View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently March 19th, 2019, 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

okay, everything fair enough with the article.. not 100% impressed myself but that's probably me (I think I said this before) but anyway.. good to see people fairly talking able it and saying why they felt it was better.. pretty good people ^_^

as for the game being nothing groundbreaking.. does it need to be these days? I see a lot of games even today which are pretty much just reskins of the same stuff. though I also see different companies doing things in different ways.. Warlord games which I think are just UK based, have totally rubbish rules, badly written, contradictions like mad.. they kinda think there figures are the main sell to the point that some of the booster packs don't have the cards needed to play using them (and in fact, a number of the cards are Still unreleased in any form.) yet there figures aren't that great.. and they use metal.. for 28mm figure scale with human realistic sizing (unlike older ones like D&D which use a slightly warped scale) having them in metal just decreases detail... unforgivable ¬_¬;

some companies, like Whizkids with the Dicemasters, clearly use the license as the be all and end all of the game, as they just release the same game tons of times with the pictures being changed to whatever license, though some other games relay on being a 'me too' game... though I look at most computer games these days, successful ones are the me too range which almost killed the business sin 1984..

================

February 11th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
as for the game being nothing groundbreaking.. does it need to be these days?

It doesn't, it wasn't, a lot of us were here for the models, and dare I say it, if we had the models but no update to the rules, we'd all be significantly less angry.

February 12th, 2019, 2:05 am
Mini-Boss

Personally.. the models are great, but I want the game to be good.. else I would stick with statues and stuff.. The mix is important to me..

also, I see a lot of anger about Warlord games releasing figures without rules to play using them.. and there figures aren't as good (and there game is just another game they did reskinned and badly written)

================

February 12th, 2019, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Dungeon Boss

Well, the newest update:

Archon says that they haven't been paid for Relic Knights and Starfinder miniatures that they have produced. Unfortunately, they had to pay taxes and VAT when they issued the invoice (Polish law sounds wonky to me) and storing the miniatures is costing them money.

At some point (possibly very soon) they might have to ditch the inventory. They have considered finding a solution with Paizo for backers of Starfinder, and possibly sending the RK minis out to backers of their Kickstarters as free extras.

JSC confirmed that Archon has not been paid, and that they're still trying to find a solution. He has also confirmed that they have Way of the Fighter minis in their warhouse that they'd like to ship out.

February 13th, 2019, 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

JSC?

and... I would like to know why they paid VAT on issues of invoices.. with my (though limited, which is why I'm wondering about more information) understanding, the polish VAT act and regulations are based on the EU legislation, though the act itself allows counties some leeway in places, which doesn't give any charge for issuing an invoice.... probably nothing up there or anything, but I'm interested that this doesn't make sense.. I know the new changes haven't come into force yet, and I'm not quite fully understanding the spilt vat but still.. Might be interesting to find out what's up.... cause I'm quite interested to know about this major part of polish law in regards invoices which seams to be unknown to me (and I did a quick search and found nothing) on.. Trying to remember if I know any polish people who might know... I don't think so.. I think Norway is the closest I can get...

================

February 13th, 2019, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
JSC?

and... I would like to know why they paid VAT on issues of invoices.. with my (though limited, which is why I'm wondering about more information) understanding, the polish VAT act and regulations are based on the EU legislation, though the act itself allows counties some leeway in places, which doesn't give any charge for issuing an invoice.... probably nothing up there or anything, but I'm interested that this doesn't make sense.. I know the new changes haven't come into force yet, and I'm not quite fully understanding the spilt vat but still.. Might be interesting to find out what's up.... cause I'm quite interested to know about this major part of polish law in regards invoices which seams to be unknown to me (and I did a quick search and found nothing) on.. Trying to remember if I know any polish people who might know... I don't think so.. I think Norway is the closest I can get...

John Starck Cadice.

You're telling me you white knight for SPM/Ninja Division so much in this thread and you don't even know the guy behind this whole mess?
Geez.

February 14th, 2019, 3:28 pm
Mini-Boss

I know of John Cadice, just not personally, and I wouldn't say he was behind it all, also, I don't know him personally enough to know his middle name..

if you want to throw abuse at me or anyone else mindlessly like that, go to the KS.. It's full of vemon and bile or better yet, try YouTube.. that is really full of it.

We are trying to behave as grown up here, even if it is grown ups playing family game

================

February 14th, 2019, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
JSC confirmed that Archon has not been paid, and that they're still trying to find a solution. He has also confirmed that they have Way of the Fighter minis in their warhouse that they'd like to ship out.

Majority of the regular miniatures are in Ninja Division's warehouse. If update contain factual information. They have at least 14 of the fighters. Confirmation was also made by Archon that they handled only the regular WoTF miniatures. The chibi versions is being produced from someone else (likely the USA manufacturer that was mentioned in the updates).

February 14th, 2019, 6:48 pm
Moderator Ninja

Just a reminder, be civil to each other :)

February 16th, 2019, 2:47 am
Mini-Boss

yep. Fully agree. It's just some people think huge personal insults are civil ¬_¬

================

February 16th, 2019, 10:05 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

JazzFlight wrote:
ManicMan wrote:
JSC?

John Starck Cadice.

You're telling me you white knight for SPM/Ninja Division so much in this thread and you don't even know the guy behind this whole mess?
Geez.

says the fool spouting miss information in other threads lmao, grow up.

February 20th, 2019, 4:25 am
Minion

The ainvoice issue could be due to Archon operating on an invoice basis for taxation: Archon made the minis, they issued an invoice to ND for production of the minis, ND didnt pay. Irrespective of Archon getting a payment or not, they would be liable to pay VAT and other taxes a set time after the invoice is issued (usually around 3 months). If they had operated ona cash basis then the tax would be due a time after they were paid, but thats usually only for smaller companies. They might be able to claw back the tax when the write the ND invoice off as a bad debt.

Now this is all based on my knowledge of Irish tax law, not sure how much crossover with Polish tax law there might be but can assume the concepts of "when you pay tax on a service/production" can really only be at the time of invoice issue (when the service/production was agreed) or when the payment was received (when the service/production ended) are fairly universal and has to have some grounding with polish tax law.

February 25th, 2019, 1:18 pm
Mini-Boss

I think the Archon rep Jarek said something along those lines. Hoping they get something figured out.

February 25th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190