View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Consul loot cards 
Minion

When the Consul draws it's loot cards at 16bit and Super, are there any that your group have house-ruled against? We don't allow the +1 heart or action point in my group, as the heroes would soon get overrun, but there are some other nasty abilities out there im not sure on. What do you think of the cards that grant the minions/denizens things like immobile?

March 13th, 2012, 8:26 pm
Minion

One of my favorites was the first one granted a green +DEF die and the second (at SUPER) granted a (I think) red +DEF die and backlash. One of the heroes actually died by using an area attack on a group of 8 and rolled 2 stars on the attack.

I haven't gotten any of the extra hearts or actions yet, but so far the +DEF seems to be the king card to take. Keep the minions alive longer and the heroes do less wounds and gain less loot, which makes them eaiser to take out in the long run.

March 13th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Minion

Hey Raijen, were you accidentally giving the Consul treasure cards rather than loot cards? None of the loot cards grant green dice...

March 13th, 2012, 8:39 pm
Denizen

In a test game I played, the monsters actually got the extra heart, but the heroes still won. Since the game has a good chunk of luck, I'd still allow the extra AP and HP treasures.

March 13th, 2012, 8:41 pm
Mini-Boss

Xylon Lionheart wrote:
In a test game I played, the monsters actually got the extra heart, but the heroes still won. Since the game has a good chunk of luck, I'd still allow the extra AP and HP treasures.

In a game I ran I'd nabbed the +HP loot for my monsters once and honestly it's not that overpowered. While it kept my minions around longer towards the end game they lacked the oomph to really do much else aside from give extra moves on the loot track for AOE farming heroes. +Def is better imo since it makes them harder to kill, as opposed to making easy to kill guys just worth more loot.

March 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Bottle Cap

No we don't houserule against any loot the consul draws because if it's a tougher game, it's a sweeter victory if the players prevail!

March 14th, 2012, 1:09 am
Minion

I had a game where the Consul got +1 blue attack & immobile, it was pretty brutal. The party had no Ranger so they had to use all their healing just to keep moving. I guess it's still win-able but it's definately very difficult!

March 14th, 2012, 7:01 am
Bottle Cap

This might sound a bit weird but, explain to me how can the consul get loot cards?
I mean I newer anything in the rulebook about it.
And if so what units does it affect?

March 14th, 2012, 7:34 am
Minion

When the guage reaches 16bit and the first Rex shows up the Consul draw one loot card for each remaining spawn point, choose one, then that bonus is applied to all minions & denizens. The same happens again at super when Rex #2 appears.

March 14th, 2012, 8:10 am
Bottle Cap

Thank, i didn't find this in the rule book.
Is it a house rule, something that is in the rulebook?

March 14th, 2012, 9:23 am
Minion

It's in the book, where it describes the different sized games and how you get the minibosses/bosses to appear.

March 14th, 2012, 9:26 am
Denizen

Just remember that the mini-boss and boss do not get that special loot bonus. I actually missed that during my first game. Granted the party never even got to Starfire, but it did possibly give Rex an unfair advantage.

March 14th, 2012, 9:33 am
Minion

Wow you killed the whole party before Starfire got there?! That's brutal.

March 14th, 2012, 8:07 pm
Denizen

It's happened in at least three games I've played. Mostly what happens is that the party moves too slowly, and suddenly there will be a huge army of kobolds they cannot handle.

March 15th, 2012, 12:13 am
Bottle Cap

Knock down, is a real pain. nothing worse than having your dude knocked to the ground. Taking additional damage from some mobs and wasting an action point to get back up unless you heal it.

Bad times.

March 15th, 2012, 10:18 am
Minion

We also haven't yet houseruled anything out, because we feel, if the supposedly strong cards, like +1 Heart and +1 Action are ruled out, so should the suppesedly weaker cards.

What we would like is something like an upgrade deck for the consul. It would really be cool, to have this by spawner type. For example you could draw a card, that converts blue MOB-dice to Red ones for you kobold, and one that gives your dragonspawns fire, etc. This would make the minions more diversified, and you could balance that deck pretty well.

March 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]