View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2017, 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 133  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Employee

insider714 wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
The Hatchery ability is kinda pointless now. Going back more towards original rules, means monsters ca n spawn from any spawning point. as that is basicly what Hatchery allows, it's both still in effect, and completely pointless now ^_^

I understand WHY I just think it's lazy. They could've come up with something else or erattaed Hatchery easily. Plus, I don't like the "spawn anything from anywere" rule.

I assume you're talking about the egg clutch?

We did errata it. It now has stealth instead. This was in the beta cards you were shown. Though it has been a while. :)

Official errata announcements will come once the rules are officially out.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

July 19th, 2017, 1:44 pm
Denizen

insider714 wrote:
Nephastus wrote:
Some monsters with text "[place-holder of action/effect]...from spawning pool" going to be OP based on the new rules where count the combination of spawning points as the spawning pool.

The REAL imbalance is going to come when they enact mobile spawn points. They'll be able to attack AND summon guys? The game is imbalanced as it is...

Depending on definition, there are already mobile spawning points..

the main upcoming one which was labelled a Mobile spawning point was/is the Spider Speaker. She can only spawn 1 -1 skull spider Per-action point, which allows up to 3 Spiders in a turn.

We kinda already have:
Burning Gel: - doesn't spawn persay but creates 2 Fire Gels when destroyed
Dust Coven Necromancers, Dust Mages: - can raise all Bone piles into undead skeletons within a 2 square wave of them (takes 1 action point, so in one turn, a well placed Necromancer can raise 8 Skeletons in one activation, which include 1 skull and 2 skull points
Shamble Priest: - Able to spawn one zombie (no skull limit) with 1 action point, but also takes 1 heart point in damage

Bosses that can spawn:
Beatrix - Spawns one Ghost per wound inflicted
Goro - Spawns 4 Giri for 2 Action Points
Von Drakk - Same Raise for Bone Piles as Dust Coven Nero's and Dust Mages

I'm not sure if fully mobile as in the Spawning point itself moves and attacks, will be any time soon.. if at all..

July 19th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
Depending on definition, there are already mobile spawning points..

the main upcoming one which was labelled a Mobile spawning point was/is the Spider Speaker. She can only spawn 1 -1 skull spider Per-action point, which allows up to 3 Spiders in a turn.

We kinda already have:
Burning Gel: - doesn't spawn persay but creates 2 Fire Gels when destroyed
Dust Coven Necromancers, Dust Mages: - can raise all Bone piles into undead skeletons within a 2 square wave of them (takes 1 action point, so in one turn, a well placed Necromancer can raise 8 Skeletons in one activation, which include 1 skull and 2 skull points
Shamble Priest: - Able to spawn one zombie (no skull limit) with 1 action point, but also takes 1 heart point in damage

Bosses that can spawn:
Beatrix - Spawns one Ghost per wound inflicted
Goro - Spawns 4 Giri for 2 Action Points
Von Drakk - Same Raise for Bone Piles as Dust Coven Nero's and Dust Mages

I'm not sure if fully mobile as in the Spawning point itself moves and attacks, will be any time soon.. if at all..

Assuming they ACTUALLY follow through with it: http://ninjadivision.com/expanding-our-lineup/

That outlines the concept for the Nepharite mobile spawn point which will be able to move and attack like a regular monster but spawns like a spawning point. That concept alone imbalances gameplay, albeit I'm not sure if it'll be allowed in tournaments assuming...

July 19th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Denizen

oh that.. crossover thing.. I don't really bother and as it even says, crossover ones allow them to go outside the normal rules and gameplay.

July 19th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
oh that.. crossover thing.. I don't really bother and as it even says, crossover ones allow them to go outside the normal rules and gameplay.

They also said it was the first and not the last, ergo the rule even EXISING will mean it's a concept that can and probably will be revisited in future content.

July 19th, 2017, 3:37 pm
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
insider714 wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
The Hatchery ability is kinda pointless now. Going back more towards original rules, means monsters ca n spawn from any spawning point. as that is basicly what Hatchery allows, it's both still in effect, and completely pointless now ^_^

I understand WHY I just think it's lazy. They could've come up with something else or erattaed Hatchery easily. Plus, I don't like the "spawn anything from anywere" rule.

I assume you're talking about the egg clutch?

We did errata it. It now has stealth instead. This was in the beta cards you were shown. Though it has been a while. :)

I know where it is, that's how i found it. Still lazy doe.

July 19th, 2017, 3:38 pm
Mini-Boss

ND_Justin wrote:

After several times of playtests and PDF rulebook examination? Ouch! :|

“Our patience will achieve more than your force.” - Edmund Burke

July 19th, 2017, 5:15 pm
Employee

Nephastus wrote:
ND_Justin wrote:

After several times of playtests and PDF rulebook examination? Ouch! :|

Ouch?

We errata-ed a few cards to work better with the new rules. Egg Clutch example above: it had an ability that no longer worked with the new rules, we fixed it. These are not things that were "missed."

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

July 19th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Ninja Corps

Maybe I'm missing something here. Is the original complain about the egg clutch that it wasn't changed? Then, when informed that it was, in fact, changed, the complaint became that it's sloppy they had to change it?

And people wonder why communication has become light and interaction with the "fans" has waned? You're literally giving absolutely no win scenarios here with your "feedback".

This is an extremely confusing last few posts on this thread @_@

July 19th, 2017, 5:53 pm
Mini-Boss

Please, read the forum rules and stop the personal attacks, sir.

July 19th, 2017, 5:56 pm
Denizen

Usagi wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here. Is the original complain about the egg clutch that it wasn't changed? Then, when informed that it was, in fact, changed, the complaint became that it's sloppy they had to change it?

And people wonder why communication has become light and interaction with the "fans" has waned? You're literally giving absolutely no win scenarios here with your "feedback".

I kinda get the idea that rules were changed.. so cards given slight updates like done in the past, but because they go against what some people want in the rules, people moan and seam to get a bit personal about it.. attacking people because they aren't following the rules that they want... and since I doubt you can find 2 people with the same idea for everything, it's clearly no win for anyone.. and the company was being TOO nice by giving 'fans' a high amount of impact.. so of course they old 'WE are the fans, we support you, you owe us' comes into play

July 19th, 2017, 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
Usagi wrote:

I kinda get the idea that rules were changed.. so cards given slight updates like done in the past, but because they go against what some people want in the rules, people moan and seam to get a bit personal about it.. attacking people because they aren't following the rules that they want... and since I doubt you can find 2 people with the same idea for everything, it's clearly no win for anyone.. and the company was being TOO nice by giving 'fans' a high amount of impact.. so of course they old 'WE are the fans, we support you, you owe us' comes into play

I dunno if these comments are directed at me or not, me calling the design lazy, so let me "elucidate"

Before the rules revision you had no two spawn points that had the same ability, some of which were more powerful than others, some even had dual abilities (Hidden shrine had "Stealth" AND "Hidden" but that makes up for the spawn point's lack of models compared to the other dual spawn points) The Nether Clutch (or whatever it's called" only has stealth, ok, you have Nether Drakes that have an insanely strong ability that dictates a slightly weaker spawn point, i get that. But the Cold Eggs AND the Frozen Warrens have Black Ice? Now the regular "egg Clutch" has stealth? How about something where one monster you spawn can activate on the heroes turn? How about you can still spawn monsters from a defeated spawn point from the Egg Clutch, hell, to make it closer to the original Egg clutch, you can spawn ONE monster from a defeated spawn point from Egg clutch.. SOMETHING. I mean, it's just uninspired. How many layovers are y'all gonna have for the NEXT spawn points... :roll:

July 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm
Denizen

insider714 wrote:
How about you can still spawn monsters from a defeated spawn point from the Egg Clutch, hell, to make it closer to the original Egg clutch, you can spawn ONE monster from a defeated spawn point from Egg clutch.. SOMETHING. I mean, it's just uninspired. How many layovers are y'all gonna have for the NEXT spawn points... :roll:

Does not compute, Insider. Destroyed spawn points no longer diminish the spawning pool, so the ability to spawn monsters from defeated spawn points would also be a useless ability. :roll:

However, I do agree that Stealth on both the Egg Clutch AND Nether Eggs does seem... uninspired? (Sorry Justin!)

July 20th, 2017, 2:26 am
Minion

Tranc wrote:
insider714 wrote:
How about you can still spawn monsters from a defeated spawn point from the Egg Clutch, hell, to make it closer to the original Egg clutch, you can spawn ONE monster from a defeated spawn point from Egg clutch.. SOMETHING. I mean, it's just uninspired. How many layovers are y'all gonna have for the NEXT spawn points... :roll:

Does not compute, Insider. Destroyed spawn points no longer diminish the spawning pool, so the ability to spawn monsters from defeated spawn points would also be a useless ability. :roll:

However, I do agree that Stealth on both the Egg Clutch AND Nether Eggs does seem... uninspired? (Sorry Justin!)

Huh, I wasn't aware. Must've been following an older beta... this makes the consul even more broken imo...

Either way, my point still stands.

July 20th, 2017, 2:36 am
Minion

Tranc wrote:
insider714 wrote:

Here's two more: Hatchery: "At the beginning of the game, choose two 8 bit monsters of the same type or one 16 bit monster from a spawn point you own but is not on a spawn point in play. Add those monsters to your spawning pool as if it was printed on Egg Clutch." or Hatchery "At the beginning of the game, choose one type of Creep that is not associated with the Dungeon boss, add them to your spawning pool as if it was printed on Egg Clutch"

See? It's not hard to come up with new abilities. Easy Peasy.

July 20th, 2017, 2:50 am
Mini-Boss

So you say, the game favors the consul. Heavily, you say. And now you want to give a vasttly exploitable rule to an spawn point making the consul stronger? I don't get it. In other words: maybe it's not so easy.

Also the playtest/beta whateveer seem to have indicated sth ike a 50/50 win ratio or maybe 60/40, I don't really know. So how come some groups have nearly 100% consul (or hero) wins? Strongly imbalanced player experience? MIstakes during play? What do you think?

July 20th, 2017, 9:13 am
Denizen

insider714 wrote:
Tranc wrote:
insider714 wrote:

Here's two more: Hatchery: "At the beginning of the game, choose two 8 bit monsters of the same type or one 16 bit monster from a spawn point you own but is not on a spawn point in play. Add those monsters to your spawning pool as if it was printed on Egg Clutch." or Hatchery "At the beginning of the game, choose one type of Creep that is not associated with the Dungeon boss, add them to your spawning pool as if it was printed on Egg Clutch"

See? It's not hard to come up with new abilities. Easy Peasy.

Great update! Now the Egg Clutch is completely broken within the base set! Fantastic.. AS you wouldn't be able to play it without a add-on giving your the extra spawning pool. unless a new rule is added 'you are able to ignore rules you don't want to use', which brakes all the rules..

July 20th, 2017, 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Xris Wraith wrote:
So you say, the game favors the consul. Heavily, you say. And now you want to give a vasttly exploitable rule to an spawn point making the consul stronger? I don't get it. In other words: maybe it's not so easy.

Also the playtest/beta whateveer seem to have indicated sth ike a 50/50 win ratio or maybe 60/40, I don't really know. So how come some groups have nearly 100% consul (or hero) wins? Strongly imbalanced player experience? MIstakes during play? What do you think?

Actually, it IS easy I didn't say it HAD to be the ability.

As for mistakes during play, te only mistake that was made was me and my friends not knowing you could continue to spawn monsters from defeated spawn points, which: A) Is STILL in favor of the Consul, B) Didn't favor the Ninjas because they need to spawn on the SAME TILE as their spawn point to get the benefit of "Hidden" (as per written) and C) heroes were still smashed to bits even witha Consul handicap.

ManicMan wrote:
Great update! Now the Egg Clutch is completely broken within the base set! Fantastic.. AS you wouldn't be able to play it without a add-on giving your the extra spawning pool. unless a new rule is added 'you are able to ignore rules you don't want to use', which brakes all the rules..

HA! not able to use it? it comes with like... 9 extra sets of spawn points... most of which for models you... wait for it.. DON'T ACTUALLY OWN because they split the game so you have to get this AND ARCADE to get the models for half the cards YOU CAN'T USE!

Fun fact: I think they'd want people to buy more sets anyways, so i feel that your point there is... nonsensical...?

July 20th, 2017, 11:56 am
Denizen

I knew that upgrade deck I brought was an evil plot.. giving me cards for spawning points and monsters I didn't own... cunning.

So.. Midnight tower now comes with 9 new sets of spawning points.. news to me.. maybe including palette swaps as new sets... which means you will never get enough models unless you bulk buy the starter set or they re-issue spawn sets like they did for the base and Roxor V1's...

yes, people might WANT to buy new sets, but you are really saying that they HAVE to in order to play a single game once they buy the base set..

Also.. like Xris, I'll be interested in seeing some of your reports on the balance of this new feature compared to the balance done by the community reports for the new rules.. Do I agree with all the new rules? no.. Do I kick and scream when I don't get my own way? not as far as I'm aware.. and I think at this point in this issue.. I'm just gonna have to say I doubt I can add anything new which wouldn't just lead to an endless loop...

July 20th, 2017, 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Ok... Just a bit out off-topic, Rail Raiders Infinite was suppose to be delivered on OCT 2016, but it's coming from China on the boat now. Until the final touch on all boxes to finally begin the shipment to backers will be OCT 2017(?!), in a optimistic view. So... expect DEC 2017 to have some real mention of Wave 1 with core Explore game and 2 warbands.

Since the company offered the Digital content for Legends campaigns/adventures (on unknown future), a "living rulebook" for Explore, Arcade, PVP, Pets and Legends with periodic tweaks could be a big deal on their website, maybe as companion app also. Talking about digital content, I hope for better quality on PDF files than this last PDF rules presented on Update #95 for all digital content. I do not care if it takes longer to download, if this will guarantee better quality like Black-Handed Henry's Potion Party files.
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... -cards.pdf
http://ninjadivision.com/wp-content/upl ... -cards.pdf

July 20th, 2017, 1:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 133  Next