View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Denizen

ManicMan wrote:
Oh, there is a method to do the bases up really well to pretty much match SDE normal bases using a bit of cardboard.. I might give out some templates for anyone interested but.. not sure.

YES. I am very interested.

May 29th, 2018, 4:25 pm
Mini-Boss

basically, you can print out a template either onto paper or card stock, if it's not too thick card, you can 'copy' the design to a thicker card stock of your choice (depending on your preference, cereal package card works well, cut out the 'cracks' and stuff with a craft knife and glue the card to the base. Depending on the thickness/thinness of the card, make sure to press it down flat as it goes on and dries. when you paint it, it doesn't come off as looking too bad. I've had pretty good use in the past using paper to give the impression of a 'ripped sheet of metal' on a base.

I need to finish off some templates for SDE bases, and of course, there is a 'range' of SD bases, not just the one design.. there is a bit of a range and it works best with ones that don't have too smaller stones (though you can 'tack' them onto the bases first.

there is another method that is pretty much the same but with a thin layer of putty, like muliput, where you use a 'reverse' templete to push down the grooves. but the results are fairly good either way.

================

May 29th, 2018, 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

That's a good idea. I'm going to try that. Those Shapeways bases are great, but they're pricey.

May 29th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Bottle Cap

Soo... how many people ordered this and are missing it? Cause I sure am.
How many people have been given status updates? I placed two orders and haven't gotten anything, I sent emails to the store and through the website a couple days ago and haven't heard anything.

May 30th, 2018, 11:36 pm
Mini-Boss

I'm still waiting. I'm more interested in whether anyone's received one since they moved offices since I haven't heard/seen anything posted since some folks got theirs initially.

Also it's possible they're delaying shipping to work out the whole combined shipping fiasco.

May 31st, 2018, 2:39 am
Minion

I'm also still waiting, but as an Australian I'm used to slow postage

Facebook
Twitter

May 31st, 2018, 9:19 am
Minion

I got mine, along with Fungomancer, a couple days ago. Still trying to figure out how to attach that fragile hero to the base though :?

May 31st, 2018, 3:26 pm
Bottle Cap

So i sent an email asking about the shipping about Valentine's candy awhile ago. This was the response I got...

Hello!

We've been crazy busy, and we apologize that we were unable to respond to your message.

ND-SPM has moved to a new location and internet service has been unreliable or wholly unavailable during this process.

Our ability to respond may continue to be limited into the month of June, but we will be monitoring our messages.

If your issue has not been resolved, please resubmit your request so that we can provide you with rapid assistance!

Thank you for your immense patience with us, we truly appreciate your support.

Best regards,
Ninja Scott

May 31st, 2018, 8:58 pm
Mini-Boss

zgm... erm.. whatever, that sounds about right.. they had an office change and they said things were a bit iffy someplace so it makes sense..

Sprouty, ah.. the with Fragile is interesting for Candy.. I did a bit of a test with a bit of the cut off resin that was very thin.. I could bend it almost if not completely in half and ontop of itself so 360 degress, and it had no stress marks or signs of snapping.. in fact, I was very impressed.. I'm not 100% keen on the soft resin but it seams pretty good stuff. I'm slowly painting mine up before I attach to the base but I got a couple of possible ideas for a good way to attach it..

On a side note: (two things) 1- I got a base just drying to show people what the cardboard base edits look like (funny.. apart from the slot hole rotating, there only seams to be 2 pattern styles for 25mm SDE bases.. I went throught about 10-15 of them and only noticed two styles.. very interesting (and makes templates a lot easier) that..

2- it's a bit of topic for here but I think I commented on it here.. I now got about 4 Heroic shrooms. 5 if I include the alpha plaster test pop. My mold was slightly off where the two pieces join, mostly when it comes to his one eye.. but nothing too bad and with a bit of clean up, MORE then good enough for personal use.. a couple of air bubbles where I forgot to put in the air holes but they are easily filled. I'll probably show them (along with bases) on my make thread.

================

May 31st, 2018, 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

zgmfx20a wrote:
So i sent an email asking about the shipping about Valentine's candy awhile ago. This was the response I got...

Hello!

We've been crazy busy, and we apologize that we were unable to respond to your message.

ND-SPM has moved to a new location and internet service has been unreliable or wholly unavailable during this process.

Our ability to respond may continue to be limited into the month of June, but we will be monitoring our messages.

If your issue has not been resolved, please resubmit your request so that we can provide you with rapid assistance!

Thank you for your immense patience with us, we truly appreciate your support.

Best regards,
Ninja Scott

I got the same email. Quick question when did you order yours? I did mine early in the month.

June 1st, 2018, 8:42 am
Bottle Cap

Ordered Feb 1st.... Live in Canada. Have seen some people in my area receive theirs... So I don't know what the heck is going on with my specific order...

June 1st, 2018, 4:06 pm
Minion

I was thinking about emailing them, but having seen that apparently everyone who is reaching out to then gets that message, I figured it wasn't worth bothering when I know what kind of response I [won't] be getting back from them.

I've yet to receive my products, a confirmation of shipping, or any kind of notification from the shipping company -it's listed as a USPS 2 Day Air shipment, and I'm on their notification service, so I receive a message from them whenever they receive a parcel for me... Still nothing.

Between the move, and the stated billing mixup, I get the feeling that I'll be lucky if I see my items by the end of June. I'm also a little curious about the nature of the billing error, like how and where it happened in the process... Because depending on that information, it's hypothetically possible that they could be scrambling to figure out what to do about a much larger order of (almost guaranteedly non refundable) custom resin minis than they should be. That sort of panic seems like a more realistic reason for total radio silence than "we won't have intewebs for a month, oh but hey, nevermind the social networking updates that we still have NO PROBLEM doing in the meantime..."

June 2nd, 2018, 12:48 am
Minion

It’s hard to tell when we’ll actually get a shipping notification. From what I got from the email it’ll be after June.

June 4th, 2018, 2:19 pm
Minion

Yeah... It's kind of a joke at this point. A very un-funny joke.

June 4th, 2018, 10:49 pm
Mini-Boss

my personal guess is they're prioritizing shipping out the 15k starfinder minis they produced in May. That plus chaos from moving offices (not sure if warehouse moved or not).

I finally emailed back SPM to see where they're at /w Candy. On one hand, it probably wastes their time to respond to all the queries about Candy vs. just shipping them out unless it's completely different staff.

June 5th, 2018, 1:37 am
Minion

It won't waste any of their time, since they're just auto-bouncing the "sorry no interest" message to.eberything that comes through.

June 5th, 2018, 1:41 am
Ninja Corps

Well got tracking for one of my Candies. It was the first one I ordered. I got another one for a friend at the end of the month so I guess its still processing..

June 5th, 2018, 1:53 am
Mini-Boss

thanks for the update!

June 5th, 2018, 2:04 am
Mini-Boss

Thought I'd just let people know I got a response from Ninja Scott today which included getting a refund on one of my combined shipping cost (Candy and Fungomancer).

June 5th, 2018, 3:24 am
Mini-Boss

Wow! Thanks, Imriel! That's good to know they're making progress through that issue.

June 5th, 2018, 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next