View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 20th, 2017, 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 "Lootimeter Mode" Now in ARCADE MODE (pg 31) 
Denizen

Perhaps simplify Arcade Spawning to 1 gang/spawn or something of that nature, since otherwise you need to have both classic and arcade cards out. One could also use a more streamlined system than the command deck, maybe where monsters just move/fight every turn and use specials if a loot was drawn on the previous turn or something of that nature. The boss performing doubled actions sounds scary though.

February 5th, 2017, 9:54 pm
Mini-Boss

Clawandbyte wrote:
Perhaps simplify Arcade Spawning to 1 gang/spawn or something of that nature, since otherwise you need to have both classic and arcade cards out. One could also use a more streamlined system than the command deck, maybe where monsters just move/fight every turn and use specials if a loot was drawn on the previous turn or something of that nature. The boss performing doubled actions sounds scary though.

You don't need to keep the classic cards out. Look up the costs before you play! And if you don't have a good memory write it down. Someone could even come up with an itemized list of all the spawn points and their monsters with spawn costs as a reference.

February 5th, 2017, 10:09 pm
Mini-Boss

I thought I would include a notification here that I have made a video about how to play Lootimeter Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YJQ-Irt7E

Enjoy

October 17th, 2017, 2:24 am
Mini-Boss

Spazzfist wrote:
Clawandbyte wrote:

You don't need to keep the classic cards out. Look up the costs before you play! And if you don't have a good memory write it down. Someone could even come up with an itemized list of all the spawn points and their monsters with spawn costs as a reference.

There are two problems with this:

1- As mentioned, you have to do pull out cards and write down new stats that aren't on the cards.
2- The Skull Values in Classic Mode have nothing to do with the way the monsters play in Arcade. Especially since there are a lot of ways to jink the system (remember that grunts don't do anything without their elite).

I think it would make more sense to completely reinforce a single gang as per the new arcade rules for reinforcing gangs, or to spawn a new gang.

October 17th, 2017, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

I watched your video for lootimeter and found it quite helpful. I play with the lootimeter rules for myself and my family. It seems to be the easiest way to play with my young kids. As the consul I find this an easier way to run the game than using the monster chart from the newly revised rules. In first edition I would sometimes forget to advance the counter around the track that was the timer. Having everything managed through the loot deck makes it easy to keep track of when bosses and minibosses spawn. The heroes always remember to take their loot. I also like the idea of putting explore cards in the deck. This is a good way to bring the creeps into play and also keep pressure on the players.

Will you please do a playthrough video for both the regular game and also arcade. My wife has an easier time understanding how to play a game after watching someone else play it. I was also curious if you had updated the lootimeter rulebook with the latest changes. Thanks to you and everybody that worked on lootimeter I can play this game in a fun way with my family.

October 20th, 2017, 7:16 pm
Mini-Boss

GoblinMage wrote:
I watched your video for lootimeter and found it quite helpful. I play with the lootimeter rules for myself and my family. It seems to be the easiest way to play with my young kids. As the consul I find this an easier way to run the game than using the monster chart from the newly revised rules. In first edition I would sometimes forget to advance the counter around the track that was the timer. Having everything managed through the loot deck makes it easy to keep track of when bosses and minibosses spawn. The heroes always remember to take their loot. I also like the idea of putting explore cards in the deck. This is a good way to bring the creeps into play and also keep pressure on the players.

Will you please do a playthrough video for both the regular game and also arcade. My wife has an easier time understanding how to play a game after watching someone else play it. I was also curious if you had updated the lootimeter rulebook with the latest changes. Thanks to you and everybody that worked on lootimeter I can play this game in a fun way with my family.

Thanks for the kudos! I agree with your assessment that the lootimeter is way easier than Mighty Monster charts and I also agree that the previous Loot--o-Meter was so easy to forget. That is what I loved about this system: that both the consul and the heroes are motivated to advance the timer.

I will absolutely do a playthrough video! Let me put together a crew and I'll get right on that!

October 22nd, 2017, 2:50 am
Minion

Thanks, that would be awesome. The videos would be most welcome.

October 22nd, 2017, 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32