View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 18th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 NAS SDE Speculation 
Employee

nakano wrote:
Thanks for the verification @Justin. Shop presentation should have a list like that to be clear it includes 2 clans! I hope Miniature Market adds that deck to their selection soon. Well at least when all decks are available. (I was just thinking whether to get extra Wolf Rider since it's only $7 with 10% discount code, but didn't figure out what else to order yet).

No problem!

Yeah I'll bug someone about the store.

Welp. Off to playtest!

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

June 26th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
But the thinking for all of these NAS releases has been to make them tough. Some spawning points are less powerful, that's the nature of SDE. But, to be blunt, the people who are still sticking with us (thank you!) are probably very familiar with our games, and we felt that stronger spawning points that had new challenges would be more enjoyable (note the difficulty rating on Onibaba). Of course, that may not be your experience! So always feel free to reach out and let me know.

Honestly reading all of Justin comments always makes me feel better about this company in general. I played against Clan Tanchyo in Arcade and the mini boss is brutal, not over powered just strong. I honestly just love seeing non-minion/monster spawn points (I've been itching to get the crown guard warband from the legends KS) because I just like the idea of having my games of Arena make visual sense. So for me, someone who loved the NAS aesthetic but not really ever took to the game play of NAS, this is just perfect for me. While the spawn points are strong, I also think the Heros are pretty strong to match. If you playing Ninjas, use Ninja heros. I particularity strong combo I found was using Hanzo and the Wondering Samurai just to spam 'behind me peasant' to play 'wound allocation' games.

Justin this is actually to you directly but two questions, will this effect Legends in any way? What I mean is, it makes sense with all this 'retconing' that there should be NAS themed Classes and Jobs now. I'm not even suggesting they should be added to the kickstarter (lets just get it finished first eh :P), but maybe even a whole 'Ninja Legends' supplement book in the future with additional class/jobs/fluffbits and a ninja themed campaign.
Also, with NAS getting rolled into SDE, will RRI be getting a similar fate in the future?? I only ask because NAS being rolled into SDE can only be from NAS not having performed as well as it needed to be as a standalone IP. Obviously correct me if I'm wrong as I'm only basing my claims on gossip, but I can't image RRI has done better then NAS. Since all three share a design aesthetic is Super Dungeon Explore going to became a Chibi 'mortal realms'?

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 27th, 2018, 9:43 am
Denizen

Atm SDL Beta has a single Wanderer > Ninja Class/Job and all the monster ninjas would not be horribly difficult to port to the SDL framework. I guess it's a matter of official content vs. homebrew at that point. Assuming SDL does well, I would expect NAS expansion with maybe their own Class/Job system to be the follow-up. I, for one, would be interested in an SDL ninja expansion of material for lore, class/jobs, items, monsters bestiary, etc. etc. on top of adventures (how DOES one port running on escalation/roofs to SDE/SDL elegantly?).

Moving RRI to SDE or even SDL I think may be against the original IP expectations (since ND/SPM specifically decided SOTC would be exclusives and did not fit the IP theme). At the same time, I think there may be significantly less RRI product/backlog to work with to repackage/move into SDE?

If RRI was moved into SDE, I would expect it to be something like Super Starship Explore or maybe a sister Sci-Fi type system. Seems to be the time to move on it with Starcadia Quest coming up and ND already doing the Starfinder minis.

June 27th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Employee

Yes, the core Legends book will be updated to include classes for Kaiken, Yajiri, and Madoushi. If Legends does well at retail, a ninja-themed legends book is certainly a possibility, but it depends.

There are no plans to convert RRI to SDE.

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

June 27th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Denizen

Wow! I'm looking forward to see the changes (when they're ready, of course ;)).

June 27th, 2018, 7:06 pm
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
Yes, the core Legends book will be updated to include classes for Kaiken, Yajiri, and Madoushi. If Legends does well at retail, a ninja-themed legends book is certainly a possibility, but it depends.

There are no plans to convert RRI to SDE.

Can I just say thank you for your quick and straight to the point answer. I'm glad to hear at least the first half of that.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 28th, 2018, 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4