View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 22nd, 2018, 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ninja All-Stars repackaged for Super Dungeons Explore 
Minion

https://ninjadivision.com/info/news/art ... er-dungeon

https://ninjadivision.com/info/news/art ... of-shadows

Notes:
1. The known SDE world is just one continent...thus I can see expansion into more continents than just inclusion of Ninja All-Stars in the long run.
2. It would be sad if the Shrine Maiden/New Board would not be made anymore for those that did enjoy Ninja All-Stars.

June 4th, 2018, 4:22 pm
Ninja Corps

I wonder if its going to be a full repackage or maybe just add cards that correspond with each faction. Then you would only need seperate deck for heroes and monsters.

Well I guess its time for me to get off my butte and upload my pics for my ninja warband I had commissioned to be painted up.

June 4th, 2018, 5:09 pm
Denizen

This is the most exciting SDE related news for months. How I read the posts, Ninja All-Stars support is dropped. All future Ninja All-Stars contents are only usable in Super Dungeon Explore unless fans, using the living rolebook, create conversions. I don't mind; I would only have liked Ninja All-Stars to continue if it had gotten a complete rewrite.

The first upgrade pack is available on store. Didn't yet see digital download for it. I assume there is going to be 6 and each priced at $5.

June 4th, 2018, 5:17 pm
Denizen

the active spawning points are here!

June 4th, 2018, 6:26 pm
Consul

Man, I did NOT see this coming!

Didn't they make a really big deal out of NOT resorting to upgrade decks during the Kickstarter?
Wasn't it this big principle that the designers had to work around?
Also wasn't it a thing during the release of NAS, that it specifically wouldn't be a SDE expansion. The crossovers were only "promotional" (aka to put pressure on collectors). All the ninjas shouldn't overflow the SDE game.

In Denmark we have a saying roughly translated as: You got a standpoint till you take a new.

June 4th, 2018, 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
wasn't it a thing during the release of NAS, that it specifically wouldn't be a SDE expansion. All the ninjas shouldn't overflow the SDE game.

I can accept them making that stance while they were working on the NAS line. Having to make 2 designs for everything you make, one for NAS and one for SDE, makes creating anything new for a game just that much slower and harder. To make it manageable, you just say "in general, we're not going to cross them together" to keep it easy for both teams.

But if you decide one of those projects isn't doing well enough to support anymore.. and the pieces would work well in the other, then it seems fine to drop the embargo and move whatever will work over.

It's sad that NAS didn't make it on it's own (the concept of Necromunda Bloodbowl with cute ninjas was a great idea to me ) but I think it's a nice move from ND to make room for the minis in SDE.

June 4th, 2018, 11:06 pm
Denizen

Yeah I don’t care what anyone says, I’m excited for this.

Also it looks like the first 2 clans upgrade cards are free to download on the Ninja Division site too.

June 4th, 2018, 11:11 pm
Minion

I understand the excitement over new SDE content -it looks like they've got some really cool looking models to include here, but the idea of SPM manufacturing entirely new miniatures plastics at the factory while they tell us they can't get a slot... That wouldn't bother you? That idea nauseates me.

June 4th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Minion

To be fair Dan, this could be a situation where they just reboxed existing NAS stuff - it could have been sat around in a warehouse for a while, or retailers sometimes return stock they can’t shift. The boxes, cards etc don’t seem to be their limiting factor, it’s the plastics.

This could just be a good way of turning old stock to new with a fresh spin. Good idea.

This is of course, total speculation on my part. I’m normally one of the first to think negatively, but having worked for Games Workshop in the dim and distant past, who do this quite often, I’m not worried something more insidious is going on (well, about this particular announcement anyway :p )

June 4th, 2018, 11:53 pm
Ninja Corps

Interesting - it seems they are trying their best to make due with their tied-up resources. They can't make new models, but they *can* repackage stuff they currently have. This almost feels like "hey guys, look what we made for you while we wait for all the factory stuff to go through for Legends. Buy these too, please?"

June 5th, 2018, 12:45 am
Ninja Corps

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I understand the excitement over new SDE content -it looks like they've got some really cool looking models to include here, but the idea of SPM manufacturing entirely new miniatures plastics at the factory while they tell us they can't get a slot... That wouldn't bother you? That idea nauseates me.

These are not new products they are the same models just with the new cards and packaging. As a matter fact I have practically everything they shown so far in the Kitsune clan and Jorogume. I seeing the Clan Kitsune Warband has the same models and the Clan Kitsune NAS tells me there is no plastic being made.

Clan Kitsune NAS:
1 Kitsune Chunin
3 Kitsune Kaiken
3 Kitsune Yajiri
2 Kitsune Oni
2 Kitsune Kunoichi
2 Kitsune Madoushi
1 Tamamo No Mae Hero

Clan Kitsune SDE:
1 Kitsune Chunin
1 Kitsune Kaiken
1 Kitsune Yajiri
2 Kitsune Oni
2 Kitsune Kunoichi
2 Kitsune Madoushi
1 Tamamo No Mae Hero

Heck it looks like there are less models I guess so they can have spares.

June 5th, 2018, 12:57 am
Minion

Yeah, I'm just waiting to see if these appear to be physically old models, or if they're recently updated/reprinted. Historically, with reprints you can usually tell pretty easily -aside from the quality differences that tend to exist based on the age of the mold, they also imprint the current manufacturing year into the most of these, which is somewhat helpful. Time will tell, I'll wait to hear from someone who purchases directly from the source, since retailers clearly have back stock right now. Might explain why I saw a few places clearancing the older sets over the weekend though.

June 5th, 2018, 1:48 am
Denizen

@ape2020 hrmm...i hope it's a typo on the product page (not like that's never happened b/f since this company tends to be prone to public mistakes).

Given they're turning the Madoushi into the spawning points and the Oni into the elites to replace the madoushi, I'm not sure how it'd make sense to have only 1 kaiken and 1 yajiri minion since they're normally there to protect the elites at least in arcade.

I don't know what they'd do with the extra plastic either.

If you get the upgrade deck preview, the arcade spawn points DO list the models:

Spawning Pool:
2 x Kitsune Madoushi (paired spawning point)
3 x Kitsune Kaiken
3 x Kitsune Yajiri

2 x Kitsune Oni
2 x Kitsune Kunoichi
Cards:
1 x Kitsune Shuriken Storm
1 x Claws of Kitsune

And there's now mini boss treasure!

So it'll be 2x oni + 3x kaiken in the claws of kitsune gang and 2x kunoichi and 3x yajiri in the shuriken storm gang. No longer will it be 3 diff. set of elites all use the same minions like in NAS ambush ^^;;

June 5th, 2018, 2:03 am
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
Didn't they make a really big deal out of NOT resorting to upgrade decks during the Kickstarter?

Despite what they called it, this is technically a conversion deck, these cards never existed before. They refused to make upgrade decks because they didn't want people to have to rebuy what they already owned. Without this deck, people would have to either print their own or buy all the figures again.

Quote:
Also wasn't it a thing during the release of NAS, that it specifically wouldn't be a SDE expansion. The crossovers were only "promotional" (aka to put pressure on collectors). All the ninjas shouldn't overflow the SDE game.
At the time, they wanted NAS to stand on its own, this just seems to be accepting that NAS failed and an easy way to put out some SDE products.

June 5th, 2018, 5:14 am
Denizen

I'm so excited I just can't hide it. It's so much new Super Dungeon! It's so exciting!

And now when Yokai Quest shows up I can make new cards for the minis and drop them all on Ninja Continent and they will totally fit there!

June 5th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Minion

Well, since I own everything from NAS, it is nice to get to use them in SDE. I mean, I sort of got to use some of them already, but now everything gets rules!

And finally we get Ninja dungeon bosses!

I wonder if we get some single spawn point units too. For those 3 spawn point games.

Ninja theme 2 spawn pointer + Ninja theme 1 spawn point + Ninja theme mini-boss + Ninja theme dungeon boss vs. Ninja theme heroes! Finally!

June 6th, 2018, 7:18 am
Ninja Corps

Foxwhisperer wrote:
I wonder if we get some single spawn point units too. For those 3 spawn point games.

Ninja theme 2 spawn pointer + Ninja theme 1 spawn point + Ninja theme mini-boss + Ninja theme dungeon boss vs. Ninja theme heroes! Finally!

Yup in the preview cards the second clan will have single spawn points. The ones that love to arrows and all.

June 6th, 2018, 11:46 am
Mini-Boss

Goblin-King wrote:
Man, I did NOT see this coming!

This isn't really what they were talking about with "upgrade decks" and I can see where they were coming from there. And for those who don't want to get new versions of every card they already have, this is completely beside the point.

But yes- when they first pitched the NAS crossover cards, they were insistent that they did not want to cross over everything from NAS. They said that was for several reasons. Here are a few of them:

- They wanted NAS to be its own thing
- They wanted to do something different with the Wandering Monk Mountains
- They didn't want to flood Crystalia with ninjas and completely change the theme of Super Dungeon Explore.

On the opposite end:

- SPM can't do any new Super Dungeon releases except in resin until they get their (very late) kickstarter out the door, but they're sitting on tons of chibi minis that they can't move because the game for it flopped.

So they reassessed their original concerns. Right now, NAS isn't really getting to be its own thing- it mostly isn't getting to be anything at all, so I don't think that one is valid anymore.

They addressed the other reasons by making Kagejima a separate continent- hence the Wondering Monk Mountains are still to be explored, and Crystalia is a separate continent with a very different theme (kind of iffy, as the GAME will still have a huge influx of ninja and samurai, even if the SETTING keeps them separate).

At least, by making Kagejima a separate continent, it justifies why that region has so many more spawn points and heroes than most regions (who mostly have a level box dedicated to them).

June 6th, 2018, 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

odinsgrandson wrote:
At least, by making Kagejima a separate continent, it justifies why that region has so many more spawn points and heroes than most regions (who mostly have a level box dedicated to them).

It will be interesting to see if the Legends Lore Book will go over other continents or completely ignore them.

June 6th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Denizen

I like letting Kagejima be a completely different place. It makes sense. I mean, look at our planet. Europe (the basis for most of Super Dungeon) is a very far cry from Japan (the NAS template). The two are so different that it makes sense that they would be physically separated by an ocean.

Still, I am interested in how they plan to make those two places co-exist. Oceans are pretty good reasons that places stay separated. A band of adventurers would have to cross the wild seas to encounter ninjas.

June 6th, 2018, 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next