View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 23rd, 2018, 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 New Resin Model in May? 
Denizen

With the way the trend has been going, can we expect a new hero or boss or something in may to order? (Perhaps something a little less LROD?)

Do we expect to see a release, is that the new business plan? I for one would like to see something sweet like a big baddy, or something.

Any thoughts?

April 27th, 2018, 5:02 pm
Denizen

I think it's safe to assume we'll have one in May. I'm hoping for some creepy kind of mini-boss riding a giant stag beetle.

April 27th, 2018, 5:36 pm
Mini-Boss

I'd honestly like to see a new resin boss sometime (no creeps necessary, just a boss).

I don't have anything in particular in mind, but my Walrus is a fantastic mini.

April 27th, 2018, 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

We've had a small hero, large hero, and mini boss - none of which we're lacking (I feel bad I can't play with all the mini bosses!). Extra mini bosses I think are good for Arena, but I don't actually know how popular that play is :).

I would love a new boss (with associated creeps), but expect it'll cost a pretty penny ($60+ I would imagine).

There are what, 3 (4) red bosses, 2 purple bosses, and 2 green bosses available? So 8 models included king starfire and starfire as separate. Then there are the 6 from SDE:L that we have preview cards we 'could' play.

Warbands I think we can expect to be plastic unless they're the crossover stuff like siege of the citadel.

So I think there's definitely room for another boss, but I'm worried about the price tag given the hoopla over the tusk raider.

Then there's the possibility they do something like...a bunch of creeps or terrain or nothing we'd expect. I mean, did anyone expect Randy?

I think it'd be better to deliver something on the coattails of the lore updates, like gnome, fennek, centaur related models, but as some folks noted, people will be upset b/c there isn't a plastic/cheaper alternative.

And I remember someone nothing we should have more frostbite stuff to go with the tusk raider and with the state of SDE:L, who knows if/when the level box will come out.

April 27th, 2018, 9:52 pm
Minion

If they did a boss with creeps, I'd suspect the markup to be closer too like 100.00, given the initial big base size and 6 creeps.

Keep in mind, one set of creeps would wear out a mold faster than the boss itself, so to make up for that, the cost would probably be pretty high...

April 28th, 2018, 1:57 am
Ninja Corps

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
If they did a boss with creeps, I'd suspect the markup to be closer too like 100.00, given the initial big base size and 6 creeps.

Keep in mind, one set of creeps would wear out a mold faster than the boss itself, so to make up for that, the cost would probably be pretty high...

That really depends on how many creeps they can mold at once in a single mold. If one mold has all the boss parts and one mold has all 6 creeps, they will wear out roughly at the same rate.

April 28th, 2018, 7:03 am
Minion

Also, most of the creeps have been pretty gentle as level of detail goes. Thinking back to the gels, ghosts, and the Gorii(sorry, can't recall their proper name off the top of my head), they don't have a whole lot of "sharp" contrasting lines and details, they're pretty smooth surfaces for the mostpart, nothing like most of the individually named characters. Those smooth surfaces are much kinder to resign molds -it doesn't change the fact that they still wear out faster, but smoother and lower detail models really help with that issue a lot.

That said... I don't think we need resin creeps. I love creep models, but it just seems like a lot of cost to justify for what they do on the table.

I'd much rather see a boss or miniboss. We've already seen a larger $40 walrus hero, so why not give us a similar size enemy for our $40? I'd be a lot more likely to buy a cool limited run boss/miniboss than a hero. The problem for me is that you typically run 2-4 hero characters a game, but they run the whole game, and most people tend to find the ones they play well as and stick to those for the most part. Baddies tend to see more variety -Im much more likely to change things up from game to game, to try out different enemies, or different sequences of mini/bosses. That's where I think we need more variety personally. We've gotten somewhere around, what, 60+ heroes just from retail products now? That's not even accounting for limited edition crossovers, etc. We have nowhere near the number of bosses and minibosses. I just want to see a bit more balance between those numbers is all. ^_^

April 30th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Minion

Aannnnndd...

Here it is! http://sodapopminiatures.com/new-releases/mistmourn-warg

A bit less spectacular than the Walrus, more appropriate than Randy, though I really liked that one!

May 1st, 2018, 9:04 pm
Ninja Corps

sproutchu wrote:
Aannnnndd...

A bit less spectacular than the Walrus, more appropriate than Randy, though I really liked that one!

model wise, it's okay. Stat wise,the thing is a monster! Pair this up with the right spawns and things can get out of hand very quick. It can grant extra actions and damage to other models and absorb extra healing from them too? that's bonkers! Not to mention the ability to do 3 damage for 2AP (4 if there's a crit @_@).

May 1st, 2018, 9:17 pm
Bottle Cap

Oooo... I like it.

*hides wallet behind the no-masterclass-models-cause-I-don't-want-to-become-a-completionist-on-those-too, blank-base-gate and no-more-purchases-until-I'm-confident-I'll-get-my-KS-stuff walls*

May 1st, 2018, 9:39 pm
Bottle Cap

Love the model, no complaints.. but where is Sweetheart Candy? Has this even shipped for anyone yet?

May 2nd, 2018, 2:56 am
Denizen

Have not heard of candy shipping yet.

May 2nd, 2018, 5:56 am
Mini-Boss

Candy is finally on it's way from the manufacture to SPM, so shipping is reported to be soon. They reported that on fauxbok the other day.

================

May 2nd, 2018, 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Love this mini.

However, its stats in arcade are a little lack luster. I feel like it should have a strength of 4 just to make it a little stronger. but that's my opinion. I like a brutal challenge. One good armor treasure before this guy spawns and hes doing no damage to the tank.

May 2nd, 2018, 11:05 am
Mini-Boss

The trend is for this category of masterclass resin miniatures to be accompanied by a more powerful cards kit than the retail plastic counterparts.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

May 2nd, 2018, 2:10 pm
Denizen

@dsdrew - i was thinking the same thing. The Arcade version I would expect it to have more powerful stats or abilities to be on par with the Classic version. I'm not sure if they were designing it for Arena b/c I don't know how much overlap there'd be there.

Don't forget MMC will push it up to 4W STR, but if y'all play like my group, Mini bosses tend to only survive one or two hero turns.

May 2nd, 2018, 3:22 pm
Denizen

sproutchu wrote:
Aannnnndd...

I like it. Not as much as a dark elf on a giant beetle, but I like it.

May 2nd, 2018, 4:06 pm
Denizen

Basic stats are ok. His passive and unique abilities make him more formidable. 3W arm and 7 hearts means it’ll take a minimum of 3 hero activations (assuming no one rolls critical damage) to remove him from play. When viewed as a whole, he’s scary IMO. Maybe someone should playtest him :D

May 2nd, 2018, 4:33 pm
Denizen

I think classic stats are fine/give the right 'fantasy' of the Warg empowering other monstesr.

Arcade stats are underpowered, imo, b/c the Consul has no control over when to summon/where he moves, and whether there's anything to buff b/c spawn/reinforce/unique doesn't happen every MMC turn. The number of +AP granted is less in Arcade vs. Classic even with the greater range so.../shrug. I don't think he'll be useless, but nowhere as challenging as the Classic version.

My mini bosses have just been wound punching bags. 3 ARM and 7 Hearts feels weak, but 4 ARM (via challenge or regroup, etc.) feels quite meaty. 7W on its own doesn't seem to last very long b/c Critical success on 3 ARM is only 7 stars, which you can hit with just 2B1R, but also b/c of red potions, +AP/Attack potions/loot, etc. We also typically position so that the mini-boss spawns away from the other monsters so he can be isolated and defeated when possible.

May 2nd, 2018, 8:13 pm
Bottle Cap

ManicMan wrote:
Candy is finally on it's way from the manufacture to SPM, so shipping is reported to be soon. They reported that on fauxbok the other day.

Awesome! Now we just need Randy and we're up to speed. I think he's pretty interesting despite the negative feedback :lol:

May 3rd, 2018, 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]