View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 19th, 2018, 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Tusk Raider! New hero announced! 
Minion

Danteire wrote:

As for making individual heroes SPM store only.....I was thinking they should have done this anyways! Case in point, my local FLGS went kinda heavy into Ninja-All Stars: got Core Sets (all sold), got multiples of all 6 Clan boxes (all sold) and a smattering of Clan Heroes/ Ronin....and some are still languishing on their shelves. Can see it with similar games too: Imperial Assault, Core set and large exp always sold out but inundated with indiv mini packs, Rum & Bones Ive not seen for ages but the extra char trio packs are dotted round the place, Zombicide has dozens of tile packs and extra zombies but I had to order the Black Plague Core set as they hadnt got it in for ages, it just sold out immediately.

With the (hopefully) imminent arrival of SDE 2.0, I think they should push more for the larger boxes to retail and these smaller individual releases as online only. Combine the Level packs and tile packs into fuller Level packs, most likely people would only buy the Core Set and larger exp packs and skip the indiv heroes/mini-bosses.....or at least make "Hero Packs" of 4-5 figures for $60-$70 (with option to grab indiv ones online)....would love to see this for when Legends arrives to fill in the "gaps" in the miniature line (Dwarf magic users, Human Rangers, Necromancer/Witches in general. Means there is less risk when you dont have to make thousands large production runs to ensure every FLGS that orders gets 1 or 2 of each, even if it ends up not selling.

I've actually been thinking that, while most won't be happy with it, I think it'd be great if part of the current delay is that they're working to get reprints of a lot of older content (Von Drakk, Wyrmclaw, etc.) produced at the same time as it makes sense to do so. I managed to track down a Von Drakk at a FLGS and they said they were actually trying to reorder a lot of SDE but things weren't available from distributors. Justin mentioned reprints being planned. The idea being SDE 2.0 launch being a "grand re-launching" so to speak with lots of inventory to ride the hype wave.

I'm fine if singles are webstore, but hope they don't all end up in the more expensive resin line.

March 2nd, 2018, 11:39 pm
Mini-Boss

I was thinking to wait for a sale, but in less than 24 hours I caved. I am part of the problem, I suppose. But I did not buy the Sweetheart Candy! So if they are going to gouge me it had better be REALLY cool! lol

March 3rd, 2018, 12:04 am
Mini-Boss

Maybe it's just me being a former Warhammer player, but I don't find the price too unreasonable. In fact I thought the prices of everything before were pretty cheap.

March 3rd, 2018, 12:12 am
Minion

eternaldream wrote:
Maybe it's just me being a former Warhammer player, but I don't find the price too unreasonable. In fact I thought the prices of everything before were pretty cheap.

Yeah, quite the same. I'm not speaking about the price of the model, but the impact of having 0 distribution channel for it in Europe that makes us pay it twice basically, and even more...

March 3rd, 2018, 8:18 am
Consul

Millenia wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

Yeah, quite the same. I'm not speaking about the price of the model, but the impact of having 0 distribution channel for it in Europe that makes us pay it twice basically, and even more...

Exactly. While I DO think the mini is unreasonably expensive, at GW part of the high price is availability. The high price allows them to pay for warehouses etc.
Here the high price goes to nothing except the mini itself. Americans will feel like the prices are comparable, but for ROTW there's a huge service NOT included.

Fun fact. This would cost me $93

March 3rd, 2018, 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minion

Goblin-King wrote:
Millenia wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

Exactly. While I DO think the mini is unreasonably expensive, at GW part of the high price is availability. The high price allows them to pay for warehouses etc.
Here the high price goes to nothing except the mini itself. Americans will feel like the prices are comparable, but for ROTW there's a huge service NOT included.

Yeah, for that price I'd rather grab a Morathi. Zero questions asked.

March 3rd, 2018, 3:18 pm
Minion

Millenia wrote:
Goblin-King wrote:

Yeah, for that price I'd rather grab a Morathi. Zero questions asked.

For that price you could grab a whole game!

March 3rd, 2018, 3:25 pm
Mini-Boss

Any one planning for a collective order to Europe? I'd be up for that.

March 3rd, 2018, 7:21 pm
Mini-Boss

It's out of stock now, but of course TK heroes are back in stock now o.O. Poor Wallet. Better start saving now for when WoF minis (hopefully) hit the store.

March 4th, 2018, 8:27 am
Bottle Cap

Have you guys already checked the shipping costs to europe? payed like 50€ (53,99$) to get it to germany (wich is cheap compared to the sweethheart candy model).

But yea out of stock already so nvm....

March 4th, 2018, 11:53 am
Ninja Corps

Looks great, but $40?! American?! That's over $50 for Canadians, plus shipping which would be another $15-$20. That's nearly $70 for one model.

At that price, it better be made out of all the Kickstarter stuff I paid for 2+ years ago.

March 4th, 2018, 1:51 pm
Ninja Corps

Ugh. The web store got updated to Out of Stock this morning. Apparently, despite all of the posturing and postulating about the cost...the wallets have spoken. It would be great to see a sales breakdown on this one (but we are obviously not entitled to one). 28 days to buy Sweetheart Candy @ $20 = x units Pre-ordered. 3 days (with no expiration on the availability) to buy Tusk Raider @ $40 = from In Stock to Sold Out. In all reality, I think this one really just comes down to the model. Understand that behind the scenes, the company has to gamble on the art work, modelling and then molding in both cases, but if you put out an amazing product (without time based exclusivity noted, or even limited print run)...it will sell itself.

March 4th, 2018, 2:28 pm
Mini-Boss

On chibi gamers on Facebook folks did a few breakdowns for EU and it was around $90 to $100 usd for model shipping and customs. Until spm finds intl distribution I would expect only the most devoted and richest fans to bite but this is not limited time like heart candy so as long as it sells I expect it’ll be back in stock down the line for groups to plan a bulk purchase.

March 4th, 2018, 3:33 pm
Ninja Corps

On the plus side, does this mean they are finally (finally!) getting around to producing the Frostbyte Reach stuff?

Can't wait to see more, probably 'round Sept./Oct. 2019...

March 4th, 2018, 5:18 pm
Minion

I remember when they announced on the KS comments that Frosbyte stuff was going to be delayed because priority would be on fullfilling the KS....

And that was just a few months ago...

March 4th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Minion

Just hope they are plastic and not resin warbands/expansions

March 4th, 2018, 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Denizen

slightly off topic but related to 'new heroes' when did the way of the fighter figures become 11 models?

Also where they split up into seperate packs? I only ever saw the first 3 they advertised.

Candy and Cola as the Elf Minstrel and Cola
Aurelia as Nyan-Nyan
Alberdus as Champion of Vulcanis
Kasi as Dark Elf Assassin
Lumi and Geenie as Princess Ruby
Ren as Clawtribe Barbarian
Jun as Sanctioned Witch
Faris as Princess Emerald
Severina as Hexcast Sorceress
DShaun as Cursed Captain
El Falcon as Celestian Archer

March 4th, 2018, 8:54 pm
Mini-Boss

It was part of the SDE:L update post. I don't think it's ever mentioned in the WOTF KS:

SDE:L Update #81

I *think* only the 3 heroes/4 miniatures shown were part of the WOTF KS.

For the others, I don't think SPM has shared anything beyond this update/sketches.

Last edited by sleepy_laughter on March 4th, 2018, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2018, 9:01 pm
Mini-Boss

growlley wrote:
slightly off topic but related to 'new heroes' when did the way of the fighter figures become 11 models?

Also where they split up into seperate packs? I only ever saw the first 3 they advertised.

Two packs of 4 heroes were added sometime after the project ended and I believe sometime prior to the pledge manager opening. They were part of the blazing soul completionist pledge as well as $35 super and turbo packs. Many of them are new classes using older hero rules.

March 4th, 2018, 9:03 pm
Denizen

So there was no way of getting them just as an sde spectator? I ask because I never got access to the pledge manager even though I pledged ( and ues I do have that confirmed in writing :-;)

March 4th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next