View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2017, 7:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 2351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 118  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Author Message
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2015, 4:47 pm
Posts: 232
InfinityMax wrote:
insider714, you seem to just be trying to get people riled up. God knows that horrible GIF is about to send me into an epileptic coma. You complain about cutting costs and then, when given examples of extra stuff we're getting, you ask if it's necessary - as if that would be a good place to cut costs. So which is it? Are you accusing Ninja Division of being cheap or of being wasteful? It really seems to me like you should pick one or the other.


I'm not REALLY accusing them of being either. I'm accusing them of being inefficient, if anything.


May 15th, 2017, 10:04 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:33 pm
Posts: 195
.... so this is it?

Midnight Tower is now merged with Arcade mode?

What happened to "We will be back with updates and designer diary next week!" from May 12?

Still nothing of substance to share about Legends, at all? And no answers to any of the Q's asked in the past week?


May 19th, 2017, 10:56 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: September 26th, 2014, 6:38 pm
Posts: 345
Give them a moment - they haven't decided what the product is going to be for this week yet.


May 19th, 2017, 11:02 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:33 pm
Posts: 195
growlley wrote:
Give them a moment - they haven't decided what the product is going to be for this week yet.


How much moment do they need for that if it took them a week to come up with the utter lack of update they gave us today?


May 19th, 2017, 11:04 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 8:15 pm
Posts: 844
Location: Ohio
I just wanted to really thank Justin for what he has done. Besides your role as a designer, I appreciate all the feedback and insight you've given us. I honestly think you're the best part of this whole Kickstarter. If you say that good things are coming, I believe you.


May 20th, 2017, 12:39 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: April 9th, 2016, 8:11 am
Posts: 95
Wow!!!!!! So IMPRESSIVE!!!

They managed to do WORSE!!

So, a true nothingness about Legends, plus an announcement so badly handled it raises a lot of questions... Great really!

I want to rejoin Eternaldream and underline the great job coming from Justin. May it inspire something to the whole company about how to communicate and go forward.


May 20th, 2017, 8:42 am
Profile
Bottle Cap
User avatar

Joined: January 16th, 2017, 10:31 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Spain
very sad the last update, two weeks without new information is too time. The beta test of legends was going to begin in last half of april and.. we are almost in june, this lack of information only provides desesperation and a terrifying feeling that the proyect doesn' t advance at all


May 20th, 2017, 8:47 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: December 10th, 2015, 10:33 pm
Posts: 195
So to recap - Spring shipping deadline for Wave 1 is going to be missed, again.

Still no real overview or substance information about Legends, the core component people backed the project for almost 2 years ago.

Justin proved he can work magic on a ruleset by turning the Classic / Arcade rules from boring and broken to challenging, balanced and fun to play. Unfortunately, this does nothing for Legends which is still under Deke's direction. And from the last couple of updates, it looks like even Deke and the rest of the SPM team have no idea what direction that might be.

SPM proved yet again its complete lack of ability to manage projects, kickstarter campaigns and communications.


May 20th, 2017, 9:21 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2015, 4:47 pm
Posts: 232
I myself am a little salty about the shadyness of this company that Justin just vouched for.

You mean to tell me that after purchasing a second "Classic 2.0 Box" I'm not getting the Hexcast and Deeproot Druid I was originally supposed to get in this extra box that I bought??? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Image


May 21st, 2017, 2:28 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Posts: 300
What happened to the Deeproot Druid?

Justin, if you're reading this, please give the Hexcast Sorceress her Hobbled Hands attack back. While the Cursed Concoction has the advantage of being an AoE, it's limited by the number of potions she has available. I think this "buff" makes her worse for her intended role, which is putting Hex & Bane on Bosses/Mini-Bosses.

_________________
My Minis: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4446


May 21st, 2017, 4:46 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2015, 4:47 pm
Posts: 232
Tranc wrote:
What happened to the Deeproot Druid?

Justin, if you're reading this, please give the Hexcast Sorceress her Hobbled Hands attack back. While the Cursed Concoction has the advantage of being an AoE, it's limited by the number of potions she has available. I think this "buff" makes her worse for her intended role, which is putting Hex & Bane on Bosses/Mini-Bosses.


According to a post on the SD Legends page, they're removing him from the Classic Box, i.e. since i bought an extra "New Player" Pledge, I'm getting shorted 3 models... >:(


May 21st, 2017, 5:08 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2015, 4:47 pm
Posts: 232
Tranc wrote:
What happened to the Deeproot Druid?

Justin, if you're reading this, please give the Hexcast Sorceress her Hobbled Hands attack back. While the Cursed Concoction has the advantage of being an AoE, it's limited by the number of potions she has available. I think this "buff" makes her worse for her intended role, which is putting Hex & Bane on Bosses/Mini-Bosses.


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... ts/1890188


May 21st, 2017, 5:08 am
Profile
Consul
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Posts: 2637
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Everyone is getting what they pledged for.
You get your minis - you get the cards you need - for classic and arcade.


Latest update seems to just concern retail - which is really irrelevant to share with us at this point.

Also think back... Yes, ND has royally f***ed up in many ways. Delays, bad planning, back to zero rules, etc...
But never ONCE, have I seen them try to cheat customers out of what they should get.
Au contraire... I've seen them give extra to make sure nobody is cheated.

Besides they would be signing their own death warrant if they tried to cheat customers out of models.

_________________
I'm Super Dungeon Excite!
Super Dungeon Explore Compendium


May 21st, 2017, 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 1st, 2016, 11:15 am
Posts: 225
Location: France
Goblin-King wrote:
Everyone is getting what they pledged for.
You get your minis - you get the cards you need - for classic and arcade.


Latest update seems to just concern retail - which is really irrelevant to share with us at this point.

Also think back... Yes, ND has royally f***ed up in many ways. Delays, bad planning, back to zero rules, etc...
But never ONCE, have I seen them try to cheat customers out of what they should get.
Au contraire... I've seen them give extra to make sure nobody is cheated.

Besides they would be signing their own death warrant if they tried to cheat customers out of models.


I think the same. But why then be so cryptic for the second time in 2 months ? Instead of the answers we were expecting, the last update raised even more questions :(
I understand what they do, I just don't get the logic behind HOW they do it...


May 21st, 2017, 5:40 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Posts: 300
insider714,

I think Alexandre Valois is making some questionable assumptions based on what hero rules were included in the beta test PDFs. It could be that the Hexcast Sorceress card was included in that file by mistake. It could be that you get a Sorceress in both Core 2.0 & Midnight Tower (there are female & male versions now after all). Unless an official source comes out and says that the Sorceress has been pulled from Core 2.0, I wouldn't believe it.

Regarding the Deeproot Druid, there doesn't seem to be any basis for the claim that he's been dropped from the Classic Box. The only thing I can think of is that Alexandre Valois checked the PDF for the Classic Heroes and didn't find the Druid. This would be expected, however, because they only included hero cards in the file where that stats had changed from Forgotten King. E.g., the Royal Paladin isn't in the PDF either. I'm all ears if someone has more information from a reliable source, but I think this is hysteria.

_________________
My Minis: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4446


May 21st, 2017, 5:46 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 1st, 2016, 11:15 am
Posts: 225
Location: France
@Tranc : here is your answer :

ND_Justin wrote:
To my knowledge Hexcast has never been scheduled for classic box. It has been:

Royal Paladin
Ember Mage
Glimmerdusk Ranger
Riftling Rogue
Hearthsworn Fighter
Clawtribe Barbarian

It's possible something changed before I was hired though. /shrug/


There you go.


May 21st, 2017, 5:53 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: April 16th, 2014, 6:41 pm
Posts: 245
Tranc wrote:
insider714,

I think Alexandre Valois is making some questionable assumptions based on what hero rules were included in the beta test PDFs. It could be that the Hexcast Sorceress card was included in that file by mistake. It could be that you get a Sorceress in both Core 2.0 & Midnight Tower (there are female & male versions now after all). Unless an official source comes out and says that the Sorceress has been pulled from Core 2.0, I wouldn't believe it.

Regarding the Deeproot Druid, there doesn't seem to be any basis for the claim that he's been dropped from the Classic Box. The only thing I can think of is that Alexandre Valois checked the PDF for the Classic Heroes and didn't find the Druid. This would be expected, however, because they only included hero cards in the file where that stats had changed from Forgotten King. E.g., the Royal Paladin isn't in the PDF either. I'm all ears if someone has more information from a reliable source, but I think this is hysteria.


Alexandre's speculation comes from Justin's answer on backer only forum. However we still must take it with a grain of salt until a more official source (Nekodachi or Deke) comments. For example, a comment that Hexcast was never planned as a part of Classic 2.0 isn't correct as it is clearly listed belonging to core box's hero on Kickstarter page. However, Justin joined later. And whatever is in retail Classic 2.0 doesn't really interest backers as long as they get their models, cards, rules and modes what were originally part of the deal.

ND_Justin wrote:
Millenia wrote:
Chozo Tull wrote:
So people buying one box get cards for another on the side ?

Not necessarily bad, but strikes me as odd.


And there is the fact that the hexcast sorceress appears in the card list for TMT. Which would mean she is no longer in the 2.0 box.

IMHO it is good adding some KS heroes (Sanctioned witch here for instance) in that big Arcade Box. The Hexcast box switch is more strange to my eyes.


To my knowledge Hexcast has never been scheduled for classic box. It has been:

Royal Paladin
Ember Mage
Glimmerdusk Ranger
Riftling Rogue
Hearthsworn Fighter
Clawtribe Barbarian

It's possible something changed before I was hired though. /shrug/


May 21st, 2017, 5:57 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Posts: 300
Thanks Millenia, I just found that post myself and came back here.

I think Justin is wrong, or at least hope so. Why would they mess with the classic heroes? They could have easily included Lunar Knight instead of Hexcast Sorceress if they needed a 6th hero. (In fact, I think Lunar Knight is the only stretch goal hero who's not an alt sculpt who doesn't have a home.)

Maybe we'll get some corrections on Monday like we did before.

_________________
My Minis: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4446


May 21st, 2017, 6:05 am
Profile
Consul
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2012, 8:00 pm
Posts: 2637
Location: Sønderholm, Denmark
Millenia wrote:
I think the same. But why then be so cryptic for the second time in 2 months ? Instead of the answers we were expecting, the last update raised even more questions :(

Because ND is utter utter rubbish at communication.
At least the game designer they hired is excellent at communication regarding the stuff he is working on.

I guess I can see the idea of giving people options for different starting points.
But why make a specific arcade and classic box? Isn't the only differences a rulebook, a deck and some charts? (Granted I haven't been following arcade that closely)
Just include both rules in both boxes like in FK.
Every box or blister that has models contains rules for both A & C like they already do now.

That means that no matter if you want to play A & C you can get either DBP or TMT based on which theme you like better.
Heck, two friends who'd like to play could get a different box each.

THAT would be good marketing imo.

_________________
I'm Super Dungeon Excite!
Super Dungeon Explore Compendium


May 21st, 2017, 6:13 am
Profile WWW
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: June 20th, 2014, 8:11 pm
Posts: 300
Goblin-King wrote:
But why make a specific arcade and classic box? Isn't the only differences a rulebook, a deck and some charts? (Granted I haven't been following arcade that closely)
Just include both rules in both boxes like in FK.

I think the reason is because they want SDE 2.0 to have a lower price point than Forgotten King, but they still want to make $$$. Requiring people to buy 2 starter sets if they want both Classic & Arcade rules helps to earn that $$$ back once people have gotten hooked on the game.

That doesn't bother me so much, but splitting up the classic 8 heroes seems wrong.

_________________
My Minis: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4446


May 21st, 2017, 6:33 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 ... 118  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.