View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How To Keep The Fans Happy 
Denizen

I can't make you one I don't have the modelling chops, but if I can find a matching stl file I can certainly print you one.

I will dig the angry bear or one of the other large base models out when I get home tonight and have a look around on the 3d printing sites to see if anything matches.

Last edited by growlley on March 29th, 2018, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 29th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Denizen

Man, yokai quest and impact minis are so cool, but I must draw the line somewhere (for the sake of wallet!).

As for the base, I wouldn't hold my breath on there being dungeon bases for even Sweetheart candy. If you just google the promo images for sweetheart candy and tako girls, they all show a dungeon base, I assume b/c that's the default base they have in their sculpt app, but so far everything has come with a regular base. At least the Tusk Raider had a much nicer base, but the increased size still kills me during play b/c I just want him to fit in 4 squares!

As for the hero card, yeah...either cut the corners or sleeve it. I sleeved my cards (b/c I printed out the Arcade cards) and you won't notice the difference. Like...you don't handle the hero card really at all during the game so it's something that's annoying, but I bet you can get over if you can wait on SDE: Legends ;). Sleeves are super cheap (like 500 for $6 on amazon as an addon for ultrapro sleeves). i do hate that it makes things harder to shuffle, but it does make the printed cards feel more official :).

i'm looking forward to when y'all paint and share your Tusk Raiders :). I feel weird I haven't seen any posted on the internet yet aside from mine (which is of course, basic) and I'm so used to painting my stuff using other's as inspiration.

March 29th, 2018, 4:02 pm
Minion

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped carrying the bases period. Remember, they're SDE/ SPM/ ND specific, and they just lost the factory. Those bases (especially with the changing textures) are basically individual figures themselves, and ND lost their factory. It wouldn't shock me at all if they went the RRI route with future SDE products to save money... 3:

March 29th, 2018, 4:53 pm
Denizen

Man I hope they don't change up the bases now. Anyone else remember when Hasbro decided it was OK to use the wrong bases for HeroScape? That chapped my butt so bad I quit buying HeroScape.

March 29th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Denizen

what do you all say shall we have a Kickstarter campaign to commision a base ? Delivery date 31st feb 2199?

March 29th, 2018, 5:22 pm
Mini-Boss

prodigal_dreamer wrote:
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped carrying the bases period. Remember, they're SDE/ SPM/ ND specific, and they just lost the factory. Those bases (especially with the changing textures) are basically individual figures themselves, and ND lost their factory. It wouldn't shock me at all if they went the RRI route with future SDE products to save money... 3:

I'm not sure RRI's bases are much cheaper, they're still a custom base with a custom socket, I can't see the minor detail on SDE bases adding too much to the cost. The biggest expense is the mold, which I would think SPM owns even if they change factories.

For anyone interested, here's a cmparision of the wallruss on a SDE base and an Impact Miniatures base.
Image Image

March 29th, 2018, 5:28 pm
Minion

I heard someone needed some custom cobblestone bases?

4 pack- http://shpws.me/Q4iL

single- http://shpws.me/Q4gF

also working on uploading the RRI bases and some value packs

March 29th, 2018, 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

tat2artst wrote:
I heard someone needed some custom cobblestone bases?

4 pack- http://shpws.me/Q4iL

single- http://shpws.me/Q4gF

also working on uploading the RRI bases and some value packs

YOU ARE MY HERO.

March 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm
Minion

No problem, just wish shapeways wasn't so expensive. I need to look into other sources maybe even resin manufacture.

If you get them printed share some photos, I won't be getting any printed till I get a couple more models done for the next batch. They should match up pretty well though. I won't know what the edge will look like in person for a couple of days till my rri bases come but I don't think the polygons will be too noticalble and the polished option would probably smooth it out a bit more or just plain sanding them before painting.

i can do any custom sizes too

March 29th, 2018, 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

Hi, all. I don't have any cool insight or anything into the company, but I helped at the booth in 2015 and 16 during Gen Con and got to meet most of the team and reacquaint myself with a few others after a couple of years again.

The work they are doing for SPM and ND is their job- They want to succeed. They want to see cool things developed, and, although they need to run a business, they are gamers and get just as excited about cool new toys and games to play with.

They will see things through and do their best to deliver an awesome project. They've delivered in the past, and are forming relationships with new partners as well as previous ones, so they aren't going anywhere.

If you backed them in the past, bought anything from the store, or from their online store, you've had faith in them. Let's not lose that and let's look forward to an awesome product that will come to fruition.

"My wife lets me keep all of the miniatures she doesn't know about."

March 30th, 2018, 9:57 am
Mini-Boss

InfinityMax wrote:
The resin holds the details beautifully. You can definitely see the difference between that and regular plastic. I'm actually pretty glad I bought him, flaws and all, but I do hope SPM doesn't keep sending flat bases.

I suspect that they will keep up with the flat bases.

I honestly think that the point of the new Masterclass releases is to keep up manufacturing away from their Chinese manufacturers- and their guys in China are the ones who make their bases.

That said, they might have figured out a way to get more bases following the response that people here have had (or possibly they'll stop showing their masterclass minis with SDE textured bases).

You've got some options from here- Impact bases or 3D printed bases. There are a couple more that haven't been discussed here.

- You could also learn a little green stuffery and make your own, or use a basing stamp (I don't know of any basing stamps that are prefect, but Happy Seppeku has some).

- You could pick up some Oyumaru (also known as CMON's "Instamold"- but you can actually buy it as Oyumaru). Oyumaru is perfect for creating your own basing stamp (you'd simply make a mold of an SDE base, and then you'd have the texture that you could add to any base of any size).

Anyway, there are some options for you, and I hope you get the base as awesome as you want it.

April 17th, 2018, 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

I actually ordered a base for my tusk raider from Shapeways, at the link tat2artist provided. It looks pretty close to perfect. It was a little expensive, and if this is going to be an ongoing trend I'll probably save up and get a bunch at once, but I'm very happy with it.

I would try that base stamping, but I barely have enough time to paint, much less make custom bases. I have too many hobbies.

April 17th, 2018, 4:37 pm
Minion

InfinityMax wrote:
I actually ordered a base for my tusk raider from Shapeways, at the link tat2artist provided. It looks pretty close to perfect. It was a little expensive, and if this is going to be an ongoing trend I'll probably save up and get a bunch at once, but I'm very happy with it.

I would try that base stamping, but I barely have enough time to paint, much less make custom bases. I have too many hobbies.

just got my test ones in yesterday too. the cracks are about right, but the size matches up with the nas bases and is a little short of the sde bases. the 4 pack i have up is cheaper per base to print. unfortunately shapeways is still pretty expensive for printing bases. if anybody wants the stls for home printers let me know. I can fix the bases to have an all flat bottom better for printing.

April 18th, 2018, 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3