View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 16th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 133  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
though it still makes them as the Alt profiles stupid as they are more a preview of future warband sets

Yeah, I also have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand those concepts are absolutely fantastic and I'd love to have minis for them (crabs and seahorse knight are amazing ^^). It would be a shame if they didn't get minis at some point. On the other hand... they won't work as simple alt profile for purposes of painting. A shame, because alt profiles are great when there are models for extra spawners available... and often there are.

Haha, I'd actually be happy if SPM started a kickstarter with alt-profile-new-sculpts theme ;D. But after wave 1 is delivered, at earliest :P.

October 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
I wonder who on the SP account posted that though... but okay, I missed that bit.. though it still makes them as the Alt profiles stupid as they are more a preview of future warband sets

Hmmm... maybe they're gonna be, like, a one- time- offfer limited resin type deal.

There are some models you could easily mod into the Alt elves though; the Royal Knight mini boss could make a decent Arcadian "Knight of the Tower" since they're both on horseback.

October 11th, 2017, 4:29 pm
Denizen

I think the Knight of the Tower is a weird one for alt profile.. The Knight of the Tower is the mini-boss.. I didn't notice Alt mini-boss Profiles for Rex, Boris or Trent.. the fact that Trent says he was originally from Mistmourn would lend it more towards being Mistmourn (I keep getting that wrong as mournmist) Treants.. OF course, like other Chimeras of the Forgotten king, Boris is meant to be part of his army that was turn into a Chimera so alt profiles are odd, but that hasn't effected the other bramble knights.. so it's kinda odd..

October 11th, 2017, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
I wonder who on the SP account posted that though...

Not 100% sure, I think it was John, so I believe we will get to them, eventually.

October 11th, 2017, 5:34 pm
Bottle Cap

c2h5oc2h5 wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
though it still makes them as the Alt profiles stupid as they are more a preview of future warband sets

Yeah, I also have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand those concepts are absolutely fantastic and I'd love to have minis for them (crabs and seahorse knight are amazing ^^). It would be a shame if they didn't get minis at some point. On the other hand... they won't work as simple alt profile for purposes of painting. A shame, because alt profiles are great when there are models for extra spawners available... and often there are.

Haha, I'd actually be happy if SPM started a kickstarter with alt-profile-new-sculpts theme ;D. But after wave 1 is delivered, at earliest :P.

Don't be surprised if that happens with the alt brambles and alt kodama. The Cursed Knight spawn points featured billmen in full regalia with brambles growing out of them, and grobbits missing an eye and droopy ears; minor edits, but still cosmetic none the less. we haven't even seen the alt kodama or dragonback chimera yet... :|

October 11th, 2017, 7:46 pm
Mini-Boss

And Rex will get an alt profile, too if memory serves me right.

October 12th, 2017, 9:53 am
Denizen

I see Kobold Orge and 'rex' profile cards so atleast one it seams.

A bit surprised that with the major change of spiders into crabs, the Arcadian spiders aren't scorpions.. at least they are still arachnids.. though I believe Horseshoe crabs and sea spiders are closely related to arachnids.

anyway.. erm.. not trying to be nasty but.. do a lot of kickstarter posts have an almost total lack of ability to read? like for the lasted they say they are showing some Master models, and even comment that they are then used to make the molds.. then someone is moaning that they don't seam to be final casts... seemly paying no attention to the bit saying what Masters are..

Still not 100% sure on the fact if we WILL be getting two copies of the Arachne model.. it was stated early on that they always planned to give two copies, then they came up with the Hero Profile, so it seams still two models.. but then seamed to kinda move towards 1 model but with both profiles.. and the only firm reply on if we are still getting two models is "you will get what you pledged for".. which kinda says yes, but doesn't really confirm that

October 12th, 2017, 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Livestream Q&A again next week (Wednesday). Here's hoping for more good news and less horse-head.

October 12th, 2017, 2:16 pm
Denizen

horse-head?

October 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

One of the guys in the last Q&A Livestream put on a horse head mask near the end of the broadcast. I'm sure they were just nervous and tired, but it didn't seem appropriate for the occasion. Things are pretty serious at this point.

Not a huge deal, I'd just rather have clear, concise, expeditious answers to community questions. Especially since they seem to be taking 3+ weeks to answer emails right now, so this is the only way a lot of people are getting answers.

October 12th, 2017, 3:30 pm
Bottle Cap

You know what would've been cool? For princess Amethyst to come with a Pet card for Daemonus like Brave Mode Candy has for Never-Lost Cola. That way, if you buy Princess Amethyst as a hero, the Arcade Box has added benefit.

Just like in the story, how princess Amethyst goes everywhere with Daemonus :D

October 13th, 2017, 2:17 am
Bottle Cap

Tarlach wrote:

One of the guys in the last Q&A Livestream put on a horse head mask near the end of the broadcast. I'm sure they were just nervous and tired, but it didn't seem appropriate for the occasion. Things are pretty serious at this point.

Not a huge deal, I'd just rather have clear, concise, expeditious answers to community questions. Especially since they seem to be taking 3+ weeks to answer emails right now, so this is the only way a lot of people are getting answers.

Honestly, and this is coming from someone who's been pretty skeptical the whole way through this mess, I'm really not bothered by the horse head mask thing. Keep in mind that they, and I think most of Soda Pop/Ninja Division, were blindsided in a way by the outrage of a new Kickstarter project when so many were still so far behind. I'll be blunt in saying that they wouldn't have been blindsided if people were paying a proper amount of attention, but so long as they maintain better communication and real progress I'm not going to hold that over their heads too aggressively. Keep in mind this isn't a huge company like Microsoft or Asmodee, it's a relatively small group that formed largely out of a love for the sort of products they make. These are mostly geeks and gamers(both words that I use with positive intent behind them), who happen to have a knack for creating high quality content. It's a good bet that most of them have little or no experience doing this sort of thing in a more formal corporate environment, and especially not with direct interaction to their consumers like that. It's that difference between a marketer and a designer -the marketer might sound and look a lot more professional on screen, but the designer is the one I really want to see and hear from. I don't expect creative types to be 100% formal and rigid, in fact it worries me when I see that sort of thing. Good creative types don't generally "reign in" perfectly for public interactions, especially off the cuff interactions. These weren't prepared statements, it was a raw and (optimistically) honest Q&A session. They answered every question that came through to the best that they could at that time. They didn't sugar coat things, and they gave answers to the tough questions we've been waiting on. If they were dodging questions, or going on ignoring is altogether I might be upset, but they did an admirable job and stayed on longer than initially intended to make sure they got every question they could.

So I'm not bothered by the house head thing at all. It's a popular gamer culture thing (Nope, I don't particularly "get" it even though I'm a gamer, but that's okay) and it seemed pretty clear that the guys were still in a bit of shock about all the backlash. I'm sure they'll do better with there future Livestreams, and I wouldn't honestly worry if they were still a little "odd".

October 13th, 2017, 5:37 pm
Denizen

Never here of the gaming culture thing of a horse head... though I don't keep up with modern American cultural trends..

all I can say is "Life's a game, so what the heck" I don't know if it's more a British way of making a laugh about most things, or at least an old British way but it's something I've known all my life. someone is hurt, sometimes pretty bad, make a joke with them about it.

October 13th, 2017, 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Employee

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
...and I wouldn't honestly worry if they were still a little "odd".

That's easy for you to say. He won't take it off. It's been weeks.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

October 13th, 2017, 6:03 pm
Bottle Cap

ive said this a bunch of times before but ninja division and soda pop are way too ambitious with too few resources and thats why we are where we are right now. The usually have multiple kickstarters up and constantly add new ideas and sculpts to them. Its a disservice to the fans that back all this stuff that they take almost no money out of pocket to design and manufacture these games and continue to delay them, with other peoples money invested. im done with this rant.

October 14th, 2017, 5:20 pm
Bottle Cap

ND_Justin wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
...and I wouldn't honestly worry if they were still a little "odd".

That's easy for you to say. He won't take it off. It's been weeks.

I wouldn't worry too much, they're mostly harmless from a distance, and they look darn classy at times.

I suspect you might be able to convert them into tabletop gamers too. Which, of course, means more testers!

Just be careful not to get to close, and always wash your hands after handling, I hear they've got some serious contagions. While mostly harmless, you don't necessarily want an outbreak around the office.

Best of luck, stay safe, and sparkleburst!

October 14th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Employee

Hi all,

We have a bit of an announcement to make.

We have already moved our updates from Fridays to Wednesdays to allow us to better address any questions that the updates may generate. In addition to this we are making one more change to the way we do our updates: from this point forward we will put out an update every other week.

Last week we had an update on Wednesday and this week we are doing a livestream instead of an update, so the next Super Dungeon: Legends update will be next week, Wednesday 10/25/17. And the next update after that will be Wednesday 11/1/17, etc.

We will also be doing one livestream every month, scheduled on a Wednesday with no update.

We are making this change so that we can give you more meaningful updates. Our weekly update schedule has left us with some updates that were, frankly, lackluster. We want to have enough time between updates in order to show you some real progress and make each update more meaningful, rather than having to put up updates with "filler" just to hit our weekly schedule.

This new schedule also allows time for our monthly livestreams, which we hope will be a great way for you to engage with us here at the studio and get your questions answered.

And, of course, we will check this comment section every work day and address your concerns as best we can. We will do this until you all have your pledges.

We also want to talk a little about the timing of this announcement. We have seen some concern that communication will drop off once Starfinder ends. That is not going to happen. We were originally going to make this announcement during the livestream tomorrow, but we realized it may look as if we waited for Starfinder to end to announce we were doing fewer updates. So we came on here now, to let you guys know the plan ahead of time. And again, this is simply a change to make each individual update more meaningful, and to allow more time for livestreams which we hope will be a great way to communicate with you. It's about maintaining higher quality communication for the remainder of this kickstarter.

-Deke & Justin

October 17th, 2017, 5:20 pm
Denizen

makes sense to me. I'm sure the vocal's will moan there heads off and some are (by the look of the KS comments) moaning at 'lackluster' updates.
Though I could say something that might work would be a kinda rotating like trying to do weekly by rotating between update one week, the next week just some questions or something.. but really, this is a bit of a 'not much to say' period.. Manufacture starts November, delivery is expected April for wave 1. Digital Sculpts (and a number of physical) have been shown. Classic and Arcade rules are locked down, Legends rules are currently in tweaking.. Not too much more to say is there.. so fortnightly updates seam fine to me..

Oh, I would love to see a preview of an NPC token so we know what they look like ^_^

October 17th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
Hi all,

We have a bit of an announcement to make.

We have already moved our updates from Fridays to Wednesdays to allow us to better address any questions that the updates may generate. In addition to this we are making one more change to the way we do our updates: from this point forward we will put out an update every other week.

Last week we had an update on Wednesday and this week we are doing a livestream instead of an update, so the next Super Dungeon: Legends update will be next week, Wednesday 10/25/17. And the next update after that will be Wednesday 11/1/17, etc.

We will also be doing one livestream every month, scheduled on a Wednesday with no update.

We are making this change so that we can give you more meaningful updates. Our weekly update schedule has left us with some updates that were, frankly, lackluster. We want to have enough time between updates in order to show you some real progress and make each update more meaningful, rather than having to put up updates with "filler" just to hit our weekly schedule.

This new schedule also allows time for our monthly livestreams, which we hope will be a great way for you to engage with us here at the studio and get your questions answered.

And, of course, we will check this comment section every work day and address your concerns as best we can. We will do this until you all have your pledges.

We also want to talk a little about the timing of this announcement. We have seen some concern that communication will drop off once Starfinder ends. That is not going to happen. We were originally going to make this announcement during the livestream tomorrow, but we realized it may look as if we waited for Starfinder to end to announce we were doing fewer updates. So we came on here now, to let you guys know the plan ahead of time. And again, this is simply a change to make each individual update more meaningful, and to allow more time for livestreams which we hope will be a great way to communicate with you. It's about maintaining higher quality communication for the remainder of this kickstarter.

-Deke & Justin

Justin just to clarify: Is this only for Legends Kickstarter (the Wednesday updats and the livestream)? For Rail Raiders and Way of the Fighters there was no announcement of updates moving to Wednesday. Backers of those two Kickstarters only got an update posted 2 weeks after the Starfinder Livestream (that attempted to address the issues surrounding every project). It appears that Scott (I assume the same one that handles customer service/email in the past) is now on the Rail Raiders Infinite comment section. Is John not the Project Creator of those two projects. Or is it Dave who appears to be in charge of the Rail Raiders Infinite updates early in the campaign not in charge of it?

Edit: I asked this because the communication for Rail Raiders Infinite/Way of the Fighter have dropped off before the Starfinder Campaign has ended. I can speculate the reasons for it, but the speculation does not really help rectify the situation. The situatoin as of now only enrages the already angry vocal backers and make the less vocal ones even more upset.

October 17th, 2017, 6:38 pm
Employee

akai wrote:
Justin just to clarify: Is this only for Legends Kickstarter (the Wednesday updats and the livestream)? For Rail Raiders and Way of the Fighters there was no announcement of updates moving to Wednesday. Backers of those two Kickstarters only got an update posted 2 weeks after the Starfinder Livestream (that attempted to address the issues surrounding every project). It appears that Scott (I assume the same one that handles customer service/email in the past) is now on the Rail Raiders Infinite comment section. Is John not the Project Creator of those two projects. Or is it Dave who appears to be in charge of the Rail Raiders Infinite updates early in the campaign not in charge of it?

Edit: I asked this because the communication for Rail Raiders Infinite/Way of the Fighter have dropped off before the Starfinder Campaign has ended. I can speculate the reasons for it, but the speculation does not really help rectify the situation. The situatoin as of now only enrages the already angry vocal backers and make the less vocal ones even more upset.

The changes to updates I'm referring to are only affecting Legends. I work with Deke getting the Legends updates ready and responding to comments. If changes were made regarding Rail Raiders or Way of the Fighter I am not aware of them (but I would not necessarily be - they are not my projects).

The livestream is primarily surrounding Legends and Relic Knights as Deke will be doing it and he is handling those two projects, and is not as involved with Rail Raiders or Way of the Fighter as much. That said, feel free to pop in with questions about those projects, I'm just not certain he will have answers. But asking never hurts.

John is still in charge of updates for Way of the Fighter and Rail Raiders. Scott (who indeed handles customer service) is responding to comments there. If Dave was ever involved with those updates it was likely before my time here (or, again, I was simply not aware of it as it's not my wheelhouse).

I think there is simply less to say about those projects as they are completed and we're waiting for things to get here. But again, not my area.

October 17th, 2017, 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131 ... 133  Next