View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 24th, 2018, 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 New Resin Model; So they're doing 2 a month now!? 
Mini-Boss

Also, take note that Resin molds are mostly a hell of a lot cheaper to make then Plastic molds, which are mostly steels. Both Steel molds and resin casting moulds are limited casts. Resin castings ones normally run through faster, but, as I said, they are a hell of a lot cheaper to make and replace. and Quicker, so it kinda balances out. just cause they are cheaper, doesn't mean they are cheap in bulks.. a steel mould can do a fair sized bulk, but Resin ones can't really.

for resin casting, I would recommend a silicone mold as you basically don't need to use a mold release. Plastic is good and keeps detail more I believe, but due to being more solid, has it's own problems and you more need a mold release. Putty's are okay to use but not fantastic if you wish to reuse the mold a number of times. Same with plaster. anyway.. there are TONS of great reasons to use Resin for figures, and a few bad ones.. while annoying, for the price, they are okay for more detailed smaller runs like this.

================

May 22nd, 2018, 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4