View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2018, 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Ninja All-Stars repackaged for Super Dungeons Explore 
Mini-Boss

akai wrote:
odinsgrandson wrote:
At least, by making Kagejima a separate continent, it justifies why that region has so many more spawn points and heroes than most regions (who mostly have a level box dedicated to them).

It will be interesting to see if the Legends Lore Book will go over other continents or completely ignore them.

I doubt we'll see much about other continents that we don't already know about- but I'd be a bit surprised if they didn't include a section on Kagejima (since the Legends books are still open to have more stuff added to them).

June 6th, 2018, 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Holy Cross wrote:
Yeah I don’t care what anyone says, I’m excited for this.

Also it looks like the first 2 clans upgrade cards are free to download on the Ninja Division site too.

I expect that to continue. They've talked about making all of the cards available for all of their LE releases.

One more thing that I think is interesting- a LOT of people complain every time Warmachine or Malifaux have a new edition and sell an upgrade deck- because they can start costing $20-40 for the new deck.

SPM seem to be addressing this concern by simultaneously making the decks smaller and by wave ($5 isn't expensive) and making them all free online anyway.

I think that's being handled quite well.

June 6th, 2018, 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

That was a very pleasant surprise, yes. I'm a little concerned about how consistent the timeline runs, as well as wether they'll stop Midway through if profits aren't substantial enough to justify continuing it.

June 6th, 2018, 4:33 pm
Denizen

The first upgrade pack seems to come with Kitsune and Tanchyo clans plus having lots of individual models for heroes, mini-bosses and even Jorogumo boss. $5 upgrade pack seems fair for this amount of contents, but I would like to have all 3(?) before buying them. Hope those become available in Miniature Market. This UK seller is clearing lots of Ninja All-Stars at reasonable prices. I ordered the ones I was missing due to upcoming upgrade packs. (For some reason I seem to buy a lot of stuff for SDE in advance before certain items become reality; for example previously TerrainCrate for Legends.) Note that international buyers should request total from seller (button is on shopping basket page) before buying. The shopping basket doesn't seem automatically to calculate combined shipping cost for several items.

June 6th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Denizen

wow, those are fantastic deals (compared to what I could find on the US market). If only ND/SPM's retail prices and shipping were that low ^^;;

June 6th, 2018, 7:27 pm
Ninja Corps

It may be of interest to people reading this thread, We have started a discussion regarding the ideas for a NAS living rulebook's contents in the NAS forum. specifically this thread viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15925 if anyone is interested in looking or commenting. By the very nature of how rules work, not all ideas can get used. But I would like to see ideas and opinions from as many people as possible at least. If you are interested, pop on over and take a peek!

(I'm cross posting this to a few related NAS threads, just in case some people read only one of them. Sorry if it seems spammy)

June 8th, 2018, 9:40 pm
Ninja Corps

Interesting - I'd actually consider picking up the Kitsune clan, but this whole set would be cooler if they had made/repurposed the NAS tiles too. Without the right tiles, I might pass...

June 9th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Ninja Corps

Ricky_Robie wrote:
Interesting - I'd actually consider picking up the Kitsune clan, but this whole set would be cooler if they had made/repurposed the NAS tiles too. Without the right tiles, I might pass...

Should be to hard to re-do the NAS tiles as they are just a grid of dots instead of squares.

But the FK forest tiles IMHO work very well with NAS.

June 9th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Minion

nakano wrote:
The first upgrade pack seems to come with Kitsune and Tanchyo clans plus having lots of individual models for heroes, mini-bosses and even Jorogumo boss. $5 upgrade pack seems fair for this amount of contents, but I would like to have all 3(?) before buying them. Hope those become available in Miniature Market. This UK seller is clearing lots of Ninja All-Stars at reasonable prices. I ordered the ones I was missing due to upcoming upgrade packs. (For some reason I seem to buy a lot of stuff for SDE in advance before certain items become reality; for example previously TerrainCrate for Legends.) Note that international buyers should request total from seller (button is on shopping basket page) before buying. The shopping basket doesn't seem automatically to calculate combined shipping cost for several items.

I'd bought 3 clans and 10 hero blisters of this guy before seeing your post. At those prices how could I pass!! I basically avoided the hero's from Ninja Ambush as I'd still like to get that box set. They also offers very reasonable combined postage, rolled £60+ postage into £6.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 10th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Denizen

Unfortunately the ND marketing lead indicated the upgrade pack 1 is just the kitsune clan and ronin bring rereleased repackaged on 6/27. So the pdf cards will likely represent the first 2 or 3 upgrade packs. And don’t forget about shipping and customs for non US.

June 10th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Bottle Cap

Are the ninjas from the new set going to be significantly different \ from those in the Ninja Ambush rulewise as well?

June 19th, 2018, 2:23 pm
Ninja Corps

They posted preview PDFs for the cards for the kitsune clan. it's significantly different (even uses mobile spawn points in the form of the madoshi).

June 19th, 2018, 2:25 pm
Ninja Corps

LordAba wrote:
Are the ninjas from the new set going to be significantly different \ from those in the Ninja Ambush rulewise as well?

Yup the ninjas in ambush are generic ninjas in SDE and shrine ninja in NAS.

The really question is if the heroes in the ambush set will get new SDE cards with their proper name from NAS? Right now they are all generic Hidden Shrine Mystic, Master, and Infiltrator.

June 19th, 2018, 9:29 pm
Minion

ape2020 wrote:
LordAba wrote:

Yup the ninjas in ambush are generic ninjas in SDE and shrine ninja in NAS.

The really question is if the heroes in the ambush set will get new SDE cards with their proper name from NAS? Right now they are all generic Hidden Shrine Mystic, Master, and Infiltrator.

I really do want to know if the Ninja Ambush set is getting changed. I avoided getting the hero's from that set just in case I picked it up, but now I'm worried all the cards will become invalid init.

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 20th, 2018, 9:15 am
Denizen

I would be very surprised if they make their existing SDE NAS retail product obsolete. Even when they reprinted Roxor 2.0 they kept the cards the same and just changed 3 sculpts.

It is more likely that they will do clan boxes and ronin, but not the base NAS and SDE NAS since those already go together since the SDE NAS ambush has the 2 shrine ninjas that aren't in the base NAS box.

It's just a question for the 3 ronin heroes, who are also available individually, whether they will have individual releases and if so whether they'll get alt profiles. There's no reason to invalidate existing SDE NAS, I think at most we'll get more cards like we are seeing with SDL KS for the FK, Arcade, and classic 2.0 spawn points.

June 20th, 2018, 3:02 pm
Mini-Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Even when they reprinted Roxor 2.0 they kept the cards the same and just changed 3 sculpts.

Actually, the cards for Roxor 2.0 had updates.

June 20th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Denizen

oh, blurp, you got me. That's right, 1.0 > 2.0 cards.

June 20th, 2018, 6:03 pm
Mini-Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
oh, blurp, you got me. That's right, 1.0 > 2.0 cards.

I mean they had updates beyond what was in the FK update pack. Some got updated art, some got added abilities.

June 20th, 2018, 6:16 pm
Denizen

Oh! That is news to me. I’ll have to go through my cards and see what changed.

June 20th, 2018, 10:40 pm
Mini-Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Oh! That is news to me. I’ll have to go through my cards and see what changed.

The Crusher got Bulldozer and No hiding, Slowpokes got Burrow, and Turtle Shell got new art. Fire Gel's Insignificant was updated to match the FAQ, and Roxor's treasures with an affinity bonus had a rectangle added to distinguish the bonus.

June 21st, 2018, 3:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next