View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 17th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anddddd my completionist hit its limit 
Denizen

Omg vandella time-out to shapeshift to dragon is a great campaign legend idea for a raid boss.

Or. Frostwyrm for your lich king. Sindragosa! So many options. Unless you’re waiting on hoarfang which may be a long wait.

April 4th, 2018, 4:11 am
Bottle Cap

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Omg vandella time-out to shapeshift to dragon is a great campaign legend idea for a raid boss.

Or. Frostwyrm for your lich king. Sindragosa! So many options. Unless you’re waiting on hoarfang which may be a long wait.

That does it, I'm gonna get a Vandella now!.
A Sindragosa would be really nice! I want Hoarfang and the tiles so bad :(.

April 4th, 2018, 5:36 am
Consul

Lizardman wrote:
love concept of the mini, spelling errors kept him from being in game, comes out on april fools, isn't really an april fools.

Love the execution of the whole thing, doesn't mean that i am going to buy him, but i got a few laughs out of the release regardless.

That's just the thing... It was a good april fools. But you said it yourself... You're not gonna buy it. You are not the only one to appreciate the joke, but not actually wanting the model. It should have stayed a joke and not gone into production. If they came out now and said all orders had been refunded because it WAS just a joke, it would be an amazing april fools!

sproutchu wrote:
I like it. SDE is a serious game that doesn't take itself too seriously. We're talking chibi centaurs attacking chibi kobolds with colored dice here. An april's fool model that turns out to be a real mini you can buy and play? You don't like, you don't buy, but I think it is a good one.

I have a genuine question here, really honest : why is it that some here feel insulted by Randy? I get it, not what you expected or hoped, but still?

Is there nobody here who just wants to play along, have some fun? I mean, we ARE playing with plastic figures here, so the seriousness is already far gone...
:D

SDE was always silly, but it was a particular silly. They recognized that potions and hearts literally popped out of slain enemies. They made a turtle that whacked other turtles. It was all natural in the in-universe. It never FELT like a joke.

Now imagine having a collection. A collection you have spent time and money on. You feel good about the collection being complete. You look at it and play with it. A whole lot of cool models. We have "Firelord" and "Acid-Beast". You even have the rare "Dimension Hydra". Those cool models are the reason you started collecting. Now suddenly they release "Banana-thrower". Hmm... That's not quite what you like, buuut it's part of the collection. Then they release "Twig-Dude". Ooookaay? Still maintaining the complete collection. Finally they start releasing "Shoe", "Turd-O" and "Brick" (which by the way are more expensive than Firelord and Acid-Beast). Are you still gonna include them in your collection? Are you gonna leave holes in your otherwise complete collection?

So from a collector's perspective releasing perceived bad models is actually worse than no models.

April 4th, 2018, 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Minion

^ I think that's the crux of our misunderstanding.

I never understood the completionist attitude, especially towards such a small game as SDE. The "I don't like it but I HAVE to have it" never made sense to me.

April 4th, 2018, 9:47 am
Consul

Chozo Tull wrote:
^ I think that's the crux of our misunderstanding.

I never understood the completionist attitude, especially towards such a small game as SDE. The "I don't like it but I HAVE to have it" never made sense to me.

Collecting doesn't make sense - it's a disease :lol:

April 4th, 2018, 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Denizen

Usagi wrote:

I specifically said he's not wrong for having his opinion ad that he is wrong for treating people who don't share his opinion as objectively wrong. I can see the angle of people being upset by this release. I think it's childish and self entitled to be upset by a release because it's not specifically what you want at the same time. I don't deny their opinion, I see where they are coming from, my opinion is they are silly and none of that is anything I claim as objective. It's that simple.

Hey Usagi;

Allow me to first apologize if I came across as others opinions are wrong. My statement was more "Be happy with something, rather than nothing" is not a great attitude to have when it comes to a "non essential" or "Luxury" item. I am fine if people disagree with that state of mind, but I personally believe that They should have made a better effort than something that has no place in any spot of the SDE theme or design. Sans the fact it's a chibi.

I am not emotionally stunted and don't flip the table everytime SPM puts out an update or something. As i stated, I love the game, love the minis, love everything about SDE. My biggest gripe is that we are all starving for new things to put on the table, we are looking for great things to play in our games. This, in my opinion, and it's just that, my opinion, was a lame response.

The more irate version of me says, "great, what's next, Carla Custiodian, Queen of Mops? Victor, King of Vaccuums? Or how about Justin, Lord of Rules (Which I would actually probably buy this last one hahaha)"

I think making these "joke" characters is fine, just give me something of actual substance beside it. Especially at a 25.00 + 8.00 shipping price point is all.

So I apologize if I sound Irate, or Crazy, or condemning. This was just my opinion and wrong or right, it's just an opinion.

-Drew

April 4th, 2018, 11:31 am
Minion

I found it funny enough.

And I'm not bothered that SDE is "just" a video game. I kind of like it that way. All the hearts and potions that pop out of defeated enemies kind of point that way already...

That said, I'm not interested in buying this one, so my completionist streak is broken here officially.

I still want the WofF chibis I've paid for. How about make those next instead of new figures.

April 4th, 2018, 11:36 am
Denizen

Mangeluz wrote:
Sure thing, I just gotta nail the Soul stealing effect :)

Hey Mangeluz;

I created a Narrative Dungeon in My version of legends called World of Super Dungeon Explore Craft;

The Dungeon is draws from the Culling of Stratholme. When I finish it, if you want I'll send you a copy of the rules and dungeon tiles.

-Drew

April 4th, 2018, 11:37 am
Denizen

Foxwhisperer wrote:
That said, I'm not interested in buying this one, so my completionist streak is broken here officially.

This was the main point of the thread. The Completionist attitude and goal, is now broken.

April 4th, 2018, 11:38 am
Bottle Cap

dsdrew924 wrote:
Hey Mangeluz;

I created a Narrative Dungeon in My version of legends called World of Super Dungeon Explore Craft;

The Dungeon is draws from the Culling of Stratholme. When I finish it, if you want I'll send you a copy of the rules and dungeon tiles.

-Drew

Please do! :) it will be nice to try with my friends!. One of the other things I've been working on is a leveling system for a series of narrative scenarios
of what I thought Legends was going to be and a custom Hero Sheet to accompany it. Some of the the inspiration came from the current Legends mechanics.

(The job on the sheet is a custom one :P. Also that's the name of my wow character)

April 4th, 2018, 11:53 am
Denizen

Mangeluz wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:
Hey Mangeluz;

-Drew

Please do! :) it will be nice to try with my friends!. One of the other things I've been working on is a leveling system for a series of narrative scenarios
of what I thought Legends was going to be and a custom Hero Sheet to accompany it. Some of the the inspiration came from the current Legends mechanics.

(The job on the sheet is a custom one :P. Also that's the name of my wow character)

I made a leveling system, crafting system, guild system, pvp and arena system, auction house, questing system, raid system, narrative dungeon system, world events, a LFG system in case you can't play but still want your characters to gain exp, armor sets for raids, specialty vendors, and much much more.

Current level cap is 10. Level of monsters is based on level of highest level hero in group. etc...

The campaign is under way, but on hold for the next two weeks as work is a little crazy.

You can see my custom character trays, the sheet has been updated, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14620

I have also a guild charter/tracker. A city map for players to place their minis where they want their characters to go. All sorts of fun stuff that makes the game more than just about the dungeon.

But i made it what I thought SDL should be. The existing characters leveling, going from dungeon to dungeon, and some extra fun stuff between dungeons.

April 4th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Consul

The more I think about I also think it's a matter of timing and presentation.

If Randy had been a free stretch goal in the KS I wouldn't mind his existence the same way I do now. THAT would have been a good time to make a joke character. Then it would have been a funny surprise. A little extra something.
Or how about if it had been a rule-less celebration miniature?

But instead it's for all intents and purposes a core release. There is no joke or twist. It's just the release that followed Tusk Raider.
And I'm not buying that these releases are not core. Had it been a single resin release to celebrate Valentines Day - sure. But it's a steady flow at regular intervals.
This just seems to be the way they release new content these days.
That ND is in sort of a crisis right now just makes it even worse. Like telling jokes at a funeral...

(Also the big spider on the trunk is an Ant-Spider - just to rip up old wounds) :lol:

April 4th, 2018, 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

If they had made Randy a lot less anachronistic, I probably would have sprung for him. Like, instead of lazing in a hammock and really just looking like a dude sleeping on a pile of spider legs, actually pose him so he looked impressive. Lose the Packers hat. Give him a Curds & Whey ability, if you want a cheese-head reference, but not a ball cap.

They've done inside joke minis. They made a beer-drinking NPC out of Deke. But he's not wearing a Metallica t-shirt or Chucks, because that would be dumb. Sort of like a Packer's hat.

Still not salty about it myself, but I hadn't considered completionist syndrome. Keeping that in mind, I can see that this really does suck.

April 4th, 2018, 3:08 pm
Minion

I'm not bothered about the theme or jokish nature of the miniature. I even find the connection to a ninja division employee endearing. The NPCs we are getting in SDE:Legends are the type of connection to actual people that I find endearing. I however am not the market for these minis. I'm not a completionist, and a $24 price tag on a single mini isn't going to happen. I still regularly say nope to entire expansion boxes at that price tag.

All that being said, what is happening with this mini? Is he just a dude in a spider web hammock? He has legs, but he has spider legs too? If you took his body and put him on a duskweaver/jorogumo style spider, I'd at least understand. A warehouse manager in an empty warehouse I understand. Anyone have a better understanding of this mini?

April 4th, 2018, 3:28 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:
Mangeluz wrote:
Sure thing, I just gotta nail the Soul stealing effect :)

Hey Mangeluz;

-Drew

Me too plz :D

April 4th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Mini-Boss

Arydis wrote:
All that being said, what is happening with this mini? Is he just a dude in a spider web hammock? He has legs, but he has spider legs too? If you took his body and put him on a duskweaver/jorogumo style spider, I'd at least understand. A warehouse manager in an empty warehouse I understand. Anyone have a better understanding of this mini?

He appears to be a human with 2 sets of spider legs, similar to the Iron Spider suit. My guess is the spider motif is an inside joke that we aren't privy to. I like the model, I even find the goofy backstory fun, but it kind of fails as an April fools joke since the joke isn't for us.

April 4th, 2018, 4:30 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:

The more irate version of me says, "great, what's next, Carla Custiodian, Queen of Mops? Victor, King of Vaccuums? Or how about Justin, Lord of Rules (Which I would actually probably buy this last one hahaha)"

I am sad to say that I would be interested in seeing the Cosplay version of these like WOTF/Tako Uni. The whether to buy does largely depend on the price point. But I mean... a party that is out to 'clean' Crystalia?

@Mangeluz - that is a stunning hero card. I hope the official SDE:L hero card are at least as nice.

April 4th, 2018, 5:29 pm
Denizen

Imriel wrote:
Arydis wrote:

He appears to be a human with 2 sets of spider legs, similar to the Iron Spider suit. My guess is the spider motif is an inside joke that we aren't privy to. I like the model, I even find the goofy backstory fun, but it kind of fails as an April fools joke since the joke isn't for us.

it's because of all the cobwebs in the rack area where Legends product is stored.

April 4th, 2018, 7:00 pm
Bottle Cap

I bought one, but there's going to be some heavy conversions.

April 4th, 2018, 8:30 pm
Minion

So... I think I actually may pick Randy up.

I was in the shower today and for some reason I thought of an actual cool sorta campaign about Randy

"At the Darkspace Arcade (or wherever it may be) Randy the Arcade manager desperately tries to place in the High score bracket of the top 5 Super Dungeon Players (5th CcK, 4th 1-S, 3rd SxC, 2nd CdK, 1st PrM) but to no avail. Frustrated and desperate to be the best, he hears of a forbidden Deepspace Code found in the Cersi Speed Circuit, which would allow him to rewrite any code in history. By some form of dumb luck he manages to get ahold of the code, but not without a pursuer; Marie Claude catches wind of Randy's treachery and tails him. Randy enters the secret code universal code: "UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START" Suddenly a bright blue floating inter-dimentional screen opens up. Re-writing the high score code, Randy bumps other players' names down, and places his above PrM as the champion and bumping CcK off of the high score list. Randy was super pleased with himself. But Why stop there??? Why not write himself INTO the game as the Almighty LORD OF THE SPIDERS! As Randy attempted his demented self- modification, Marie watched in horrow, knowing the dangers of the ultimate code in the wrong hands. She lunged, blaster drawn, startling Randy, and accidentally causing him to typo Lrod. before Marie could shoot, Randy pushes "Enter" on the dimentional monitor, and with a large flash, Randy and Marie disappear."

"Time passes... (a week? 2 weeks? etc?) and strange things are happening all over the (Universe? Galaxy?). Machines all over are malfunctioning or acting on their own. There has even been sightings of strange digital creatures popping up all over the (Universe? Galaxy?) wreaking havoc and then dissapearing, leaving nothing behind but the destruction they cause. Where is all this mayhem coming from? is it the Noh Empire? No, something seems off about these creatures, and cybernetic control of this fashion isn't their style(?)

Princess Malya is worried about Marie, who left her a note about someone stealing the secret of the Master code. but it's been some time since her departure and no word. It's unlike her. As she returns to her room, she is loathe to find a strange orange blob of ooze on her floor. She approaches carefully, noticing that the closer she gets, the more pixelated it looks. When she gets close, two eyes pop out of it and it lights on fire. it attacks, belching and snapping flames at her in a firey rage. The attack catches her off guard and the firey attack burns her arm. Singed, but not out, she whips out her blaster and shoots the little pixel flame blob. Now why does this seem so familiar??? A direct shot between the eyes, manages to vaporize creature, and what pops out of the ashes, but, a pixelated heart? A sudden realization hitsher liek a ton of bricks. She heads to the Darkspace Arcade...."

Anywho, you can guess where this is going: Malya meets up with the other 4 SDE crossover heroes, they enter the realm of Super Dungeon, Nozuki sends Kataro To after them to destroy them and acquire whatever power is releasing Super Dungeon monsters into the realm, etc. etc.

I thought it would be funny if they arrive as the 4 fabled heroes of prophecy or some cliche thing, but the running gag is Calico Kate would've been the fifth if her name hadn't been erased from the high score roster XD

Anywho, I thought that would be a cute campaign to run. It justifies my Randy purchase. XD

April 5th, 2018, 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next