View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131
 Legends Update Thread 
Denizen

BUGGER! just figured out the Midnight queen.. I forgot about the one detail... sigh..

to quote old Handbook:
"Soon after the birth of Amethyst, the queen mysteriously disappeared."
Queen that looks a lot like Amethyst but older..

November 8th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

There's a possibility.

I still think that Ametnyst has an alter ego. I suspect that one of the campaigns that SPM are making will be a sort of Redemption for the Mitnight Queen- where the heroes separate her from whatever evil force is controlling her- after which Amethyst as a hero makes perfect sense.

But there's really no reason why the Midnight Queen couldn't be Amethyst's mother. But remember- she's not just Amethyst's mother, she would also be mother to Ruby, Emerald, Citrine and Saphire. I don't think she has a resemblance to all of them- just to Amethyst.

November 8th, 2017, 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Since Aurora's kids look nothing like each other, and we don't know what the King Jasper III looks like, it's hard to say.. This isn't Disney where the boys look like the father and the girls like the mother. If we go via 'real life', then some eye colours are not as strong genes as others.. and even then, we have mostly mothers eye colour and fathers. Out of the princesses, we have 3 eye colours: Blue, Green and Orange. (Ruby's eyes are a different shade but also blue, and Amethyst's are a shade of green). Genetically, that would say one is the mother, one is the father and one is a throw-back gene. Now we also have 4-ish hair colours.. 2 throw-backs is unlikely but possible. There is no reference directly to any looking more like there parents then another or anything. There are a couple of.. odd contradictions but nothing of any note in this context.

and of course, the prophecy says the 5 girls are coloured gems imbued in their hearts. And apart from Ruby, that seams to have a outward sign too (hair colour, eyes etc). I think some things depend on what the 'current time' is. First King as not long after the Dark Consul was banished. Time is tracked based on this. King Jasper III found his bride on the 780th year after banishment. Not long after they got together, they started having kids. over 7 years, four daughters were born. Then the 5th was born when it marked 10 years of them being married.. They married not long after getting together.. so lets say 5 years max.. so then Amethyst was born, it was round 795AB (After Banishment). The Queen left not long after that, Amethyst left 16 years after that. So 811AB.

While it's said we don't know when the Midnight Queen took her role, it appears to have been some time.. so we need to know the current time to know how long.. Barring any form of Time travel not yet said about, knowing roughtly how long she has been around is a possible key fact. When Amethyst left, Sapphire was around 23 years old. if it's been 20 years, she is now 43.. No offense to anyone but.. I doubt she is 43 if things age (as they appear to for Humans) in earth years.

Anyway.. short of the new Handbook or 'Shadow of the Queen' campaign, I doubt anything will give much information on this.

November 9th, 2017, 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Minion

I don't think this has been posted on the forums yet, but a neat creation video for one of the pets:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/deWtc2bv4Bo[/youtube]

Edit: I don't know how to embed youtube vids in this forum, so here is the link :D

https://youtu.be/deWtc2bv4Bo

November 16th, 2017, 4:18 pm
Denizen

I think it was on the KS some time back along with Overload Okami and the Forge Gnome (the only creep, I might add, NOT to appear on the Bosses of Legends art).

might be wrong though.

November 16th, 2017, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131