View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 16th, 2018, 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next
 Legends Update Thread 
Minion

Well, everyone who was tired of the lore updates got their wish:

Quote:
Hello Explorers, We will be suspending updates until we next have a firm production update to share with you. We share your continued frustration, and apologize for the extended delays we are having in manufacturing and fulfilling your pledges. We remain 100% committed to providing you with an exceptional Super Dungeon product. For those of you who enjoy the continued exploration of the world of Super Dungeon, we will be moving our previews of the fiction content from the Explorer’s Guide to the website.

Jul 11 2018 on Super Dungeon Explore: Legends

July 12th, 2018, 1:57 am
Minion

Post removed - Last warning on this subject

July 12th, 2018, 2:39 am
Ninja Corps

Post removed, your first warning on this subject

July 12th, 2018, 3:36 am
Mini-Boss

Man, I am disappointed. I've been through some tough times lately and I've tried to be optimistic. Part of me wants to stick with it because at least we have new content coming out with the masterclass models. However the other half is disappointed that this seems to be the new business model. I don't want to be coerced to buy a new single exclusive resin model every other month. I mean if you got all the exclusive resin models this far you could have bought another Legends pledge! Part of me just wants to cut ties and never look back... but then I would worry about regretting selling my whole painted collection I've spent years building. I just don't know what to do and I hate that I'm getting depressed from it. After this update I'm leaning towards just dumping it all on ebay at a loss and just starting a new game from square one. Just looking at my shelves makes me sad now, and I shouldn't be feeling this waybiver stupid plastic soldiers. Can anyone relate?

July 12th, 2018, 3:43 am
Minion

I've held out a lot of hope here. I've even tried to contribute and help them behind the scenes. I only know of two or three other people here who've directly reached out to SPM to do something positive... But I have truly made the effort, on three different occasions. The information I've received most recently from already had me beyond concerned. The shift to literally choosing to ignore this project moving forward is about as far as they could get from giving us any reason to have faith in them.

Based on what is publicly known, what seems to make the most logical sense, and what I've learned behind the scenes, I have no faith that this project will deliver or that any more refunds will be issued unless something is done to force them into smarter, more responsible decision making focused toward this goal.

Partial post removed

July 12th, 2018, 4:32 am
Mini-Boss

I just wish they could be honest with us. I'm sure the masterclass models are just to have some extra revenue to push out Legends. Why not say that? Would it make them look bad? Sure. But at least we get the truth out of them. I wouldn't be all that upset. I DON'T want masterclasses to be the future of Super Dungeon. That's not what drew me into the game. I just don't know what to think anymore. I get hyped again only to be disappointed. This is why I am thinking of just selling off all my stuff. It just causes me to get so depressed... and I feel really stupid to feel sad over it.

July 12th, 2018, 4:51 am
Minion

@eternaldream
You don't have anything to feel stupid about. Really.

Soda Pop Miniatures made a genuinely great looking campaign. They filled it with promises, acting humbly about the recently delivered "Forgotten King" project while speaking of lessons learned along the way. They said all the right things and put on a phenomenal show, and they got a lot of us VERY excited.

Since then, even the most loyal have had to learn to temper any excitement that may arise. Otherwise it's just a bigger letdown when the next big reveal comes around and things are not only NOT on track, but they've usually gone even further out of whack then they'd been before -and the bad news is always being delivered LONG after management was clearly aware of it.

It's sad because many of us weren't just putting our money in a product; we were putting our faith in an excited geek, a guy trying to make the game that HE wants to play. I think most of us can relate to that a lot, so we were eager to play his next game and to see him succeed. It's honestly depressing to look at what's become of all this since that time. Last we could see in the videos, he still seemed authentically determined to get this in our hands. And I think that for his part, that's an accurate assessment. But it also looks like someone else has essentially "clamped down" from the business side of things, I really got that sense in the first big impromptu Q&A stream session, as Deke would start to answer a question about something you could see he was passionate about, and someone else would speak over him or interject with the more business-minded response. I don't think that the Deke we all love is really calling the shots on much of anything these days, and it doesn't seem like the guy who has been stepping up to the plate with a lot of those decisions has made himself any fans.

July 12th, 2018, 5:30 am
Mini-Boss

well, kinda knowing the current delay problem, I'm abit upset that there is this delay, but its fairly understandable in my eyes and I have no major problems, just annoying that such delay has to happen. Be interesting to know why but information is confidential for a reason.

If people want to piss about with moaning and stuff, fine. Doesn't and won't do any thing constructive, just ruin it for the rest of us. Maybe I'll have to do the 'just ignore them' attuite again. it's kinda childish but it's much more mature then fighting like primary school kids over who can piss up the wall the most..

shame updates have been stopped but it seams that's cause 1) they can't give much in the way of production updates when there is no real change they can reveal 2) people are just moaning and pissing when they give informational lore updates.

On the plus side, stuff is starting to look up for Eurasia fans of an American based game. the Spanish team is here with some more stuff in the works.

================

July 12th, 2018, 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Well, I'm out. Before even if the project wasn't moving I knew it wasn't a corpse because it had a heartbeat in those updates even if I didn't care about the content. Now I don't even have that. So I'm going to pack up my models and delete my internet bookmarks to here and the KS because the small glimmer of a hope that I still have left even now will not survive the direction the comments are about to go. The least I can do is not add to negativity that will get nowhere. I tried to stay positive and the few times SPM decided to represent themselves publicly I made sure to chime in to let them know it was appreciated. I know I'm mostly a lurker here, but know that I was here. To all of you who stayed positive throughout this thank you, I was reading and it helped me that you took the time to share your optimism. Hopefully I'll have a reason to return someday and share a love of this game again (cause I really do like the 2.0 rules)
*sparkleburst*

July 12th, 2018, 1:44 pm
Mini-Boss

fair enough ^_^

I think the best way to picture things right now isn't a corpse.. but a Coma.. From all external sources, it appears dead, but there is a fair amount of actively that you just cannot see but will hopefully, and most likely they doctors say, pay off in the end.

Though if you want to take a bow before things get covered in comment fecus then that might be a good move ^_^

================

July 12th, 2018, 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Squirrel wrote:
Well, I'm out. Before even if the project wasn't moving I knew it wasn't a corpse because it had a heartbeat in those updates even if I didn't care about the content. Now I don't even have that. So I'm going to pack up my models and delete my internet bookmarks to here and the KS because the small glimmer of a hope that I still have left even now will not survive the direction the comments are about to go. The least I can do is not add to negativity that will get nowhere. I tried to stay positive and the few times SPM decided to represent themselves publicly I made sure to chime in to let them know it was appreciated. I know I'm mostly a lurker here, but know that I was here. To all of you who stayed positive throughout this thank you, I was reading and it helped me that you took the time to share your optimism. Hopefully I'll have a reason to return someday and share a love of this game again (cause I really do like the 2.0 rules)
*sparkleburst*

Better to spend time enjoying life than to go wade through a wall of toxicity and lack of updates.

akai wrote:
An "honest production update" would not stop all the unhappy people posting toxic posts, but it would give the less vocal majority of people to have more confidence in SPM/ND. These people will likely then post more non-toxic posts to drown out the more vocal minority. Nevertheless, that vocal minoirty likely have increase in size due to both setbacks not in control by SPM/ND and the communication/decisions made by SPM/ND.

July 12th, 2018, 2:19 pm
Mini-Boss

I think I'm done too. I've been talking to a buyer who is willing to pay for my whole painted collection. Maybe it's just time to move on from this. Life's too short to be getting upset over plastic models and constant disappointments. Man, this sucks. What happened to Ninja Division?

July 12th, 2018, 2:39 pm
Minion

As before, sorry to see people leave, but more than ever I can't say I blame them. I'm going to try to enjoy what DID make it to market in the last five or six years. It's a little tough to motivate myself to finish painting my existing complete collection, because there's more than a little associated frustration at this point.

Promises to your customer base aren't subject to "unless we feel like you don't appreciate us", or "unless we just don't feel like it" -when you just stop keeping your word at the last minute with nothing more than that posted at the very end of the workday as a COMMENT... That's just another reason that your word as a company or as a manager/owner/business means nothing to consumers anymore.

Honestly, looking at the comments thread, they've frankly backed off the update hate in the last month or two -sure it's become a running joke, but the angry vitriol over them had largely subsided compared to where it was in March and April. I don't think backer toxicity has any stretch of relevance here. Legends, Relic Knights and Starfinder are the only things left they need to interact with on KS. I get the feeling that with two of the three currently or about to deliver, they just don't feel like making the effort to log in to the Kickstarter page for one last project anymore. Particularly with it being the biggest failure staring them back in the face.

July 12th, 2018, 2:56 pm
Minion

Way of the Fighter is their 4th kickstarter that is not "completed." None of the miniatures have been shipped and they have missed their second bi-weekly update for it. Some of the resin figures was supposed to be shipped "soon" based on ~1 month ago update.

July 12th, 2018, 3:19 pm
Bottle Cap

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
Well, everyone who was tired of the lore updates got their wish:

Quote:
Hello Explorers, We will be suspending updates until we next have a firm production update to share with you. We share your continued frustration, and apologize for the extended delays we are having in manufacturing and fulfilling your pledges. We remain 100% committed to providing you with an exceptional Super Dungeon product. For those of you who enjoy the continued exploration of the world of Super Dungeon, we will be moving our previews of the fiction content from the Explorer’s Guide to the website.

Jul 11 2018 on Super Dungeon Explore: Legends

Wow. This doesn't bode well.

This is by far the worst kickstarter experience i ever had.

Perhaps it's an early sign of the bad ending everyone expects (but don't want)? Maybe in the end, this would be for the best. Move on with our lives and leave all that stress behind.

As an avid fan of SDE products i don't want such an end to unfold, but this is the most likely outcome for as far as everybody knows. I don't want to get rid of my collection, but SPM certainly doesn't make me feel like they care anyway.

All this stress and disappointment is unnecessary.

With that said, i still do believe in them. I still believe that their project will eventually deliver. Let's wait and see but i might take a break from this game and put it away for a while. Leave the space (a lot!) for another beast. I'll eagerly dust it off once production updates make our days shinier!

I am confident that this will happen.

July 12th, 2018, 6:22 pm
Minion

Sooooo... If there were ever any doubts about ND financial problems for Legends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... s/comments

Or more specifically:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2416079 ... %22R%22%7D

July 12th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Mini-Boss

where does it say anything? those links are just to the page of comments..
care to post the reliant sections?

================

July 12th, 2018, 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

ManicMan wrote:

Sorry, the second one I had to edit. I accidentally posted the same link twice

The FB one was the one that led to Cadence basically alluding to the suspicions we all had, but you hafta dig.

You'll know it when you see it.

July 12th, 2018, 8:38 pm
Minion

ManicMan wrote:

It's too big to post the whole thing, there was a whole exchange there...

July 12th, 2018, 8:39 pm
Mini-Boss

Not really too big.. i'm reading right now and not seeing anything that wasn't known.. they have taken a money hit due to delay (every company that has a delay does that) and due to the manufacture issue at the moment which last I heard, yesterday or the day before, was looking hopeful for sorting something out, appears to have something sorted out (yay), some items are delayed but work is being done on that..

I see some guy called 'Kelsch' seams to be having a major hissy fit..

Ah, so unlike what some of them KS comments seam to say, this is very good and pretty much the only new thing it says is the have the deal with a new manufacture in place? great! that's some good news, thanks

================

July 12th, 2018, 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181  Next