View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently June 17th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Tusk Raider! New hero announced! 
Minion

I went SDE Spectator pledge and seem to recall having access to the PM (via SPM WebStore). I had seriously debated backing WotF itself as well as grabbing the other SDE Crossovers, but didn't have funds. Pretty sure I remember agonizing over adding more to my cart at checkout.

March 4th, 2018, 9:49 pm
Mini-Boss

growlley wrote:
So there was no way of getting them just as an sde spectator? I ask because I never got access to the pledge manager even though I pledged ( and ues I do have that confirmed in writing :-;)

The pledge manager was just the store, no pledge was needed to access it as far as I know. You could definitely get just the spectator:
and the 2 sets of 4 heroes:

March 4th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Mini-Boss

I also forgot that I had pledged, and forgot to add them while the pledge manager was active. I was able to email them and they got me all three sets. Try emailing info@sodapopminiatures.com

March 5th, 2018, 1:53 am
Minion

I also ordered those WOTF chibis through the store pre-order.

The Tusk is already sold out? Well I gues that saved me the trouble of deciding whether to buy or not. Looks like the answer is not. Not sure how I feel about that, but at least my wallet can sleep a bit easier now.

March 5th, 2018, 8:31 am
Denizen

Hes already out of stock, awesome

EDIT: This kind of pisses me off. There's no pre order, no "coming attraction", nothing. So they post it on the website, you get online to check regularly, but you had family over yesterday, so now today its out of stock.

WTF!? Seriously? That's some bull !SODA!.

March 5th, 2018, 12:20 pm
Denizen

just sent an e-mail to scott to see what's up with the stock, etc. Ill keep everyone posted as to whats going on when I get an answer.

March 5th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Mini-Boss

They posted on their Twitter that they are working on restocking. Guess either they only did a small test batch, or people really went nuts and bought him by the boatload!

March 5th, 2018, 7:31 pm
Minion

Hush! Don't tell my wallet that. I just got him to sleep...

March 5th, 2018, 8:56 pm
Mini-Boss

Aaaah! I just got an email saying my order shipped! I can't wait! I'll post some pictures once he arrives so you can all see what he looks like.

March 5th, 2018, 11:06 pm
Minion

Wow that was quick. Can't wait to see some paint jobs. Hopefully none too good or I might cave on the restock...

March 6th, 2018, 12:03 am
Ninja Corps

Facebook post confirmed:

"Oh my! Due to incredible demand and popularity, the Super Dungeon Hero, the Tusk Raider, is already sold out! Do not despair, though, because this high-quality masterclass resin miniature is being produced right here in the U.S.A. and will be back in stock later this month! Stay tuned and we will announce as soon as it is back on the shelf!!"

March 6th, 2018, 1:30 am
Minion

I'm not sure I want every masterclass item (a dragon would be too big and costly...), but there's something about the Tusk rider that I will propably cave in in this case...

So, waiting for the restock.

Welcome to the world of Kingdom Death Shop! Expensive items available only for a few days (hours?)...

March 6th, 2018, 8:29 am
Consul

Meankeb wrote:
Facebook post confirmed:

"Oh my! Due to incredible demand and popularity, the Super Dungeon Hero, the Tusk Raider, is already sold out! Do not despair, though, because this high-quality masterclass resin miniature is being produced right here in the U.S.A. and will be back in stock later this month! Stay tuned and we will announce as soon as it is back on the shelf!!"

This is what irks me a bit. They seem surprised this sold out? I mean, I'm not getting it, but I'm not gonna deny it's a really awesome miniature.
Of course it's gonna be high demand. They are gonna need a lot. It should have been plastic.

Couldn't they see they had a quality design on their hands?

The crossover schoolgirls are one thing. They don't fit, and aren't particularly interesting. Resin is fair enough for a release like that.
Then we have an extremely unique miniature with a great thematic design for the core game. By golly it should have been plastic.

March 6th, 2018, 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Ninja

Goblin-King wrote:
Meankeb wrote:
Facebook post confirmed:

This is what irks me a bit. They seem surprised this sold out? I mean, I'm not getting it, but I'm not gonna deny it's a really awesome miniature.
Of course it's gonna be high demand. They are gonna need a lot. It should have been plastic.

Couldn't they see they had a quality design on their hands?

The crossover schoolgirls are one thing. They don't fit, and aren't particularly interesting. Resin is fair enough for a release like that.
Then we have an extremely unique miniature with a great thematic design for the core game. By golly it should have been plastic.

With out knowing exactly how many they made and exactly how many of past designs have sold we can't say whether we should be shocked or not. If the special edition Candy sold X units and the Tusk sold out at X*20 then it is a huge surprise for Soda Pop. If Special Edition Candy sold X units and they made 4 Tusk Raiders then yes, we should be shocked not Soda Pop.

March 6th, 2018, 2:49 pm
Mini-Boss

Perhaps they are surprised because so many people were complaining about the price, and yet it still sold and sold quickly.

I was somehow simultaneously surprised and not surprised for the reasons mentioned above. Maybe I have trouble believing that there are people that are weak-willed as me when they see a pretty miniature! :P

March 6th, 2018, 3:27 pm
Denizen

I think someone posted something about production and it sounded like doing something in Resin made in USA had a faster turnaround/control/lower up front investment compared to Plastic overseas (which are potentially locked down for hopefully producing SDE:L content?)

March 6th, 2018, 4:48 pm
Denizen

Just throwing it out there, maybe they should open up pre orders for the second wave so they don't under stock again? Then it also prevents scalpers from trying to buy them out and putting them on ebay for 100 dollars.

Just an idea.

March 7th, 2018, 3:16 pm
Mini-Boss

dsdrew924 wrote:
Just throwing it out there, maybe they should open up pre orders for the second wave so they don't under stock again? Then it also prevents scalpers from trying to buy them out and putting them on ebay for 100 dollars.

Just an idea.

I think that these are excellent suggestions!

March 7th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Denizen

Spazzfist wrote:
dsdrew924 wrote:

Just an idea.

I think that these are excellent suggestions!

I just e-mailed Scott directly. Hopefully they consider it.

March 7th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Bottle Cap

Is there anyway you could DM me Scott's email? I've been trying to get a hold of him for about a month in regards to jumping on a late pledge for the legends kickstarter. It seems the info email is super backed up, because I haven't gotten anything back from them there yet.

March 7th, 2018, 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next