View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pure combat PvP? 
Minion

I know there is Arena, and I find it quite nice, but with so many heroes, sometimes I'm wondering if a kind of Hero team vs. Hero team (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc.) could be achieved?

Just wondering if/how people did 8-)

May 4th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Ninja Corps

sproutchu wrote:
I know there is Arena, and I find it quite nice, but with so many heroes, sometimes I'm wondering if a kind of Hero team vs. Hero team (2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc.) could be achieved?

It wouldn't be hard to do, fundamentally. But it would be hard to do it in such a way that it wasn't just "lets roll dice and see who rolls better" I think. That's why there is a diversity of model types in arena, it adds a tactical level to it that wouldn't exist in an arena with equal numbers of (basically) equally matched models.

May 4th, 2018, 10:21 pm
Denizen

sproutchu wrote:

Ive written a 3v3/4v4 battlegrounds in the idea of capture the flag.

If you've ever played World Of Warcraft, think Warsong Gulch.

It's a great time, and a boatload of fun. So yes it can be done. I even have an Alterac Valley style game in the works, that one needs a lot of tweaking though to make it run smooth. With the opening of the Temporal Caverns going on in my SDE world, AV has taken a back seat for a bit.

May 7th, 2018, 11:03 am
Minion

Hmmmm, good to hear, thanks!

We played a 3 way King of the Hill Arena match this week-end, with a target of 3 points instead of the regular 5 for two players.

I worked remarkably well! The wife took the lead for a while, then I started scoring. Our friend then catched up and came close to winning, but I abused my Madoushi's ability in a blitz that scored me my last point.

Surprised how well it worked and we had a ton of fun. :D

May 7th, 2018, 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]