View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 18th, 2018, 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SDE Way of the Fighter chibi minis? 
Minion

Hey all,

Maybe I can’t see for looking (it’s pretty late here), but I can’t locate the picture of the two (none stretch goal) packs of chibi cosplay miniatures on the Kickstarter page? I know there was a graphic in one of the updates, but I figured it would’ve also been on the campaign page too?

Was it ever there? Did they take it down?

March 29th, 2018, 12:18 am
Denizen

It’s in one of the wotf ks updates after the crossover link with SDE legends. I think imriel posted it in one of these threads.

March 29th, 2018, 1:29 am
Denizen

post I think this is the post you are looking for. On my phone so hopefully no mistakes.

March 29th, 2018, 1:32 am
Mini-Boss

March 29th, 2018, 1:34 am
Minion

That’s the ones - thanks for the help :)

March 29th, 2018, 1:45 am
Denizen

I sure hope they re-release those at some point. I missed my shot at them but really want (most of) them.

March 29th, 2018, 2:59 pm
Denizen

Same. They are not 'officially' considered exclusive as they were promoted b/f the official exclusive policy was announced (which was specific to siege of citadel) and aside from Faris, I think all of these have appropriate fantasy themes.

If you haven't, you may want to let them know you're interested so they can help gauge whether it's worth releasing them.

When I asked them about it back in Jan? Feb? of this year they said that they hope they'll be able to release them to the store, but they can't promise anything, which is better than an outright 'they're exclusive, sorry'.

March 29th, 2018, 3:45 pm
Denizen

See, Im a completionist when it comes to SDE. I own everything, boxes, mats, tiles, all of it.

But Siege of the Citadel--- Meh, no thanks, it doesn't fit the setting

Way Of The Fighter --- 90 dollars for COSplay minis. Ehhhhh.... no thanks.

40 dollar !SODA!ing walrus, Take my money.

I feel like my priorities are good and bad all at the same time, hahaha.

March 29th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Denizen

dsdrew924 wrote:
See, Im a completionist when it comes to SDE. I own everything, boxes, mats, tiles, all of it.

But Siege of the Citadel--- Meh, no thanks, it doesn't fit the setting

40 dollar !SODA!ing walrus, Take my money.

I feel like my priorities are good and bad all at the same time, hahaha.

This made me laugh :lol:

March 29th, 2018, 5:12 pm
Denizen

I'm not a completionist, though I do have just about everything. But the Way of the Fighter minis (except for Faris) do really feel like they could be in SDE, and I want these guys for Legends.

March 29th, 2018, 5:12 pm
Denizen

I'll decide on WOTF depending on how they're bundled if they hit the store. If they sell them at $20 per mini, no thank you. I expect they'll be higher than the current bundle price. If they do $10/mini like the Tako girls, I think I can figure out a way to budget for that since it'll be cheaper than the current old pricing of ~$12-15/model.

I really like a lot of the sculpts and the minis are a bigger part of the immersion than the hero card, imo, when we play, so alternate models are always welcome.

And yeah, the Walrus only feels bad when you compare the opportunity cost for the price. Not a bad model, very difficult to swallow price wise unless you treat it like the luxury it is.

March 29th, 2018, 5:36 pm
Mini-Boss

dsdrew924 wrote:

$8.19 a figure doesn't seem that bad, especially given that they will probably be $20 a piece if they end up on the store. I considered buying 2 of each set and I kind of regret not doing that now.

InfinityMax wrote:
I'm not a completionist, though I do have just about everything. But the Way of the Fighter minis (except for Faris) do really feel like they could be in SDE, and I want these guys for Legends.

I think in steampunk browns and bronze, that I believe he is intended to be in, Faris will fit in quite well with the rest of Clockwork cove.

March 29th, 2018, 5:54 pm
Denizen

oh, that's a good point for clockwork cove. A pity there aren't more to compare to yet. Also clockwork cover is mostly gnomes and dwarfs iirc - a missed opportunity!

If you mod, then add some gears on that guy and he'll be steampunky XD

March 29th, 2018, 5:59 pm
Mini-Boss

There's already a gear on the side of his gun. Emerald and Oneshot are the ones I would look to, and he fits pretty well with them, other than possibly his goggles. Ultimately, I think he could look high tech if you paint him black and grey with green lenses, or steampunk if you do browns and bronze.

March 29th, 2018, 6:09 pm
Minion

See, your all talking about Farris, but I’m looking at El Falcon in a worse light. With a headswap would make a good alt gender angel, but not digging the mask. His head would look good on a Sir Stong body or something though..

March 29th, 2018, 7:29 pm
Denizen

Imriel wrote:
I think in steampunk browns and bronze, that I believe he is intended to be in, Faris will fit in quite well with the rest of Clockwork cove.

The gun isn't the issue for me, it's the Metal Gear Solid night-vision goggles. He looks like Solid Snake. I would only use this guy if he brought cigarettes to detect laser tripwires.

I agree that El Falcon probably won't get a lot of table time, either. His mask looks like they couldn't decide if he was a luchador or the last airbender.

March 29th, 2018, 7:34 pm
Denizen

I agree that was an....interesting creative choice to select celestial herald. I know there'll be someone that'll love that sculpt, though. And technically celestials are supposed to be insular and not venture out from Celestia a lot so maybe that's why he's masked?

March 29th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:

You wanna start a Legends group in Ft Worth this summer? (August-September ish) I know it won’t ‘Officially’ be out be then, but I’ll DM my campaign, which should be nicely polished by then.

March 29th, 2018, 8:51 pm
Denizen

Hell yes I want to do that!

March 29th, 2018, 9:50 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
Hell yes I want to do that!

Great :D
Is there a good FLGS near Ft Worth? I think we could build a pretty solid group if we played someplace like that where other people could see/join in.

March 29th, 2018, 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next