View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 18th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Minion

ManicMan wrote:
yes, same package which basically does make sense. some people seam to be moaning about lack of combo shipment but that is the norm. In the UK atleast, it's not as common for a company to comine shipment as it is to charge the same shipment but combine the orders.

I can see how people might be a little unhappy since it does mean a increase in the VAT because they are together but not by a huge amount. in fact, on there own, they are over the limit for VAT to be applied so that charge isn't any greater then the sum of the parts really. I have no problem with two orders that are ready at the same time being shipped together. a lot of places do that, though some have an option for apart if you want it like that.

My actual issue is the fact that I paid for two seperate shipments, and yet they combined the two orders, so I essentially paid an extra 8.00 for no reason.

Still waiting for a response on my customer service order.

May 25th, 2018, 3:15 pm
Mini-Boss

fair enough. no unusual but doesn't make it right..

================

May 26th, 2018, 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

anyone know what Resin they use for theses? working with it to clear up the parts, i'm thinking this is a lot softer then most resins I've worked with for figures and models.. in fact, i'm debating if that is a problem because of the thinness of Candy's bow (as in bow and arrow), i'm wondering if this resin is flexiable or more likely to snap.. most resins I normally deal with are either pretty strong, so they are more likely to shatter or soft but you don't use them for thin parts cause they'll stress mark and break.. without putting too much pressure on this, it seams to have a good bend without stressing.. but i'm wondering for storage..

================

May 26th, 2018, 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Yeah, here in the states that can be a bit of an irritation -particularly when the amount you're being charged to ship one item is usually greater than what they end up paying to ship multiple. On the flip side though, it already came up a bit with one of my previous orders, and honestly I just let it go. It's not the end of the world, and at the end of the day I agreed to pay certain amount to have something delivered to me, and I still had it delivered to me after paying the agreed cost.

I understand the frustration, but I also think it's a little silly to get upset when they find a way to save some cash while still delivering what you ordered. So long as they aren't cutting corners that affect the product quality or the safety/speed at which you receive it, it seems to me that a business SHOULD be seeking the most cost effective ways to meet it's sales agreements. I gather that I'm in the minority on that one though.

...still waiting for my shipping notice(s?) for my Valentine's resin minis. I'm curious as to what % of people have received theirs, we don't have the same kind of large volume comments section like you see in a Kickstarter here, so it's tough to say how far through the orders they are.

May 26th, 2018, 5:14 pm
Mini-Boss

Since a batch was brought by archonia near the end of pre-order time (but not before it run out.. probably also explaining one of the reasons for 'extra orders'.. and also giving European fans that didn't pounce on it (I kinda did cause how cute she is), a bit of a cheaper ordering method, it'll be hard to see what percentages... but of course, percentage of end customers that ordered via SPM or ND stores is possible ^_^

anyone figured out the best way to attach her to the base by the way? I wondered if the one bit of spure could be used but didn't seam to want to work out.. so it seam a tricky tiny bit of her skirt to use as a connector... no major problem but just wondering about other peoples ideas

================

May 26th, 2018, 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Yeah, here in the states that can be a bit of an irritation -particularly when the amount you're being charged to ship one item is usually greater than what they end up paying to ship multiple. On the flip side though, it already came up a bit with one of my previous orders, and honestly I just let it go. It's not the end of the world, and at the end of the day I agreed to pay certain amount to have something delivered to me, and I still had it delivered to me after paying the agreed cost.

I understand the frustration, but I also think it's a little silly to get upset when they find a way to save some cash while still delivering what you ordered. So long as they aren't cutting corners that affect the product quality or the safety/speed at which you receive it, it seems to me that a business SHOULD be seeking the most cost effective ways to meet it's sales agreements. I gather that I'm in the minority on that one though.

...still waiting for my shipping notice(s?) for my Valentine's resin minis. I'm curious as to what % of people have received theirs, we don't have the same kind of large volume comments section like you see in a Kickstarter here, so it's tough to say how far through the orders they are.

So.... https://thedma.org/accountability/ethic ... ng-charges

May 27th, 2018, 12:53 am
Minion

That being said, if it had been half that cost to ship each and it came in seperate boxes, I might've said, "you know what, ok... whatever... I spend 4 bucks blowing my nose int the morning"

But 8.00 is a meal. I could get a smoothie and A wrap at my local Tropical Smoothie for that price. that's almost 1/10 of 100.00 to ship something that DIDN'T HAVE TO GET SHIPPED SEPERATELY"

Even then, it's not Ok. How can a company expect us to trust them when they have to cut corners on the most BASIC of things?

Really? You have to pocket shipping? At most jobs, that could get you fired. :/

May 27th, 2018, 12:58 am
Bottle Cap

Anyone in Canada receive thier valentine's candy yet?

May 27th, 2018, 1:14 am
Denizen

Quote:
John Starck Cadice
37 mins
Greeting folks,

I wanted to jump in real quick. Recently we shipped a few masterclass super dungeon releases that some customers were charged twice for. We are aware of the issue, and are moving through the emails as quickly as able to get everyone taken care of.

We just moved offices, and had a short disruption in communications. We ARE securing refunds immediately for any double shipments, as this is an error in our part. We are sorry for any inconvenience, ...and will be taking care of requests from email channels and as proactively from our own records.

If you have not gotten an email in reply, keep trying us at info@ninjadivision.com.

Thank you!

(Posted on the Chibi Gamers FB group)

May 27th, 2018, 2:22 am
Minion

Holy wowser Batman, that link seems really relevant and conclusive until you read literally any other sentence or paragraph of the website!

I can appreciate that you were probably scouring Google to find some authoritative looking resource, I genuinely do, but....
That group has no legal or government authority/backing, takes no legal actions against companies or on the behalf of consumers, and is entirely focused on the protection and privacy of consumer data -so, if a company advertises that your info will be kept private, and then sells that info to an unassociated third party, they might be interested in doing almost literally nothing about it for you. That bit about shipping costs being used as stated is nice, but its not really something they indicate any interest in elsewhere. They sure do have an active interest in data privacy though, so that's super awesome.

Moving on to @Holy_Cross' post from (I'm presuming) Facebook:
I'm a little bit concerned here -John says "shipped". It's a subtle thing, but it's not the word you use to describe something that's still in process (unless this is an SPM Kickstarter and you live outside the US... No zing actually intended, just seems to be the pattern from the last few projects). So, now I'm trying to figure out how many US customers are still waiting on their Sweetheart Candy Master class model to arrive, or even be shipped out yet? Still no sign of shipping yet, but Mr. Cadice is speaking like it's all been completed.

May 29th, 2018, 2:37 am
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Moving on to @Holy_Cross' post from (I'm presuming) Facebook:
I'm a little bit concerned here -John says "shipped". It's a subtle thing, but it's not the word you use to describe something that's still in process (unless this is an SPM Kickstarter and you live outside the US... No zing actually intended, just seems to be the pattern from the last few projects). So, now I'm trying to figure out how many US customers are still waiting on their Sweetheart Candy Master class model to arrive, or even be shipped out yet? Still no sign of shipping yet, but Mr. Cadice is speaking like it's all been completed.

I think you're reading too far into it man. It's pretty straightforward. Several people paid for shipping on two separate orders, but because of timing ended up in the same box (Sweetheart Candy and Fungomancer is the common one). John is just saying if you paid twice for shipping SPM is going to refund you the difference.

I seriously doubt he's implying anything outside of that.

May 29th, 2018, 3:06 am
Denizen

I haven’t heard of anyone receiving a SH candy since the move but it is also Memorial Day weekend in the US.

I’m wondering if they’re holding shipments until they fix all the folks that could save on shipping.

May 29th, 2018, 3:33 am
Minion

I get that, but why wouldn't the instinct be to say "shipping"?

It's a small thing, just a few letters -but pre/present/post tense isn't something you commonly mix up, it's not he used the wrong spelling of a homophone. I don't know about you, but I don't tell someone that I've eaten my lunch when it's still very much in front of me.

Hopefully I am reading into it too much. They've chosen not to communicate in any transparent manner with customers -if not for occasional users who happen to be in different Facebook groups that aren't owned or operated by the company, I wouldn't have even heard that there was an acknowledged delay from the April delivery date. So the tiny morsels of info people scrounge up is all there is to work with.

Based on Facebook comments yesterday, it looks like there's at least one other person still waiting on shipping notification. If the public nature of KS comments sections have taught me anything, it's that a couple users can still very much be an unrecognized 'fluke', so it could really be either way.

Admittedly it's a little tougher to maintain good faith, with the current state of things over the last year or two. Part of me thinks that once I get this in my hands I'll feel a lot better about it, another part of me suspects that pre-ordering new products from SPM/ND may just not be for me until Legends ships out. I want to trust them, but I'm finding it easier than I'd like to start worrying over a comparatively smaller pre-order when it's specifically with them. Hopefully that changes at some point.

@Sleepy
I didn't particularly anticipate anything notice-wise after Friday -to your point, it was a Federal holiday today. I'm just surprised that I'm hearing so many people not only get their notices, but also have the mini in hand as far back as ten days ago from what I've found, and I still don't have a notice.

You may be right about the "holding" of shipments until things are straightened out. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, being two totally different processes, and being that we haven't heard anything about them accidentally SHIPPING two copies of the product to anyone. Frankly though, stranger things have happened with their fulfillment of prepaid products in the last year, so it's possible.

May 29th, 2018, 4:04 am
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I get that, but why wouldn't the instinct be to say "shipping"?

Because he is referring to past tense. People who have received two separate models in one box, despite paying for shipping twice.

I am one such customer. Sweetheart Candy and Furious Fungomancer arrived in the same box, though I had ordered them separately and paid shipping on each separately.

Not a big deal for me (I just emailed customer service to politely let them know) but some customers went straight to volume 11 on FB.

May 29th, 2018, 4:26 am
Minion

Apparently it took me a second, but your point makes MUCH more sense to me now.
Thanks for clarifying, your point helps (now that I get it, haha).

May 29th, 2018, 5:05 am
Denizen

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Apparently it took me a second, but your point makes MUCH more sense to me now.
Thanks for clarifying, your point helps (now that I get it, haha).

No problem :)

May 29th, 2018, 6:39 am
Mini-Boss

while it doesn't hugely bother me (though £5 is £5 and if I could get it back then good) but I wonder if the shipping issue is e-mail only response or they at just working backwards on cases..

anyway.. still note sure on the whole attaching candy well to a base and the strength of that resin issues ^_^

================

May 29th, 2018, 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Minion

Wait, is she not even slotted? I've ordered another resin in the past, and I was unhappy to learn it came with the crummy black base, but it was at least slotted for stability...

May 29th, 2018, 10:41 am
Mini-Boss

she might be.. there was what was like a base tab but I didn't like it and it's location and decided to cut it off cause it didn't even seam to be quite right place to me, but it was probably just me ^_^

Oh, there is a method to do the bases up really well to pretty much match SDE normal bases using a bit of cardboard.. I might give out some templates for anyone interested but.. not sure.

================

May 29th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Curious, I haven't heard of that trick. But I'd be interested I learning more about it.

May 29th, 2018, 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next