View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Mini-Boss

Good luck in your future

================

November 1st, 2018, 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Dungeon Boss

@Scott - Thank you for your contributions to the community.

November 1st, 2018, 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ND_Scott wrote:
'Evening everyone,

It is now my turn to say thank you.

Today is my final day at Ninja Division Publishing, and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to interact with this community.

This was my beginning in this industry, and I have all of you to thank, just as much as Ninja Division, for the skills and talents that I've learned.

Due to your feedback and passion, I was able to see Justin grow what we had in SDE: The Forgotten King and Relic Knights into these wonderful new editions, which I am excited for you to play.

Every opportunity to watch him design, or to learn new software or techniques, I owe to your interest in what we were building.

I am very proud of what we created together, and I remain supportive of my friends at Ninja Division and their endeavors.

I believe in them, and I am hopeful that we'll all be playing Super Dungeon Legends soon.

Thank you, and I hope we see each other again.

-Scott Davis, CSR Ninja Division Publishing, LLC

Thanks for all the time you put into genuinely trying to help the community and trying to encourage more positive communication between your employer and it's customers. While it didn't always go well and some people were quite vocal in their displeasure, please remember that was not frustration with you Scott. You clearly did everything that you could in the situation, and we appreciate you for it. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

November 1st, 2018, 10:13 pm
Denizen

SCOTT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

November 3rd, 2018, 12:12 pm
Bottle Cap

Mhhh I don't know what's happening here. I latebacked last December and all I read is 2 ND staff members have left ND...
Let's hope for SDE:L that we will get this game :)

November 5th, 2018, 10:04 pm
Mini-Boss

Justin was a hired for a set reason which is now over, so that's his job done really. I can't remember what Scott's job was (sorry).. from his last sig.. CSR but that's an American title I dont' really understand and doesn't really seam to mean much as it's mostly just the company policy... But what I saw him doing was mostly Customer relations which, seeing how some people went really over the top, can't have been an easy job at times.

================

November 5th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Scott was the customer service rep/ninja. It sounded like he was in charge of answering emails, posting the updates to the KS (when he was given any) and helping out around the office/warehouse (packing, shipping, working the pledge manager/shipping system, store issues, etc.)

November 6th, 2018, 4:16 pm
Mini-Boss

Ah yes.. Customer Service.. the old Public relations job.. I kinda should keep up to date with some of these terms but.. what's the point.. Do they still have Nippy's in London does anyone know? it's been some time since I was there.. while it's kinda fairly close (30-1 hour train ride), I have little reason for going to that hell hole.. (I don't do crowds.. Don't and can't)

================

November 7th, 2018, 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

Ninja Division replied to a Attorney General complaint from a backer. It explains about the current situation very clearly. This project still requires $745,992 (estimate) before it can be fully completed. This monetary situation hasn't been made public earlier (though we guessed there are issues) to avoid a situation where all the backers would start requesting refunds or their business partners would become afraid to make investments with Ninja Division.

Ninja Division states that their primary income source is Super Dungeon (thus I'm sad they have focused on secondary products first). However, their sales and cash flow has declined due to not getting a new SDE product into the market. Thus they have had to move into a smaller facility (there was update or comment about the change in the past), employee furlough/layoffs (at least known are Justin and Scott) and inventory liquidation (I believe Ninja All-Stars repackaging for SDE, re-miniature usage in Ninja Squad and sale where they sold random Super Dungeon models are part of these actions).

Ninja Division mentions that the community negativity has brought extra challenge and most likely have effected on sales. I personally think that negativity brought by this unknown situation (before this reply to AG complaint) / years of delays is understandable. Growing negativity is a part of project management risk. I still see the bigger issue comes from how company is/was lead. It's very bad project management to launch multiple KS projects one after another and hope they bring enough revenue. I know they have understood this mistake in the past. Some rare companies are capable of doing this, but not all and I already have seen a KS case where this resulted into bankruptcy. I think there are only a few well organized companies that can handle multiple KS projects: CMON and Awaken Realms.

There are still a few options so a small ray of hope remains. A different company could acquisite their studio (or perhaps just purchase the Super Dungeon franchise?) and help fulfilling Ninja Division's obligations. Ninja Division also says that they have a manufacturing partner who is capable of producing Super Dungeon Arcade on credit. I personally think that starting manufacturing from the cooperative Arcade box is the right call. If sales are successful, it's possible that manufacturing other products could be continued. I guess the idea here is that their existing SDE products start to sell better at the same time due to now having a new core box in the market.

November 11th, 2018, 7:59 pm
Mini-Boss

kinda what's expected from what they have said in the past (due to delay issues on various parts including there own and health) money invested in making of moulds and the like was pretty much strapped,

Negativity is one thing, I think a lot of it was way over blown (and I'll probably keep saying that trying to bankrupt a company and harm / and/or kill members of the staff is totally uncalled for), and it's already been pointed out that they are suffering from not being able to release new SD stuff.

A few other options but more interested to just see how it goes. If enough of there stuff (or stuff they are working freelance for) does okay, that'll help of course. common sense.

Thanks for the info

================

November 11th, 2018, 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Well... that news made a big enough impact to find me. And I have one thing to say... did anyone ever share a "real" print and play file, arcade and explore/classic? I know they gave us the images of high enough resolution in a pdf, but they don't seem to be formatted in a useful way if I were to walk into a print place. Not to mention not having the backs for some of the arcade specific decks if I remember correctly. Figured I may be burned, but I still have enough plastic laying around to make it fun for the family without too much further investment and I don't see much of a light for me getting the materials at this point unless I do it myself.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you may share!

November 12th, 2018, 1:56 pm
Mini-Boss

Squirrel wrote:
Well... that news made a big enough impact to find me. And I have one thing to say... did anyone ever share a "real" print and play file, arcade and explore/classic? I know they gave us the images of high enough resolution in a pdf, but they don't seem to be formatted in a useful way if I were to walk into a print place. Not to mention not having the backs for some of the arcade specific decks if I remember correctly. Figured I may be burned, but I still have enough plastic laying around to make it fun for the family without too much further investment and I don't see much of a light for me getting the materials at this point unless I do it myself.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you may share!

(Note. I had a HUGE reply with other information, currently about 2 A4 pages worth, which was good I felt, with more to add.. but due to stupid modern designers and the 'get the keyboard as flat as possible with as smaller keys as possible' view stuck in there small heads.. it lost it all... not happy about that.. not having a great time right now anyway but.. i'll try to keep calm and carry on as well as I can..)

The news isn't as bad or as good as it could be. some of it is upsetting, some understandable, some good news.. Some peoples hatered and moaning, as stated before, is perfectly find and okay, but since they want physical harm to SPM/ND staff workers, as well as harm to Games workshop, IDW (a company I have no love for), Sony Pictures, the persons and estates of Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, (in part, John Belushi), Lowell Cunningham, and I guess Tommy Lee Jones & Will Smith, I cannot see how this is in any form productive and not just a sign of what americans call 'a total arsehole'. They are on purpose and knowingly trying to stop ANY chance that SD will carry on or even refund backers money. So on a personal level, they are trying to steal £300 from me and burn it. On a non-personal level which includes me, they are trying to steal all the money the backers paid and burn it. They are making sure there are NO winners, only losers.. and think they win because they can taste the blood on their lips..

Okay.. sorry.. a but hateful myself there.. I'll try to reign in down.. I feel the comment and statement should stay, but i'll accept I made a mistake and made it too harsh. I accept my mistakes. I will say Sorry when it is due..

anyway.. For the cards, the E-Proofs are layed out and fully printable, Squirrel. If you don't have these, they are easy enough to get so PM me and i'll send the PDFs for you. Your print shop should be able to print the rule books from the normal PDFs with a book layout without problem (most printers and/or software for home, office, or business can handle this..) If they cannot, just ask (again, in the PM might be nice ^_^) and i'll do some layout of them for you so you can get them printed quickly.

================

November 12th, 2018, 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Thank you for the response!

Trying to keep my opinions of recent events to in person conversations only since I do not have any productive comments to add to the wider community (though upon re-reading my original post I can see I already started failing at that :(, my apologies). Especially keeping it out of this forum at the very least in an attempt to not get the threads locked. At the very least if they do get locked I do not want to be responsible for it cause I would feel bad for people trying to have a legitimate conversation.

But we do KNOW they do NOT have the money to start production which means I will NOT receive anything by any definition of the word "soon", these are not opinions. I might get it eventually, I might not, I'm going to leave that for others to debate on what will happen and deal with what I have/know now.

Thanks for the advice, I have a version of the rule books printed already from my home printer and can make due with those. I also printed the cards but they are on "normal" paper, but not necessarily the standard size and quickly cut by my own hand. Was looking to get the treasures/loot and such printed on a more professional level so if I mix in real boss/mini-boss treasures it can not be as easily seen what type of card the top card of the deck is. Plus, playing with higher quality than pieces of paper would just feel better. I do have all the PDFs they shared saved (rulebooks, turn tracker, updated treasures/minions and such), but I appreciate the offer of sharing. My worry is just that there is 40 some fronts to loot then the pdf immediately continues on from loot to treasure without a break, and I don't know what info the printers need to get the correct back to the appropriate fronts. If that isn't a worry with modern print shops than I guess I'll just walk in and see if the employee is bored and hand them a flash drive.

November 12th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Mini-Boss

no problem ^_^ about either bit.

The Eproofs do have one sheet of Fronts followed by one sheet of Backs, all layed out so it should be fine.

================

November 12th, 2018, 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Huh... I must have the wrong downloads then... I'll take a few min to go dig those up. Thank you!

Edit: yup, I have the high-rez downloads. I found the low rez ones which are laid out correctly (references to resolution are their words not mine). ... though I can only seem to find the "Explore Mode" eproofs and not "Arcade", I play both ways depending on who I am with

November 12th, 2018, 5:22 pm
Mini-Boss

To clarify. The original wave with with classic 2.0 and some of the expansions have eproofs. The Arcade 2.0 and everything else do NOT have eproofs.

I do not expect you will easily find someone that can make professional materials with the available content.

However, it's pretty easy to print it on cardstock from most print/office shops. I hand cut mine out b/c the cutters at my shops are just as likely to give a good cut vs. chopping off a border.

Then I sleeves the cardstock which give it the thickness it needs to not be flimsy. So it's a higher monetary investment than if SPM had delivered the cards and you didn't plan to use sleeves, but the tradeoff is just not doing it, which is certainly acceptable depending on how adverse you are to PnP/how easily your hand cramps when using scissors :). i usually just sit down with some tv/netflix I don't have to pay too much attention to and start cutting.

i've done PnP for Relic Knights 2.0 and SDE Arcade 2.0 and Pet Parade and have been very happy with my 'set' and most folks don't know it's pnp until they see the rulebook is just B&W stapled paper :)

November 12th, 2018, 7:09 pm
Bottle Cap

well, i did expect they were running a pyramidal scheme (how much kickstarters? SDE:L, siege of the citadel, way of the fighter, relick knights)

but sincerelly, i thought they would deliver a good part of the goodies (or everything in 5 more years or so), specially now that they started running the ninjadivision spanish and dutch team, and their collaboration with games workshop for that dwarf card game

November 12th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Bottle Cap

sleepy_laughter wrote:
However, it's pretty easy to print it on cardstock from most print/office shops. I hand cut mine out b/c the cutters at my shops are just as likely to give a good cut vs. chopping off a border.

Then I sleeves the cardstock which give it the thickness it needs to not be flimsy. So it's a higher monetary investment than if SPM had delivered the cards and you didn't plan to use sleeves, but the tradeoff is just not doing it, which is certainly acceptable depending on how adverse you are to PnP/how easily your hand cramps when using scissors :). i usually just sit down with some tv/netflix I don't have to pay too much attention to and start cutting.

And this is why I ask, because there are people out there who have thought it through more than I. It honestly never occurred to me to just not print the back and use non-translucent sleeves... *sigh, haven't used those in a while. Thank you for sharing your experience.

November 12th, 2018, 7:20 pm
Dungeon Boss

The news is disappointing. I am hopeful since they've presented avenues for how this could eventually fulfill (if they can get Arcade made on credit, or if they do find a buyer).

I made a PnP for Arcade, but I'd prefer to have the whole thing proper (I did not print up the cards for the minis that haven't delivered). Non-translucent sleeves do work well for me.

November 12th, 2018, 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

I know it is a crazy idea, but what about if we, the fans, tried to make a kickstarter only to reduce that amount?

Yeah, a lot of people will complain and call us lots of things, but I am willingly to pay a little more for my products. I mean, if you count, we are getting a lot of stuff only for 300... It would have cost us more than 600 buying it separately. I wouldn't mind paying another 200 just to make sure they do it right this time. Of course it would have to be revised by a lawyer or something to make sure they only can use that money to complete the proyect but I think it could be a good idea. We will save a product we love, the company could still create new things, and still we get the product cheaper that in retail (although not that cheap). Consider it like a charity movement.

November 13th, 2018, 10:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3700 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185  Next