View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 18th, 2018, 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 World Of SDE craft needs your help! World Event 
Denizen

Hello All;

So The game's first world event is now available!!!!! So Here's what I need, Bust out your games, play arcade and report your results here after reading the quest!!! my player group at home needs your help, whether you are from Europe, Australlia, China, America! DOESN'T MATTER!!!

Below I have put the fluff in italics and color. The quest will be after that with the rules on how to acquire items to create the portal.

Needed a reason to dust off the game while waiting for legends, here it is.

So play and reply to this thread with the item type and quantity you collected. Ill edit and update the first comment in this thread with the ongoing totals. take a read, the fluff is fun, but might lack a little something if you haven't read Glauerdoom moor, Rise of the true necromancer in the fiction section.

If you just care about running them dungeons, skip to the end.

Edit: The tallies are cumulative world wide. So those totals are combined from anyone who participates

GOOD LUCK ADVENTURERS!

A Shift In Time, World Of SDE, Chapter 2

Wind blew quietly across the dessert plain on a long forgotten island. A Grime Encrusted boot hit the ground, a large twisted sword being dragged haphazardly behind a flowing tattered cape. The long silvered hair of Celeste blew in the gentle breeze from underneath her helmet. The dark purple glow emanating from the eyes of the helmet flashed to life. She looked ahead of her as the sand began to settle from the wind blowing. As it did and her vision cleared, in front of her stood a beautiful intricately carved palace. The wall around the palace was littered with runes and markings made of precious stones. The doors were large and bore a unique symbol upon it, an hour glass with a sword and axe carved behind it. But what took Celeste back for a second was the armored warrior who stood alone in front of the gate. There, he stood in royal blue robes, the cowl covering most of his face. But you could see the beginnings of an ornate helmet under the cowl. A silvered chest plate and Pauldrons were strapped tightly over the rob e. From the arms of the robe came gauntleted hands that held a staff in one hand and a sword made of shimmering diamond in the other. Celeste summed up the warrior in front of her and smirked under her grim visage of armor. “Out of my way Mortal, I will enter the palace.”

The robed figure looked up slowly, the metallic faceplate reflecting the light in the area, “My old enemy, you shall not pass through this gate.” The voice was stern and strong.

“I’ve never met you before mortal, I would know if I had. Either way, move, or die.” Celeste held her sword up, pointing it at the warrior. Moving his staff he swung it around and shot a bolt from it, hitting Celeste, who suffered no damage, but when recovered, Celeste’s voice no longer spoke, only a deep hissing voice. “Chrona, my old friend, I see you still guard your dusty old palace just as always. Collecting dust like all the other artifacts here.”

“You are not my friend Darga, you betrayed us when you fell in line with Evil. Your essence was so tainted you couldn’t even die peacefully! Now be gone with you or I shall slay you for a second time.” The robed warrior took a pose ready for battle.

“You will….wait…no…no….NOOOOO!!!” With that, Celeste’s body fell to its knees, head slumped down. “im….Im….Im…poss…ible….” The voice whispered. Then, Celeste slowly stood back up, the two voices talking as one again, “Know your place Plague master, I am your host, not your slave. Push me away again and I will terminate this connection for good.”
Chrona looked in shock and his stance relaxed a small bit, “She overpowered Darga, her power must be incredible.” Then Chrona retook his stance as dead began to rise from the ground. As the dead rose, Celeste charged Chrona. The two exchanged blows and magical attacks for some time. Until their weapons collided sending a ripple of power through the air. Chrona was sent flying back, hitting the gate of the castle. Celeste flew back, landing on her backside. Standing up Chrona spun and turned into a burst of feathers, disappearing from sight. Celeste stood and issued the order for the undead to attack the Temporal Caverns….

….Inside the hold, Chrona reappeared. As he became whole again, he fell to one knee holding his chest with one hand. “She is unbelievably powerful,” he said gasping for air. “Alaria! Come, I need your help!” handing his apprentice a scroll, “Take this to the floating city, we need help.” Nodding quickly Alaria turned and grabbed her staff, running to a device that swirled with energy, she stepped in and disappeared…

In the floating city…

You are all resting in your guild halls after a few long adventures and heart pounding quests, drinking ale, repairing weapons and armor, or just simply doing simple day to day tasks. When all of a sudden your heroes hear a commotion at the loading area. Heading out to investigate, you see a feminine figure clad in silvered armor and a blue robe. A silver helmet begins to crack and fold away behind her head as she lowers her robe hood. Her hair is a shimmering blonde, blue eye make up and tribal markings are delicately inlaid on her face, matching the filigree that was on her helmet’s mask.

“This is a call to arms heroes.” She began slamming her staff into the ground. “The very fabric of history is in peril. The Master of Plagues has begun to attack the Temporal Caverns, Lord Chrona holds the keeps defenses, but he was injured battling The Master of Plagues. Now, the undead relentlessly attack the caverns while the witch Beatrix tries to attack the time line and alter your history. We need any heroes to aid us in this battle.” Moving to the looking for group area she stands ready for adventurers.”

As your heroes approach inquiring about the new work she nods with respect:

“In order to access the caverns, I require the following items:

100 bone piles (when you were to spend movement to remove a bone pile, remove it as normal, but note that you have collected one on your inventory)
60 kobold teeth (Whenever a kobold model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 – 4 you get 1 tooth, on a 5-6 you get 3 teeth)
60 turtle shells (Whenever a member of the Rock Top Gang is destroyed, gain 1 turtle shell)
60 mushroom caps (Whenever a mushroom, such as a kinoshroom, model is destroyed, gain 1 mushroom cap)
10 staffs from shamble priests (Whenever a shamble priest model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 you get 3 bone piles, on a 2 – 6 you collect the staff)
10 swords from troll chieftains. (Whenever a troll Chieftan model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 you get 3 mushroom caps, on a 2 – 6 you collect the sword)
5 shard from testudo towers shell (Whenever a Tetsudo tower model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 you get 5 turtle shells, on a 2 – 6 you collect the shard)
5 cape of Von Drakk (Whenever a von drakk model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 you get 5 bone piles, on a 2 – 6 you collect the cape)
5 Ingot from Roxxor (Whenever a Roxxor model is destroyed, roll a d6, on 1 you get 1 Troll Cheiftan sword of Shamble Priest staff, your choice, on a 2 – 6 you collect the Ingot)

Collect these and I can create the portal to the temporal caverns giving you the ability to travel there and back. Please hurry heroes!”

World Event Quest:

Every 5 bone piles is 3 exp to one of your characters of your choosing in your guild
Every 3 Shells, teeth, or caps, is 2 exp to one of your characters of your choosing in your guild
Every Troll Cheiftan sword or shamble priest staff is 2 exp to one of your characters of your choosing in your guild

For each Shard, cape or Ingot, gain 5 exp to one of your characters of your choosing in your guild.

Last edited by dsdrew924 on April 27th, 2018, 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

April 26th, 2018, 2:58 pm
Denizen

100/100 BONE PILES COMPLETED
60/60 KOBOLD TEETH COMPLETED
60/60 TURTLE SHELLS COMPLETED
60/60 MUSHROOM CAPS COMPLETED
10/10 STAVES FROM SHAMBLE PRIESTS COMPLETED
10/10 SWORDS FROM TROLL CHIEFTENS COMPLETED
5/5 SHARDS FROM TETSUDO TOWERS SHELL COMPLETED
5/5 CAPES OF VON DRAKK COMPLETED

Last edited by dsdrew924 on May 17th, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 9 times in total.

April 26th, 2018, 3:00 pm
Denizen

This looks very ambitious and fun! I’ll try to give it a solid read though I am fairly tied up finishing my first draft on the SD:L module and other SD:L modules in the chute. Try linking it to the Chibi Gamers FB group. (I can do this if you’d like)

April 26th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Denizen

Holy Cross wrote:
This looks very ambitious and fun! I’ll try to give it a solid read though I am fairly tied up finishing my first draft on the SD:L module and other SD:L modules in the chute. Try linking it to the Chibi Gamers FB group. (I can do this if you’d like)

Hey, yeah if you wouldn't mind that would be awesome.

It looks ambitious, but between multiple home groups, a couple of out of state groups and whoever else, this shouldn't be too bad.

Think of the opening of Ahn Quiraj for World of Craft. Where a whole server collected materials to open the gates.

Its not supposed to be quick, but not take forever. Let me know how it goes for you if you try it.

April 26th, 2018, 4:52 pm
Denizen

I posted an announcement, linking this thread. Hopefully that gets you some traction!

April 26th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Denizen

Holy Cross wrote:
I posted an announcement, linking this thread. Hopefully that gets you some traction!

Thanks holy, really appreciate it.

April 26th, 2018, 6:33 pm
Denizen

I think I'd rather the bosses have a guaranteed drop rather than 1/6 chance to get nothing. Like 1/6 they drop some of the minion content rather than the boss item.

To balance the guaranteed drop, I'd include collection items for appropriate mini bosses that maybe have 1/6 to get nothing.

I think this is a good idea :)

April 26th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Denizen

sleepy_laughter wrote:
I think I'd rather the bosses have a guaranteed drop rather than 1/6 chance to get nothing. Like 1/6 they drop some of the minion content rather than the boss item.

To balance the guaranteed drop, I'd include collection items for appropriate mini bosses that maybe have 1/6 to get nothing.

I think this is a good idea :)

I like that, I have fixed it to reflect as such. Take a glance.

April 27th, 2018, 10:55 am
Denizen

*totals updated*

April 27th, 2018, 2:33 pm
Denizen

8 kobold teeth
22 turtle shells
1 testudo shell

April 29th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Denizen

Totals updated

April 30th, 2018, 11:03 am
Denizen

Totals updated

May 3rd, 2018, 2:47 am
Denizen

If I can find time next Tuesday I'll contribute what I can.

May 3rd, 2018, 5:27 am
Denizen

Holy Cross wrote:
If I can find time next Tuesday I'll contribute what I can.

Awesome! Next wednesday my group will be at it again.

May 3rd, 2018, 12:17 pm
Denizen

Totals updated

May 11th, 2018, 10:56 am
Minion

We remembered to collect things for the campaign this time!

28 x Kobold Teeth
18 x Turtle Shells
1 x Testudo Tower Shell Shard

Facebook
Twitter

May 11th, 2018, 12:29 pm
Denizen

Aella13 wrote:
We remembered to collect things for the campaign this time!

28 x Kobold Teeth
18 x Turtle Shells
1 x Testudo Tower Shell Shard

YASSSSS!!!! Thank you so much, Lord Chrona thanks you for your efforts as he feels his envoy is closer to completing the portal to send heroes to the temporal caverns.

May 11th, 2018, 1:25 pm
Denizen

totals updated

May 15th, 2018, 5:58 pm
Denizen

5 mushroom caps
1 Troll Chieftain Sword

Sorry, my parties are high offense and not good at farming else would've had more shrooms and swords for ya!

May 16th, 2018, 6:12 am
Denizen

I know you're almost done with this, but you should include the new Fungomancer as dropping shroom heads!

If a hero is shapeshifted into a shroom and is defeated, is that also a shroom?

May 16th, 2018, 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next