22 pm
Consul

Xris Wraith wrote:
That reads fairly negative. I was always interpreting it as the full 2 warbands plus two heroes which also have miniboss profiles. And we have these in the KS. But you are probably right and it means just the warbands including hero and miniboss. Sad.

Very sad! Because that means we can't use the Orc Tracker as a mini-boss for the freaking orcs!
He's intended as an Arena character only.

I'm sorry, but that's just dumb...

Well, sure since you control evil monsters in arena it makes sense to have some monster heroes.
But those should really have profiles for mini-bosses as well.

April 16th, 2017, 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

I think the tracker was mostly designed to balance the "good" monsters on the hero side.

April 16th, 2017, 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 128  Next