View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2018, 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anddddd my completionist hit its limit 
Denizen

Haha! @Prodigal Dreamer, that’s pretty creative! He’s definitely a model for a silly campaign. I picture him showing up in a room full of dusty and trashed arcade machines.

April 5th, 2018, 5:32 pm
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:
Haha! @Prodigal Dreamer, that’s pretty creative! He’s definitely a model for a silly campaign. I picture him showing up in a room full of dusty and trashed arcade machines.

Oh yea. I figured you'd have quests like finding Marie Claude in the tavern since she's "Survivor Marie Claude" then you'd have multiple fights with Kasaro To as a recurring villain, explore parts of Crystalia, and have dialogue involving other SDE heroes in like a sort of Wreck-it-Ralph sort of manner. It would be a good time!

April 5th, 2018, 5:51 pm
Denizen

:mrgreen: I like it!

April 5th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Minion

Now here's the Kicker:

Based on Legends' Class/ Job System, what do you think all the Relic Knights Heroes would be
Sebastian Cross would obviously be a Royal Paladin, Codifier Kisa I'm thinking... a Witch? And One-Shot could be... a Royal Hunter maybe...? I guess Calico Kate would be a Drowned Isle Corsair...?

What about Princess Malya Though? Barbarian? Clarion? Chevalier?

April 8th, 2018, 12:04 am
Denizen

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
Now here's the Kicker:

What about Princess Malya Though? Barbarian? Clarion? Chevalier?

I think the other characters are spot on. For Malya either Chevalier or Brave Mode Warrior resonate the most with me.

April 8th, 2018, 12:38 am
Minion

Malya is differentiated by being high movement and having a burst DEX attack and defense. IMO, she works best as a Wanderer to play on movement and retaining DEX attack. Potentially Ninja or Wandering Minstrel > Passing Through > Arrows From the Woods.

Sebastian I don't agree is a Royal Paladin based on effect. In game, he's technically not a tank/support, he's a Blaster/Controller that gives mobility Teleport potion. There isn't a clear fit for this so /shrug. I would pick the tincan for the Control/movement (in reverse, of course) or if you want the Undercroft Shieldwing for the mobility provided to emulate his teleport, which I personally like better.

April 8th, 2018, 3:40 am
Denizen

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Sebastian I don't agree is a Royal Paladin based on effect. In game, he's technically not a tank/support, he's a Blaster/Controller that gives mobility Teleport potion. There isn't a clear fit for this so /shrug. I would pick the tincan for the Control/movement (in reverse, of course) or if you want the Undercroft Shieldwing for the mobility provided to emulate his teleport, which I personally like better.

I think he's going more for the image/spirit of Sebastian Cross than the actual meta.

April 8th, 2018, 5:16 am
Minion

sleepy_laughter wrote:
Malya is differentiated by being high movement and having a burst DEX attack and defense. IMO, she works best as a Wanderer to play on movement and retaining DEX attack. Potentially Ninja or Wandering Minstrel > Passing Through > Arrows From the Woods.

Teeeechnically You could argue that Sebastian IS a tank just by the sheer effect that he has a 2b 1R def stat, which is above average. Plus he has holy which automatically would pidgeon-hole him into the "light" energy type in Legends. I dunno where you got blaster from. Spearhead is a control effect, but you could argue that it still makes it support (albiet not very reliable) and while Shattered Sword is a Massive Damage attack, I feel like 3 AP for 2 Damage isn't very worthwhile. With the added bonus of criticals, it becomes more viable as a boss killing ability, in previous editions, I would argue why spend 3 for 2? The Sapper always did that job better IMO. I also never base a hero's playstyle on their potion (unless you have Soda Master Candy) as, while somewhat useful in older editions, Teleport is severely handicapped by LOS rules in 2.0, being that monsters can now block it. I would say a tank role fits better for Cross on stats alone, as I never found him to be very useful in game at all.

As for Malya, she uses Dex to block, and to Blast, but she still base attacks with Str. When I play her, I try to optimize 3R Dex and 1G Str for melee fights. I think Brave Mode fits her best as a visual style and aesthetic, or Clarion if you had to pic a Dex based class, as she's a Healer and has a support potion.

In any case, Holy is right. I'm Going for the Spirit. I mean, By SDE logic, Calico Kate shouldn't be a Corsair, as her base stat is all Str based and she uses bombs. But I digress, spirit.

April 8th, 2018, 5:30 am
Minion

That’s fair. Tanks in SDE aren’t necessarily clear cut or even necessary. Regarding being a Blaster it’s less about efficiency bc aoe will always win there and more about being able to deliver high offense to wound. Critical Success stacks with Massive dmg and massive dmg.

Sapper is unique and a bit OP imo by having a 2 ap massive dmg action since every other hero’s is 3 ap. With crit success massive dmg is devalued but the heroes haven’t been rebalanced. But SDE has not been about balance.

Stat wise I agree he’s a tank and I’m also not a fan of his in game performance given how he stacks up against newer heroes. He feels a bit ADD to me :).

That’s the nice thing with SDE L is you can’t be wrong. I am thinking if when they release expansions they’ll add jobs to classes and add rank abilities to give us more official options.

April 8th, 2018, 6:09 am
Minion

sleepy_laughter wrote:
That’s fair. Tanks in SDE aren’t necessarily clear cut or even necessary. Regarding being a Blaster it’s less about efficiency bc aoe will always win there and more about being able to deliver high offense to wound. Critical Success stacks with Massive dmg and massive dmg.

Sapper is unique and a bit OP imo by having a 2 ap massive dmg action since every other hero’s is 3 ap. With crit success massive dmg is devalued but the heroes haven’t been rebalanced. But SDE has not been about balance.

Stat wise I agree he’s a tank and I’m also not a fan of his in game performance given how he stacks up against newer heroes. He feels a bit ADD to me :).

That’s the nice thing with SDE L is you can’t be wrong. I am thinking if when they release expansions they’ll add jobs to classes and add rank abilities to give us more official options.

I've always been a heavy advocate for Tanks inSDE, since Def has priority over offense. I dunno how my strategy will change now in 2.0 since Loot gain is so much more sparse and treasures more abundant, but I still find value in tanking. Especially in Arcade where all you need to takn realy is 2 st; the sturdy cloak and ring of protection (I think?) Were my mainstays for my mages in arcade. Both of those provided an instant 2 def and rendered most Monsters useless against it. It just became an issue of GETTING those two items in tandem. ^ ^

April 8th, 2018, 12:32 pm
Minion

I disagree Def has priority over offense, but you DO need enough offense to eliminate the threat and thus need for defense.

Heroes can't go every activation, tanking heroes are restricted to using slurp potions to maintain wrath during their turn, which is nigh impossible vs a high offense/AOE hero that can take all the wrath in a single AOE action. Also, I prefer to use potions for healing and more attacks :).

Critical Success also rewards high offense as does rolling more potions and hearts.

My argument against def in Arcade is b/c there are so many challenges that force the heroes to use a different stat for defense, the increased defense is often rendered useless.

Even with increased defense, there's a bunch of RNG, so I've had heroes that SHOULD HAVE defended, fail multiple throws in a row. Mostly, glass cannon parties just have to survive the Consul activation, which is easier when everything is dead :).

The one exception is there challenges that prevent you from wounding stuff, but those are much rarer, imo, than the use diff stat for defense.

This is getting off topic so we should maybe create a different thread to discuss if interested. I would love to see playthroughs where tanking strategy was consistently successful. I've only had a few primarily due to loot RNG forcing me to be defensive and one where Ninja Cola (obviously OP) had enough DEX to both keep wrath and defend (until we had the WILL defense challenge) and almost died.

April 8th, 2018, 3:07 pm
Ninja Corps

sleepy_laughter wrote:
I disagree Def has priority over offense, but you DO need enough offense to eliminate the threat and thus need for defense.

Heroes can't go every activation, tanking heroes are restricted to using slurp potions to maintain wrath during their turn, which is nigh impossible vs a high offense/AOE hero that can take all the wrath in a single AOE action. Also, I prefer to use potions for healing and more attacks :).

Critical Success also rewards high offense as does rolling more potions and hearts.

My argument against def in Arcade is b/c there are so many challenges that force the heroes to use a different stat for defense, the increased defense is often rendered useless.

Even with increased defense, there's a bunch of RNG, so I've had heroes that SHOULD HAVE defended, fail multiple throws in a row. Mostly, glass cannon parties just have to survive the Consul activation, which is easier when everything is dead :).

The one exception is there challenges that prevent you from wounding stuff, but those are much rarer, imo, than the use diff stat for defense.

This is getting off topic so we should maybe create a different thread to discuss if interested. I would love to see playthroughs where tanking strategy was consistently successful. I've only had a few primarily due to loot RNG forcing me to be defensive and one where Ninja Cola (obviously OP) had enough DEX to both keep wrath and defend (until we had the WILL defense challenge) and almost died.

I just have to comment on the semantics of this post. Defense isn't a stat. It's something a stat can do. ARM, DEX and WILL can all be defense (no reason STR couldn't also be, but it isn't on anyone as of yet :P). you seem to be talking about boosting ARM, not defense. It just came across a bit confusing is all.

April 8th, 2018, 3:56 pm
Ninja Corps

Princess Malya would be perfect for a Fennek Warren Runner. Or at least a honorary one if you insist she remains human.

April 8th, 2018, 4:53 pm
Minion

Usagi wrote:
sleepy_laughter wrote:

I just have to comment on the semantics of this post. Defense isn't a stat. It's something a stat can do. ARM, DEX and WILL can all be defense (no reason STR couldn't also be, but it isn't on anyone as of yet :P). you seem to be talking about boosting ARM, not defense. It just came across a bit confusing is all.

I mean, if you wanna argue semantics, one could say my wording is correct, since his defense is on the stat, hence his "defense stat".

If one doesn't know his defense is on ARM that also might confuse people, so, I'm going to go with "I think my wording is fine".

April 8th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Minion

ape2020 wrote:
Princess Malya would be perfect for a Fennek Warren Runner. Or at least a honorary one if you insist she remains human.

Hmm... It's a toss up.

On the one hand, I agree. Warren Runner fits almost perfectly aside from her armor and axe (although who says warren runners can't have axes)

On the other hand, the Dark attribute doesn't fit as well as A Brave- Mode Warrior

Maybe what I'll do is like Seiken Densetsu 3 and have "Starting Class/ Job" options since there's a few catch- all. :3

April 8th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Minion

Did you guys SEE!?!?

April 9th, 2018, 10:31 pm
Denizen

I had not seen that! Where did you spot this thing of beauty?

April 9th, 2018, 10:44 pm
Minion

Facebook. Where else??? lol

April 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm
Denizen

Where on FB?

April 9th, 2018, 10:54 pm
Minion

Holy Cross wrote:
Where on FB?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/793897564112977/

April 9th, 2018, 10:55 pm