View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 26th, 2018, 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Super Dungeon Novel/Game book 
Denizen

Hey All;

So i've decided to take a page from Warhammer Realm Gate wars book and turn my Glauerdoom Moor: Rise of the True Necromancer story into a narrative novel with missions you can play through to live through the moments as participants in key story moments.

So basically the format would be as follows:

Story to key scene that can be played
rules for a group to set up and play through that scene for fun.

Story to key scene that can be played
rules for a group to set up and play through that scene for fun.

And rinse and repeat. Each chapter bringing new fluff, and each big adventure moment giving the players the chance to play the story.

So my question is, would any of you be interested in this? Would you say screw the fluff and just the scenarios please, or would you like it all?

Thanks just getting some feedback.

April 25th, 2018, 7:03 pm
Denizen

I like the idea. I would say take at look at ‘Stuffed Fables’ and see if that inspires your idea any further. I want to release a campaign in that vein.

If your book was spiral bound, and the game boards were on the pages (with monster stats, scenario perimeters etc) Id totally be interested. Your current book idea sounds good too. It definitely depends on the fluff/crunch ratio.

April 25th, 2018, 8:03 pm
Denizen

that format seems to be successful looking at things like gloomhaven and stuffed fables. I'd certainly be interested.

like, why is capture crystals or king of the hill 'fun' in arena. Some people just find it fun. But if you had a story behind why this particular mode is used in this period of time, I think that lends it more oomph.

of course, fluff does not PREVENT folks from just pulling out and playing the scenario.

The key is to have the 'setup and play' separate from the 'why this matters'.

Like in WoW where you do NOT need to read the quest giver's text. You just go get five pieces of boar flesh and you're done.

April 25th, 2018, 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]