View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2018, 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Player made alterations to the dungeon mechanics 
Bottle Cap

It also helps prevent anyone feeling left out or hard done by. I ran one game and the "leader" basically took over the whole game making others feel bored!

March 15th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Minion

We also distribute the loot via the player who erans it.

As for the original rules-variant: You could justify this, by playing the first treasure card face-up and if the heroes get a chest, they draw an additional card and can select between those two. The one not selected stays face-up or gets discarded or something. Alternately: Let the heroes draw 2 or 3 treasures and select one (1 for openening the chest +1 for every dud)

March 19th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Bottle Cap

We have only tried one alteration, which involved using the terraclips system for the board, but I have another that I am going to try out on our next game day.

I have made some new dice for the game. These are the "Coin" dice. I will take 5 treasure cards at random and place them face up off to the side. These will be "The Shop". Players will be able to take their dice pool for attacking and substitute coin dice for any or all dice in the pool. The coin dice will give the heroes money, provided they hit, to go towards buying treasure. Once they have the money for an item, they can exit the dungeon for a turn using either the original entrance, or a Potion of Town Portal.

I'm not exactly sure on prices for the items, probably no more than 5 coins, maybe 10. I figure the balance of reducing the dice pool they are using and having to burn potions should make this whole thing interesting.

March 20th, 2012, 12:22 am
Bottle Cap

I used the tiles from D&D wrath of ashardaloth (sp?) was a nice variation of layout, but it can be tricky on how to place the spawn points.

Im planning on making some cards for the monsters of D&D as if they where SDE consul.

Another variation I was thinking was:
"beast masters war" 3vs3

- 3 heroes on each side using one "pet" monsters each
* the monsters would need to have better stats and would not be respawneable (as easily), almost as if they where heroes themselves, and will be considered as being 4skull models for activation propuses.

- Each side would have a couple of "towers" (spawning points) to protect. They can respawn their pets if they have a skull token
* Skull tokens are awared by killing one of other's team pet or spawn point

- Treasure chest when claimed by one team using an action point ALWAYS turn into Boo Booty cotrolled by the other team and must be defeated in that same round or their claim and alleiagance switch teams the next round while recovering all the healt.

- The team that kills all 3 heroes on the other side wins despite of number of pets and spawn points left in the field.

March 22nd, 2012, 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2