View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 15th, 2017, 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

BUGGER! just figured out the Midnight queen.. I forgot about the one detail... sigh..

to quote old Handbook:
"Soon after the birth of Amethyst, the queen mysteriously disappeared."
Queen that looks a lot like Amethyst but older..

November 8th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

There's a possibility.

I still think that Ametnyst has an alter ego. I suspect that one of the campaigns that SPM are making will be a sort of Redemption for the Mitnight Queen- where the heroes separate her from whatever evil force is controlling her- after which Amethyst as a hero makes perfect sense.

But there's really no reason why the Midnight Queen couldn't be Amethyst's mother. But remember- she's not just Amethyst's mother, she would also be mother to Ruby, Emerald, Citrine and Saphire. I don't think she has a resemblance to all of them- just to Amethyst.

November 8th, 2017, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Since Aurora's kids look nothing like each other, and we don't know what the King Jasper III looks like, it's hard to say.. This isn't Disney where the boys look like the father and the girls like the mother. If we go via 'real life', then some eye colours are not as strong genes as others.. and even then, we have mostly mothers eye colour and fathers. Out of the princesses, we have 3 eye colours: Blue, Green and Orange. (Ruby's eyes are a different shade but also blue, and Amethyst's are a shade of green). Genetically, that would say one is the mother, one is the father and one is a throw-back gene. Now we also have 4-ish hair colours.. 2 throw-backs is unlikely but possible. There is no reference directly to any looking more like there parents then another or anything. There are a couple of.. odd contradictions but nothing of any note in this context.

and of course, the prophecy says the 5 girls are coloured gems imbued in their hearts. And apart from Ruby, that seams to have a outward sign too (hair colour, eyes etc). I think some things depend on what the 'current time' is. First King as not long after the Dark Consul was banished. Time is tracked based on this. King Jasper III found his bride on the 780th year after banishment. Not long after they got together, they started having kids. over 7 years, four daughters were born. Then the 5th was born when it marked 10 years of them being married.. They married not long after getting together.. so lets say 5 years max.. so then Amethyst was born, it was round 795AB (After Banishment). The Queen left not long after that, Amethyst left 16 years after that. So 811AB.

While it's said we don't know when the Midnight Queen took her role, it appears to have been some time.. so we need to know the current time to know how long.. Barring any form of Time travel not yet said about, knowing roughtly how long she has been around is a possible key fact. When Amethyst left, Sapphire was around 23 years old. if it's been 20 years, she is now 43.. No offense to anyone but.. I doubt she is 43 if things age (as they appear to for Humans) in earth years.

Anyway.. short of the new Handbook or 'Shadow of the Queen' campaign, I doubt anything will give much information on this.

November 9th, 2017, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I don't think this has been posted on the forums yet, but a neat creation video for one of the pets:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/deWtc2bv4Bo[/youtube]

Edit: I don't know how to embed youtube vids in this forum, so here is the link :D

https://youtu.be/deWtc2bv4Bo

November 16th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Denizen

I think it was on the KS some time back along with Overload Okami and the Forge Gnome (the only creep, I might add, NOT to appear on the Bosses of Legends art).

might be wrong though.

November 16th, 2017, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I know that last week's Livestream failed due to unforseeable technical issues (things happen), Deke posted to let us all know what happened, which was greatly appreciated:

Quote:
Hello Everyone
Well, we tried to do today's livestream....Unfortunately, our normal AV expert is out of the office working at PAX Unplugged. She gave us a tutorial before she left, but apparently we were poor learners because we just spent a good deal of time trying to figure it out. Then we thought we got it working so we "livestreamed" and talked to the magic nothing for the last 25 minutes. Sigh. So, we're going to reschedule to next week, when our normal AV person is here and can make sure we're pushing all the right buttons. We will do the Livestream in addition to our normal updates. Our sincere apologies for the snafu. We'll see you next week!

I haven't seen a link or anything for it -but it's entirely possible I've just missed/overlooked it. Can anyone give me the link and time info so I can tune in?

November 22nd, 2017, 9:53 pm
Employee

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I know that last week's Livestream failed due to unforseeable technical issues (things happen), Deke posted to let us all know what happened, which was greatly appreciated:

Quote:
Hello Everyone
Well, we tried to do today's livestream....Unfortunately, our normal AV expert is out of the office working at PAX Unplugged. She gave us a tutorial before she left, but apparently we were poor learners because we just spent a good deal of time trying to figure it out. Then we thought we got it working so we "livestreamed" and talked to the magic nothing for the last 25 minutes. Sigh. So, we're going to reschedule to next week, when our normal AV person is here and can make sure we're pushing all the right buttons. We will do the Livestream in addition to our normal updates. Our sincere apologies for the snafu. We'll see you next week!

I haven't seen a link or anything for it -but it's entirely possible I've just missed/overlooked it. Can anyone give me the link and time info so I can tune in?

We are rescheduling the livestream to next Wednesday, 11-29. This is both to have it on a week we do not have an update and because the upcoming holiday would likely affect a lot of people's ability to view it in the US.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

November 22nd, 2017, 10:29 pm
Denizen

which holiday? hasn't the US had all the ones that are normally mid-week by now? apart from Christmas that is.. I can't really keep track of them all..

oh and fair enough.. enjoy your holiday, whatever it is

November 22nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
which holiday? hasn't the US had all the ones that are normally mid-week by now? apart from Christmas that is.. I can't really keep track of them all..

oh and fair enough.. enjoy your holiday, whatever it is

Thanksgiving.

November 22nd, 2017, 10:46 pm
Denizen

I thought that was the other day? wasn't there the so called annual big shindig about it?... ah well.. the main thing I know about that is from a couple of American comedy things.. one being a cartoon by Tex Avery ^_^

November 22nd, 2017, 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

[quote="ND_Justin"]
We are rescheduling the livestream to next Wednesday, 11-29. This is both to have it on a week we do not have an update and because the upcoming holiday would likely affect a lot of people's ability to view it in the US/quote]

I appreciated the quick response, but there's an obvious bit of typo in there:
"the upcoming holiday would likely affect our ability to have any interest in streaming a video today."

We all know that the internet doesn't turn off for Thanksgiving, and 'Thanksgiving Eve' isn't a thing. Maybe next time just say you're all itching to start your four day weekend -its cool, we understand. When you start painfully rewording things to try and make them sounds better at the very last minute, that's when we start getting concerned. It's a slippery slope to the way things were with this project for so long. Im not saying you're "off the wagon" by any means, just be careful. ^_^

Keep up the good work on SDE, enjoy your holiday weekend, and maybe let us know a little beforehand if you need to change plans in the future.!

November 23rd, 2017, 5:41 am
Bottle Cap

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair. I’m not American myself, but my understanding is that there’s a strong Thanksgiving tradition of spending time with one’s family, even if this involves several hours of travel. In this particular case, an inability to view the livestream could be due to social pressures rather than technical failures.

November 23rd, 2017, 8:09 pm
Denizen

from what I get from American comedy, It's a bit like Christmas used to be, a strong 'go and meet your family, spend time with them and piss off from the internet' so the original statement of 'ability to view it' is kinda valid. People are busy doing family-family stuff (in America, does that mean shooting people and moaning at 'commies' trying to protect people from your guns? ^_^) so putting it off a bit to when there is a better chance that people WILL be free and able to turn in is a good/okay thing..

now if we can get a audio feed only one with PiM (the uk based model designer) at a UK friendly time, that'll be great ^_^ I don't or can't expect people to decide to work out of job hours early in the morning in order to be uk friendly. It's an American company and that fact (despite the internet claiming to bring everyone together) needs to be respected.. It also needs to be respected the amount of out of hours work these guys seam to do. I wonder if the company gives good overtime... in the uk, that's time and a half, what's it in America? do they have overtime?

November 23rd, 2017, 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

OH I can't remember if we got an answer, and it's not in the FAQ so for Justin (for next update or Wednesday)

Will all cards (including Pet, as we have seen with the Boss Fights) be the same size? so while old Pet cards are valid, the new ones will be full sized?

November 23rd, 2017, 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

'Will all cards (including Pet, as we have seen with the Boss Fights) be the same size? so while old Pet cards are valid, the new ones will be full sized?'

I think ManicMan has a very good question there and I too would like to know.

November 24th, 2017, 1:35 pm
Bottle Cap

Gregstrom wrote:
I’m not sure that’s entirely fair. I’m not American myself, but my understanding is that there’s a strong Thanksgiving tradition of spending time with one’s family, even if this involves several hours of travel. In this particular case, an inability to view the livestream could be due to social pressures rather than technical failures.

As a lifelong American citizen, it's more than fair.
The idea of people traveling great distances to see their families is greatly exaggerated. Most people have Thanksgiving dinner with their immediate family, without significant travel (significant being more than an hour or two). I've worked on both coasts of the country(meaning they would be more likely to have to travel, being on the outer edges of the continent) in large offices, and speaking from personal interactions I can tell you that no more then 10% (really probably less than 5%) of the people in my offices travel to see family each year. It's a pretty small ratio, nowhere near significant enough to pretend there's a major travel impact the day before.

I'm not super upset about this, as should have been clear from my earlier post.
I was simply pointing out that it's a pretty ridiculous flimsy explanation to cover the far more likely scenario in which, like most people I've worked with for the last decade, they just wanted to get out of the office early to enjoy their longer weekend. That's such a common thing here in the states that they could have easily said something a few days ahead and no one would have questioned it. It's the whole "honest answer" vs a "thinly veiled white lie". The end result is the same either way, but getting a flimsy explanation at the last second harkens back to the way this project was being managed not that long ago. It's not some horrible damning thing, but it is a little bit concerning to see those old habits pop back up so soon after the last Kickstarter project finished.

November 25th, 2017, 2:15 am
Denizen

exaggerated, yes.. but we would need a big survey to say for sure cause I can name TONS of American friends and relations which do travel, sometimes for significant amount of time (personally, being in a smaller country, I see an hours travel as a long time.. but then, I have problems ^_^).

so.. it's a very weak explanation to cover the truth that they are lying to us? !SODA!.. that means all the American TV shows which stop for thanksgiving are really stopping because production is SOO far behind they want to lie about it..

sorry Danny, but you do seam to be part of the nothing-anyone-can-do-now-is-right group.. I might be wrong but.. it does seam like it.. anything they say which is against what you think is a lie.. mm.. you ever thought about entering politics?

November 25th, 2017, 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
OH I can't remember if we got an answer, and it's not in the FAQ so for Justin (for next update or Wednesday)

Will all cards (including Pet, as we have seen with the Boss Fights) be the same size? so while old Pet cards are valid, the new ones will be full sized?

Yes, all cards will be full sized.

November 27th, 2017, 5:43 pm
Employee

ManicMan wrote:
exaggerated, yes.. but we would need a big survey to say for sure cause I can name TONS of American friends and relations which do travel, sometimes for significant amount of time (personally, being in a smaller country, I see an hours travel as a long time.. but then, I have problems ^_^).

so.. it's a very weak explanation to cover the truth that they are lying to us? !SODA!.. that means all the American TV shows which stop for thanksgiving are really stopping because production is SOO far behind they want to lie about it..

sorry Danny, but you do seam to be part of the nothing-anyone-can-do-now-is-right group.. I might be wrong but.. it does seam like it.. anything they say which is against what you think is a lie.. mm.. you ever thought about entering politics?

Please don't make it personal.

November 27th, 2017, 5:43 pm
Denizen

Sorry ^_^ I shouldn't raise to troll bait..

oh and thanks about the cards ^_^ now I can prepare for the new cards

November 27th, 2017, 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133  Next