View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 And while we're at it. 
Bottle Cap

I had some thoughts of what I hope to see down the line for SDE.

The only male characters that have a basic magic attack are the Deeproot Druid and the Mistmourn Shaman. All the other magic types (that have a basic magic attack next to their Will stat) are female. (This does not count genderswaps of established characters, such as the Ember Mage and Hexcast Sorceress/Sorceror). Even the masterclass Crystal mage is female. I would like more male mage heroes.

Considering there are a number of warrior-type female heroes in their own right, the lack of male mages is noticeable.

To add: There are no male Freyjans. Nor are there female dwarves (outside of genderswaps of established heroes as above; Deeproot Druid and Hearthsworn Fighter) or Gnomes (what little we have seen of them). Fennec? Only the one, so I don't think that's fair to call it out. The Centaurs? All female. The humans, elves, and riftlings have male and female genders represented, so.

July 12th, 2018, 12:25 am
Denizen

I think we can expect to see more minis released in either resin or plastic based on the SDL classes and things not yet revealed.

Whether we see alt gender of existing heroes will largely depend on the success of SDL since that’s the only situation you’d potentially need or want alt gender. Note the NPCs are technically alt gender hero profiles in some cases.

I think there is room for more will magic male users and models for races that don’t have a sex represented yet but I don’t think that’s a business priority.

Anyways. I agree this would be nice but likely lower demand and maybe if SDE was in a healthier state. Which could be years or never.

I would personally want a tile pack and dungeon dressing for SDL but likely the retail products will focus on stuff we can use in all game modes.

July 12th, 2018, 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]