View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 1:57 pm



Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Valentines day candy ship date? 
Author Message
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 444
Anyone know when we are supposed to get these, I find it odd that I will be receiving my walrus before my February 1st pre order.


March 14th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Posts: 514
They haven't said yet. The difference is the Walruses were produced, and then advertised to take orders.

Candy wasn't sent off to be produced until after 2/28 when the preorders closed.


March 14th, 2018, 5:50 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: December 3rd, 2015, 11:43 am
Posts: 444
sleepy_laughter wrote:
They haven't said yet. The difference is the Walruses were produced, and then advertised to take orders.

Candy wasn't sent off to be produced until after 2/28 when the preorders closed.



This is the answer I was looking for, thank you.


March 14th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: March 20th, 2017, 6:00 am
Posts: 114
I'm expecting it right about whenever.

I still havent got my WotF Chibis, so why should Candy be shipping any time soon?

_________________
This is supposed to be a happy occasion, so let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.


March 14th, 2018, 8:46 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 9:02 am
Posts: 606
Location: South East England
April is the stated date. Pre-order Feb, Production March, Shipping April. Since they are a smaller run of locally produced (well, same country) they are normally quicker to do.

_________________
================
If you want to see some SD related stuff I've made and shared, why not check out my thread:
http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14638
================


March 14th, 2018, 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Bottle Cap

Joined: February 25th, 2017, 6:53 am
Posts: 4
If they were to be shipped this month, why did I not yet receive mine?


April 26th, 2018, 9:24 am
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Posts: 514
https://www.facebook.com/sodapopminiatures/

Their FB for super dungeon (not ninja division) says the ship date is expected to be early may now.

Super Dungeon Hey Francis. We're looking at early May for Sweetheart Candy. More information will be coming soon!


April 26th, 2018, 5:23 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Posts: 231
From an email sent from info@ninjadivision.com, was sent on February 28th, 2018, entitled "Last Day to Bring Home Sweetheart Candy, Limited Edition Super Dungeon Hero!"

It had this to say about delivery:
Quote:
Sweetheart Candy will be made-to-order after preorders close March 1. Anticipated delivery is April 2018.

That's "delivery", not 'ship date'. Four days left... and as far as I know, nobody has received a shipping notice yet.


April 27th, 2018, 4:44 am
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
From an email sent from info@ninjadivision.com, was sent on February 28th, 2018, entitled "Last Day to Bring Home Sweetheart Candy, Limited Edition Super Dungeon Hero!"

It had this to say about delivery:
Quote:
Sweetheart Candy will be made-to-order after preorders close March 1. Anticipated delivery is April 2018.

That's "delivery", not 'ship date'. Four days left... and as far as I know, nobody has received a shipping notice yet.


SPM already put it out there that the demand for the model was greater than expected and it would be pushed to a May delivery.


April 27th, 2018, 2:10 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Posts: 514
I posted a 'preview' review based on the spoiler pics on the sde wikia

Sweetheart Candy

I just finished painting Arena Champion so she'll be my next 'last hero' to paint :)


April 27th, 2018, 2:44 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
sleepy_laughter wrote:
I posted a 'preview' review based on the spoiler pics on the sde wikia

Sweetheart Candy

I just finished painting Arena Champion so she'll be my next 'last hero' to paint :)



Good work on the wiki. I see you’ve put a lot of time & effort into it. I’ve referenced it a few times rather than digging through my stacks of monster cards, to get general stats for monsters while developing my Legends campaign.


April 27th, 2018, 3:42 pm
Profile
Dungeon Boss
User avatar

Joined: March 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Posts: 1016
Location: Utah
Holy Cross wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
From an email sent from info@ninjadivision.com, was sent on February 28th, 2018, entitled "Last Day to Bring Home Sweetheart Candy, Limited Edition Super Dungeon Hero!"

It had this to say about delivery:
Quote:
Sweetheart Candy will be made-to-order after preorders close March 1. Anticipated delivery is April 2018.

That's "delivery", not 'ship date'. Four days left... and as far as I know, nobody has received a shipping notice yet.


SPM already put it out there that the demand for the model was greater than expected and it would be pushed to a May delivery.



And that's why they made the Lrod into a character with much less demand. He'll probably ship on time.

It should be noted that they're working with a new caster (who might not be used to dealing with this sort of volume) and even from experience casters, timelines can get a bit timey-whimy.

_________________
Image Garden Ninja Studios


April 27th, 2018, 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Posts: 231
Holy Cross wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
From an email sent from info@ninjadivision.com, was sent on February 28th, 2018, entitled "Last Day to Bring Home Sweetheart Candy, Limited Edition Super Dungeon Hero!"

It had this to say about delivery:
Quote:
Sweetheart Candy will be made-to-order after preorders close March 1. Anticipated delivery is April 2018.

That's "delivery", not 'ship date'. Four days left... and as far as I know, nobody has received a shipping notice yet.


SPM already put it out there that the demand for the model was greater than expected and it would be pushed to a May delivery.


I hear you, but there's a problem with that statement -this was sent less then 12 hours before the preorder window closed. They had a pretty darn good idea of how many orders they had, and still said April. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they DIDN'T come back and say something else later, but I'm saying that they knew what their volume looked like when they were telling people April. It's a frustrating pattern, understandable with a massive board game, but ridiculous with a single model miniature.


April 28th, 2018, 3:18 pm
Profile
Ninja Corps
User avatar

Joined: March 25th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Posts: 2466
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I hear you, but there's a problem with that statement -this was sent less then 12 hours before the preorder window closed. They had a pretty darn good idea of how many orders they had, and still said April. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they DIDN'T come back and say something else later, but I'm saying that they knew what their volume looked like when they were telling people April. It's a frustrating pattern, understandable with a massive board game, but ridiculous with a single model miniature.


Citation needed that they knew. I can as easily claim, as factually as you can, that a huge portion of the orders for the model came in in the last day (cause last minute decisions never happen or anything) and they genuinely had no idea that there was going to be so much demand until orders rolled in just before they made the announcement. That's just as likely and has just as much evidence as you're "they knew the whole time and were just playing us" theory, and has more likely motivations past mustache twirling evil.

You're quickly falling into the "i'm going to complain no matter how they present anything ever" camp. You presume fact that aren't in evidence, you get angry based on these baseless facts, then you ascribe some kind of sinister motive to it. That's unproductive and pointless to bring here.


April 28th, 2018, 6:16 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
Usagi wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I hear you, but there's a problem with that statement -this was sent less then 12 hours before the preorder window closed. They had a pretty darn good idea of how many orders they had, and still said April. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they DIDN'T come back and say something else later, but I'm saying that they knew what their volume looked like when they were telling people April. It's a frustrating pattern, understandable with a massive board game, but ridiculous with a single model miniature.


Citation needed that they knew. I can as easily claim, as factually as you can, that a huge portion of the orders for the model came in in the last day (cause last minute decisions never happen or anything) and they genuinely had no idea that there was going to be so much demand until orders rolled in just before they made the announcement. That's just as likely and has just as much evidence as you're "they knew the whole time and were just playing us" theory, and has more likely motivations past mustache twirling evil.

You're quickly falling into the "i'm going to complain no matter how they present anything ever" camp. You presume fact that aren't in evidence, you get angry based on these baseless facts, then you ascribe some kind of sinister motive to it. That's unproductive and pointless to bring here.


I can understand the mounting frustration from the delays of the Legends campaign. But I agree with Usagi here. Paranoia is reaching an all time high. The mustachio-twirling villain assumptions are getting a bit ridiculous.

My personal opinion, SPM/ND is a company ran by gamers, for gamers. The lack the 'Boring Men in Suits' element that CMoN and GW has, which is their strength and weakness.

Boring men with suits will rush a product out the door to ensure cashflow for the next fiscal quarter ensuring a steady stream of product. That product may lack heart and soul though. SPM was just a small company that got big, fast and now they're learning to be a big company (steep learning curve, John Cadice has said so himself).

So I'm not gonna sit on the sidelines and get snarky everytime they hit a bump in the road. That said the internet has given us all a voice. Use yours however you will.


April 28th, 2018, 6:29 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: September 26th, 2014, 6:38 pm
Posts: 427
to be fair they didsay at some point a feww eeks back-she had proven more popular than expected and delivery might be pushed back to may due to casting volume.

I can't find the post but I think it was another one of those ones by john candice hidden away in the chibi face book group when some one complained about when they could expect the model.


April 29th, 2018, 12:07 am
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: October 10th, 2017, 10:21 pm
Posts: 120
Holy Cross wrote:
Usagi wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I hear you, but there's a problem with that statement -this was sent less then 12 hours before the preorder window closed. They had a pretty darn good idea of how many orders they had, and still said April. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they DIDN'T come back and say something else later, but I'm saying that they knew what their volume looked like when they were telling people April. It's a frustrating pattern, understandable with a massive board game, but ridiculous with a single model miniature.


Citation needed that they knew. I can as easily claim, as factually as you can, that a huge portion of the orders for the model came in in the last day (cause last minute decisions never happen or anything) and they genuinely had no idea that there was going to be so much demand until orders rolled in just before they made the announcement. That's just as likely and has just as much evidence as you're "they knew the whole time and were just playing us" theory, and has more likely motivations past mustache twirling evil.

You're quickly falling into the "i'm going to complain no matter how they present anything ever" camp. You presume fact that aren't in evidence, you get angry based on these baseless facts, then you ascribe some kind of sinister motive to it. That's unproductive and pointless to bring here.


I can understand the mounting frustration from the delays of the Legends campaign. But I agree with Usagi here. Paranoia is reaching an all time high. The mustachio-twirling villain assumptions are getting a bit ridiculous.

My personal opinion, SPM/ND is a company ran by gamers, for gamers. The lack the 'Boring Men in Suits' element that CMoN and GW has, which is their strength and weakness.

Boring men with suits will rush a product out the door to ensure cashflow for the next fiscal quarter ensuring a steady stream of product. That product may lack heart and soul though. SPM was just a small company that got big, fast and now they're learning to be a big company (steep learning curve, John Cadice has said so himself).

So I'm not gonna sit on the sidelines and get snarky everytime they hit a bump in the road. That said the internet has given us all a voice. Use yours however you will.


To me, really, I'm neutral as to really whether or not ND's motives are sinsiter on purpose or not, because the fact is, more or less, all successful businesses are sinister to a certain degree. Period. But that's a diatribe for another time. The fact of the matter is, There's a certain point where the "being gamers" excuse becomes less and less acceptable as well, because it assumes a) gamers don't have the ability to learn from their mistakes and b) because of that, ND should always get a pass if/ when a hurdle happens. An extreme example, but you wouldn't want to fly with a pilot who constantly doesn't know how to deal with flight turbulence just like you wouldn't want a doctor who constantly writes you the wrong prescription (again, extreme cases). That being said, as much as you wanna like this company, even the most stalwart of supporters WILL get fed up eventually if they keep this up. You say you won't, but everyone has a straw... /:


April 29th, 2018, 2:17 pm
Profile
Minion
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2017, 11:28 pm
Posts: 231
Usagi wrote:
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I hear you, but there's a problem with that statement -this was sent less then 12 hours before the preorder window closed. They had a pretty darn good idea of how many orders they had, and still said April. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that they DIDN'T come back and say something else later, but I'm saying that they knew what their volume looked like when they were telling people April. It's a frustrating pattern, understandable with a massive board game, but ridiculous with a single model miniature.


Citation needed that they knew. I can as easily claim, as factually as you can, that a huge portion of the orders for the model came in in the last day (cause last minute decisions never happen or anything) and they genuinely had no idea that there was going to be so much demand until orders rolled in just before they made the announcement. That's just as likely and has just as much evidence as you're "they knew the whole time and were just playing us" theory, and has more likely motivations past mustache twirling evil.

You're quickly falling into the "i'm going to complain no matter how they present anything ever" camp. You presume fact that aren't in evidence, you get angry based on these baseless facts, then you ascribe some kind of sinister motive to it. That's unproductive and pointless to bring here.


I'm sorry that you feel that way, mainly because you have to ignore some pretty glaring logic to arrive at that conclusion. I've defended SPM in many cases, so you can stow that ill-advised notion elsewhere.

While no one can prove anything specific to this case, there are a wide variety of similar examples that can be used to draw similar data that would be slanted more AGAINST my perspective if anything. Oddly enough, even accepting that likely slant against my assertions, my point still stands quite well.

Look at any gaming related Kickstarter project in the last year -if you check their day by day updates, you'll see that they actually see very little boost in that final 24 hours. That goes for big ticket items like, say the Legends campaign in 2015, as well as smaller items like card games. In fact, most Kickstarter projects tend to see the biggest movement in the FIRST 48 hours.

But let's consider something that should be even more lopsidedly in your favor, look at online auction site eBay. In an environment designed to create what is essentially last minute sales pressure, you really don't see items go much higher in that last day/hour as you used to. Sure, maybe a little bit, but not much really. Maybe 10-15% on MOST items these days. Unless it's some massive high cost item, people aren't waiting till the last minute that much unless they really think it's going to save them big bucks, which isn't really a relevant cause for delay in a case such as this.

Am I saying they didn't see any sales in that last stretch? No, I'm sure they did, because some people don't until the last minute. But what I'm saying is that a single pre-order game miniature with production time estimated at 1-2 months isn't going to net a whole lot of last minute impulse buys. The community doesn't have a lot of middle of the road folks right now, most people see those things go up and they know that they either want it or they don't. Again, there are going to be exception cases, but exceptions are not the norm.

If we (rather more than generously) assume that the mini had an extra 25% sales on that last day -that is to say that 1 in 4 of the TOTAL ORDERED ALL MONTH all happened in the final 24 hours, which is insane, and far beyond anything that one can find supporting data for, that would STILL mean that they knew 75% of their volume before sending out that message. You would be well aware of your larger than expected volume already. I'm not saying that they absolutely should have known when they COULD get those things out, but if anyone was paying attention they would have at least noticed it might be a good idea to just take that line out of the email they sent during the last hours of the pre-order period.

What's more, you can't honestly tell me that another 25% of a single resin figure would suddenly take you so much longer that you wouldn't even be able to notify people of a new shipping date two months after you closed pre-orders -which is where we're at as of midnight last night.

I love much of what SPM produces, but that doesn't give them a free pass.
If you like a company, a designer, etc., and you want to see them do well you should hold them accountable to their word. Artistic talent does not outweigh the need to have integrity with your customers. And this pre-order is one case where it's pretty hard to realistically defend their position.


April 29th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Profile
Denizen
User avatar

Joined: February 11th, 2014, 10:03 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Camp Pendleton, California
I’m definitely not saying that they deserve a permanent pass. I’m saying that during the course of this Kickstarter they got really big, really fast. Their learning curve has been steep and I believe they’ve learned a lot (like not to use Kickstarter for this big of a project, as John Cadice has publicly said already).

You’re right that everyone has a straw. Mine would come eventually if, say they learned nothing from this KS and made the same mistakes all over again. Or they failed to deliver. NOT Sweetheart Candy being delayed a couple of weeks due to unforeseen demand.

As for EVERY company being ‘sinister’, I’d say every company needs steady income to keep the lights on. If that’s sinister to you then the world must be a scary place.


April 29th, 2018, 4:05 pm
Profile
Mini-Boss
User avatar

Joined: October 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm
Posts: 514
Has there been a resin preorder to ship item recently prior to Sweetheart Candy? I mean Randy will be the next that I'm aware of, but admittedly, I have not been tracking on SPM/SDE content until beginning of this year. I don't know if SPM themselves knew/could accurately predict how quickly they could turn around Candy pre-orders. They could've run into production or basic project management issues and just not told us, which seems to be their status quo.

From my perspective, SPM's word on online medium carries very little weight b/c even though they mean well or share info that is accurate *at that time*, aside from the Tusk Raider literally being in stock when they posted it for orders, I'm not sure anything they've promised has been on time/when they expected for SDE...like...ever?

A post on twitter, facebook, or even these forums is not a binding contract nor do I think it should be treated as such. I would think may be a direct email from customer service carries more weight, but if it's like most companies, they can make mistakes too and those are not binding contracts.

Ultimately, I don't recall that the Sweetheart Candy had a guaranteed delivery date, but that their estimate was April. Now that estimate is May. And it may be delivery or shipping (more likely shipping b/c I don't think anyone's received a shipping notice yet). Based on this info, it'll be interesting to compare when folks get Randy.

I ended up not getting Randy (b/c a Yamazaru NAS clan box went on sale and cost less than Randy with shipping), but it also means one less thing to wait on since I know I'll play /w Candy as there are few straight DEX heroes, but Randy is /shrug. Love the concept, hate the price :).


April 29th, 2018, 4:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.