View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Minion

Imriel wrote:
Thought I'd just let people know I got a response from Ninja Scott today which included getting a refund on one of my combined shipping cost (Candy and Fungomancer).

Hey man, it may not seem like much, but seriously that's a bit of a relief. It's good to know they're up and moving on these things. Thanks for sharing that info!

June 5th, 2018, 1:16 pm
Denizen

Yesterday I got the same email from Scott and a Paypal refund.

June 5th, 2018, 2:02 pm
Minion

I haven't heard anything from my Candy order. But shipping to Finland always take lots of time... so fingers crossed.

I haven't heard anything from the WotF chibis either... are they even being made?

*sigh*

June 6th, 2018, 7:25 am
Mini-Boss

@Foxwhisperer - the WOTF KS did have updates showing some of the WOTF chibis produced and bagged. As usual it's a question of when they'll be done/shipping.

June 6th, 2018, 3:04 pm
Dungeon Boss

sleepy_laughter wrote:
@Foxwhisperer - the WOTF KS did have updates showing some of the WOTF chibis produced and bagged. As usual it's a question of when they'll be done/shipping.

Yeah- it's just a matter of time for those. Mind, I've seen resin casting take a little while (and I've only ordered batches of 30 or so).

June 6th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Mini-Boss

Depending on the type of Resin, Cure time is about 2 - 3 hours. Take 3 cause that'll be sure. Add a bit of time for checking, mixing, pouring, demolding, put it to 3 and a half to be generous. If they use one mold which is about right, so they can't do a bunch of the same one at the same time, then that's 105 hours to make 30. With an average of 8 working hours a day, 40 a week, that's about 2.6 weeks of full production. Now, no company in the right mind is going to go like that for one client, so they'll probably only use SOME of the 8 hours a day on your project and have to wait for time to do it (a slot in the schedule) and have the resin and currant in stock. Then there is quality control cause not every cast is gonna come out great, so factor in some time for that.. and any basic clean up and packing etc would put it to at least 3 weeks.. That is purely for 30 models. most companies doing this stuff would take orders in advance, say, at least a few weeks.. then add in the time for quality checking on the mold itself and initial sample pops..

So, if you wanted to get a factory to product 30 resin figures which are all the same, you'll be lucky for under a month between placing the order and having the stuff done. expect more 2 if it's not a very busy place. of course, a bigger factory doing a bunch in one go can speed up time, or slow down depending on complexity and stuff.. I think the main resins I mostly use these days are about 1 hour cures but I like to give it a bit of time ^_^

================

June 6th, 2018, 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Ninja Corps

So my first Candy just came in so now I wait for word of the second candy I ordered at the end of the Feb.

June 7th, 2018, 3:12 am
Bottle Cap

Just got my Candy today, unfortunately it came damaged. Broken/missing tip of one ribbon, other side has a crack in the ribbon, no tab at her feet for mounting to the base. Not sure how this got past QC. Sent an email, and now i have to see if they will replace it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/glnzraj7ed62pn5/Broken%20Ribbon.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zqkms88ryr64is/Cracked%20Ribbon.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/540laucxvbpllei/Foot%20Tab.JPG?dl=0

June 8th, 2018, 3:26 am
Minion

sleepy_laughter wrote:

I can wait for them to ship... I just want to know I haven't been forgotten!

June 8th, 2018, 6:55 am
Minion

I was emailed saying my order of this miniature should be shipping soon.

June 8th, 2018, 1:48 pm
Minion

Another week... Waiting for my precious minis to arrive....

June 9th, 2018, 4:18 am
Ninja Corps

I have apparently got mine. It's at my old shipping address (i didn't try to change it, as there was no big need to, so don't go thinking it was a failure on their part or anything XD).

Will be getting it actually in my hands over the weekend. :P

June 9th, 2018, 3:16 pm
Minion

I got my shipping notice for Valentine Candy, so that at least is coming.

June 11th, 2018, 6:45 am
Minion

Well, I've got one shipping notice, and my second order looks like it's still processing, hopefully that will update today or both will be in the same box. Nice to see there's at least been some progress on this. Assuming both really do arrive, I'm legitimately considering keeping/painting both -one as the regular "good" version, and one as the evil "Mistress Cavity". It would be easy enough to palette swap the card art and translate abilities to a dark version for play or as a boss... And admittedly I feel it could be amusing so long as I make sure to do a good job.

Anyone else done any major reworks/overhauls on the color scheme of the model at least? I think it's been over a month since I was painting SDE models, stepped away for a bit to do a rather large SoB collection and a few one-off Reaper Bones for a potential D&D campaign. Might need to get back to this, I was over 2/3 of the way through a complete painted collection.

June 12th, 2018, 11:37 am
Ninja Corps

Got my notice for my second candy Monday.

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Anyone else done any major reworks/overhauls on the color scheme of the model at least? I think it's been over a month since I was painting SDE models, stepped away for a bit to do a rather large SoB collection and a few one-off Reaper Bones for a potential D&D campaign. Might need to get back to this, I was over 2/3 of the way through a complete painted collection.

Practically all my commissioned painted warbands use a different color pattern. From my Harley bunny girl to my Joker scarecrow or my Kenshin ronin hero. Heck here is my take on the new NAS spider girl boss Jorugumo.

June 12th, 2018, 2:10 pm
Minion

That looks phenomenal. I've considered an airbrush for faster painting and easier blending work, but I just can't pull the trigger when I look at the initial cost to get going with a good setup... I'd hate to spend all that and then realize I just didn't like the technique. Your work looks amazing though.

Think I'll have to pull up the original image on my PC , do some palette work and find something I'm happy with. Then I can get down to the actual miniature more comfortably. I can 'wing it' with painting, but I prefer not to if I can plan things out more.

June 12th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Ninja Corps

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Think I'll have to pull up the original image on my PC , do some palette work and find something I'm happy with. Then I can get down to the actual miniature more comfortably. I can 'wing it' with painting, but I prefer not to if I can plan things out more.

I commissioned that one from my friend to do it and he told my she was tricky because he had to pull her apart to get into underside. Oh and it was brushed painted. But yeah he did wonderful work and all I asked for was that she not be shaded in a dark color scheme like most spider/monsters are including the original art work.

June 12th, 2018, 4:17 pm
Minion

Wow, that was done with a handbrush? Geebus, the shading and subtle blending REALLY made me think it was airbrush. Your friend is vastly beyond my level, kudos!

As of this morning, I'm sitting on not one, but two unique USPS tracking numbers, both scheduled to arrive tomorrow from Boise, ID. With any luck, I might even have the motivation to paint at least one of them this weekend. We shall see. I was tempted to set one aside sealed for trade/selling later, but with the current delay status and (from my own perspective) uncertainty regarding the product line, I'm thinking it might be best to just enjoy the product for what it currently is, and not hold out a lot of hope on some potential future resale value.

Anyone else still waiting on their shipping notice(s)?

June 13th, 2018, 10:48 am
Minion

I am still waiting on my shipping notification from them. Ordered the mushroom Friday so waiting on a shipping post for that too.

June 13th, 2018, 12:02 pm
Minion

Oh. They're shipping slotted bases with unslotted miniatures on these as well?
I mean, I knew that was happening with the Starfinder minis, didn't realize it was happening here too.

That's... great.... ಠ︵ಠ

June 14th, 2018, 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next