View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 19th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Incoming June 13th! New Masterclass Mini-boss and 2 Heroes. 
Ninja Corps

So June looks like a busy month with Ninjas and now Masterclass stuff coming out.

https://www.facebook.com/NDSPM/photos/pcb.10156579377909459/10156579377529459/?type=3&theater

Hecate Vilehorn: New Undead Thundervale Druid Miniboss!
Quote:
"Hecate Vilehorn was once one of the most respected Thundervale druids. But she became obsessed with the idea of immortality and sought after it with a combination of druidic magic, and things she learned studying the ways of various witch covens. Her druidic kin considered this quest an affront to the natural world and, when she refused to stop, they destroyed her. Through vile magic she rose once more and now she stalks the Glaurdoom Moor, searching for the spell that will end her twilight of undeath and bring her back entirely."

Gloomborn Champion: New Undead Human Hero!
Quote:
" While most necromancers sever the intellect from their creations, a few risen are allowed to retain their knowledge and even personalities. Typically this is so they can serve as lieutenants, mages, or fulfill other skilled necessities in the necromancer's plan. Occasionally this backfires, and a Gloomborn Champion is born. Former Heroes, Gloomborn Champions fight free of the necromancer's control and escape their enslavement."

The Celestial Healer: New Centaur Hero!
Quote:
"The Celestial Healers trace their origins before even the founding of the Temple of Light, and claim to be the first disciples of the Goddess. Dedicated to using divine grace to heal wounds and cure disease, many Celestial Healers take strict vows of peace, swearing to only guard and preserve life. A Celestial Healer's vow should never be taken as a sign of weakness; though they never throw the first stone, they know how to finish a fight."

June 7th, 2018, 12:41 am
Mini-Boss

Those look sweet. I have a question though does anyone know when the warg is going to be back in stock? I missed out on the first time the warg was available and the website says it will be back in stock soon but when?

June 7th, 2018, 2:27 am
Bottle Cap

This would be great if I had any confidence they would deliver. Legends being super late, not answering emails because of moving, many people (including me) are waiting for product from 4 months back, not great reports from their other projects. They have too many irons in the fire and not even acknowledging it. This is kinda sad.

June 7th, 2018, 5:44 pm
Bottle Cap

*sigh* I am very much interested in all of those, more so than even the previous master class. but alas, I will not be purchasing anything resin. I might reconsider when I receive 2.0, but not before

June 7th, 2018, 9:24 pm
Denizen

@Squirrel - I think that's the *right/intelligent* thing to do, but I don't know if I'll have the self control (we'll find out next week!). The good news is that none of these (as far as we know) are limited edition so they *should* be available when we get 2.0, too.

One thing that has bugging me greatly is that they flipped the art on the hero cards and I can't stand why!

June 7th, 2018, 9:42 pm
Minion

So, more figures to buy...

I will contemplate of buying these only if they first post me my valentine Candy and WotF chibis...

I like the centaurs though.

June 8th, 2018, 6:49 am
Denizen

2 of these were previewed as just images during the KS earlier, the other one wasn't... problem is this is gonna be pricey.. checking the FB I see some... erm.. stupid comments but oh well..
my bank account probably isn't gonna be too happy.. I didn't bother with Wahg or Randy cause I wasn't a big fan of them.. they are okay but not something to rush out and buy.. but I've been impressed and happy with Candy and the Mushroom.

they said they would show the CGI sculpts soon so i'll see how they turn out if I have to decide to limit what ones or get all three..

================

June 8th, 2018, 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Consul

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@Squirrel - I think that's the *right/intelligent* thing to do, but I don't know if I'll have the self control (we'll find out next week!). The good news is that none of these (as far as we know) are limited edition so they *should* be available when we get 2.0, too.

They just had to shove that Valentine Candy out, didn't they? Since I skipped it, even if my interest in SDE should be revived and I should get the urge to buy the new Masterclass series, it would all be in vain since the collection is now incomplete.
Call me irrational, call me OCD... That's just how I roll 8-)

Granted while I hated Randy with a passion, most of these are really cool. I never had a problem with the design of Tusk Raider (only the whole resin and no-ROTW thing).
The mushroom wizard and new centaur are really cool in particular.

Not so hooked on the undead centaur... I don't think it's design quite follow the SDE style.
It's *okay* but it looks like it came from another game - which is what I actually thought when I first saw it on Facebook.

June 8th, 2018, 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
They just had to shove that Valentine Candy out, didn't they? Since I skipped it, even if my interest in SDE should be revived and I should get the urge to buy the new Masterclass series, it would all be in vain since the collection is now incomplete.
Call me irrational, call me OCD... That's just how I roll 8-)

The resin "masterclass" have ended my goal of getting the complete collection for SDE. The cost of 3 or 4 SPM/ND recent resin miniatures, would be the same cost for Arcadia Quest. Which I recently purchased and looks to be a really fun game to play.

June 8th, 2018, 2:13 pm
Denizen

@akai - ooh! hope you enjoy AQ, it seems to be a very successful product line :). I'm scared to get into it b/c....more minis more trouble!

But yeah, justifying the cost of the resin minis for gameplay purposes just....I don't think you can, so you really need your inner hobbyist/painter to make it so.

June 8th, 2018, 2:50 pm
Minion

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@akai - ooh! hope you enjoy AQ, it seems to be a very successful product line :). I'm scared to get into it b/c....more minis more trouble!

But yeah, justifying the cost of the resin minis for gameplay purposes just....I don't think you can, so you really need your inner hobbyist/painter to make it so.

Yeah, if you are a completionist there always seem to be a nagging sense of trying to collect them all! AQ have a different aesthetic from ND/SPM but quality of the miniature sculpts detail is on par with SPM/ND (in my opinion) and makes it a better value than the resin masterclasses. Maybe holiday discounts in the future, I will pick up some additional resin figures from ND/SPM.

June 8th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Minion

I own all of the Arcadia quest, good product, good game I do not regret my purchase. Even put in on their new kickstarter.

June 8th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Minion

I hate the AQ minis, so I won't buy the game even if I do like chibi games.

AQ style is just so square and ugly. I very much prefer ND round and cute style chibis far more.

June 11th, 2018, 6:53 am
Denizen

An option is, of course, to proxy the AQ minis with SDE minis :).

That's assuming you're interested in the game portion. If not, there are plenty of other good games around!

June 11th, 2018, 5:23 pm
Minion

That is an option, I guess, but I kind of would like to play SDE arcade instead...

June 11th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Minion

Foxwhisperer wrote:
That is an option, I guess, but I kind of would like to play SDE arcade instead...

That's my opinion of the SDE vs AQ debate, from what I've gathered AQ is slight better as a game if you some up something so subjective as a game BUT the models put me off as I think they are horrible in both style and execution and I only have room in my heart, house and wallet for one massive collectible chibi miniature dungeon crawler.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 11th, 2018, 6:55 pm
Minion

Rainthezangoose wrote:
Foxwhisperer wrote:

That's my opinion of the SDE vs AQ debate, from what I've gathered AQ is slight better as a game if you some up something so subjective as a game BUT the models put me off as I think they are horrible in both style and execution and I only have room in my heart, house and wallet for one massive collectible chibi miniature dungeon crawler.

Both Super Dungeon as is and Arcadia Quest don't feel like a dungeon crawler to me (certain sense of exploration). More like fantasy combat games. Both main game modes fill a different niche. Super Dungeon is cooperation against the AI or DM, while Arcadia Quest is multi-group PvP

June 11th, 2018, 7:39 pm
Denizen

@akai - Hrmm... it's interesting to me you feel they aren't a dungeon crawler. What would make it a dungeon crawler in your eyes? a persistence of characters (like what SDE:L was originally going to be prior to the change to light RP)?

I agree, there isn't the sense of exploration, but I did not enjoy FK's implementation of explore cards, and when I think of dungeon crawlers like Diablo, for example, it's exploring maybe the first time through, but then you just tend to grind/farm certain levels, which is kind of how SDE feels to me. I guess I didn't think of exploration as part of a dungeon crawler b/c each dungeon is randomized with the tiles for variety, but there really isn't 'surprises' except for the Challenge/Plot cards, which is something I really enjoy in the SDE 2.0 rules in place of the previous explore cards.

June 11th, 2018, 9:05 pm
Minion

akai wrote:
Both Super Dungeon as is and Arcadia Quest don't feel like a dungeon crawler to me (certain sense of exploration). More like fantasy combat games. Both main game modes fill a different niche. Super Dungeon is cooperation against the AI or DM, while Arcadia Quest is multi-group PvP

Honesty that initial visual misconception of SDE being more of a dungeon crawler then it is, is why I was so quick to back SDE legends in the first place.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 11th, 2018, 9:06 pm
Minion

@Sleepy_Laughter - For me, a dungeon crawl board game would be HeroQuest, DnD Adventure System, and Descent. The name of the game Super Dungeon Explore is quite misleading. There is not much crawling with the focus entirely on combat. Nothing wrong with that, just a very misleading game title :D

@Rainthezangoose - me too

June 11th, 2018, 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next