View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 10th, 2018, 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Incoming June 13th! New Masterclass Mini-boss and 2 Heroes. 
Mini-Boss

erm.. not to moan Danny but.. techinally:
Dungeon: An underground prison or vault often associated with Torture and castles. well, we need to check up on vault in that context and what do you know "a space, chamber of passage enclosed by a vault or vaultlike structure, especially located underground. Vault that referes to is an arched structured roof which is fully or partially enclosed.

Caves can be dungeons, so we have the dragonback peaks area which is under ground, even through the mountain is about ground level. We clearly can't really see the roofs but from the walls and details it seams clear there IS one, So that is 100% a dungeon by the literal meaning.
Dungeon of Crystalia is meant to be the dungeons under the castle, so that's another dungeon and again, roofs seam heavily implied.
Von Drakks manor.. again, we could debate some of them tiles cause I would say some are lower grounds of the manor and they seam very much vaulted so Dungeons again!
Pet parade comes with a 100% dungeon tile (the Pet Prison).
Forbidden king tiles? outside ones aren't really dungeons at all. the castle side? hard to tell on some of them, cause while a vault doesn't need to be underground it's mostly the case it is and for dungeon.... I would be happy to say they are atleast some underground. so MORE DUNGEONS!
flip side for Von Drakk is a Glauerdoom moor town.. Not dungeon.
Midnight tower... mm.. clearly chambers and chambers are vaults and vaults as we now know, are dungeons so.. Dungeons! again!

So, we know that, unlike what you claimed, most of the tiles are dungeons by the literal English meaning. What about RPG gaming meaning of dungeon? well, Dungeon traditionally was the same. Lets take the First Hyrule fantasy adventure game 'The Legend of Zelda' (sadly, for some reason, they never made other Hyrule fantasy adventure games.. just kept making Zelda games...). All of the 'Dungeons' are underground. I can't remember if any of the ones in the second game are even called dungeons so slip that.. by the third game, 'dungeons' now referred to above ground places like the Lost Woods and around this period, dungeons in RPGs referred to 'levels' which missions took place on, separated from the 'overmap'. SDE doesn't have a overmap persay, we just have the Levels, so in RPG wise, dungeons. this isn't really the right meaning of Dungeon, but was accepted since the late 80s, mid 90s Japanese RPGs and fantasy games.

so.. on the literal meaning, we have plenty of dungeons.
now lets see.. on to some more of your idea.. Explore.. Oh !SODA!.. like soo many words, it doesn't have one sole meaning. you picked the first.. but part of it can be to examine in detail. in medicine, this is used a lot cause you explore the wound, even though it's laid out in front of you. If someone gave me a closed box, if I looked at it in more detail and then opened it (or even just opened it to see what is inside) that is technically exploring the box. for some reason, you seam to say you play SDE with the players knowing what is in each treasure chest ("everything is in order and known to the players").. well, it's not like a guidebook which tells you in which box is what treasure.. Oh !SODA! again.. that means if I play a RPG with a guide book like that, I'm not exploring, so I'm not really playing the game right.. well, good thing in ever use them anyway ^_^ (oh, by the way, the REALLY literal meaning for Explore is to search out or investigate.. but that is only if you want to go back to real root words and not the stupid 'evolution of language' which means literal now means figurative..)

right.. so while there isn't much exploring, there is some. might not be to your taste, but it's there.

Did we look at the word 'super'? it means very good or pleasant. +Good stuff. Or in gaming terms, it means it's the Snes version ^_^

Oh and techinally, we can say update for the KS are still updates, even if you don't like them.. mostly cause they are updating us on the world of Crystalia.. it's not what most really want right now or anything, but just cause you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not what it is.. I don't like the Beatles (apart from one song as sung by them), doesn't mean it's not music.

as for 'private information' and stuff... yeah, sorry but I tend to take all that with some salt.. I've known people that are working for a small shop which is about to be brought out claiming various different companies are going to do it or they are going to close it, and they are mostly wrong. Does the checkout girl know what the manager's meeting is about? the cleaning man has more chance of knowing from the waste paper basket but that doesn't mean too much either..

that said.. fair enough if you don't have the stomach to keep playing or have any interest in SDE anymore.. so I take it you are another one that will be leaving us soon? atleast for the time being?

================

July 9th, 2018, 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Remember, unless you're fighting a giant magic lizards in different underground prison, you're not playing Dungeon and Dragons. It's right there in the name after all! :P

July 9th, 2018, 11:55 am
Mini-Boss

Wanna argue on the meaning of Dragon? why do they have to be giant? why lizard? I would see them more like Dinosaurs which aren't lizards but 'Dinosauria' family which are Chordata group, of which more then half of them are fish.. of course, it gets more confusing as Dinosauriformes was created for ones like Herrerasaurs who were not seen as Dinosauria's, so both Dinosauria and dinosauriformes are types of dinosaur famliys.. If the dragon has short arms and a perforated acetabulum (a part of the hip joint) then it's a dinosauriform, else it's more Dinosauria.. of course, there are other types of dragon.. Pernese are more Cat like with smooth skin, Chinese are very hairy and more like snakes, European is more 'reptile' like (of which a lizard is a type of reptile).. Some dragons are shown to be able to take on Human form, some are natural animals, some are god-like creations, some are mammals and are able to mate with other mammals (mostly when in human form)\, showing a change in DNA structure.

Ohhh the fun you can have with Dragons ^_^ and funny enough, I was gonna make a comment on Dungeons and Dragons.. Might I also point out that not everyone was a Rouge trader in that game (which became Warhammer 40K, of which the Warhammer itself was rarely seen), Most versions of Cluedo share very little with Ludo (the game it was loosely based on and thus took the name.. when transferred to America, it was felt people didn't know the name 'Ludo' so they renamed it to just the 'clue' part.. making the title pretty dull).

================

July 9th, 2018, 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3