View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 26th, 2018, 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 2830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

Third party does have its pitfalls.. everything days sadly..

while ignoring some questions/comments does seam iffy for production statues, I'm reminded of the sculpt for the Cat Burlger.. There were two versions digially made. After they released the 'wrong' one to the public, there was talk to see which one was in fact going to be made, and it was too late to change for the steel moulds. I think that is interesting.

for getting some engery back to paint, I look at stuff this way: I've TONS of games which either never had expansions or have long since died. Yet I still enjoy them. If SD stopped this year, no new stuff, how is that going to stop enjoyment of what is out there?

most of the rest of your comments, i agree with. and yeah, thanks ^_^ Good conversation is always better then a slinging match

================

January 23rd, 2018, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Early on, I think that sort of thing can be an issue, absolutely. At this stage I'm less concerned with it -when you're showing off a digital version of something, people tend to assume, sometimes incorrectly, that digital =/= set in stone (or steel mold in this case). When you're showing pics or videos of a physical mold producing plastic, the majority of consumers are going to look at that and accept that whatever mold they see there is pretty clearly locked in. Even if a handful of users don't like a particular unit in the photo, they tend to throw much less of a fuss when they aren't assuming it's still in a stage that can be changed. The small group of outlying customers who would coming at that point are frankly the same people who will end up complaining when they're physically holding their miniatures anyway, so it's not like you're really opening the door to anything additional. In fact, you might be doing yourself a favor as the producer, by fielding some of the less reasonable complaints prior to mass delivery, haha.

Before this next paragraph, I'm just going to put a major disclaimer here and say that the 'concern' I'm about to mention is not grounded in any specific statement SPM or ND have made about Super Dungeon Legends or the Kickstarter project for it. I am *NOT* making any claims or predictions about unannounced changes, not am I assuming I have any kind of insider information to back up such a claim... Sorry, I just want to be abundantly clear, rather than invoking either a banhammer or people accusing me of spreading lies about the company, that's not my intent.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I think that other thing about the lack of plastic production we've seen is that it does leave me wondering if there haven't been some more significant concessions or issues that have come up along the way. I don't like feeling so cynical about a company and their product like this... But admittedly, they've given us some historical reasons to worry about the things they aren't showing or talking about in the past. There's some small part of me that wouldn't be shocked if some of the enemy variety is reduced in order to use fewer unique molds. Again, not accusing, nor am I even HINTING that they've specifically given any reason to believe that's happened, just one of those things that crops up into mind when you go this long without new info. I think the biggest cause of concern for me actually has to be the RRI Sleeves fiasco -wherein SPM (genuinely meaning well) promised backers a full set of art sleeves that they later decided weren't viable to produce for a reasonable cost. I understand why SPM made that subsequent decision -it was a tough call, but I know that business demands that sort of decision sometimes. I don't actually hold any negative sentiment over that choice... Where the concern stems from is that the original promise to backers occurred, at a time when SPM thought they knew the cost of that promise. Again, this is just one of those small nagging things that's probably more due to lack of visual updates than anything else, but it does come to mind. SDL has, well, a LOT of plastic minis in the retail products that have come about with it, and especially with the Kickstarter extras. The thing that I find myself wondering is whether we might learn much later that perhaps certain things wind up being tokens instead of miniatures, because the cost of that much plastic is just too high.

Back to the painting topic, I normally prefer to paint minis from games that are either long "dead" on the market, games that I'm confident won't be getting additional content (new expansions or the like), and in some cases -games that didn't originally come with miniatures of their own. With Mice & Mystics, it seems pretty clear that the boxed expansion and the smaller expansion are all the content it's going to see, Plaid Hat Games has clearly moved on, so I feel pretty confident that unless they do an entirely new edition of the game, I can account for the total max time commitment right up front. I haven't gotten around to painting them yet, but a few months back I hand picked a set of Reaper Bones to serve as miniatures for the current edition of "Dungeon!" which only comes with cardboard standees for your characters... I figured that game, while admittedly quite dated at this point, still deserves 'real' characters moving around the board. Also grabbed a few to use with Descent, in place of companion tokens that came with certain characters. I think for me, it's been difficult to stay motivated and excited about the SDE miniatures I started painting because of the rollercoaster ride we've been on here. Admittedly, the lat year hasn't left a great taste with a lot of us here. I'm not going to beat a dead horse listing off the reasons, but the experience as a backer has been less than stellar. SDE has so MANY miniatures that it takes a lot of dedication to really plow through something of that scope, and when you're feeling discouraged about the rest of the product you've paid and are waiting for, it kind of saps the excitement over current inventory. Thag may not apply to everyone, but I doubt I'm totally alone in that feeling. I can tell you that I specifically purchased additional content for the game system solely out of excitement for it's future use with the Legends system, a fair amount of it. Hearing that Legends, the thing the Kickstarter project was NAMED after and the original project focus is likely the last thing that will arrive has been a real let down. I mean hell, I've got the last two core boxes and tons of add-on content already. I just grabbed the 2.0 box so that I wouldn't miss out on extras and to give myself some alt models. But that's just icing on the cake for the real product... And it FEELS like the real product that I signed on for just keeps moving further back. I realize that my decision to purchase more content BEFORE Legends came out was my own doing. But I also new that some of that content, most of what I bought actually, wouldn't be available by the original projected release date. And to that extent, I was right. So in the long run, I will probably be glad I did it, it's just a bit of a sting right now.

January 23rd, 2018, 2:07 pm
Denizen

fair enough ^_^

================

January 23rd, 2018, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Talking about buy extras of Super Dungeon, I received yesterday my Holiday Chibi Mystery Box without custom taxes :D . As described, a huge amount of miniatures for the price. Because of brazilian Post Office's bad management, the box arrived smashed and some miniatures was broken or bent, but the most of it didn't suffered any damage.

I already have almost all of products related to Super Dungeon, but the reason of the purchase of more of the same is just to paint it without the fear of bad results while I still learning and reach confidence with my skills to paint. I got some models repeated excessively, like Wandering Minstrel and Slimes. Lots of spare miniatures, predominantly greens and purples with some greys and almost nothing of reds. The glad surprise was the possibility to build extra spawning point sets:
1x Bramble Knight - now I can make a 3 tile game only with chimeras
1x Fungal Growth - same as above with kinoko
1x Tribal Stone
1x Salt Crystal
1x Shallow Grave (missing one Shallow Grave model to be complete)

Mini-bosses:
1x Salt - an almost complete Mistmourn Coast warband missing only the Mistmourn Shaman hero
1x Death Spectre
1x Gruesome George

Shapeshifts:
1x Nocturne
1x Roxor, the old model, excellent to use with the new model.
1x King Sprout
1x Angry Bear
1x Von Wilder

Misc:
2x Treasure Chest (yay!)
1x Boo Booty (yay!)
1x Samurai Sentry from NAS
1x Admiral Fuzzybottom
1x The Colonel

Heroes:
7x Wandering Ministrel (LOL)
1x Brave-mode Candy
2x Sister of Light
1x Questing Knight
1x Princess Emerald
1x Kunoichi Candy (bent leg, she don't stand in her feet due imbalance)

...and much more of spares. Listed just some from the mount that I already put apart. For who want more miniatures to paint and/or customise, I recommend the purchase of Holiday Chibi Mystery Box. The downside resides on the fact you have no idea what you get, but this is the deal of mystery. The big positive point is the huge amount of miniatures you get.

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

Last edited by Nephastus on January 24th, 2018, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2018, 6:43 pm
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
Talking about buy extras of Super Dungeon, I received yesterday my Holiday Chibi Mystery Box. As described, a huge amount of miniatures for the price. Because of brazilian Post Office's bad management, the box arrived smashed and some miniatures was broken or bent, but the most of it didn't suffered any damage.

I already have almost all of products related to Super Dungeon, but the reason of the purchase of more of the same is just to paint it without the fear of bad results while I still learning and reach confidence with my skills to paint. I got some models repeated excessively, like Wandering Minstrel and Slimes. Lots of spare miniatures, predominantly greens and purples with some greys and almost nothing of reds. The glad surprise was the possibility to build extra spawning point sets:
1x Bramble Knight - now I can make a 3 tile game only with chimeras
1x Fungal Growth - same as above with kinoko
1x Tribal Stone
1x Salt Crystal
1x Shallow Grave (missing one Shallow Grave model to be complete)

Mini-bosses:
1x Salt - an almost complete Mistmourn Coast warband missing only the Mistmourn Shaman hero
1x Death Spectre
1x Gruesome George

Shapeshifts:
1x Nocturne
1x Roxor, the old model, excellent to use with the new model.
1x King Sprout
1x Angry Bear
1x Von Wilder

Misc:
2x Treasure Chest (yay!)
1x Boo Booty (yay!)
1x Samurai Sentry from NAS
1x Admiral Fuzzybottom
1x The Colonel

Heroes:
7x Wandering Ministrel (LOL)
1x Brave-mode Candy
2x Sister of Light
1x Questing Knight
1x Princess Emerald
1x Kunoichi Candy (bent leg, she don't stand in her feet due imbalance)

...and much more of spares. Listed just some from the mount that I already put apart. For who want more miniatures to paint and/or customise, I recommend the purchase of Holiday Chibi Mystery Box. The downside resides on the fact you have no idea what you get, but this is the deal of mistery.

Doesn't appear to be available anymore. Guessing a seasonal psuedo-clearance item, based on the name of it. Probably for the best, I already have so many unpainted minis that it's not even funny. I actually pulled out the SDE miniatures that have been sitting unfinished last night, got a lot more detail work done, and I think I can get them all finished up in one or two more sittings. So... That's something. Part of me wants to delve into a boss or one of the warbands next, the other part of me never wants to start painting another one of these again hahaha. Think whatever it is next, it's going to likely be something I can either do with minimal detail work or a REALLY small number of miniatures total. I keep thinking of Z'cide, but then I stop myself, realizing that might be one of the most masochistic things I could undertake hahaha.

January 24th, 2018, 6:57 pm
Minion

I didn't even know that mystery box was ever available! I absolutely would have picked one up! Man, I am sorry I missed that.

January 24th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Minion

Fingers crossed for an update today -would like to see those Forgotten King alts we're still waiting on, I'm super curious about those.

Obviously I'd *REALLY* like to see mass production and timeline news, but I'm really trying to balance the positive and the negative, and the weeks of silence in so many ways leads me to believe that they're trying to avoid the delivery of bad news about the timeline. Right about this time last year they got super quiet before announcing a delay, so... It's not an unfounded concern. I'd love to be proven wrong though! ^_^

January 31st, 2018, 8:48 pm
Mini-Boss

I also want to see the alternate Forgotten King monsters. It might convince me to buy another box set to paint up the monsters differently.

January 31st, 2018, 8:59 pm
Denizen

I'm pretty much on the, i would really like to see the Test shots.. (Samples)... official-ish note from them is despite the people claiming it's 100% impossible and everyone knows it so anyone else is a liar, they are STILL trying to aim for April. Samples would make me happy ^_^

EDIT: Sorry.. we have seen SOME samples... just very little.. so.. erm.. More samples and of wave 1 ^_^

================

January 31st, 2018, 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

And they deliver! I am super excited to see these new monsters! I actually want to buy another set of Forgotten King so I can convert and paint up these new variants. Might give me something to do while I wait on wave 1. Anyone have any spare FK monsters they want to sell me? :D

January 31st, 2018, 11:22 pm
Denizen

still would prefer them early samples ^_^ but still nice stuff.. and since they are for content ALREADY released, people can use them well enough.

Much better then the Netherelf alts because almost all of them CAN be done.. through the Grobit Barbarian (It's a Jackalope!) isn't really that possible.. needs customising.. but on the whole, all the others can be done without any issue.

================

January 31st, 2018, 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

On the one hand, it was nice to see what they've generated there...

...on the other hand, I hope they don't string us along with more updates that are just 4 or 5 cards and flavor text.

With all of Wave I (apparently) ready for mass production, I don't think there's much left for SPM to say except for when the plastic will start rolling off manufacturing lines into shiny new boxes for us. We are overdue, and these minimalist 'flavor posts' every two weeks are not actually updates.

I know that the folks at SPM are passionate, I know they want to deliver us a great product just as soon as they can, and they know that we just want to know when that will be.

#StopIgnoringTheElephant

February 1st, 2018, 12:32 am
Bottle Cap

I love the Bramble Knight enemies. They're one of my favorite groups.

But I just want my stuff already. :(

February 1st, 2018, 1:21 am
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
Much better then the Netherelf alts because almost all of them CAN be done.. through the Grobit Barbarian (It's a Jackalope!) isn't really that possible.. needs customising.. but on the whole, all the others can be done without any issue.

Oh just you wait.... Once I get another set of Forgotten King, I am going to town with him.

I do also like that all of them seem realistic to modify. The elf spider-crabs... err.... While I would like models for them, I doubt we are getting them anytime soon. All of my extra Ninja All Stars stuff could be used for the Arcadian Elves, with their hoods and robes. As much as I love the Pirate Elves... where am I supposed to get chibi crabs and a freakin' sea horse?

February 1st, 2018, 2:45 am
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
I do also like that all of them seem realistic to modify. The elf spider-crabs... err.... While I would like models for them, I doubt we are getting them anytime soon. All of my extra Ninja All Stars stuff could be used for the Arcadian Elves, with their hoods and robes. As much as I love the Pirate Elves... where am I supposed to get chibi crabs and a freakin' sea horse?

YES. THIS. I'm not super likely to buy multiple Arcade boxes just because they're so different. I'm looking at the barbarian bunny and the bird-riding frog thingies and thinking I can probably pull that off, but the Nether Elf sculpts don't like like their alternates at all.

February 1st, 2018, 4:42 pm
Mini-Boss

Pasted my comment on KS page:

Quote:
Ok... Since most of names of itens, wonders and loot from Legends decks are recycled from Explore/Arcade decks, I think the artists don't have so much work in the queue of drawings. Next update could be the complete layout of Legends rulebooks, decks, dasboards, token sheets and some digital campaign/adventures... this KS campaign rewards turned in PnP bundles anyway... Justin already done his job of rulebook tweaks, the story telling remained to Deke and chinese factories supposedly the task of print everything into game boxes with tangible content. When the company put available the PDF previews of Legends like this last update, I must agree about they inputed "early" access of digital content related to Legends.

#hint

For a while I going to try keep myself busy smearing with paints the miniatures from Holiday Chibi Mystery Box.

February 1st, 2018, 7:25 pm
Minion

Nephastus wrote:
Pasted my comment on KS page:

Quote:
Ok... Since most of names of itens, wonders and loot from Legends decks are recycled from Explore/Arcade decks, I think the artists don't have so much work in the queue of drawings. Next update could be the complete layout of Legends rulebooks, decks, dasboards, token sheets and some digital campaign/adventures... this KS campaign rewards turned in PnP bundles anyway... Justin already done his job of rulebook tweaks, the story telling remained to Deke and chinese factories supposedly the task of print everything into game boxes with tangible content. When the company put available the PDF previews of Legends like this last update, I must agree about they inputed "early" access of digital content related to Legends.

#hint

For a while I going to try keep myself busy smearing with paints the miniatures from Holiday Chibi Mystery Box.

I've just about wrapped up the last few minis from the original core box now, debating whether to dig into one of the warbands or maybe just do a miniboss or two at a time for a bit. I might dig into miniatures from another game while I'm at it. Something.. lomited, that doesn't have 100+ different miniatures I'll feel somewhat obligated to do with it. I'm certainly not digging in to Forgotten King just yet, that's a bigger potential headache than the original, since the components are pre-glued (meaning I'd have to freeze/separate them before I could start painting).

February 2nd, 2018, 12:19 am
Mini-Boss

John Starck Cadice wrote:
I'm here guys, We have been working through our log jam of projects. Needed to move the projects out that we could, as the SDE product got way out of hand in terms of size and complexity. Good news is, and i don't want to speak over my marketing guys, but we are moving very soon now that Rail Raiders and Way of the Fighter are fully delivered. You guys have been so patient, and we want the best SDE for you. We are ramping up a ton of never before seen minis, monsters and heroes to herald the coming of the 1st wave. Rumors of our demise had been horrible to watch in some of the more bitter posts, we are a small team, carefully chewing before swallowing right now to do this right. We want this edition of SDE to be the core you play and bring people to for the next 5+ years

https://www.facebook.com/john.cadice?fr ... cation=ufi

But seems it going to take 5+ years of us just waiting for it...

February 6th, 2018, 4:46 pm
Mini-Boss

I'm not good at Facebook. I can't find that post. Was that on his page recently?

February 6th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Bottle Cap

Nephastus wrote:
John Starck Cadice wrote:
I'm here guys, We have been working through our log jam of projects. Needed to move the projects out that we could, as the SDE product got way out of hand in terms of size and complexity. Good news is, and i don't want to speak over my marketing guys, but we are moving very soon now that Rail Raiders and Way of the Fighter are fully delivered. You guys have been so patient, and we want the best SDE for you. We are ramping up a ton of never before seen minis, monsters and heroes to herald the coming of the 1st wave. Rumors of our demise had been horrible to watch in some of the more bitter posts, we are a small team, carefully chewing before swallowing right now to do this right. We want this edition of SDE to be the core you play and bring people to for the next 5+ years

https://www.facebook.com/john.cadice?fr ... cation=ufi

But seems it going to take 5+ years of us just waiting for it...

Awesome that you brought this over from KS, but I read this with a lot different interpretation than you Nephastus (unless I'm misinterpreting you, and that you just mean that the wait is eternal). I remember reading in one of their posts that they want this SD to be THE version for the next few years. It'll be the one they build on with expansions and everything, just like FK was the primary version for awhile and SDE 1.0 before that. It seems that they don't expect to mess around with rules for awhile, because it's the new version of SD.

So instead of saying that it'll be 5 years of waiting, I read that post as saying "We did our simple runs first, and now we're focusing on the complex but way overdue Wave 1 Legends." Frustrating, but good news considering all the negative posts here and on KS, I think.

February 7th, 2018, 1:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2830 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next