View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 20th, 2018, 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NAS SDE Speculation 
Mini-Boss

It is clear that some clans will have single spawn points, while others will use a double spawner.

I believe that all Chunin will be mini boxxes, and all Madoushi will be spawn points (although I'd love to see an oni as a spawn point sometime)

I think that this will be based on the minis that come in the box- if there is an even number of every different type of ninja (other than chunin) then it will be two single spawn points, and if there is an odd number of any of those, then it will become a double spawn point.

Clan Tora- Two Single Spawn Points
Clan Yamazaru- Two Single Spawn Points
Clan Ika- Two Single Spawn Points
Clan Ijin- Double Spawn Point

I think that each clan box is set to become a Warband box, with every Chunin becoming a mini boss, and every Hero becoming a hero.

Have they stated the number of waves they're doing? I thought I read that it was four. If they feature two ninja clans in each wave, then that would leave one wave without any clan boxes. It is entirely possible that the last wave could feature some board tiles and Samurai Creeps/Pets!

I would expect them to make a single boss in each wave (it just seems nice and balanced to me). Going with the "most evil people get to be bosses" approach, I believe that makes Onryu and Onibaba strong candidates for bossness (both are super cool and totally evil minis).

If that's the model they're following, that leaves one more character that gets to become a boss. I'd say Yobuko is the best candidate here.

Another option, they could go with a non-evil boss (something that SDE seems to be wanting more and more). In that case, I'd put my money on Yaguo Jubei (he's a pretty legendary swordsman after all).

June 6th, 2018, 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

From the NAS joins SDE post:

Beginning June 27, clan boxes, heroes, and ronin for Ninja All-Stars will be reissued as expansions for Super Dungeon, beginning with: Clan Kitsune (Warband), Uzumaki (Hero), Hanzo (Hero), and Jorogumo (Dungeon Boss), with additional expansions reissued monthly. These expansions will feature new Super Dungeon packaging and all of the cards necessary to play in Super Dungeon: Arena, Super Dungeon: Explore, and Super Dungeon: Arcade.

Additionally, each wave of releases will be accompanied by Super Dungeon x Ninja All-Stars Upgrade Deck. Each quarterly upgrade deck will contain the cards necessary for retailers and distributors to upgrade their existing stock and for customers to play using their existing Ninja All-Stars collections, for use in Super Dungeon. Monthly releases and upgrade decks will be available through ninjadivision.com and all your normal retail and distribution outlets.

June 6th, 2018, 6:52 pm
Denizen

Given it's ND/SPM, I think we should set proper expectations that they may not stick to any release schedule they set or they may delay stuff as needed. Nor do I think we'd necessarily expect each update will be 'equal'.

In terms of NAS products to reissue there are:

Water Shrine >> assume will use NAS SDE ambush
Fire Shrine >> assume will use NAS SDE ambush
Void Shrine >> assume will use NAS SDE ambush
Spirit Shrine >> assume will use NAS SDE ambush
Earth Shrine >> Included in NAS SDE Ambush
Air Shrine >> Included in NAS SDE Ambush
Samurai Sentries
6 Clan Heroes
Kunoichi Candy >> already in SDE as mini boss/hero expansion
Ninja/Stealth Cola >> already in SDE as mini boss/hero expansion
Shrines >> Included in NAS SDE Ambush
Lanterns
23 ronin >> 3 included in NAS SDE Ambush
6 clan boxes >> expect these to become warbands with 1 hero, 2 spawn points, 1 mini boss.
Moonlight tournament Trophy >> assume this won't be used/ported into SDE
Dice >> assume won't be reused/ported
Cards >> assume won't be reused/ported
Tile >> assume won't be reused/ported

Upcoming Maidens expansion? Tile pack /w creeps? This doesn't really fit into SDE Arena as well.

June 6th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Denizen

@odinsgrandson - I think Tora, Ika, and Yamazaru have the option to be single spawn (and I hope they are for flexibility), but I would not be surprised if at least 1 was paired spawn to 'change it up'. Likewise with the madoushi vs. oni as spawn points vs. elites.

The first pass includes:
1 warband/clan
3 ronin (2 heroes, 1 dungeon boss).

If we look at what's 'left' in the upgrade pack 1:
1 warband/clan
6 ronin (4 heroes, 2 mini boss)

If upgrade packs will be issued quarterly, but there will be monthly expansions reissued, then I would think that the 1 warband/clan and 6 ronin will be released over July/August and we may not see the next upgrade pack until September, which may cover Sept/Oct/Nov. So maybe a release schedule like this:

Upgrade pack 1: June > July > August
2 warbands
9 ronin - 1 dungeon boss, 2 mini boss, 6 heroes

Upgrade pack 2: Sept > Oct > Nov
2 warbands
9 ronin

Upgrade pack 3: Dec > Jan > Feb
2 warbands
2 to 5 ronin (depends if they re-release the 3 included in NAS all Stars with an alt profile - precedence is WOTF)

==================

This would still leave the 6 elemental shrines. Would they issue an upgrade pack from NAS SDE Ambush? Would this even have enough interest? I'm not 100% sure if this was included in the NAS KS or the retail NAS box. If so, then the elemental affinities would cover the elemental shrine models.

Samurai Sentries - maybe these will be pets/creeps (I think someone may have mentioned this b/f). I would expect creeps, but so far all other creeps can be pets.

Lanterns - not sure if there's a good use for these nor if there's a need to do anything with them.
===================

Also, this is ND/SPM we're talking about, so I think we should keep taking any estimate/release dates they announce with a grain of salt. Even if these are repackaged product, they could still experience delays at any point and fall off schedule.

June 6th, 2018, 7:23 pm
Denizen

NAS Tile side 2 SDE port option:

You lose a lot of space if you consider the buildings structures so unless all ninjas had burrow, this greatly reduces the size of the board and causes a lot of chokepoints.

I'll think of how structures in NAS can be better replicated in SDE for movement and LOS.

June 6th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Denizen

If anyone has a good idea of how to make the structures > Elevation/allow movement, I'm open to ideas of how to incorporate it.

I had the thought of either they're Blessing Structures that grant Fly (so you can move onto it), but that removes the up front cost of getting on top of the elevation and allows you to 'fly' at the edge and I think a bit complex.

Or (again) changing it to a different tile effect (elevated), but I'm not entirely sure this is necessary b/c the NAS tiles don't necessarily need to be balanced, just have an option to reuse/play with SDE rules.

June 6th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Mini-Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@odinsgrandson - I think Tora, Ika, and Yamazaru have the option to be single spawn (and I hope they are for flexibility), but I would not be surprised if at least 1 was paired spawn to 'change it up'. Likewise with the madoushi vs. oni as spawn points vs. elites.

I'd love to see some of the Oni act as spawn points- that'd really switch things up.

But are there any SDE double spawners that could easily be divided in two? I can't think of any double spawners that don't have an odd number of something (sometimes several somethings).

I think they are trying to make the boxes fit the Warband model (2x spawn points, a hero and a mini boss). Which is why the Oni are elites, and the Chunin are mini bosses. I seriously doubt that they're going to make any of them not work as a warband.

The Ijin Oni are the big question mark. They've been selling him as a mini boss. I expect that they'll just make them part of an Ijin double spawn point and just have the two stat cards that could work for that model, but they might go so far as to not include the Oni in the Ijin box set (and just have a smaller Ijin clan).

I kind of expect the other three heroes in the Ninja Attack box to just keep their Hidden Shrine status.

June 6th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I don't think any paired spawns can be split b/c they always feature at least one odd number of monster(s)

With the exception of Elemental Shrine, I think all the paired spawns have 11 models/monsters

Elemental Shrine > 1 chunin, 1 madoushi, 3 kaiken (total 9 models)
Claw Shrine > 3 drake hound trainers (total 11 models)
Grabby House > 1 shamble priest (total 11 models)
Kobold Warrens > 1 dragon priest, 3 gougers, 3 knuckleheads (11 models)
Old Growth Hollow > 1 lil sprout/King Sprout > 11-12 models
Rock Pile > 1 Crusher > 11 models
Shallow Grave > 1 Dust coven Necromancer > 11 models

NAS Clan Warband have:
Tanchyo solo spawn > 6, including spawn point
Kistune paired spawn > 12, including spawn point

June 6th, 2018, 11:20 pm
Denizen

Ok found a post by Lawrence (ND marketing manager) that broke the NAS news in one of the fb chibi groups that upgrade pack 1 does not include all the pdf cards just kitsune uzumaki jorogumo and Hanzo. So I don’t know what they mean by monthly and quarterly releases. The shipping is a huge deterrent to buying the upgrade packs so with all the new masterclass releases I guess the goal is for it to be an add on.

June 7th, 2018, 1:48 am
Denizen

Oh it hasn't all cards of pdf... That's a let down. It's going to be at least $30 + shipping to get everything. I hope for a retail bundle of $20 = all 6 upgrade packs.

With dual onis they could create a mini-boss that has 2 models on board when it spawns.

June 7th, 2018, 5:30 am
Denizen

@nakano I like the idea of a 2 model mini boss. It’s be interesting to see how they implement it.

I also hope for a card bundle.

At the same time I’m actually satisfied with my PNP arcade so I may futz around with the pdf to see if I can make it more printer friendly to reduce cost of printing.

June 7th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Mini-Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Ok found a post by Lawrence (ND marketing manager) that broke the NAS news in one of the fb chibi groups that upgrade pack 1 does not include all the pdf cards just kitsune uzumaki jorogumo and Hanzo. So I don’t know what they mean by monthly and quarterly releases. The shipping is a huge deterrent to buying the upgrade packs so with all the new masterclass releases I guess the goal is for it to be an add on.

Oh, that's a let down

June 7th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Upgrade pack = $5
Postage = $14
Using foxy ninjas in SDE = priceless (?)

June 8th, 2018, 6:53 am
Ninja Corps

It may be of interest to people reading this thread, We have started a discussion regarding the ideas for a NAS living rulebook's contents in the NAS forum. specifically this thread viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15925 if anyone is interested in looking or commenting. By the very nature of how rules work, not all ideas can get used. But I would like to see ideas and opinions from as many people as possible at least. If you are interested, pop on over and take a peek!

(I'm cross posting this to a few related NAS threads, just in case some people read only one of them. Sorry if it seems spammy)

June 8th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Minion

Foxwhisperer wrote:
Upgrade pack = $5
Postage = $14
Using foxy ninjas in SDE = priceless (?)

I really hope they come to international distributes. At least you can get a few of the cards of PDF.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 9th, 2018, 9:54 am
Minion

I want to have real cards and not some pdf downloads, so I guess I have no other option than to shell out the cash.

At least I already own all the NAS minis, so I'm just buying the cards.

And I think these will slip through the customs without any additional fees as they're not that expensive.

June 11th, 2018, 6:51 am
Denizen

Foxwhisperer wrote:
I want to have real cards and not some pdf downloads, so I guess I have no other option than to shell out the cash.

At least I already own all the NAS minis, so I'm just buying the cards.

And I think these will slip through the customs without any additional fees as they're not that expensive.

Custom/VAT limit in Finland is 22€ + shipping so it won't be an issue for you. I'll occasionally import small items (total value less than $24 + shipping) from Miniature Market. They have discounts and affordable shipping costs compared to Soda Pop Miniatures Store. I am planning to order mine when all packs are released and they're available on retail.

June 11th, 2018, 7:26 pm
Minion

I went and pre-ordered the NAS SDE Upgrade pack 1.

I get to use the spirit shrine ninjas as different spawn point than the regular NAS spawn point.

But more importantly I get a whole new Dungeon boss!

I still have to use some 1 spawn point unit in addition to the ninjas (maybe the mushrooms to keep the forest theme of spirit shrine).

But when the cards for the air shrine appear (pre-order next month?), I finally get a full ninja theme dungeon. The forest maps are propably best fit for the Spirit and Air clans.

June 12th, 2018, 7:25 am
Denizen

Oh, that's a good idea of just using proxies to go with the cards.

Once you get Jorogumo, then technically you can use already have a full ninja theme dungeon using the NAS ambush cards.

A kinoshroom spawn point would be silly, but in a fun way. Do you really need to proxy one, though?

I think NAS ambush box (assuming this is what you have) comes with:
2 madoushi, 6 kaiken, 4 yajiri, 2 oni, 4 kunoichi

Kitsune clan needs:
2 madoushi, 3 kaiken, 3 yajiri, 2 oni, 2 kunoichi

still have 3 kaiken, 1 yajiri, and 2 kunoichi left over.

So there is some combining of the two NAS paired spawn points to make the kitsune paired spawn work via proxy.

Hard to say when the air shrine upgrade pack will show up. Lawrence said new releases each month and new upgrade pack each quarter.

June 12th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2