View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Consul

Aella13 wrote:
Aw man... I really hope that we get the new Cat Burglar sculpt, I got so excited...

Why would they have that preview (and it's in the Arcade book too) if we aren't getting it? Just getting my hopes up for nothing...

*Fingers and toes crossed*

I think it's a safe bet we are getting the new sculpt.
People generally weren't satisfied with how the art and model didn't match.
Here we suddenly have a new model. They didn't make it just for !SODA! and giggles.

October 7th, 2017, 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I hope so too.. Justin said Tuesday he should have an answer (he hopes).

the preview isn't really something that can be confirmed as yes or no. as you can see from the arcade book, the art isn't all final and complete. If late on they decided to go BACK to the original, then they did. If not, then they didn't. It's kinda a just hold out ^_^

But while it does seam fairly sure, nothing is a 100% dead on thing

October 7th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
I think it's a safe bet we are getting the new sculpt.
People generally weren't satisfied with how the art and model didn't match.
Here we suddenly have a new model. They didn't make it just for !SODA! and giggles.

Thanks for making me feel better Goblin-King, I really hope you are right!

Facebook
Twitter

October 7th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Bottle Cap

I'm also betting on the new model, otherwise it wouldn't be on the rulebook or in the model compendium, that's what I want to think at least tho.
I hope that the other model gets released at some point :(, btw (on the old model), isn't the thing under her chin the bell? quite small but I think it is.

October 7th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Minion

its very very small. Freyjan are like Ac\Dc.. they got big balls. that is way too small

October 7th, 2017, 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
"Why can't you be more like that Lizardman?"
should be
"Why can't you be more like that, Lizardman?"
else you are asking why can't people be more like him ^_^

anyway. Not a breast guy myself but it looks fine to me, more like the art. also I didn't like that the early render sculpt seamed to be missing her bell. Freyjan's have large bells.

Didn't Justin say he wasn't 100% sure which sculpt was final? and the test mold photo shows.. the running pose (second sprue seams to show Tincan (body and head), Cat Burglar (Body, Legs, Head), Riftling Warrior (Head, Body sword).

For the record, you always say "seamed" when it's "seemed" if we're talking about propper grammar....

October 8th, 2017, 6:12 am
Minion

In any case, I'd prefer the original sculpt, tbh. Better proportions, better, more dynamic pose, and I can just mod the cosmetic elements like the hair, etc.

The new sculpt: the legs are too small in comparison to the rest of her ?(my biggest complaint) which is really what makes her breasts so big, her dwarfed legs and hips. The original sculpt actually has athletic legs. The ears are really small in comparison to her head, and her daggers are MASSIVE. They might as well be shortswords (the original sculpt has big daggers too, but they still look like daggers)

October 8th, 2017, 6:18 am
Consul

insider714 wrote:

For the record, you always say "seamed" when it's "seemed" if we're talking about propper grammar....

Actually... That would be a spelling error, not a grammatical error. ;)

And whatever errors I may have in my sentences, I call truce. Let's end it here and carry on.

October 8th, 2017, 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Employee

Morning all,

I have an update on the cat burglar but still no final answer. The old cat burglar sculpt was the one molded. However, like many of you, we prefer the new one as well (that's why we had it done!) so we are evaluating costs and logistics to have the mold redone, or to have the new cat burglar added to another set of molds. I do not have a final answer, unfortunately. As soon as I do, you will have it as well. And no, even if we have to make a second mold for the new cat burglar you will not get both. And either way the cat burglar will come with Arcade (just heading off some questions).

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

October 10th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Minion

fair enough. Yep, prefer the new one steel molds aren't cheap.. that's why a lot of companies reuse molds (like making palette swap characters (notable in early Transformers, in He-man etc). As i'v said before, only once have I seen SPM use palette swaps, which were a staple of Japanese Dungeon Crawlers and RPGS.. and that was with Mornmist Coast. And while I like the art of the new alt profile Netherelves, they aren't alt profiles. Until the ones for the Kobolts, you need to either remake the figures ALOT (like spiders into crabs) or just make new figures to really get a decent set for them.. where Alt profiles really should be palette swaps..

Anyway.. If would be a bit annoying with the old sculpt for me as the new one is better, but it's not the end of the world

October 10th, 2017, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Newer Cat Burglar is better, but cost wise it would probably be the best to keep the existing mold and change art (suitable art seems already to be found from page 3 of the Arcade rulebook). Then have a Cat Burglar having a twin sister using the new mold at a later point in time. But if at minimal cost impact, change is possible, go for it.

October 10th, 2017, 7:06 pm
Bottle Cap

The old model could come later on, a warband with some Desert Elfs maybe?

October 10th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Denizen

TWO possible cat burglars??

TAKE MY MONIES!!!

October 11th, 2017, 1:48 am
Denizen

Dessert Elfs ;-P I think id like them as a war band.

October 11th, 2017, 9:52 am
Minion

personally, stick the Arcadia netherelves (is Elfs even a term? when did that one start?) as a warband.. like I said, as Alt-profiles, look good but TOO removed from the figures.

October 11th, 2017, 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Consul

ManicMan wrote:
personally, stick the Arcadia netherelves (is Elfs even a term? when did that one start?) as a warband.. like I said, as Alt-profiles, look good but TOO removed from the figures.

I seem to faintly remember talk about actual models for the alt profiles? Am I imagining things?

October 11th, 2017, 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I remember people asking about that.. which defeats the object of them being alt profiles.. like I said before, the Alt Kobolds are perfect. Nether and Ice themes which you can paint up the figures to be. Again, the same with Mournmist. The Wolf and Sorrow were reuses of the molds for Ember hounds and Fire Gels. Thus a good palette swap (of course, the same wasn't done with the Burning Gel and Blaze Beetle). The Alt profile Kobolds and Egg clutchs are also good more but complete palette swaps where you can use spare sets (Shadow Warren, Nether Drakes, Frozen Warren, Frostbyte Drakes).

There are also meant to be alt profiles for the Forgotten King sets (Dragonback Kodama, Dragonback Bramble Knights, Glauerdoom Moor Kodama, Glauerdoom Moor Bramble Knights). But the images for the Elves are meant to be the palette swap ones (Arcadian Knight of the Tower, Arcadian Nether Elves, Arcadian Spiders, Drowning Isles Knight of the Tower, Drowning Isles Nether Elves, Drowning Isles Spiders (Crabs)).. The best I think we got on if they will ever make figures to go with them alt profiles (which defeats the object) is "Maybe" or "Anything is possible".

October 11th, 2017, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
The best I think we got on if they will ever make figures to go with them alt profiles (which defeats the object) is "Maybe" or "Anything is possible".

Last time we heard this was the plan ("It was really cool to start concepting up the extra Dark Elves btw - I look forward to making minis for them after this ships." taken from the KS comments of the #84 update of Apr 15 2017).

October 11th, 2017, 2:05 pm
Minion

I wonder who on the SP account posted that though... but okay, I missed that bit.. though it still makes them as the Alt profiles stupid as they are more a preview of future warband sets

October 11th, 2017, 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

obvious answer is the bear ot the cat get differrent stats regardless of the gender of the druid.

October 11th, 2017, 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next