View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 3:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Spites. Submitted for your approval! :D 
Minion

April 10th, 2018, 11:55 pm
Denizen

They were all taken down. You could try IMGUR

April 11th, 2018, 12:05 am
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:

How come I can still see them!? WAH! 8___8

April 11th, 2018, 12:09 am
Ninja Corps

nothing there but blocked stuff for me either.

April 11th, 2018, 12:13 am
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:

I just looked at it from my phone. Since when you have to pay money to post stuff from photobucket??? *_____*'''

April 11th, 2018, 12:20 am
Denizen

Same thing happened with the Gloomborn Champion :(

April 11th, 2018, 12:24 am
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:
Same thing happened with the Gloomborn Champion :(

Blarg! It won't let me from imagr. Says it can't determine the dimentions on this site TT____TT

April 11th, 2018, 12:29 am
Minion

Anybody out there want me to email them the files and they can post them here? ^ ^'

April 11th, 2018, 12:31 am
Mini-Boss

right click and open image in new tab worked for me.

April 11th, 2018, 12:31 am
Denizen

April 11th, 2018, 12:47 am
Denizen

Are these considered for FK or 2.0 rules?

For 2.0 Classic, I think it might be too powerful. In Classic it's 'ok' for Creeps to attack, but these have 2B > 1B attack. Then MMC4 pushes this to 3B > 2B > 1B /w Fire. Ouch. Then MMC9 can push this to up to a 3B1W attack, which is quite powerful, imo, for a Creep. Fly /w Move 7 allows them to potentially position and do hit and run/avoid AOE attacks for the heroes. It looks like no basic attack is an option, but then Ice would shut them down, but how often do you have an action that deals Ice, but doesn't wound and when would you use it on a Creep?

I like the idea, I think the Arc is a bit much b/c it scales maybe too well with MMC bonuses, but I haven't played Classic 2.0.

=======================

For 2.0 Arcade, Creeps don't attack b/c they aren't Elites or solo monsters. This renders a lot of old Creep cards a bit moot/off balance b/c they updated the Pet cards, but not the old Creeps cards. A lot of them are basically just Invaders, or Grabby, or stuff like that.

I think Creeps do do Unique so your attack will hit, but maybe it doesn't need to increase base STR unless it's for flavor?

April 11th, 2018, 12:55 am
Minion

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Are these considered for FK or 2.0 rules?

For 2.0 Classic, I think it might be too powerful. In Classic it's 'ok' for Creeps to attack, but these have 2B > 1B attack. Then MMC4 pushes this to 3B > 2B > 1B /w Fire. Ouch. Then MMC9 can push this to up to a 3B1W attack, which is quite powerful, imo, for a Creep. Fly /w Move 7 allows them to potentially position and do hit and run/avoid AOE attacks for the heroes. It looks like no basic attack is an option, but then Ice would shut them down, but how often do you have an action that deals Ice, but doesn't wound and when would you use it on a Creep?

I like the idea, I think the Arc is a bit much b/c it scales maybe too well with MMC bonuses, but I haven't played Classic 2.0.

=======================

For 2.0 Arcade, Creeps don't attack b/c they aren't Elites or solo monsters. This renders a lot of old Creep cards a bit moot/off balance b/c they updated the Pet cards, but not the old Creeps cards. A lot of them are basically just Invaders, or Grabby, or stuff like that.

I think Creeps do do Unique so your attack will hit, but maybe it doesn't need to increase base STR unless it's for flavor?

Thanks for reposting! :D

Hard to say. The bottom says "Midnight Tower Tile pack" lol

April 11th, 2018, 1:03 am
Denizen

Was there going to be a tile pack? I can’t remember what was figured out when they made arcade. If so hen that would mean 12 spites assuming it’s like the other tile packs. Do we really need an arcade tile set and midnight tile pack? I mean dragonback peaks and Von drake manor mostly worked bc SDE 1.0 tiles didn’t get fk updates and level packs don’t come with tiles.

Assume classic and arcade come with 3 tiles minimum with 2 sides.

April 11th, 2018, 1:58 am
Mini-Boss

Arcade comes with 4 tiles front and back, as previewed.

During KS, the plan was for a MNT tile set with 6 tiles, 12 creeps, similar to DBP or VDM.

-> the KS includes two additional tiles and the spites to complete what was promised..

April 11th, 2018, 2:42 am
Bottle Cap

I nearly always play the Consol on classic. Powerful monsters, creep or regular only add more options to my toolbox. As consol I don't play to win. I play to give the heroes a challenge.

This creep looks like a lot of fun! Definitely one of the more powerful ones.

April 11th, 2018, 3:54 am
Denizen

definitely more challenging. Fly and high movment in Arcade paired with Plots on certain tiles will make them much more difficult to avoid and chase down.

I agree more options are better. I just worry when a creep is better than a regular spawning point monster...but in Classic you replace regular monsters with creeps for the plot, so I think that'll end up ok.

April 11th, 2018, 6:19 am
Ninja Corps

It's important t note that arc only works if an attack is successful. So, assuming these things will make 3 consecutive attacks, descending in quality from only 3B is a bit optimistic. landing an attack that is only 3B alone is unlikely in many cases, even targeting the most vulnerable hero, by that point, probaaly has <50% chance of working. the 2B that comes after that will almost certainly fail because it can't even target the weakest hero at that point.

They defiantly look like more of a nuisance, like creeps thought me, than a giant threat. If they can find some synergistic buffing, then they might become more threatening, though.

April 11th, 2018, 8:13 am
Denizen

Usagi - good point! I completely forgot about that. However, do consider in Arcade there are challenges that can effectively destroy the hero's defenses so that's when this attack is suddenly more powerful...but then again everything else at the Consul's disposal would be, too.

In Classic I do worry b/c we flub our defense rolls all the time on 3B and even higher, which is generally the baseline one can expect for a defense roll without equipment/buffs.

I agree they are still more of a nuisance and I'm trying to decide if they are bigger nuisance flitting around doing weak attacks that COULD hurt vs. having a bunch of Invaders. I think maybe the best corresponding creep to compare it to would be the Fire Flower, which is low mobility, higher 3B missile attack and always deals Fire. In that regard, the Spite isn't stronger, but definitely harder to avoid.

April 11th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Mini-Boss

Spites don't have any icon for basic attacks (explore mode)... so just put Ice on their faces.

Lessons of Professor Internet.
* So, you're MAD about something on internet...
* The art of wait.

April 11th, 2018, 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]