View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 132  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Bottle Cap

Nephastus wrote:
Ok... Just a bit out off-topic, Rail Raiders Infinite was suppose to be delivered on OCT 2016, but it's coming from China on the boat now. Until the final touch on all boxes to finally begin the shipment to backers will be OCT 2017(?!), in a optimistic view. So... expect DEC 2017 to have some real mention of Wave 1 with core Explore game and 2 warbands.

Since the company offered the Digital content for Legends campaigns/adventures (on unknown future), a "living rulebook" for Explore, Arcade, PVP, Pets and Legends with periodic tweaks could be a big deal on their website, maybe as companion app also. Talking about digital content, I hope for better quality on PDF files than this last PDF rules presented on Update #95 for all digital content. I do not care if it takes longer to download, if this will guarantee better quality like Black-Handed Henry's Potion Party files.
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... -cards.pdf
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... -cards.pdf

Considering this thread was supposed to be about project updates, I don't think you're off topic at all, in fact I say you're bringing it back on topic.

My hope is that since they SEEM to be done with the classic/arcade rules (whatever they're calling them each now), maybe we'll see them start to produce the plastic and other components so that they can ship out the game parts that DON'T require the Legends rules. It would seem that they could at least send those boxes and the other non-legends-specific add-on content sooner rather than later. They've obviously considered these things, given the split shipping, so I can't help wondering why they haven't started producing those parts (as far as we're aware at least).

It's 'possible' that they already have, and we just haven't been advised of that, but considering the amount of good will an announcement like that would bring to their backers I cannot imagine that they would keep something like that a secret. There's no benefit to doing that quietly.

I'm eager to at least have the solo/co-op stuff in hand, and to see if the improvements were worth the wait. I really hope so, because I like the game, and I love the miniatures... But the game in it's state as of Forgotten King was still a pretty slow burn through to finish with more than a couple heroes. I hope that they have figured out how to pick up the game pace at least a little bit, because I would have no difficulty getting this beautiful title to the table much more often if it went faster.

July 20th, 2017, 2:09 pm
Denizen

last updates seam to show that plastic was in production, layouts done, final tweaks and quality control being done, of course, quality control for plastic does often mean proof copies of final run checked before full time production.

side note on the token side.. FK was going to be tokens but the Kickstarter lead to plastic replacing them. I have no problem with tokens as they keep the price down for game introduction, which is the point.. I love plastic pieces, but can see them as an add-on or luxury.. problem with giving people that luxury from the start is that it spoils them.

I'll be interested to see what update happens (cause even if it's saying nothing, I think there probably will be one given the new SPM Customer Services Rep, Anthony replacing Nekodachi and thus, a whole new style to look at)..

another side note (sorry)... if you wanna test out the Monster Tracker without a huge waste of money (well... not huge but still). please be careful if you print it in B/W... dice colours don't show up that well ^_^

July 20th, 2017, 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I wonder where you see any indications that plastic was in production, or that layouts, final tweaks and quality control was being done.

All I see is tiles pictures, and a small footnote saying revisions may not be taken into account after Monday last week.

Which hopefully indicates things will be moving to final edits and layout soon (or hopefully already have since then) but I doubt any kind of production is under way.

At this point, since Arcade and Monsters of Legends tests have been closed a long time ago and they've done nothing but stall production of Wave 1 while stone-walling anything about Legends, one can only hope they've decided to include all components except Legends in Wave 1 for fulfillment.

July 20th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
I knew that upgrade deck I brought was an evil plot.. giving me cards for spawning points and monsters I didn't own... cunning.

So.. Midnight tower now comes with 9 new sets of spawning points.. news to me.. maybe including palette swaps as new sets... which means you will never get enough models unless you bulk buy the starter set or they re-issue spawn sets like they did for the base and Roxor V1's...

yes, people might WANT to buy new sets, but you are really saying that they HAVE to in order to play a single game once they buy the base set..

Also.. like Xris, I'll be interested in seeing some of your reports on the balance of this new feature compared to the balance done by the community reports for the new rules.. Do I agree with all the new rules? no.. Do I kick and scream when I don't get my own way? not as far as I'm aware.. and I think at this point in this issue.. I'm just gonna have to say I doubt I can add anything new which wouldn't just lead to an endless loop...

A) Contents for the Midnight Tower comes with all the Arcade components for the 3 sets of Kobolds, the three sets of drakes, the three (four?) sets of Dark Elves, the two sets of Alternate Chimera, and the two sets of Alternate Kodama... Same for the Dragonback peaks "Explore" set, but with the "Explore" components.... If that's not enough content t make that concept work... I dunno what to tell you.. you know.. in THEORY since the Spawn point is set in stone as it is...

As for playing a game... you don't HAVE to buy anything, even if that spawn point didn't have a usable ability... that's the beauty of choice... however, I challenge you to proxy the current spawn points as the lternate nether elves or the alternate chimera. As it stands, the alternate grobbits can't be proxied because there aren't any big models to substitute with. And consistency- wise, you don't have enough medels to run 3 consistent spawn points beyond what models come in the box. To run a set of nether elves, you need 1 assassin, 2 black blades, and 3 arbalists. with the kobolds you can manage to eek out a coherent force without TOO much confusion.. except you wouldn't have nough models to make a second dark elf spawn point AND a third spawn point of any sort... That being said... unless you proxy with outside models (bought or otherwise) I'd say the game comes with a lot of unusable content without buying multiple other sets to go with it.

As for the "kicking and screaming" bit, I'd call it more of a backhanded critique rather than "kicking and screaming". Like I've said before, I don't need them to tell me what to do; I'm going to just play loot- o- meter anyways (a vastly superior system imo). My commentary (critiques, complaints, what-have-you) is merely on the basis on playing with rules- lawyery, official- content blokes (should I ever find myself in the situation, god- forbid).

ManicMan wrote:
Great update! Now the Egg Clutch is completely broken within the base set! Fantastic.. AS you wouldn't be able to play it without a add-on giving your the extra spawning pool. unless a new rule is added 'you are able to ignore rules you don't want to use', which brakes all the rules..

Given my rebuttal, getting to add 2 8 bit monster or 1 16 but monster as they currently are and how the rules currently set, short of MAYBE the truffle pigs, I don't see what all is that broken, and you can't even play the truffle pigs to their full capacity as they're currently set... But, again, it's moot point.

July 20th, 2017, 3:20 pm
Denizen

amarento wrote:
I wonder where you see any indications that plastic was in production, or that layouts, final tweaks and quality control was being done.

All I see is tiles pictures, and a small footnote saying revisions may not be taken into account after Monday last week.

Which hopefully indicates things will be moving to final edits and layout soon (or hopefully already have since then) but I doubt any kind of production is under way.

At this point, since Arcade and Monsters of Legends tests have been closed a long time ago and they've done nothing but stall production of Wave 1 while stone-walling anything about Legends, one can only hope they've decided to include all components except Legends in Wave 1 for fulfillment.

Update #93 said:
"•Wave 1, completely laid out, all elements done, received at factory, have one round of proofs to finalize for card, packaging, and books, and we are ready to hit the "go" button. Without actually having finished goods rolling off a line, I can't move the bar more"

Elements include Plastic figures. So production. like I said, they probably to check Test shots but the status was ready for full production lines. So I would say, seams like plastic is in production if not full production, like I said.

for Layouts, "Completely laid out" seams to say Layouts done, For final tweaks and quality control, again I said it's 'being' done more then done so I would again agree from that update..

as for non-plastic elements: "have one round of proofs to finalize for card, packaging, and books". we have been shown the Monster Tracker, Rule Book and dash card. Tile have also been shown. So.. I stand by comment ^_^

though sadly, it's been too long since that June 17th update

July 20th, 2017, 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

..... and we have yet to see any evidence of this.

No manufacturing, mold or factory pictures.

No printed proofs or material they were sent for review and approval.

Not even a direct acknowledgement or announcement that ANYTHING has actually begun.

Only vague updates and render images.

Anybody else get that fishy smell?

At this point in "production", this is the kind of updates we were seeing during Forgotten King:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... sts/962059

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... sts/991454

July 20th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Minion

amarento wrote:
..... and we have yet to see any evidence of this.

No manufacturing, mold or factory pictures.

No printed proofs or material they were sent for review and approval.

Not even a direct acknowledgement or announcement that ANYTHING has actually begun.

Only vague updates and render images.

Anybody else get that fishy smell?

At this point in "production", this is the kind of updates we were seeing during Forgotten King:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... sts/962059

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... sts/991454

They actually DID have some production proofs on display here: http://losthemisphere.com/wp/2016/08/ge ... otodump-3/
Just not advertised. And let's not forget they did technically sneak in a production proof for the New Satrfire for Mark Maxey one of their studio painters to paint, so there has been SOME production proofs, just none that were mass produced nor spoken about officially, and DEF not about wave 1..

July 20th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Denizen

there has been some on the KS but don't quote me on where.

July 20th, 2017, 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

insider714 wrote:
They actually DID have some production proofs on display here: http://losthemisphere.com/wp/2016/08/ge ... otodump-3/
Just not advertised. And let's not forget they did technically sneak in a production proof for the New Satrfire for Mark Maxey one of their studio painters to paint, so there has been SOME production proofs, just none that were mass produced nor spoken about officially, and DEF not about wave 1..

Knowledge through another source instead of the company. I can't understand why... this was a GenCon 2016 Photodump

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

July 20th, 2017, 6:23 pm
Denizen

insider714 wrote:

I don't thinks those are production proofs, if I recall correctly, production proofs are done in production colors. I believe that red plastic indicates they are 3D prints made from the renders which would be used to make the molds.

July 20th, 2017, 11:21 pm
Minion

Imriel wrote:
insider714 wrote:

I don't thinks those are production proofs, if I recall correctly, production proofs are done in production colors. I believe that red plastic indicates they are 3D prints made from the renders which would be used to make the molds.

Ah, ok. Makes sense. I was wondering why they were glued to the base instead of slotted.

July 21st, 2017, 12:42 am
Minion

Well the latest update seems worth the wait. There's everything there to build a whole lotta Heroes. Now we just need some actual adventures to send them on.....

July 21st, 2017, 10:19 pm
Ninja Corps

Well, I look forward to digging into all of that material. I'll find out if it's playable without a specific adventure or not, and see if my group can play some. It should be interesting, I'm excited. ^_^

July 21st, 2017, 10:43 pm
Ninja Corps

Let for the resounding HUZZAH! I, for one, am more than happy to celebrate this humble Friday in July. May the rest of the Summer be as merry!

July 22nd, 2017, 1:47 am
Minion

Totally called that it was Deke who was sick...

July 22nd, 2017, 4:52 am
Minion

insider714 wrote:
Totally called that it was Deke who was sick...

In my opinion Deke's illness is a perfectly reasonable excuse for the delays in this project. It seems that more openness about this earlier would have avoided a lot of the backlash....

Now concerning openness what happened to neko?

July 22nd, 2017, 6:42 am
Minion

Didn't catch the part where it said Deke had been sick, where is that?

Totally fits with my earlier comments about a total personality shift in the company.

Here is hoping things start to improve, huzza!

July 22nd, 2017, 7:23 am
Denizen

A comment made in the update:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I encountered a spot of heart problems beginning in March and over the course of about three months had three emergency room visits and a hospital stay. While I was working during the time, it was limited, and for better or worse, I stubbornly held onto this draft of Legends, because I love it. Normally, we don’t talk too much about our or our employees private lives, since they are just that—private. However, I know that you have been chomping at the bit for Legends content and these issues were a contributing factor to the timeline.

Yes, an update to say a reason for delay might have been nice but private lives are private.

July 22nd, 2017, 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
A comment made in the update:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I encountered a spot of heart problems beginning in March and over the course of about three months had three emergency room visits and a hospital stay. While I was working during the time, it was limited, and for better or worse, I stubbornly held onto this draft of Legends, because I love it. Normally, we don’t talk too much about our or our employees private lives, since they are just that—private. However, I know that you have been chomping at the bit for Legends content and these issues were a contributing factor to the timeline.

Yes, an update to say a reason for delay might have been nice but private lives are private.

Thanks for that - for some reason can't see the comment to updates on my phone.

Poor Deke, well glad he is feeling a little better and hope he feels his old self again soon :)

July 22nd, 2017, 7:54 am
Denizen

No problem ^_^

And as some people moan that rules should have been written a lot before, he does point out, like some people did, the rules WERE mostly done.. then they were requested by fans to do a rewrite, which delayed Legends rules until they were done, then they decided it didn't quite gel right, so legends rules were delay again.

and an update on figure status, no new date given but:

Quote:
all minis are sculpted, have been for a while. Molds are either done or being set for Wave 1 as we speak... and... if we are REALLY lucky (no promises) perhaps we can get Wave2 and Wave 1 minis together

July 22nd, 2017, 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2639 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 132  Next