View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 181  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

Foxwhisperer wrote:
I just bought the Fireflow/Dragon Peak map set from a local store in Finland... A Christmas miracle?

No news on the big turtle boss, so I gave in and ordered it from the Ninjapop store.

I still have the Arcade Beta rules and cards, so soon I get to serve some turtle soup for my heroes over some nice and warm lava streams. Joy.

Big turtle guy is a solid buy, my favorite boss in the game for sure.

January 2nd, 2018, 1:32 pm
Minion

Great to hear the Big Turtle Boss is a solid opponent. It has been a long time as I have contemplated whether to order it from Ninjapop or not (quite expensive for me to order from US).

After I got the Dragonback tiles, I decided to go for it.

January 4th, 2018, 1:46 pm
Mini-Boss

At this point, who pulled the trigger to leave could sing: Soda Pop Miniatures' relationship with backers was a Perfect Illusion --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn599R0ZBwg
Ironically Princess Amethyst and Midnight Queen have this power of illusionism.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

January 4th, 2018, 7:02 pm
Denizen

I can't tell if this is like a 'don't feed the troll' thing, or if I should just loudly wonder WTF, or if there's a hidden meaning to whatever the SODA that was.

January 4th, 2018, 11:39 pm
Mini-Boss

its a link to a video by one of the most offensive people around these days that does cruel and harmful things, the odd 'good' thing PURELY to feed there ego. Like how alot of kids that befriended Micheal Jackson. He was a good friend and helped alot of the kids, until he got bored with them and then threw then to the side and did alot more harm then any good he did.

In a way, She is one hell of a huge Troll.. does things just for the attendion and ego boost.. so if you see that, i guess there is a hidden meaning ^_^

================

January 5th, 2018, 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

anyway.. away from troll feeding (not that they don't need to live too) but back onto topic in a way.

Looking forward to reading todays update tomorrow..
people are starting to go back to work and get back up to steam, but the chinese (depending on which factory group they work for, between 1 to 3 weeks slow down at the end of the month). Despite some moans from the RailRiders group, i'm pretty sure that problem was PARTlY due to a completely different factory group (in fact, didn't they say it was not even a chinese one).. some blame on the ND side? sure. All blame? don't think so.. Does it relate to SDE/SDL? not really. so what's the point keep bringing it up.

Anyway.. January is always a slow start for most things with backlogs and getting ready for the year ahead..late Feb/March should be the interesting time ^_^

================

January 5th, 2018, 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Reguarding Friday 5th Janauary update: Whoa.. they really upper the Relic cards for the Vulcanis.. the average appears to be about one special Boss only relic card but here has 5 of them!

And interesting.. while the earlier art shwon wasn't necessary final, it seams interesting the Nether Imps have gone from purple only (meaning little paintwork needed apart from shades) to red with purple wings.. i'll probebly paint half and half..

I like lot of the favour text.. I hope the new handbook is more advanced then the old one.. the old one was okay but things like the Dragon's call, which was mention in cards before that handbook was done, doesn't even get mentioned really.. Also intereting the information on Mordred.. He was the Forgotten King's champion but was in fact one of the main ones that LEAD the King to rebel which lead to the curse.. I do find some of the favour text a little disjoined.. probleby not the write word and my writings are far from prefect.. it's just how, for example with Mordred, the Boss card favour text says who he was and that fact that he was privy to the forgotten kings schemes but turned to the dark consul before the curse.. fine.. then on the same verse, it jumps BACKwords in time to say about how he was in fact encouring the king.. kinda not privy to the schemes as much as BEHIND the schemes.. after he had turned to the dark consul... it just seams to jump back and forward a bit.. like needs a editor to just proof it (yeah.. it kinda annoies me that i don't have a writers luxary of an editor as a buffer between my posts and people reading them ^_^ in fact, i sure alot of people could do with that).. still good though

================

January 6th, 2018, 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

For who still keep engaged on playtest and other tasks to help Soda Pop Miniatures, make a list of typos, missing icons and stranger things found on the card previews, rulebooks and every content with texts before they hit the start button on the printer... my gosh! so many time passed to do the best and so many mistakes found yet...

My suggestion to add on the design of Challenge and Boss Fight decks: iconography. Since the terms trap and challenge repeat all the time on the cards, SPM may put the icons of trap/creeps from old explore deck to enrich the visual beyond the block of texts
Image Image

* The art of wait.

January 6th, 2018, 8:04 pm
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
And interesting.. while the earlier art shwon wasn't necessary final, it seams interesting the Nether Imps have gone from purple only (meaning little paintwork needed apart from shades) to red with purple wings.. i'll probebly paint half and half..

I'm always surprised that people refer to the official color schemes with such reverence.

I know I'll be making one imp to look like an Incubus from Mega Ten. After that, they'll be whatever color strikes me at the time.

January 8th, 2018, 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I don't feel married to the color schemes on the card art, but I still tend to stick pretty close to what the card shows. If the mini looks like the character on the card players can more easily see which figure matches the card at a glance. It's basically for playability.

That said, I do mix it up now and then, but just a little. Like I gave the zombies different color pants, or made the skin on Freyjans cat-like patterns instead of basic skin tones. But any changes still make it pretty obvious which mini on the table goes with its card.

January 8th, 2018, 9:55 pm
Mini-Boss

I mostly go with official art cause it looks good to me but do changes when or if I feel like it. So reverence implies terms that doesn't quite work (also, since a lot of detail isn't show in the art, it doesn't really work that way either ^_^ but yeah.

never heard of Mega ten.. I often do different palette swaps depending on how many of them I have etc too. Like my squirrel creeps area mix of American nasty grey's and English almost died out due to grey's red.

================

January 8th, 2018, 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I dunno if this needs to be edited or not, but Monach Tvar/ the Black Knight have a "Storm of Blades" attack, and so does the Lunar Knight, but they do completely different things. Perhaps one of them should be called something different? Maybe like The Lunar Knight could have something caled "Blade Magic", "Magic Blade", or "Mirror Blade" or something like that?

January 9th, 2018, 3:57 am
Consul

odinsgrandson wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

I'm always surprised that people refer to the official color schemes with such reverence.

I know I'll be making one imp to look like an Incubus from Mega Ten. After that, they'll be whatever color strikes me at the time.

It's a board game with literally 100s of different models, each with different rules. Making the models match the cards is a way to make it easier to quickly identify which is which 8-)

January 9th, 2018, 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

So... mark my words: we'll live to see another GenCon without any part of reward from this KS campaign and retailers will get it before backers in same terms of Rail Raiders Infinite. No matter for me receive before or after retailers, but what the point to keep support to a company where even the price deal do not justify stick with them? Is easy to find promotional prices lower than SPM store or KS prices and take only a month to receive instead of years.

I hope it remains only as my negativity look, but if this conspiracy theory come true, for me this will be the end of line to pull the trigger to take my money back and leave without regrets.

For newcomers: Don't fool yourself with cute chibis, it's a Spider Poop Monsters' trap to catch BEEckers.

* The art of wait.

January 9th, 2018, 4:42 pm
Mini-Boss

technically, we have had 1 part of the reward atleast and that's the Painting guide, whither you like it or not.

also 'Digital early access' that was there since the start has in fact been fulfilled.

I never liked 'conspiracy' theorists.. they think people are WAY smarter then that really are.. and yet at the time, dumber..

================

January 9th, 2018, 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

ManicMan wrote:
technically, we have had 1 part of the reward atleast and that's the Painting guide, whither you like it or not.

Seriously? I found lots of free painting guides better than this guide and it's also free for non-backers. What's the point?

ManicMan wrote:
also 'Digital early access' that was there since the start has in fact been fulfilled.

No, they don't fulfilled it. Digital early access is for adventures and campaigns of Legends instead of rulebooks and cards of Explore and Arcade. Draft text for playtest purposes don't count.

ManicMan wrote:
I never liked 'conspiracy' theorists.. they think people are WAY smarter then that really are.. and yet at the time, dumber..

I don't care for what you like or dislike, "smart" boy, but I must probably agree I'm dumb enough to keep expecting something here.

* The art of wait.

January 9th, 2018, 7:19 pm
Denizen

Easy, Neph, he didn't call you stupid. He didn't even call conspiracy theorists stupid. He said that conspiracy theorists tend to give their suspected villains too much credit, which wasn't targeted at you in any way.

January 9th, 2018, 10:58 pm
Mini-Boss

Nephastus wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

Seriously? I found lots of free painting guides better than this guide and it's also free for non-backers. What's the point?

I do not see where the quality and target audience level for the painting guide is stated. I see a stretch goal which will be unlocked if the set level is raised (in this case $630k). The painting guide, in my eyes and some people I've shown it to, which doesn't really matter anyway, is a good guide for people with no to basic (novice) skill levels of painting. For a long time painter, little in any possible 'guide' would be worth a read. I see alot of good painters, i also see alot of good painters who i think there style really doesn't suit what they are painting. when you get enough still to develop your own style, a painting guide isn't any good and the best you can hope for is a quick reference to brush up or check out other methods. The fact that after release to backers it was also released to the public (or even, as the case is, at the same time) is neither here nor there in this case. So again, if you like it or not, it was still an item promised and received.

Nephastus wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

No, they don't fulfilled it. Digital early access is for adventures and campaigns of Legends instead of rulebooks and cards of Explore and Arcade. Draft text for playtest purposes don't count.

What was promised was two forms of Digital level. the 'Super Dungeon Legends Digital' digital content which contains the Core Legends Rulebooks (Heroes Handbook, Consul's Grimoire, explorer's guide), the Hero Journal, the Skill compendium and the Digital conversion guide. Some of these have changed as the game has evolved via playtesting with the public. This bit hasn't not yet been fulfilled as complete items.
the Other part they said was 'Digital Early Access'. This contained access to the Super Dungeon Legends Beta (playtesting material), access to the Backers forum, and then access to Super Dungeons Legends Digital download content such as digital adventures and campaigns. I will admit not ALL of that one has been forfilled, which they did say would start "as soon as it is completed" and the newer campaigns "After the initial release of Super Dungeon Digital". The beta side and forum (which i don't use but that's besides the point) has been forfilled. In fact, copies of cards and rules which are good enough to even print yourself and use without them looking too out of place have even been released. So I'll admit it hasn't been fully fulfilled, but it has started and half of it has been fulfilled.

Nephastus wrote:
ManicMan wrote:

I don't care for what you like or dislike, "smart" boy, but I must probably agree I'm dumb enough to keep expecting something here.

Okay, an insult I expected to me and others but without trying to insult back, you are saying you don't care for my opinion while spamming and giving your opinion with a very large voice... That is fair enough. I just like to know where I stand. It depends on the person as to how personal a question can be based on there attitude, how long you have known them, etcetera. So now I know my place with regards you is I'm to listen to your opinion but not give my own.. That's fine. I will refrain for giving my opinion directed at you in the future. However, as you have said you are likely (in your view) to be leaving, I do not forsee a long term relationship.

and anyway, like Maxy said, it wasn't aimed at you personally or anything.

================

January 9th, 2018, 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
the Other part they said was 'Digital Early Access'. This contained access to the Super Dungeon Legends Beta (playtesting material), access to the Backers forum, and then access to Super Dungeons Legends Digital download content such as digital adventures and campaigns. I will admit not ALL of that one has been forfilled, which they did say would start "as soon as it is completed" and the newer campaigns "After the initial release of Super Dungeon Digital". The beta side and forum (which i don't use but that's besides the point) has been forfilled. In fact, copies of cards and rules which are good enough to even print yourself and use without them looking too out of place have even been released. So I'll admit it hasn't been fully fulfilled, but it has started and half of it has been fulfilled.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say this is playable. At least with the wave 2 stuff, it definately looks pretty, but it's clear it was rushed for an update, since a lot of cut/ pasting directly from beta happened. :)

January 10th, 2018, 2:29 am
Mini-Boss

fair enough. Wave 1 is completely playable as i have been able to play games with it. Some of wave 2 is playable. might been some final tweaking which they haven't denied, but i would say playable for the most part, but yeah, they did do a quick compile to show people the cards.

================

January 10th, 2018, 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 181  Next