View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 16th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Tusk Raider! New hero announced! 
Mini-Boss

The only one is info@sodapopminiatures.com. If he has a personal email I don't know it.

EDIT: Oh! By the way, I just got my Tusk Raider! I am super amazed at all the details. They weren't lying. The resin is actually quite flexible and not too brittle. There was a little flash on the pieces that needed to be cut away, but it wasn't that hard. Everything fit together really well, with just minimal uses of green stuff to fill some gaps. The only bad thing is that it came with a plain 50mm base, not a Super Dungeon one with the dungeon texture on it. No problem for me since I have extras lying around, but if I didn't it would probably bug me. I can't wait to get him all painted!

March 8th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Ninja Corps

!SODA! - Tusk Raider "IN STOCK" on the web store?!!! Either our pre-order requests were heard...or their manufacturer is in Idaho :)

March 9th, 2018, 3:24 am
Mini-Boss

eternaldream wrote:
The only one is info@sodapopminiatures.com. If he has a personal email I don't know it.

EDIT: Oh! By the way, I just got my Tusk Raider! I am super amazed at all the details. They weren't lying. The resin is actually quite flexible and not too brittle. There was a little flash on the pieces that needed to be cut away, but it wasn't that hard. Everything fit together really well, with just minimal uses of green stuff to fill some gaps. The only bad thing is that it came with a plain 50mm base, not a Super Dungeon one with the dungeon texture on it. No problem for me since I have extras lying around, but if I didn't it would probably bug me. I can't wait to get him all painted!

Wow! you got yours already, eh? I am up in the Great White North and at last check the tracking said that the package was still in a processing facility in San Francisco.

But as luck would have it, I will have it just in time for my March Break!

March 9th, 2018, 3:44 am
Mini-Boss

Yeah. I know Holy Cross ordered his the 1st and got it yesterday I think. I ordered on the 2nd and got mine today, so pretty quick shipping for sure.

March 9th, 2018, 4:48 am
Mini-Boss

Compared to the other large base heroes the walrus is small but the dwarf is proportionate I think? So it’s more that other large base models are huge :). Kind of like how starfire has to have a tiny head compared to kobolds and chibi heroes. Mine had a big gap in the neck and I don’t have or use green stuff. Not even from my warhammer days. But once he’s painted up ain’t no one gonna care! My gripe about the base is more that it’s bigger than the regular base and thus extends over slightly more than 4 squares.

March 9th, 2018, 6:35 am
Mini-Boss

The base being a bit bigger does not bother me too much. If it was like the wyrmclaw templar or the dragon knight elf guy. I would have a problem those two just ridiculously over other squares they arent supposed to. Edit actually a bunch do that those are just what came to mind first.

On a side note I am super curious as to what the next masterclass mini will be?

March 9th, 2018, 6:45 am
Denizen

Meankeb wrote:
!SODA! - Tusk Raider "IN STOCK" on the web store?!!! Either our pre-order requests were heard...or their manufacturer is in Idaho :)

I'd like to feel like to feel as though my e-mail to scott help influence this. But probably not. Hahaha.

March 9th, 2018, 12:16 pm
Denizen

Well either it was a mistake, or they sold out again.

March 9th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Denizen

InfinityMax wrote:
Well either it was a mistake, or they sold out again.

I got my order in, here's hoping they sold out!

EDIT: You can still add to cart btw, so I think you can still purchase it.

March 9th, 2018, 5:54 pm
Dungeon Boss

Got mine, and put him together. He reminds me of working with a Scale 75 chibi.

March 9th, 2018, 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

odinsgrandson wrote:
Got mine, and put him together. He reminds me of working with a Scale 75 chibi.

Odin, Can you post pics of the assembled model please? thanks

March 9th, 2018, 6:12 pm
Denizen

It still says they're sold out, but I just threw one in my cart anyway. Checkout made me pay for it, so I guess they owe me one now!

March 9th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Mini-Boss

They left up the red text that says
Quote:
Oh my! Due to incredible demand and popularity, the Super Dungeon Hero, the Tusk Raider, is already sold out! Do not despair, though, because this high-quality masterclass resin miniature is being produced right here in the U.S.A. and will be back in stock later this month! Stay tuned and we will announce as soon as it is back on the shelf!!

but Availability: In Stock still appears just above that and under the add to cart line.

March 9th, 2018, 6:41 pm
Bottle Cap

I think this may be where I quit buying SPM stuff :/
I still like their minis but I'm not a fan of the resin change, I get the whole increase in quality but $20 is a big step up from $12-13
I hope they go back to plastic soon or at least I hope the war band and level boxes don't end up way more expensive!

March 9th, 2018, 10:54 pm
Denizen

I would be surprised if stuff like level boxes and war bands get the same resin treatment. It doesn't make sense - the tusk raider, being individually cast in resin, cannot be produced in enough quantity to ship to retailers. If they did the same thing with a war band, it would be so limited as to drastically hurt sales, as well as public exposure.

I think the Tusk Raider is kind of a holdover while they finish out wave 1. Hopefully once wave 1 drops, they'll be able to start pushing other stuff. Knock on wood.

March 9th, 2018, 11:30 pm
Mini-Boss

I don't think it makes sense to quit buying SPM stuff - it makes more sense to just set limits on what is/isn't worth buying and stick with it. I didn't buy of a lot of SPM stuff until it got discounted b/c it was above my price point and budget at the time. I also use gift money to buy stuff like this where I wouldn't normally get it otherwise. I agree, $20/single model is above what I'd normally pay, but $10 is a good price point for me. I already felt $13 was too much when I didn't love the 1.5/FK ruleset. With SDE:A 2.0, the value of the models are much higher to me b/c I am actively playing/using/painting compared to my years of hiatus after the FK KS.

Tusk Raider is a great hook to pull in new players, so that has the added value to me.

As for the resin vs. plastic, I think they responded to this on Twitter. The Masterwork models are planned to continue in resin in small batches. War Band/Level Boxes are planned to continue in plastic. Rather than thinking of resin replacing plastic, my understanding this is more of a new line of content where they can give us more products they otherwise would not be able to push enough volume to make a profit off just plastic.

March 10th, 2018, 12:22 am
Mini-Boss

Assembled model https://imgur.com/gallery/hlly7

March 10th, 2018, 2:46 am
Bottle Cap

It is more of a final nail in the coffin kind of thing, I'm not too bothered by Legends being super late, but it still does kind of suck that we are still waiting for it. I also realized that although I love the minis my friends and I are just not too into the game, I think I kept up with buying minis and expansions to use for D&D. I tried playing with a friend on Wednesday and we got bored pretty quick and just decided to play Mice and Mystics. With those two things and some minis that fit the whole fantasy theme getting way more expensive, I'm just not sure I can justify buying more of their products. I don't care that stuff like V!Candy is expensive, it may technically be "core " since it adds new rules, but with the amount of Candys and Colas we get they seem less canon.

I don't know, tldr I'm bummed that I like a $40 mini and I just can't justify it based on old prices and that it will sit on the shelf unless it comes up in a d&d campaign.

March 10th, 2018, 10:26 am
Mini-Boss

That's fair. I only picked it back up b/c I'm really into the SDE:A rules and have been playing and painting every week. There are plenty of other (cheaper) options for D&D. My wife did ask me what I'm going to do with so many heroes since...you only play with so many each time and reuse the spawn points much more often and my end game is to write my own SDE:L campaign...once the official materials show up.

March 10th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Denizen

Thanks for the pics, Sleepy_Laughter. Hopefully they'll come back in stock soon so they can ship mine. It looks awesome.

March 11th, 2018, 3:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next