View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 NAS SDE Speculation 
Employee

nakano wrote:
Thanks for the verification @Justin. Shop presentation should have a list like that to be clear it includes 2 clans! I hope Miniature Market adds that deck to their selection soon. Well at least when all decks are available. (I was just thinking whether to get extra Wolf Rider since it's only $7 with 10% discount code, but didn't figure out what else to order yet).

No problem!

Yeah I'll bug someone about the store.

Welp. Off to playtest!

Email: justin.gibbs@ninjadivision.com

June 26th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
But the thinking for all of these NAS releases has been to make them tough. Some spawning points are less powerful, that's the nature of SDE. But, to be blunt, the people who are still sticking with us (thank you!) are probably very familiar with our games, and we felt that stronger spawning points that had new challenges would be more enjoyable (note the difficulty rating on Onibaba). Of course, that may not be your experience! So always feel free to reach out and let me know.

Honestly reading all of Justin comments always makes me feel better about this company in general. I played against Clan Tanchyo in Arcade and the mini boss is brutal, not over powered just strong. I honestly just love seeing non-minion/monster spawn points (I've been itching to get the crown guard warband from the legends KS) because I just like the idea of having my games of Arena make visual sense. So for me, someone who loved the NAS aesthetic but not really ever took to the game play of NAS, this is just perfect for me. While the spawn points are strong, I also think the Heros are pretty strong to match. If you playing Ninjas, use Ninja heros. I particularity strong combo I found was using Hanzo and the Wondering Samurai just to spam 'behind me peasant' to play 'wound allocation' games.

Justin this is actually to you directly but two questions, will this effect Legends in any way? What I mean is, it makes sense with all this 'retconing' that there should be NAS themed Classes and Jobs now. I'm not even suggesting they should be added to the kickstarter (lets just get it finished first eh :P), but maybe even a whole 'Ninja Legends' supplement book in the future with additional class/jobs/fluffbits and a ninja themed campaign.
Also, with NAS getting rolled into SDE, will RRI be getting a similar fate in the future?? I only ask because NAS being rolled into SDE can only be from NAS not having performed as well as it needed to be as a standalone IP. Obviously correct me if I'm wrong as I'm only basing my claims on gossip, but I can't image RRI has done better then NAS. Since all three share a design aesthetic is Super Dungeon Explore going to became a Chibi 'mortal realms'?

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 27th, 2018, 9:43 am
Mini-Boss

Atm SDL Beta has a single Wanderer > Ninja Class/Job and all the monster ninjas would not be horribly difficult to port to the SDL framework. I guess it's a matter of official content vs. homebrew at that point. Assuming SDL does well, I would expect NAS expansion with maybe their own Class/Job system to be the follow-up. I, for one, would be interested in an SDL ninja expansion of material for lore, class/jobs, items, monsters bestiary, etc. etc. on top of adventures (how DOES one port running on escalation/roofs to SDE/SDL elegantly?).

Moving RRI to SDE or even SDL I think may be against the original IP expectations (since ND/SPM specifically decided SOTC would be exclusives and did not fit the IP theme). At the same time, I think there may be significantly less RRI product/backlog to work with to repackage/move into SDE?

If RRI was moved into SDE, I would expect it to be something like Super Starship Explore or maybe a sister Sci-Fi type system. Seems to be the time to move on it with Starcadia Quest coming up and ND already doing the Starfinder minis.

June 27th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Employee

Yes, the core Legends book will be updated to include classes for Kaiken, Yajiri, and Madoushi. If Legends does well at retail, a ninja-themed legends book is certainly a possibility, but it depends.

There are no plans to convert RRI to SDE.

June 27th, 2018, 5:52 pm
Mini-Boss

Wow! I'm looking forward to see the changes (when they're ready, of course ;)).

June 27th, 2018, 7:06 pm
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
Yes, the core Legends book will be updated to include classes for Kaiken, Yajiri, and Madoushi. If Legends does well at retail, a ninja-themed legends book is certainly a possibility, but it depends.

There are no plans to convert RRI to SDE.

Can I just say thank you for your quick and straight to the point answer. I'm glad to hear at least the first half of that.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 28th, 2018, 1:46 am
Minion

ND_Justin wrote:
sleepy_laughter wrote:
@ND_Justin - in case you're still out there, Zenyo Ryu has a 2AP Offensive Action A Feather for Each Eye: Missile 5 Massive Damage

Is there something we're missing with this ability? Compared to Storm of Arrows or just basic missile attacks with a decent chance of critical success, at what point is it intended for this ability to add value? It seems very edge case.

Yeah, it is a lackluster action. It has its place if you have a bonus on your next attack, or you really want to do 2 wounds on a spawning point before it can spawn (you have a higher chance of doing 2 wounds with the single attack, just also a higher chance of doing 0 wounds).

But it's not about balancing individual actions so much as balancing the Hero as a whole. And the rest of Zenyo Ryu is really good! It can reliably make 5 attacks between Storm of Arrows and Wind of Blades, so its other option just wasn't going to be really stellar. It'll get used sometimes though.
[/quote]

I feel like you would logically NEVER use that attack.

Even if you had a bonus on an attack, you do, what? 3 wounds if you hit with a crit? You could still get the same results with a bonus to a basic attack and then use a second basic attack. No offense, but it just seems like that attack wasn't well thought out/ could've been replaced with something else.

Also, is there a reason why the explore Dark Kitsune has 4 AP?

July 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm
Employee

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
Also, is there a reason why the explore Dark Kitsune has 4 AP?

Yes.

That is not a typo. :)

July 26th, 2018, 5:17 pm
Mini-Boss

@ND_justin are all of the ninja conversions in internal play testing if so which ninja clan os your favorite to play?

July 27th, 2018, 4:21 am
Employee

vreeleader wrote:
@ND_justin are all of the ninja conversions in internal play testing if so which ninja clan os your favorite to play?

All except for Tora are.

Ika are probably my favorite. There's some interesting choice there and I just love the name Squidical Hit.

July 27th, 2018, 10:38 pm
Mini-Boss

Squidical hit is funny i like that. Do you happen to know which clans will be in the next upgrade deck?

July 28th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Mini-Boss

I think Justin mentioned previously that ijin and yamazaru are next as is onibaba as dungeon boss. That leaves Ika and tora last. I just hope when NAS crossover is done releasing we aren’t left hanging for SDL.

July 29th, 2018, 12:02 am
Mini-Boss

Hopefully things get back on track soon the kickstarter page has some really gnarly comments on it. The masterclass resins are keeping my sde itch at bay but it would be nice to get the legends ball rolling again.

July 29th, 2018, 1:07 am
Ninja Corps

THe last couple weeks my game group has played using largely new stuff from the SDE conversion kit. BOth arcade and explore. It's been great with this new stuff. The Kitsune spawn is really well done, we think. Scary and dangerous without feeling oppressive. The hero side has been either new ninja heroes or new masterclass stuff (except the one person who never played anything but Princess Malya). Just that smallish amount of stuff has really brought new interest to the game. Hopefully it's working for others as well. I really want to run the gnome tank next. XD

July 29th, 2018, 7:42 am
Mini-Boss

So far we have a ban on the ninja stuff. They just look too mean and if the one side gets ninjas the other side gets ninjas and we have yet to commit to them lol. With the print and play rules for classic we have had a blast I am going to print the stuff for arcade soon so i can finally try arcade mode.

July 29th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Mini-Boss

@justin is the next ninja wave to arrive in september? Also can/will you give a list of the minis in the next ninja update.

August 26th, 2018, 7:58 am
Mini-Boss

This is what Justin's mentioned so far:

Assume NAS Pack 2 will include:
Ijin Clan Warband - Rampage mechanic
Yamazaru Clan Warband - ??? mechanic
Yobuko (Ijin)
Bomechan (Ijin)
Mizaru (Yamazaru)
Son Goku (Yamazaru)
Onibaba - Dungeon boss

Format for NAS pack 1 was:
2 clans & associated heroes
7 ronin including 1 dungeon boss, 2 mini boss, 4 heroes

We know Ika and Tora /w associated heroes are expected for NAS pack 3.

We know they plan to release character specific cards for the ronin in NAS SDE Ambush

Ronin still to be released (16)
Momotaro
Howl & Yip
Onyro (most likely pack 3)
Kappa
Inu Clan Shinobi
Ondori Clan Kaiken
Goemon (unlikely as no retail package)
Bakusho Mondai
Yagyu Jubei
Arashikage
Shojo
Momuso
Yokozuna
Blind Swordsman (unlikely as no retail package)
Mochizuki
Musashi

I would expect Onyro, Goemon and Blind Swordsman, if they are released, to be pack 3 due to...things.

Assuming this follows the first upgrade pack, we should expect 7-8 more ronin with the rest in the last upgrade pack.

Of these, only 4 are non human and thus likely candidates for bosses.
Onyro (most likely pack 3 dungeon boss)
Kappa
Inu Clan Shinobi
Ondori Clan Kaiken

August 26th, 2018, 5:22 pm
Ninja Corps

sleepy_laughter wrote:

Of these, only 4 are non human and thus likely candidates for bosses.
Onyro (most likely pack 3 dungeon boss)
Kappa
Inu Clan Shinobi
Ondori Clan Kaiken

Uh everything on your list got a retail release or at least a french/spanish one. Just recently got my order from French site including Onyro, Goemon and Blind Swordsman. All of them in single blister packs with all the ad inserts.

August 26th, 2018, 10:39 pm
Mini-Boss

@ape2020 - oh? Interesting. Do you have pics?

I have not seen any retail packs for Onyro, Goemon, and Blind Swordsman, certainly not in English/in the US. I've only seen them available from buying KS packs on ebay.

that would explain the much higher availability of these from EU retailer (which I checked out, but it'd be cheaper to just buy it from ND if/when they repackage release them).

I'm assuming those 3 will be released to retail, they're just not readily available now in the US as singles.

August 27th, 2018, 2:06 pm
Ninja Corps

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@ape2020 - oh? Interesting. Do you have pics?

I have not seen any retail packs for Onyro, Goemon, and Blind Swordsman, certainly not in English/in the US. I've only seen them available from buying KS packs on ebay.

that would explain the much higher availability of these from EU retailer (which I checked out, but it'd be cheaper to just buy it from ND if/when they repackage release them).

I'm assuming those 3 will be released to retail, they're just not readily available now in the US as singles.

Sorry I cut them out to put in bin storage. But they are the same blister packaging as US releases ones save for the language and having two character cards (one French and one Spanish).

As for the price this site called Philibert was clearing them out so I bought ten singles ;
Onryo
Arashikage
Shojo
Yokozuna
Yobuko
Musashi
Goemon
Kappa
L'Epetiste Aveugle aka blind samurai
Samurai Errant de I'Empire du aka ronin Sun Empire.

Total $75 including shipping to Seattle, WA USA.

Don't know if the sale is still going as I ordered these a month or two ago.

August 27th, 2018, 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next