View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 20th, 2018, 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Super Dungeon Explore Homebrew Campaign in progress. 
Denizen

@DeftTitan,

The key purpose of this mechanic is, like you said, to maintain balance between opposing sides. I found that adjusting the amount of skulls per spawning area worked pretty well. Also raising or lowering the skulls activated per Consul turn worked well.

Also, I've adjusted the potion system by borrowing from the Arena rule set. Between battles heroes can restock their potions, they can also find them in chests. (Treasure chests will be predetermined bundles of loot/relics/potions), but rolling a potion on a successful attack will give you a light healing potion: remove 2 wounds, or 2 status effects, or 1 of each. This is intended to address certain balance issues, and to prevent certain potions from "breaking" certain battle scenarios.

April 22nd, 2014, 5:42 pm
Denizen

These potions will exist in an inventory common to the party. It'll be limited to 1 or 2 at a time at first. Later on your party will be able to find/buy more "potion pouches" for these light healing potions.

April 22nd, 2014, 5:45 pm
Denizen

Also, the first draft of the Campaign is almost done. By this weekend I should be starting to produce publishable material. Depending on how much help I get developing the details it should only be a couple of weeks before I can start giving you guys playable material.

Last edited by Holy Cross on February 18th, 2018, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2014, 8:19 pm
Denizen

Quick update: I had to take a break from the campaign this weekend, but picked it up today during my down time. I've gotten my initial draft all the way to the final boss room. Just need to decide how it ends, gameplay wise, story wise, etc. I'm toying with having more than one ending, but we'll see.

By my figuring, this puts me at about the halfway point, since I now have to go back and essentially re do it all, and make it more cohesive. Also, Salamandercoral has started work on a 16 bit overworld map that looks excellent so far!

Not bad for 16 days of work huh?

April 28th, 2014, 8:49 pm
Denizen

The first draft is done. I've even managed a first draft script of the good ending and bullet points for a bad ending, as well as the conditions to get the good ending. I'll keep updating my progress periodically.

April 29th, 2014, 11:50 pm
Denizen

Quick question for all interested in this project.

Right now I have enough material on paper that (with a little clean up) I could type up enough key points to disseminate a skeleton campaign to everyone. It would give an overview of all the battles, the basic story arc, which monsters to use and where, and guidelines for each battle.

If I pass it out now it will not be the complete and finished product I have in mind, but it will give Consul players enough frame work to run the campaign, but inject their own flavor into it (dialogue/narrative style etc).

This doesn't mean I'm putting the project down. I plan to continue developing it into a finished product. I just feel like I have enough work in to pass it out within just a few days.

So my question is this, who wants this campaign? And do you want a skeleton campaign now as it is so you can make it your own? Or do you prefer to wait until it's complete, all the way down to the exact narrative and dialogue. If people chose the former option I'll still provide updates as it develops, and maybe we can all compare notes and really tighten and balance the end product.

Either way, let me know.

May 2nd, 2014, 1:51 pm
Minion

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm happy to take a look at an early draft and help edit it.

-Will

May 2nd, 2014, 3:10 pm
Denizen

Update: I'm going to be posting up my campaign guidelines soon. It'll be after I've playtested it over memorial weekend most likely. It will be less detailed than originally planned, partly due to the amount of work this is taking, along with my own life/career catching up with me, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in my project lately. I said I'd put this out though, so I will.

The guideline will give a sequence of events, suggested battlemaps for each event and a story overview. I'll leave the micro planning as far as narrative and advancement to you guys as I'm sure you can all infuse your own flavors and ideas into this and typing up all.

I'll include a set of notes based on my playthrough as far as what worked, what didn't and what systems I put in place for advancement, mechanics etc. I may even make a PDF of all my handwritten notes from the planning. There is a completed beginning, middle and end to this, but translating it into something I can widely disseminate to everyone is the point of friction for me right now as it is every time consuming. I'll do my best to get something posted soon.

May 21st, 2014, 10:02 pm
Denizen

What that said, I do appreciate the offers to help and those who have expressed interest in this.

May 21st, 2014, 10:11 pm
Minion

For what it's worth, what I read so far of what you sent me of this looked good!

Perhaps as you suggest release what you have and people here will comment/edit as appropriate to translate it into something you widely disseminate.

May 22nd, 2014, 3:12 pm
Mini-Boss

I'd be very interested to read anything you want to put out about your campaign. Your ambition is commendable and it sounds like you're really taken to the work with gusto. It's just a little unfortunate that you're working in the nebulous foreshadow of an official campaign system which has perhaps drawn away some of the enthusiasm which would otherwise exist for your work (because of the inclination to wait for the official rules with 1st party support). So don't be disheartened, and do postpostpost what you have! :D

May 22nd, 2014, 4:26 pm
Denizen

@Dr Despair, would you like me to email you my progress on the narrative? I have saved as an email draft in my gmail account.

May 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm
Mini-Boss

Well as I say, I'd be interested to hear anything. However, I'd ultimately recommend posting what you have publicly rather than only PMing it to a few individuals, and I'd rather give whatever feedback I have here on the public threads as part of a communitywide discussion rather than as a one-on-one dialogue. But if you'd like me to give it a brief proofread before you do that I'd be glad to do so. :)

May 22nd, 2014, 8:19 pm
Denizen

I understand that. At the same time I'd like to keep this as 'spoiler free' for hero players as possible. I could make another thread with a spoiler warning, though maybe I'm giving my own project too much credit? o.O

May 22nd, 2014, 8:48 pm
Denizen

Just a quick update for anyone who's actually following this (I know there's a couple at least). Progress has slowed for the time being due to some career advancement/occurrences. All the planning is done and I just need to translate it into something readable, along with some editing and refining. It's just gonna take more time than I originally thought.

At any rate, I will pass out what I have and what I come up with as time permits.

June 11th, 2014, 9:26 pm
Denizen

If there's any interest in this still, I'm looking to revive this campaign. I'll be digging into the SD:Legends Beta materials and seeing how I can integrate it.

I'll be redoubling my effort to match and mirror it to current Crystalia cannon.

February 18th, 2018, 6:36 pm
Minion

I'm still interested. I think my family would enjoy campaigns more than the regular game. I think the idea of a storyline and not just fighting would grab the interest of my kids. Let me know what you have.

February 18th, 2018, 10:20 pm
Denizen

GoblinMage wrote:
I'm still interested. I think my family would enjoy campaigns more than the regular game. I think the idea of a storyline and not just fighting would grab the interest of my kids. Let me know what you have.

Right now it’s all sketched and Scratched out in a variety of notes and files, but every encounter is there. I just need to link it together, work out finer details and make it cohesive. It would be more RPG-lite with linked scenarios and pick your path, vice being an open sandbox world. I’ll post more soon.

February 19th, 2018, 6:59 pm
Bottle Cap

Are you still working with this? I've been searching for information exactly like this!!

April 29th, 2018, 7:30 am
Denizen

Critbot wrote:
Are you still working with this? I've been searching for information exactly like this!!

I am, in fact I just finished the draft last night. IM me your email if you'd like a copy. I've been updating my progress on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15022&start=60

April 30th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3