View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 16th, 2018, 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Denizen

From what I’ve gathered large bases are flat and small bases are spotted but there aren’t that many data points to go off.

June 15th, 2018, 1:07 am
Minion

Um... What?

These are definitely small bases. But they're slotted flat black bases. I knew that we weren't getting the SDE style base that was pictured, and while I didn't love that fact, it was known/accepted. But a slotted base for a miniature with no slot just looks terrible.

To be honest, the fact that these resins come with a different style base than the standard ones is already frustrating -it stands out like a sore thumb, like you either lost the original parts, or you're improvising something that doesn't belong in the game. It's just sloppy. Okay, I'm done with my rant about consistent bases.

Consistency issues aside, it's frustrating that these bases clearly aren't even designed for these minis.

June 15th, 2018, 1:14 am
Minion

Well these are masterclass miniatures.

One of the skills a master miniaturerer learns is to fill the slots in the bases, right? :lol:

June 15th, 2018, 7:18 am
Minion

See, clearly I missed the point -I thought that Masterclass referred to a higher quality product, not a product manufactured to standards which required a master in order to make them look halfway decent.

Given the amount of random flash all over these things... Oof. Perhaps it was the latter.

June 15th, 2018, 10:11 am
Bottle Cap

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
See, clearly I missed the point -I thought that Masterclass referred to a higher quality product, not a product manufactured to standards which required a master in order to make them look halfway decent.

Given the amount of random flash all over these things... Oof. Perhaps it was the latter.

Naw, their resins have always been a roll of the die. Maybe it will be perfect! Maybe there will be mold slippage! Half the fun is finding out.

June 18th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Minion

I got the Val Candy.

It came with no way to attach it to the base (i.e. no tab to go in the slot of the base).

Was it supposed to be like that?

I'm not worried though, I'm experienced enough of a modeller, so I can fix that. I'm just wondering if it is missing the tab or what?

June 19th, 2018, 7:32 am
Ninja Corps

SHe's supposed to be floating/on her one tippy toe. the attachment point is the back of her skirt.

June 19th, 2018, 1:37 pm
Bottle Cap

Usagi wrote:
SHe's supposed to be floating/on her one tippy toe. the attachment point is the back of her skirt.

There are officially now 2 reasons that modelers should be beaten: Making the figure too large for their base and making attachment points small dots.
You had one job!

June 19th, 2018, 2:25 pm
Ninja Corps

In all honesty, I've never had problems with small attachment points. These models weight like 5 grams or some absurdly low amount. What are you all doing with them that you need some gorilla glue like bond to the base? I treat my models gently :P

June 19th, 2018, 2:31 pm
Minion

Can we get some pictures of the offending model. I'd like to know if this is actually rapid defence fanboys or useless modelists. :lol:

Check out my blog: https://thelandofaporia.wordpress.com/

June 20th, 2018, 10:25 am
Ninja Corps

The arcade playtest thread has a report with pictures that has candy in them viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14781&start=220

June 20th, 2018, 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8