View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Consul

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old Cat Burglar sculpt. No really, I think it's perhaps even one of the cooler looking models...
But the artwork just has a better and more original design and "flavor" than the old sculpt.
Old sculpt was very "I'm a stealthy rogue. I wear a cloak for disguise and practical pants for running and jumping on rooftops".
Artwork has a more femme fatale vibe. She's not just a knife thrower. She also possess social rogue skills like flirting/seducing for information etc.
No other model really encompasses this specific kind of rogue.

Azriel wrote:
Tbh I don't really mind SPM using KS to release Super Dungeon stuff, because normally I have pretty hard time getting it for a reasonable price here in Poland (once I wanted to get Beatrix, but it would have costed me ~60 USD, so I passed).

Sure, as a fellow European I know this feeling.
But SPM/ND failing to distribute SDE to the rest of the World really doesn't have anything to do with using KS as a pre order service or not.
It's like saying I'm okay eating moldy bread because other wise I'll starve.

Of course being pragmatic it's better to have the models cheaply available than expensive and barely available ;)
But the solution should really have been that they got their SODA sorted out and got their products out to the rest of the World.

October 5th, 2017, 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

wondering if the reason why the druids were removed (aside from box space) is that they're going to be able to transform into either mad cat OR Angry Bear and each form will do something different....

October 6th, 2017, 12:29 am
Ninja Corps

I'd imagine to keep costs down, removing the single hero that was represented by a normal and large mini was the best choice to take out.

I also don't think there will be shapeshifting "options". This doesn't seem like a point when alternative minis would instead become new minis requiring another hero to actually use "right".

I just think the druid will either pop up as a solo hero blister or in a level box or something. Possibly in pet parade? or as a single hero in legends (similar to the arena champion)?

October 6th, 2017, 12:49 am
Minion

Justin said on the KS that the druid was getting his own blister pack, like the hero singles.

October 6th, 2017, 2:28 am
Minion

I don't think shapeshifts are gonna be multiple choice. While they decided on an animal change, Deeproot Druid Male becomes Angry Bear, and Female becomes Mad Cat.

From one point of view, removing the Druid from the Core Set means Lower production cost and it puts shapeshift as a more advance rule for people to upgrade to. The Druid, from information stated, would be release to retail as a Blister pack (since they seam to have move away from small box packs) which has normal and shapeshift with it. Female probably the same as the normal alt.genders are Legends released.

There hasn't been many Double or large packs in the past but some. Deeproot Wolfrider was a large pack for the one figure, Brave Mode Candy was a double pack (Brave Mode Candy with Never Lost Cola). there were some earlier metal doubles of course.

Pet Parade from reports will be 12 Pets. While most of the information has been released, I have been putting together a little figure count from information stated.. I won't share the full thing just yet (don't think its needed) but:
Explore Core Set: 6 Heroes, 1 Mini-boss, 1 Boss, 2 Spawn sets (13 Figure paired Spawn, 7 figure Single Spawn)
Arcade Core Set: 6 Heroes, 1 Mini-boss, 2 Boss (paired), 2 Spawn sets (14 Figure paired Spawn, 8 figure Single Spawn)
Legend Core Set: 6 Heroes
Pet Parade Add-on: 12 Pets

are the main 'sets'. there are, of course, a couple of warbands, bonus spawns etc.

October 6th, 2017, 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

@ManicMan All the spawning points from Arcade Box are Single Spawn.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

October 6th, 2017, 12:06 pm
Minion

AH right, miss counted then.. Arcade set has 3 spawn sets (2x7 Figure Single Spawn,8 Figure Single spawn)

a slight change from the norm but doesn't both me at all ^_^

October 6th, 2017, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

insider714 wrote:
[...]I think overall I prefer the old model; the new design is a bit... unflatteringly "top heavy" [...]

I imagine I'm in the minority on this, but I don't like a good 95% of chibi models with big boobs. Unless it's a primary feature of the character somehow ("she's designed to look like a ren fest goer with a corset ratcheted up to her neck, haha") it usually just looks to me like someone tacked a couple of BB's onto the chest of an otherwise interesting mini. Again, probably just me.

October 6th, 2017, 2:26 pm
Minion

Tarlach wrote:
insider714 wrote:
[...]I think overall I prefer the old model; the new design is a bit... unflatteringly "top heavy" [...]

I imagine I'm in the minority on this, but I don't like a good 95% of chibi models with big boobs. Unless it's a primary feature of the character somehow ("she's designed to look like a ren fest goer with a corset ratcheted up to her neck, haha") it usually just looks to me like someone tacked a couple of BB's onto the chest of an otherwise interesting mini. Again, probably just me.

I don't mind breasts if they're tastefully done, but on the cat Burglar they make her look... Disproportionate. Like, for a cat, her legs seem so much tinier (even for a chibi) but her breasts look like they could catch a football.

October 6th, 2017, 2:53 pm
Minion

As for the Druid, I was merely speculating, but from a retail perspective, putting the male Druid by himself as a blister doesn't seem like the wisest idea. Writing on the walls is that board game "revolution" is dying off (at least for the main stream) and the Druid doesn't offer much in the way of difference to warrant purchasing it, since most people are quite content using the FK version (I know I would be).

Making a double hero "choose your shapeshift" pair would probably be wiser since it forces people to buy both figures (most people will want the alternate female druid and mad cat, but not necessarily the male bear druid).

BUT only time will tell.

October 6th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Consul

I'll go on record and say I like my miniatures to have big boobs.
Also, something I have noticed... The boobs somehow seem to turn out a bit smaller on the actual models compared to the 3D renders. I can't explain why.

October 6th, 2017, 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I'm not against eye candy, definitely. Some of the Relic Knights minis are...uh...interesting. But something about chibis in particular - if you make 'em big, it's really obvious they're big.

October 6th, 2017, 5:45 pm
Minion

you have almost discovered the difference between chibi and sd..

October 6th, 2017, 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
I'll go on record and say I like my miniatures to have big boobs.
Also, something I have noticed... The boobs somehow seem to turn out a bit smaller on the actual models compared to the 3D renders. I can't explain why.

This is true to a certain degree, but with the Cat Burglar particularly I'm worried that the cloak is too thick and accentuates her... features...

October 6th, 2017, 6:53 pm
Denizen

oh here we go again, the chibi "breast" debate.

it's an easy fix, you don't like it, don't buy it or don't play with it.

October 7th, 2017, 12:00 am
Minion

Lizardman wrote:
oh here we go again, the chibi "breast" debate.

it's an easy fix, you don't like it, don't buy it or don't play with it.

Oop, here we go again, some *sshat deciding to stick his nose into a convo that does't need to concern him because it has nothing to do with him.

I'm talking about proportion aesthetics. I don't care about boobs, but if you wanna go down this rabbit hole, we can go.. I'm ready. It was all calm until you tried to start that shate...

October 7th, 2017, 2:09 am
Mini-Boss

I like the new sculpt personally. It imitates her artwork a lot better. Captures more of her personality. I approve.

October 7th, 2017, 3:23 am
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
I like the new sculpt personally. It imitates her artwork a lot better. Captures more of her personality. I approve.

See, and that is a perfectly reasonable response. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't say anyone was wrong, didn't say anything to be a jerk. Just stated their opinion and that was that. We can agree to disagree and everyone is happy.

Why can't you be more like that Lizardman? Why did you have to poke the bear?

October 7th, 2017, 4:49 am
Minion

"Why can't you be more like that Lizardman?"
should be
"Why can't you be more like that, Lizardman?"
else you are asking why can't people be more like him ^_^

anyway. Not a breast guy myself but it looks fine to me, more like the art. also I didn't like that the early render sculpt seamed to be missing her bell. Freyjan's have large bells.

Didn't Justin say he wasn't 100% sure which sculpt was final? and the test mold photo shows.. the running pose (second sprue seams to show Tincan (body and head), Cat Burglar (Body, Legs, Head), Riftling Warrior (Head, Body sword).

October 7th, 2017, 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Aw man... I really hope that we get the new Cat Burglar sculpt, I got so excited...

Why would they have that preview (and it's in the Arcade book too) if we aren't getting it? Just getting my hopes up for nothing...

*Fingers and toes crossed*

Facebook
Twitter

October 7th, 2017, 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129  Next